"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:18 pm

Trunks: This threat is overwhelming, if we don't do something fast, we're done for!
Also Trunks: I'm just gonna stay in base form, alright?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:00 pm

Will there be a Legendary Pack 3 and 4?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:19 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:00 pm Will there be a Legendary Pack 3 and 4?
There's been no announcement of another 2, though story content DLC did always seem to span 4 packs of characters.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:34 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:22 am I don't know what you guys are on about. Base form Vegeta is the most boring option available.
Let me tell you what makes GT Vegeta an interesting option. First off, it's as you said that they can make up new moves just to bring something new to the table. Take MUI Goku's Godly Display for example, they could do something similar for GT Vegeta. Another thing is Final Shine Attack as a super attack that is instantaneous instead of having to charge it sounds pretty enticing to me. Especially if it means we can get it for our CaC's too. Similar to what they've done with SSBE Vegeta where he has Final Flash as a super.

And considering the fact that they have him as an option, they clearly already have an idea of what to give him to seperate him from other variations. If we take Goku and GT Goku they are two very different characters and not just because of the size difference. On top of that he'd be neat to use in pvp due to him having Super Saiyan to get the fully charged teleport attack property.

I'm saying that he's the most popular choice, but i'd also say he isn't the least popular. But we'll see who wins.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:26 pm

I much as I would love more Super characters I couldn't resist voting for GT Vegeta. He is such a rare inclusion and it's one step closer to GT Gohan and Goten. Dimps must have some GT fans on the staff. This game has a awesome amount of GT representation.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:26 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:26 pm I much as I would love more Super characters I couldn't resist voting for GT Vegeta. He is such a rare inclusion and it's one step closer to GT Gohan and Goten. Dimps must have some GT fans on the staff. This game has a awesome amount of GT representation.
I find it weird they included GT Trunks and even Eis Shenron, but it took a lot of time for them to add Baby and consider adding GT Vegeta.
I can understand that since Great Ape Baby was in game they didn't add Super Baby 2 sooner, but most people do not care about non-playable ape boss, people wanted playable version of him. With Eis, i guess they thought that since Nuova is already in game then they might as well recolor him and add some techniques to make Eis, but a fact Nuova was there since first game was weird to begin with considering Uub or Baby were not.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:45 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:26 pm I find it weird they included GT Trunks and even Eis Shenron, but it took a lot of time for them to add Baby and consider adding GT Vegeta.
I can understand that since Great Ape Baby was in game they didn't add Super Baby 2 sooner, but most people do not care about non-playable ape boss, people wanted playable version of him. With Eis, i guess they thought that since Nuova is already in game then they might as well recolor him and add some techniques to make Eis, but a fact Nuova was there since first game was weird to begin with considering Uub or Baby were not.
But Trunks is one of the main heroes at the start of GT, so to me it was always logic that he was "one of the first" GT characters in game. But dunno, it's just me. As for Baby Vegeta and Vegeta I agree, it's strange that they weren't added sooner (or even at the same time as Trunks, Pan and Goku).
I have always wanted Gohan and Goten in XV game (thank god for modders!), other fighters too (like Rildo, Ledgic or Sigma Force ).
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:33 pm

They really made that last new PQ the most difficult bullshit, huh?

Anyone on Xbox wanna help each other do it, or no?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:23 pm

Scsigs wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:33 pm They really made that last new PQ the most difficult bullshit, huh?

It was? I thought it was kind of fun. Honestly, the only "frustrating" part for me, was trying to decide who would be most interesting, character wise, for each new PQ. Though for the last one, I used my male earthling CAC, which is exclusively built for melee.

