"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:27 pm

If the Xeno devs did upgrade to a better up-to-date engine what would XV3 look like, and would they have to redo every single assets because that's exactly what I hope is happening right now.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:52 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:27 pm If the Xeno devs did upgrade to a better up-to-date engine what would XV3 look like, and would they have to redo every single assets because that's exactly what I hope is happening right now.
What do you mean
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 am

Young-Jah wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:52 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:27 pm If the Xeno devs did upgrade to a better up-to-date engine what would XV3 look like, and would they have to redo every single assets because that's exactly what I hope is happening right now.
What do you mean
I'm wondering what Xenoverse's visuals (models, shading, textures, particle effects, etc) would look like if the developers actually did get an upgrade on their equipment. Like would it be close to FighterZ, or more like those CG cutscenes they've been using, or would they be able to make something even better.

I'm also wondering if this upgrade in equipment would force them to redo every asset. I'm actually hoping that this turns out to be the case since the thing that's worrying me the most is that they'll only go as far as making the models and textures look "cleaner" like the DBH characters. It's not bad for a 10 year old arcade game, and while most people might disagree with me and say that this is good enough, I'm hoping for something better or at least as close to FighterZ as a 3D game could possibly get.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:45 am

I would be VERY surprised if the game looked anywhere near as good as FighterZ. Not only does FighterZ have the benefit of working within a 2D plane, making it possible to mimic the anime more accurately with tricks in perspective, but they had a much more limited cast of characters. It's a quality vs quantity thing. There are some simple things that have been touched on earlier, which would make a big difference, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for the sequel standing toe-to-toe with other current gen games. They'll probably touch up certain particularly important characters, like Goku, and new characters will of course meet their new standard, but I expect the majority of characters will essentially use the same models as before.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:30 am

Do you think Bandai will ever put in new Transformation skills for CAC, like Ultra Instinct, SSG (the Red hair form), etc.
I just got Kaioken, Super Saiyan, Super Vegeta, SSGSS (SSGB), Future Super Saiyan, and I finally got Potential Unleashed and SSBE.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:18 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:30 am Do you think Bandai will ever put in new Transformation skills for CAC, like Ultra Instinct, SSG (the Red hair form), etc.
I just got Kaioken, Super Saiyan, Super Vegeta, SSGSS (SSGB), Future Super Saiyan, and I finally got Potential Unleashed and SSBE.
With how they keep adding new content to the game, its not out of the realm of possibility. But its not the most likely situation either. I know people have been wanting new Majin forms (purified, with the one super soul, is actually really good), better Namekian form (giant, while cool looking, just isn't practical), or at least useable (the Nimbus Cloud and Power Pole is stupid, weak, and the worst of the bunch).

UI wouldn't be a bad one to add, being for all races. And a "mentor" form for the Majins has been thrown around (or at least, people want a skinny, but big transformation without losing the moveset).

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:36 pm

Between XV1 and XV2, they basically scrapped the transformations and started over. Hopefully, XV3 will do the same. Saiyans have too many transformation skills, which can be condensed down to still have representation for all the forms. Other racial transformations just need an overhaul. Here's what I'd like to see:

For humans: Full Power: Based on Roshi's buff form. Greatly improves all stats, but the user powers down after using an ultimate skill. (Is that what they're called in this game? Been a while. lol)

For Saiyans:

Super Saiyan 1-3: For melee-based builds. SS3 is powerful, but recharges ki and stamina significantly slower.

Super Saiyan God: For ki-based builds, similar to Super Vegeta. Second form is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, and third is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution. Like Super Saiyan 1-3, higher forms recharge ki and stamina at a slower rate.

Super Saiyan 4: For balanced builds. Only has one form, but it's powerful and less taxing than the final forms of the other transformations.

For Namekians:

Red Eyed form: Based on the transformation from Dragon Ball Heroes. Increases all stats, and gives the user a slow health regeneration.

Giant form: If it can be improved, I'd like it to stay. It will likely never be useful against human opponents, but maybe it can be useful for clearing waves of NPC enemies. Would also be nice if Slug had access to the transformation...

Frieza race:

Golden form: Similar to the form from XV2, but now it has a Perfected Golden Form as a second stage, based on the improved version Frieza got after his mental training in Hell.

Majin:

Purified form: Seems useful enough as is, but maybe it can be tweaked a bit. Would be nice if female Majins still looked female in this form.

Super Majin: Based on Super Buu. Takes on traits and skills of the user's mentor, as they're temporarily absorbed. If that's too much to ask, it can instead be a form above Purified form, where the user absorbs the negative energy of their Pure form without giving into it, taking the shape of Super Buu.

