"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 am Most likely reason why they don't use them for the game is that Xenoverse's engine can't handle having those sorts of shaders and effects for in-engine cutscenes and rectifying that is too expensive.
Well that's too bad. Does that mean we can forget about any above average visuals for Xenoverse 3?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:08 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:17 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 am Most likely reason why they don't use them for the game is that Xenoverse's engine can't handle having those sorts of shaders and effects for in-engine cutscenes and rectifying that is too expensive.
Well that's too bad. Does that mean we can forget about any above average visuals for Xenoverse 3?
After all this time in development, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a graphical improvement of some sort. It might not be on the level of FighterZ, but I expect it will look better than XV2.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:31 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:17 pm Well that's too bad. Does that mean we can forget about any above average visuals for Xenoverse 3?
I'd say just wait and see what happens. Nobody knows what's going on over at DIMPS at the moment.
For all you know they've upped the graphics for PS5 standards or maybe they will keep it the same.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:55 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:31 amI'd say just wait and see what happens. Nobody knows what's going on over at DIMPS at the moment.
For all you know they've upped the graphics for PS5 standards or maybe they will keep it the same.
I think there'll be an upgrade for sure, just not as big as some are hoping for. Speaking of, the last 2 games if I remember correctly were announced in the fall, so hopefully we hear something before the year's over.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:14 am

Depends on if Dimps or Bandai think the game needs to up the graphics or that it's worth the extra money. Do we know of any Anime Games that have undergone a significant graphical upgrade between releases?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:21 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:14 am
Do we know of any Anime Games that have undergone a significant graphical upgrade between releases?
No, but out of all the anime games getting sequels, Xenoverse is the only ones that actually need it.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:05 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:21 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:17 pm Well that's too bad. Does that mean we can forget about any above average visuals for Xenoverse 3?
Do we know of any Anime Games that have undergone a significant graphical upgrade between releases?
No, but out of all the anime games getting sequels, Xenoverse is the only ones that actually need it.
Comparing Budokai 1 to Budokai 3 is like night and day, so I would hope it'd be the same for Xenoverse

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:21 am

Which TL is elder Kaioshin from?

He's bought in to help as he's a spare part and the time patrol has got busier.

1. Which TL is he from.

Is he from the main timeline?
Unseen?
Two trunks?
Cells?
U12guys?

We know he's not the original trunks timeline as he died in the sword there.
We know he's probably not from the U12 guy ones as that's incredibly different to the main timeline, in that there's no Trunks (otherwise there'd be a second set of timelines branching off that and more time rings)
No one set him loose in Cells.
They've never touched the unseen in any other capacity so I think it's unlikely they considered this, also probable that no one released the sword there too.

I think he talks about buu events as if he was there so he's gotta be main instead of two trunks right?

2. Is he plucked out of time from the present from supers perspective or she got him in the present year of her timeline? (This ironically gives elder Kai greater plot armour then even the main cast appearing at the end of the manga haha)

3. I found it weird Shin wasn't in the game at all and wondered if they dodged a bullet not including kibitoshin but The chapter came out the year before apparently. They dodged a continuity bullet not including him in xenoverse 1 fused up! This was originally a question but I found the dates myself. I don't think we even see him in a cutscene.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 am

TobyS wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:21 am Which TL is elder Kaioshin from?
When the Game comes to the SSJB KK Gokuu vs Hit Part and Mirai no Trunks asks who won the Tournament Rou Kaioshin anwers that their Universe won of course. So he must be from the Main Timeline + Super, regardless if he comes from an even further Main Future or not. He also appears to know what the Zeno-Button does when Toki no Kaioshin mentions that Gokuu dropped it in the Fused Zamasu Part.
And I think that Time doesn't really matter to Conton City/the Time Nest because Zamasu said that the Time Patrol "eludes the Flow of Time" (or something like that) and Gotenks can simply stay fused there
So it doesn't really have a specific Year it exists in, because regardless what Year you go there, it'll be the exact same Conton City and not a different "variation" (for example there's no Conton City from Mirai no Trunks Timeline).
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:56 am

But the game starts in Conton City by telling us the current year. And If I recall correctly, the first game's story has the villain travel back to the point in time that Trunks used the Dragon Balls to summon the hero.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:02 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:56 am But the game starts in Conton City by telling us the current year. And If I recall correctly, the first game's story has the villain travel back to the point in time that Trunks used the Dragon Balls to summon the hero.
True. But then again, "Present" Beerus and Whis from the Resurection F Arc knew and traveled to the same Conton City that "Future" Zamasu traveled to after Trunks destroyed his Body and those are two entirely different Timelines. And neither Beerus nor Zamasu used Time Travel for that, they just somehow went there.
I can only assume that the Age the Game tells us is the one outside of Conton City (so we know that every DBZ Character appearing in there is a past Version and not the ones from the Age XV/XV2 technically take place in) and that some sort of "Pseudo-Time" goes by inside Conton City itself (so yes, XV1 takes place one Year before XV2, but no one who was in Conton City during this one Year actually aged one Year).
Not sure how to explain this otherwise. But then again, it's Time Travel BS and that's never easy, consistent or logical.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:35 pm