Also; Zarbon's new Super Soul, "You've awakened my true power..." is a good fit for Giant Namekians (finally). Effects: Always- Boosts Stamina Recovery Speed (XL)

(When using an Awoken Skill) Boosts all abilities. (S)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 pm

I would rather have the Two Star Shadow Dragon over GT Vegeta. Base GT Vegeta is better off as an alt instead.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am

I would like to see GT Vegeta, though I'm not sure why he can't just be a costume for regular Vegeta (same with GT Trunks). Since the transformation system in this game is pretty basic and lame (characters with transformations that deviate beyond a simple hair/color change are always a separate slot), there's no way they would even give GT Vegeta SSJ4 as a transformation so I don't see any reason why he can't simply be a quick costume slot addition. Same goes for #18 from Super... is there anything that sets her apart in Super that justifies a whole ass slot?

Furthermore, the fact that Bojack and #13 are still stuck on their base forms is, well.. strange. They should be part of the vote. Maybe next time. Hopefully a hypothetical XV3 would not only add these essential transformations but consolidate slots and allow GT Goku -> SSJ4, as well as Freeza and others to properly cycle through their forms. Seems an odd limitation considering Budokai did it 19 years ago.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:23 pm
Scsigs wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:33 pm They really made that last new PQ the most difficult bullshit, huh?

It was? I thought it was kind of fun. Honestly, the only "frustrating" part for me, was trying to decide who would be most interesting, character wise, for each new PQ. Though for the last one, I used my male earthling CAC, which is exclusively built for melee.

Also; Zarbon's new Super Soul, "You've awakened my true power..." is a good fit for Giant Namekians (finally). Effects: Always- Boosts Stamina Recovery Speed (XL)

For me, that gauntlet of hard A.I.'s wasn't easy at all & I died to them twice after exhausting my healing items & everyone died. I didn't care for that at all. It was clearly designed for playing with other people rather than partner A.I. (unsurprisingly, the game has truly god awful partner A.I.), which is why it was frustrating. Some PQ missions are like that in the game & it's bullshit.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Scsigs wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:59 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:23 pm

For me, that gauntlet of hard A.I.'s wasn't easy at all & I died to them twice after exhausting my healing items & everyone died. I didn't care for that at all. It was clearly designed for playing with other people rather than partner A.I. (unsurprisingly, the game has truly god awful partner A.I.), which is why it was frustrating. Some PQ missions are like that in the game & it's bullshit.
I used to use modded characters to beat the crap out of them, because they are that unfair, and you can't find any players to help.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:39 am

Alright, finally got to play the DLC.

Went for GT Vegeta indeed. Sorry Ultra Instinct fans, and fans of diversified cast... Anyway, I'm kinda more curious about the results rather than which character will actually be included in the next DLC. I noticed that the description for Android 18 mentions her as older than Android 17, that's a nice little tidbit I didn't know or forgot about it.

Paikuhan's typhoon is incredible! I can definitely live with it even though it's just a Super Attack (but I would still prefer that Burter's Blue Hurricane would return to its former glory... :(). Still have to try the other techniques.

I would complain about the very short story but those cutscenes... :clap: That Goku and Gohan scene is goosebumps all over the body! Hopefully the next DLC concludes this storyline and actually deals with Bardock. He's another character that's just drifting around and we still don't know what happened to him. I imagine most people picked the option in which he's alive somewhere so it's high time Dimps provided something about him.

Also, I imagine that one of the Costume Vote with the shadowy silhouettes is King Vegeta's armor. Since Toei's King Vegeta's armor is already in the game, it can only be Dragon Ball Super Broly's design. Would be nice if people could vote for that (since the other ones don't seem interesting at all).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:18 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:19 pm I used to use modded characters to beat the crap out of them, because they are that unfair, and you can't find any players to help.
I don't get why you can't find anyone either. Surely, there are at least a FEW players per platform that'll help, but nope.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:58 pm

I was thinking a lot... Goku Sign was a no go for me, too much Gokus and why to have just a less version of UI... Discarded Dyspo as well.
I don’t get why 18 is not a costume already.

So in the end it was Bergamo vs GT Vegeta :)
And Vegeta won because of the huge nostalgia and I loved his GT design as a kid.
Only game he was in and I loved it was Infinite World...