General:

Kaioken: Pretty much the same as before, but maybe Saiyans with Super Saiyan God unlocked can appear to be using it in combination with Super Saiyan Blue. No stat differences. Just a visual change for fun.

Ultimate form: Pretty much the same as before. The user gets increased stats around the board, with no drawbacks. Not super powerful, but useful.

Ultra Instinct: The user automatically recharges stamina, allowing them to dodge more often. Also grants the user a passive dodge, like Ultra Instinct Goku. The Sign form has no stat increases, but the silver haired, perfected version does have moderately increased stats. Maybe the latter form has a ki drain to make it balanced.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:34 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:18 pm With how they keep adding new content to the game, its not out of the realm of possibility. But its not the most likely situation either. I know people have been wanting new Majin forms (purified, with the one super soul, is actually really good), better Namekian form (giant, while cool looking, just isn't practical), or at least useable (the Nimbus Cloud and Power Pole is stupid, weak, and the worst of the bunch).

UI wouldn't be a bad one to add, being for all races. And a "mentor" form for the Majins has been thrown around (or at least, people want a skinny, but big transformation without losing the moveset).
Honestly, when it comes to the Majin forms, I'd prefer if the purified form doesn't look like fucking Kid Buu. It ruins what's otherwise a good power-up.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:40 pm

Caulifla is coming.

She better come with base, Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 forms!
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:24 am

Hopefully Kale makes it in too. The girls are a duo. It would be weird to just get one.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:34 am

Great news! Kale could be the fourth :thumbup:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:27 pm

I still can't believe we're getting base Gogeta... Again.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:27 pm I still can't believe we're getting base Gogeta... Again.
I'm pretty sure this is the first time base Gogeta's ever been playable outside of Heroes, or at least the only time he's been in a fighter-type thing.

Still feels like a waste imo
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:28 pm

Will Caulifla be part of Legendary Pack 2?

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:03 pm

Do you think Master Roshi should be in the next DLC of XV2.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:14 am

Caulifla (Super Saiyan 2) is coming to Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2! Information on the new "Legendary Pack 2" DLC released!

With brutally intense battles and a story that stays true to the Dragon Ball legacy, "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" is available for PlayStation®4, Xbox, PC, Stadia, and Nintendo Switch ™.
All-new information on the game's upcoming DLC, "Legendary Pack 2," releasing worldwide in Fall 2021, is here!

Caulifla (Super Saiyan 2) joins the fight!

Caulifla (Super Saiyan 2) is ready to heat things up as a fully playable character!
She overwhelms her enemies with relentless blows, devastating Kidan and lightning-fast moves!

Ultimate Attack: Crush Stream
After shooting two wild Kidan, Caulifla attacks her enemy with a Kikouha!

Super Attack: Crush Cannon
Hold down the fire button to ignite Caulifla's Kidan!
It can also protect to maintain your energy accumulation!

Super Attack: Double Crush
Caulifla uses both hands to conjure a variety of Kidan and casts them simultaneously!
You can even shoot them on the spot!

Includes new bonus missions!
Continuing with the previously released DLC, Legendary Pack 1, this time we will also have more extra missions!
Fu is back and preparing to conduct more experiments on these missions that take place before the events of the successful theatrical release "Dragon Ball Super: Broly."
Plus, Caulifla is also ready to join in on the action ...!

"Caulifla Clothes" added to the Avatar wardrobe! (DLC paid)
Your fully customizable Avatar will soon have the opportunity to wear "Caulifla's Clothes"!
Boy or girl, man or woman, this colorful ensemble is sure to turn heads!

It's a great time to be a Caulifla fan with her becoming a playable character AND appearing in bonus missions!
With Fall just a step away, it's time to get excited about the "Legendary Pack 2" DLC!

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_496.html

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:37 am

A Little disappointed that Caulifla doesn't have SS and SS2 as Awoken skills. She's just SS2 from the get go as default

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:25 am

Another character without base form ... incredible.
Should we wait again to have base form and ssj? Shameful.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:12 am

One thing for sure, is that this game better fixed DBS Broly voice lines to JYB.
Even though Funimation had Johnny Young Bosch as the current Broly actor for FighterZ, DB Legends, and Dokkan Battle, they and Bandai Namco forgot to fixed Broly voicelines in Xenoverse 2, both DBZ and DBS versions of the character, since it's still got Vic's voicelines.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:39 pm

Gt91 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:25 am Another character without base form ... incredible.
Should we wait again to have base form and ssj? Shameful.
They're waiting to sell these to us as separate characters.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!