"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:13 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:42 am But the game was rushed all around. The American dub of these games is irrelevant to that; it's always the same case of the voice actors coming in, half-heartedly reenacting events from the show. It's inevitable when these titles have to come out yearly.
Wait, what? How are ANY of the game dubs from the last decade & change half-hearted? I can understand if a voice or 2 is miscast, or there's an awkward or unfitting line read here or there because Bandai Namco don't give the cutscenes to Sabat to get as best of voice direction as possible, but I genuinely don't think there's a single half-hearted performance from the returning actors on the whole.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:47 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:13 pmI'm reminded of the old PS2 and 7th gen games. The promise behind Raging Blast and Burst Limits' lackluster rosters and design was that Spike was going to create more character models in the engine over time, so while Butst Limit was bare bones, Burst Limit 3 would be something amazing. And Raging Blast was excused because it was an HD game and they needed time to make new higher quality models but still needed their yearly DB game, so by Raging Blast 3 it was going to reach the same heights as the PS2 Sparking! titles.

But this was the second Dark Age of Dragon Ball, and it turned out they didn't have enough budget or sales to justify doing this.

When it comes to Xenoverse 3 and just how flush with zeni Dragon Ball is now with the likes of Xenoverse 2, FighterZ, Dokkan Battle, Heroes, and Kakarot selling gangbusters, I wonder if they're doing the same thing: creating loads of character models that will then go directly into the third game.
Interesting, I didn't thought it was a matter of budget and sales, but still I would enjoy to see what Burst Limit 3 or Raging Blast 3 would turn out into...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:13 am

So I have voted for GT Vegeta and Haia Dragon. What were the clothing options? I have missed that voting as I played XV only when Paikuhan was released?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:22 am

Finally got 100 percent of the trophies! The Hero Colosseum took a bit of time. It was the last trophy I got. SR Cabba really saved my butt in the final free battles.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 am

As much as I like GT Vegeta in games, you just know he would be a wasted slot in this game. There’s no reason why they can’t just add him as a costume to standard Vegeta, because it’s not like he would be about to transform into SSJ4 anyway. Base/SSJ GT Vegeta don’t have any distinguishing characteristics aside from Final Shine so they could just add that costume slot and give him Final Shine. Probably a less complex or unique costume than some that are already in the game. Not to mention he would more than likely be based on his already off-model appearance albeit with shorter hair. If they actually redid his head to be more accurate to the character, that would be the only case I could see it justified.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:07 pm

Where can we vote? In game only?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:01 am

TobyS wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:07 pm Where can we vote? In game only?
Yeah, there is capsule robot reception close to the hero coloseum. But voting is time limited. Character and clothes are already closed and now the mascot vote is open.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:05 am

Thanos wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 am As much as I like GT Vegeta in games, you just know he would be a wasted slot in this game. There’s no reason why they can’t just add him as a costume to standard Vegeta, because it’s not like he would be about to transform into SSJ4 anyway. Base/SSJ GT Vegeta don’t have any distinguishing characteristics aside from Final Shine so they could just add that costume slot and give him Final Shine. Probably a less complex or unique costume than some that are already in the game. Not to mention he would more than likely be based on his already off-model appearance albeit with shorter hair. If they actually redid his head to be more accurate to the character, that would be the only case I could see it justified.
I like him nostalgically, he was kinda cool in GT when it ran on TV back in the days. So I picked him out of nostalgia, as I think we already got the most out of Super and Dyspo is boring, designwise and overal. I miss the old DB designs from the series heyday over the simplistic new ones. Still, the gameplay of XV2 is crappy and I miss in-game transformations and forms for Cell, Freeza, Super 16 or Bojack.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:35 am

I wonder if we'll eventually get Hakai Vegeta (with his new technique or his new form if he does get one) and full gi UI Goku. I mean, if XV3 isn't gonna be a thing and they'll keep us entertained with DLC forever, shouldn't we get the newer versions of the characters?

I can understand Moro or Granolah not coming -no VA, no official colours, etc- but adding a new skin for UI Goku (would it be too hard to just add another costume for an existing character?) and Vegeta's groundbreaking new technique doesn't seem that crazy.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:27 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:01 am
Yeah, there is capsule robot reception close to the hero coloseum. But voting is time limited. Character and clothes are already closed and now the mascot vote is open.
Damn my Xbox is still in England because they said that was the last DLC when you beat Uub the lying dicks
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:07 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:27 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:01 am
Damn my Xbox is still in England because they said that was the last DLC when you beat Uub the lying dicks
Dimps:

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 06, 2021 12:41 pm

Do the off-modeled characters bother anyone else? I guess it's not too much of a problem since most of the characters just have a few wrong or missing features, but I can't be the only one that thinks it's just unnatural. Even all the good shading mods don't fix it.

As much as I want them too, they obviously wouldn't go through each model and start them over from scratch, but would importing and then polishing some from DBLegends or Heroes be more likely?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:41 pm
As much as I want them too, they obviously wouldn't go through each model and start them over from scratch, but would importing and then polishing some from DBLegends or Heroes be more likely?
It's definitly possiable they'd take models from Legends. I think I even remember at release that people noted some assets that were imported from Xenoverse.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:41 pm
It's definitly possiable they'd take models from Legends. I think I even remember at release that people noted some assets that were imported from Xenoverse.
That's kind of reassuring to hear. I just wish I knew why they haven't done that yet and why some of the characters are off-modeled in the first place when it shares its assets with a game that keeps the characters consistent.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu May 06, 2021 7:13 pm

At the very least, I'm sure they'll touch up the older models to make them look better. If you compare the DLC characters to the models from XV1, there's a clear difference in quality. And since this next sequel is taking so long to make, I'm sure they've got time to bring all the models up to speed. I just hope they don't use that gross, plasticy shading style of the previous two games. I don't expect the game to look as good as Fighterz, but come on. The characters shouldn't look like toys.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 06, 2021 7:57 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:13 pm At the very least, I'm sure they'll touch up the older models to make them look better. If you compare the DLC characters to the models from XV1, there's a clear difference in quality.
I've compared a few of them and the new new ones, like Toppo and Pikkon don't have as many problems, but the ones from the previous DLCs like 17 from earlier and broly either look rough or uncanny.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon May 10, 2021 1:59 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:41 pm Do the off-modeled characters bother anyone else?
100%. Vegeta is the worst offender. He looked bad in Raging Blast, but this is somehow worse. I don’t know why his head is apparently so difficult to model but he looks nothing like the character.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon May 10, 2021 2:56 pm

Thanos wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:59 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:41 pm Do the off-modeled characters bother anyone else?
100%. Vegeta is the worst offender. He looked bad in Raging Blast, but this is somehow worse. I don’t know why his head is apparently so difficult to model but he looks nothing like the character.
Most DB games, especially the recent ones, keep the characters consistent so why (or how) are the Xeno-devs messing them up?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon May 10, 2021 3:31 pm

So is a XV3 even possible?

It's been so long since 2 released.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon May 10, 2021 3:39 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:31 pm So is a XV3 even possible?

It's been so long since 2 released.
The fact that they’re apparently still doing DLCs for this game would seem to suggest that they haven’t even started working on a third one.