Xaroc wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:02 pm"Present" Beerus and Whis from the Resurection F Arc knew and traveled to the same Conton City that "Future" Zamasu traveled to after Trunks destroyed his Body and those are two entirely different Timelines. And neither Beerus nor Zamasu used Time Travel for that, they just somehow went there.
Conton City is where the Time Nest lies. With a name like that, you can imagine that's where timeline originates. I believe and it makes most sense that there is only one Conton City/Time Nest, therefore only one Kaioshin of Time (also because it doesn't make sense that such a god is affected by timelines/has temporal counterparts). So no matter which timeline the characters are, they all lead to the same location.
Xaroc wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:02 pmI can only assume that the Age the Game tells us is the one outside of Conton City (so we know that every DBZ Character appearing in there is a past Version and not the ones from the Age XV/XV2 technically take place in) and that some sort of "Pseudo-Time" goes by inside Conton City itself (so yes, XV1 takes place one Year before XV2, but no one who was in Conton City during this one Year actually aged one Year).
Not sure how to explain this otherwise. But then again, it's Time Travel BS and that's never easy, consistent or logical.
Yeah, I also think that the timeskip between XV1 and XV2 is intended to be understood from an out-universe perspective, just for the viewers know that the events in XV2 does not take place as soon as XV1 ended. Towa had to retreat and reconstruct Mira in that time, among other things.

By the way, the timeskip is two years actually. XV1 takes place in AGE 850 and XV2 in AGE 852.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Yeah the Gotenks thing I put no stock in. The characters all standing around simultaneously indefinitely is hilariously non canon, 90% of them are bitter enemies and can sense each other at that distance.

Same as the explicit events and powers scaling of the Parallel quests are non canon. (You beat up angels in some)

It's just vaguely canon that you trained with those guys at some point and did go sort of time shards.

It's a game convenience mechanic that you don't have to train one at a time and can revisit them and stuff.

Forgetting the mentor NPC's you have like the future androids waiting to recruit you to do one off Parallel quests to murder the dragon team and stuff.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:05 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:21 pm
Comparing Budokai 1 to Budokai 3 is like night and day, so I would hope it'd be the same for Xenoverse
I totally forgot about Budokai.

I know they're just going to tweak the shaders a bit like they did with Heroes, but I was hoping they would do a little more since XV3 is going on next-gen consoles.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:03 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:35 pmConton City is where the Time Nest lies. With a name like that, you can imagine that's where timeline originates. I believe and it makes most sense that there is only one Conton City/Time Nest, therefore only one Kaioshin of Time (also because it doesn't make sense that such a god is affected by timelines/has temporal counterparts). So no matter which timeline the characters are, they all lead to the same location.
I mentioned examples of times Chronoa was affected by time travel, though. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we know from outside material that Chronoa was not always the Supreme Kai of Time. She enherited that position from someone else, much like a normal Supreme Kai passes the torch to the next generation. I see the Time Nest and the Time Rings as being very similar. Both exist outside of time itself. If there is a change in the timeline, a new scroll shows up in the Time Nest. If someone creates a new timeline, a new Time Ring appears. The Kais themselves don't exist outside of time. They're just the ones responsible for protecting it. Although we don't see Gowasu responding to the new timeline, this is where my head canon comes in the fill the void. Why have all those Time Rings if all you're going to do is check how things will develop in the future? Those rings allow the Supreme Kai of that universe to travel to the past and present of their respective timelines, so what purpose could a power like that serve if not to protect the flow of time?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:52 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:03 pm
Grimlock wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:35 pmConton City is where the Time Nest lies. With a name like that, you can imagine that's where timeline originates. I believe and it makes most sense that there is only one Conton City/Time Nest, therefore only one Kaioshin of Time (also because it doesn't make sense that such a god is affected by timelines/has temporal counterparts). So no matter which timeline the characters are, they all lead to the same location.
I mentioned examples of times Chronoa was affected by time travel, though. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we know from outside material that Chronoa was not always the Supreme Kai of Time. She enherited that position from someone else, much like a normal Supreme Kai passes the torch to the next generation. I see the Time Nest and the Time Rings as being very similar. Both exist outside of time itself. If there is a change in the timeline, a new scroll shows up in the Time Nest. If someone creates a new timeline, a new Time Ring appears. The Kais themselves don't exist outside of time. They're just the ones responsible for protecting it. Although we don't see Gowasu responding to the new timeline, this is where my head canon comes in the fill the void. Why have all those Time Rings if all you're going to do is check how things will develop in the future? Those rings allow the Supreme Kai of that universe to travel to the past and present of their respective timelines, so what purpose could a power like that serve if not to protect the flow of time?
You specifically can't travel to the past with the time rings. You fuck with time 10 minutes before gowasus present and he's powerless to stop it.

Some Kaioshin of time, also Chronoa has healing powers and other abilities gowasu would have used if he could. If just having the box makes you one then Shin is one too. It's not logical.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:05 pm

You mean model? I'm not sure. But this does fit with the theory that some of the content was originally made for XV3 and just sort of got ported down to XV2 as DLC. This could be XV3's SKoT model.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:26 pm

If this is indeed for XV3, this could be promising. Now hopefully they dont make the models all glossy like before.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:12 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:26 pm If this is indeed for XV3, this could be promising. Now hopefully they dont make the models all glossy like before.
The gloss comes from the in-game shader, not the model itself.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017