Jeeez, just fix the AI, add in transformations and it would be great!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 pm

Having played the story portion of this DLC, it's short, but, holy shit, did it start getting good right at the end. Like, having Future Gohan to team up with for a fight in Hell with Pikkon against Janemba, then that father-son Kamehameha with him only using the 1 arm was fucking HYPE! Especially with that really good CGI animation with that shader they put over it to look like ArcSys. Like, so many of the best moments in this game come from the DLCs. Like, why is that? This is why I want a XV3. If we have a full game of crazy bullshit like the DLCs have given us, with some great moments throughout, that's gonna be the game we've all been waiting for, especially if they make the combat system better & not just overly repetitive & boring. I can't wait for the second pack.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:28 pm

I wish they did a new GT storyline with the game. I know XV1 did GT DLC, but they can do it again seeing that they have more characters to work with. Also, they can add the Two Star Dragon, Six Star Dragon, GT Goten, and General Rildo to make the GT roster feel more complete.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:18 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 pm Like, so many of the best moments in this game come from the DLCs. Like, why is that?
Precisely because it's in the DLCs that they actually try telling a unique story.
I've said it plenty of times before and I'll say it plenty of times again because I really want to hammer home just how lazy and bizarro of an "original" story the Xenoverse games have. It feels like they wanted to tell an original story, but were freaked out of their wits and constantly jumped back to safety at every single step because Xenoverse's story is literally two things:

1: What if villain... but STRONGER and GOFFIK?!

2: Your original character, Donut Steel, is badly inserted into the Raditz to Boo storyline (with GT and Super thrown in for good measure)

It only became mildly interesting towards the end when we finally got some actual story development for Towa, Mira, Fu, and Bardock.

The way Xenoverse was first sold to me back in 2014 was that I'd get to create my very own waifu edgelord self-insert Steel Donut original DB character and go on an adventure that had an entirely original story, sort of like the Hero Mode of Ultimate Tenkaichi but not shit, or the Supersonic Warriors and Shin Budokai: Another Road original stories but not shit. Instead, every single aspect of the story makes literally and utterly no sense and it's clear the target audience is really young because only little kids would excuse such a thing. Seriously, Raditz blocks the Makankosappo and all hope is lost, only for a neon-green Majin or another Saiyan entirely to appear out of nowhere and beat up Raditz, then disappear, and because of that the timeline is saved and life goes on as it should have? If Bardock randomly appeared in the fight against Nappa and Vegeta and blasted Nappa away after Goku was caught unawares before disappearing, wouldn't that have left a pretty significant plot hole open in the rest of the series? Bah!

It was eighth-way excusable in Xenoverse 1 because that came out at the tail end of that dark age of HD DBZ games that didn't really have a lot of effort put into them, but Xenoverse 2 was literally Xenoverse 1.5 for the longest time. It didn't do anything new other than some end-of-game plot differences.

They're finally able to stretch those creative muscles with the DLC, thankfully. Hence why I say that Xenoverse 2 with all the DLC is basically the game it should have been at release (qualitatively speaking, I mean; I'd love to see how Xenoverse developers could possibly create Ultra Instinct or Super: Broly years before their conception).

Another missed opportunity that, if I recall, was only utilized once or twice in Xenoverse 2 is the fact there's a character creator. Which means that random Time Patrollers you find in the hub world could be used as rivals or enemies and you could have whole little arcs built around them. It doesn't have to be kept to just the main series cast as a result. Yet they rarely do anything with that opportunity. Why isn't there a Saiyan gang going around harassing people looking for a fight or a bunch of perverted humans hounding and harassing Namekians or some outlaw gang in the desert (actually, I think that WAS the singular case of a CaC story arc in Xenoverse 2)? Wouldn't it be funny if there was a New Ginyu Force that recruited you and you had to go on little genocidal adventures with them? It's not an MMO (even though Xenoverse is pretty much just a soft-reboot of Dragon Ball Online) so it's not like these could be proper guilds, but it's always bothered me they never ran with that sort of mechanic.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:46 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:18 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 pm Like, so many of the best moments in this game come from the DLCs. Like, why is that?
Precisely because it's in the DLCs that they actually try telling a unique story.
I've said it plenty of times before and I'll say it plenty of times again because I really want to hammer home just how lazy and bizarro of an "original" story the Xenoverse games have. It feels like they wanted to tell an original story, but were freaked out of their wits and constantly jumped back to safety at every single step because Xenoverse's story is literally two things:

1: What if villain... but STRONGER and GOFFIK?!

2: Your original character, Donut Steel, is badly inserted into the Raditz to Boo storyline (with GT and Super thrown in for good measure)

It only became mildly interesting towards the end when we finally got some actual story development for Towa, Mira, Fu, and Bardock.

The way Xenoverse was first sold to me back in 2014 was that I'd get to create my very own waifu edgelord self-insert Steel Donut original DB character and go on an adventure that had an entirely original story, sort of like the Hero Mode of Ultimate Tenkaichi but not shit, or the Supersonic Warriors and Shin Budokai: Another Road original stories but not shit. Instead, every single aspect of the story makes literally and utterly no sense and it's clear the target audience is really young because only little kids would excuse such a thing. Seriously, Raditz blocks the Makankosappo and all hope is lost, only for a neon-green Majin or another Saiyan entirely to appear out of nowhere and beat up Raditz, then disappear, and because of that the timeline is saved and life goes on as it should have? If Bardock randomly appeared in the fight against Nappa and Vegeta and blasted Nappa away after Goku was caught unawares before disappearing, wouldn't that have left a pretty significant plot hole open in the rest of the series? Bah!

It was eighth-way excusable in Xenoverse 1 because that came out at the tail end of that dark age of HD DBZ games that didn't really have a lot of effort put into them, but Xenoverse 2 was literally Xenoverse 1.5 for the longest time. It didn't do anything new other than some end-of-game plot differences.

They're finally able to stretch those creative muscles with the DLC, thankfully. Hence why I say that Xenoverse 2 with all the DLC is basically the game it should have been at release (qualitatively speaking, I mean; I'd love to see how Xenoverse developers could possibly create Ultra Instinct or Super: Broly years before their conception).

Another missed opportunity that, if I recall, was only utilized once or twice in Xenoverse 2 is the fact there's a character creator. Which means that random Time Patrollers you find in the hub world could be used as rivals or enemies and you could have whole little arcs built around them. It doesn't have to be kept to just the main series cast as a result. Yet they rarely do anything with that opportunity. Why isn't there a Saiyan gang going around harassing people looking for a fight or a bunch of perverted humans hounding and harassing Namekians or some outlaw gang in the desert (actually, I think that WAS the singular case of a CaC story arc in Xenoverse 2)? Wouldn't it be funny if there was a New Ginyu Force that recruited you and you had to go on little genocidal adventures with them? It's not an MMO (even though Xenoverse is pretty much just a soft-reboot of Dragon Ball Online) so it's not like these could be proper guilds, but it's always bothered me they never ran with that sort of mechanic.
I agree with SO MUCH of what you said here. It's disappointing how watered down this story is, especially when you consider they borrowed so much from DBO which had some of the best lore the franchise has seen. So to take from that it just five us Raditz to Buu with minor changes was pretty disappointing.

I've always like the idea of introducing the time breakers element and allowing patrollers to choose a side. And it doesn't even have to be purely evil, but a different perspective on changing history for good reason, but it breaks the SKOT rules. There is still a ton of untapped potential in this game and if there ever is an XV3, I hope they take more liberties with the story. I mean, even if we saw the crazy stories from Dragon Ball heroes played out in XV would be a huge step in the right direction. It's a video game and doesn't need to be so tied to the original story.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721