"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:23 am

VegettoEX wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:29 pm
Wilderness wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:01 pm Yeah but you will.
This is a perfect example of an antagonistic/worthless post that should not be made by any users.

Anyone can do a drive-by shitpost. You can do better. Ask more of yourself.
Yeah but I won’t.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:29 pm
Wilderness wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:01 pm Yeah but you will.
This is a perfect example of an antagonistic/worthless post that should not be made by any users.

Anyone can do a drive-by shitpost. You can do better. Ask more of yourself.
Even tough, this guy made me laugh so much and actually, softened me up... so it changed my approach and even tough I hate how XV2 works, I was able to come up with exhausting sneaky tactics and beaten up two tournaments.

I had Saiyan, level 99, equiped with End of Z gi, and Dragon Balls Soul... used lot of counter strikes, Ki Blast explosion and Unlocked Potential... for Goku, I went with Haaaaah! Tien Super Soul and SSGod Super Saiyan skill... it was cheap and unenjoyable, Chronoa is not much fun, but hey, I have to give this guy a credit to make me laugh and actually get angry and beat it!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:51 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:13 pm That tournament is total BS... I quit in the Round 1, as it is just about how great you are at cheesing trough this impossible challenge where all the oponents have maxed stats... and it made angry so much, that outside of FighterZ, I won’t support any other DB game with my money anymore... I know that it is angry rant and that I am probably in minority, but I think that this money grab needs to die off... XV2 is a game with s**t gameplay from the start and I am really angry that I wasted so much money on it. Not buying Kakarot or any other poorly made franchise cash-in In near future.
Before you really flip out, here's a link that may prove useful for the tournament rounds.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/19 ... 2/78937257

And one thing some players have used in the 1st round is Ki Explosion. With a good amount of Ki and good Ki stats, you should be able to take out or at least severely weaken several at once.

Against Goku (another one many have had problems with), people have recommended using Tien's Super Soul to negate all Kamehameha damage.

But yeah, this tournament is not meant to be easy. As you can only get to it after completing the Story mode (and by extension, the PQs, at least most of them) first.
Thanks man... used some of these tactics myself based on reddit. Well, it is not easy because I was never able to chain combos in this game in it’s whole 5 year existence! Only “fighter” game, that I actually suck at as I never found any rhythm to the gameplay.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:39 pm

Personally, I enjoyed the challenge. Not so much in the first when one of the opponents I wasn't fighting would randomly ki spam or grab me. But otherwise, yeah. It was a nice little shakeup from going through the late PQs for a challenge.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:54 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:39 pm Personally, I enjoyed the challenge. Not so much in the first when one of the opponents I wasn't fighting would randomly ki spam or grab me. But otherwise, yeah. It was a nice little shakeup from going through the late PQs for a challenge.
I am not even talking about some of those latest PQs... completely forgot about them :D well, the tournament was actually easy compared to some of the PQs with no time limit.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:24 pm

Raids have started up. Did a few, but somehow I got one of those stupid doll things instead of a partner first. :?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:54 pm

Rockin' my Male Majin with purification on the raids, consistently getting top 3.

Granted, I don't really get much higher than a B rating with him, but I don't really get much lower unless someone brings in the Broly shout spam or something.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:46 am

I was going to work on getting the last two characters unlocked (Goku Black Rose and Tapio), but whenever I go to start up X2, I do the "press any button to begin", confirm, and then it does nothing. Its stuck on the title screen. And just earlier today, it was working fine! Rebooting the game OR system did nothing to help.

I have literally never had this kid of problem before. And before anyone asks; everything else works fine but this game. :thumbdown:

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:33 pm

I know an update just came out, but are they planning on milking this game dry like GTAV, or is XV3 still on the way?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 pm

They're making a new Dragon Ball game every single year. Xenoverse 3 will have get its turn. lol

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:11 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:33 pm I know an update just came out, but are they planning on milking this game dry like GTAV, or is XV3 still on the way?
Not only is XV3 on the way (the franchise is too successful), I'll bet that it's the next game we'll get.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:26 pm

What if they just remaster Xenoverse 2? Giving it good graphics and maybe a small story and then pumping it full of DLC for half a year means they can worm out of their "one game a year" system. That also means they can reuse the assets again for when they eventually do make Xenoverse 3.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:43 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:26 pm What if they just remaster Xenoverse 2? Giving it good graphics and maybe a small story and then pumping it full of DLC for half a year means they can worm out of their "one game a year" system.
I don't think it's impossible, but the game has already been milked for 4 years now. I just don't know how much excitement there'll be for any more updates, much less another version.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:22 pm

I could possibly see a special edition on PS5 and XBOX...whatever they're calling that stupid thing, with all the DLC. But it wouldn't count as a new game, nor would it replace XV3.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:23 pm

They’ve milked this game so much that they’re going to have to think outside of the box when it comes to a third game. Many people have pointed out that this game (at least when it launched) is basically just the first one with some additional features, so they’ll need to reinvent the wheel for the next one if they’re going to keep people interested. I just don’t know what that would entail, apart from having better graphics and maybe a better story mode.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:51 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:23 pm They’ve milked this game so much that they’re going to have to think outside of the box when it comes to a third game. Many people have pointed out that this game (at least when it launched) is basically just the first one with some additional features, so they’ll need to reinvent the wheel for the next one if they’re going to keep people interested. I just don’t know what that would entail, apart from having better graphics and maybe a better story mode.
Totally agree.
We need a total restyle for the new generation of consolle (graphic, models, gameplay, features ecc with the xenoverse soul).

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:57 am

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:23 pmThey’ll need to reinvent the wheel for the next one if they’re going to keep people interested. I just don’t know what that would entail, apart from having better graphics and maybe a better story mode.
I think there'll be improvements to the gameplay alongside what you mentioned, but I don't think it'll be such a jump that it'll seem like a different game. To put it another way, if someone doesn't like XV, chances are 3 won't change their mind. Think of it as going from BT2 to BT3, 2 was a big jump from 1 (In XV2's case, afther the updates and dlc), while 3 was essentially more of the same with additonal features.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:43 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:26 pm What if they just remaster Xenoverse 2? Giving it good graphics and maybe a small story and then pumping it full of DLC for half a year means they can worm out of their "one game a year" system.
I don't think it's impossible, but the game has already been milked for 4 years now. I just don't know how much excitement there'll be for any more updates, much less another version.
Skyrim laughs at your statement. Seriously, the game came out in 2011, and is STILL being milked by Bethesda. Of course, the modding community has certainly helped, but yeah.

As for the direction of X3, could implement more of Dragon Ball Heroes into it. You know, go full ham? Over the top. Ridiculous events. Etc.

Though it would need re-balancing, mainly for the human and Namekian transformations. As the latest update made Majin Purification more than viable, its actually very good. Constantly regenning stamina, regen Ki with the super soul, and of course quick sleep. And its moves hit hard too, and are not hard to set up. But humans still have Flying Nimbus (you get better bang for your buck with Kaio Ken) Namekians have Giant Form which, just by moving, eats through your stamina.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:17 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 pmAs for the direction of X3, could implement more of Dragon Ball Heroes into it. You know, go full ham? Over the top. Ridiculous events. Etc.
I think that's very likely, as XV2 has basically covered everything from Z, GT, & Super. Sure there are a few missing characters here and there, but nothing to cover an entire game with.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 pm

Does anybody remember those cinematic cutscenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfl5bX4MQiA

Is there a chance they could make the next game look like that, or would it still fry any machine that tries to play it?