"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4621
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 19, 2016 6:36 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
sintzu wrote:Who do you think will be a pre-order exclusive ? I'm guessing one of the popular movie characters like Gogeta.
It better not be... I'm gonna be pre-ordering this game anyway but still... I hate games like this that cut characters for a pre-order bonus. They should do cool alternate outfits for some characters instead.
After that ordeal of getting SSJ 4 Vegeta for Xenoverse without preorder, via that crazy free limited handout as I was at work on some conference and my clueless girlfriend was raiding my Bandai VIP corner...
I will probably go for a preorder as a completist. Xenoverse was OK game and quite enjoyable after a long time, so I think and I REALLY THINK that Xenoverse 2 can't possibly be a burn.
''Gotta catch 'em all! Dragon Baaaaall!''

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu May 19, 2016 6:48 am

"It's your turn to change history" is very intriguing, I really want to see where the plot goes.

I'm guessing the first couple missions are typical time patrol stuff but then for what ever reason Trunks turns on the Kaioshin of Time and you go with him. The question is how do you work Towa and Mira into this?

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4621
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 19, 2016 8:17 am

By the way, played the Xenoverse today on PS4 and saw the trailer on PS4. The graphics of in-game engine is the same as in Xenoverse 1, so I asume that it will be Budokai Tenkaichi/Budokai like update with more characters and different hub.
I am afraid of that RNG tough.
''Gotta catch 'em all! Dragon Baaaaall!''

User avatar
ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1365
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:08 am

ArchedThunder wrote:"It's your turn to change history" is very intriguing, I really want to see where the plot goes.

I'm guessing the first couple missions are typical time patrol stuff but then for what ever reason Trunks turns on the Kaioshin of Time and you go with him. The question is how do you work Towa and Mira into this?
I think they might give us the option of joining the Time Breakers as an alternative.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:14 am

MCDaveG wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
sintzu wrote:Who do you think will be a pre-order exclusive ? I'm guessing one of the popular movie characters like Gogeta.
It better not be... I'm gonna be pre-ordering this game anyway but still... I hate games like this that cut characters for a pre-order bonus. They should do cool alternate outfits for some characters instead.
After that ordeal of getting SSJ 4 Vegeta for Xenoverse without preorder, via that crazy free limited handout as I was at work on some conference and my clueless girlfriend was raiding my Bandai VIP corner...
I will probably go for a preorder as a completist. Xenoverse was OK game and quite enjoyable after a long time, so I think and I REALLY THINK that Xenoverse 2 can't possibly be a burn.
I'm willing to bet its going to be either SSJ4 Gohan or Broly. Rather obscure in comparison to SSJ4 Vegeta or fellow what ifs such as SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly but they have in fact come to the states before as assists in Extreme Butoden.

Image
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13937
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:56 am

MCDaveG wrote:By the way, played the Xenoverse today on PS4 and saw the trailer on PS4. The graphics of in-game engine is the same as in Xenoverse 1, so I asume that it will be Budokai Tenkaichi/Budokai like update with more characters and different hub.
I am afraid of that RNG tough.
We still haven't seen much of the in-game yet. If the cut scenes can look really good, I could imagine the in-game graphics would look really cool looking. The cut scenes look way better than the ones that we got in the first game.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
HAIKEN-00
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: NJ

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HAIKEN-00 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:12 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
HAIKEN-00 wrote:I wish there was much more of a difference between Saiyans and humans. You can't really differentiate both species other than the small fact that humans aren't allowed to go SS. Hell, allow Saiyans to have the option to equip a tail or not - you know, something at least.
I'm hoping that can be a thing as well. The only way to have a tail in the first game was to wear some Saiyan armor (the bottoms, I think?) of a Saiyan that had a tail (so basically Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta from the Saiyan arc, Bardock, and Turles), and even then it was always just curled around the waist.
This.

I understand some players who use the Saiyan species wouldn't want the tails, but that's why I suggest it'd be an option.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13937
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:43 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
I'm willing to bet its going to be either SSJ4 Gohan or Broly. Rather obscure in comparison to SSJ4 Vegeta or fellow what ifs such as SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly but they have in fact come to the states before as assists in Extreme Butoden.
SSj4 Gohan and SSj4 Broli would be a good way for fans to pre-order the game. However they should be free DLC later on though.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:50 am

HAIKEN-00 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
HAIKEN-00 wrote:I wish there was much more of a difference between Saiyans and humans. You can't really differentiate both species other than the small fact that humans aren't allowed to go SS. Hell, allow Saiyans to have the option to equip a tail or not - you know, something at least.
I'm hoping that can be a thing as well. The only way to have a tail in the first game was to wear some Saiyan armor (the bottoms, I think?) of a Saiyan that had a tail (so basically Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta from the Saiyan arc, Bardock, and Turles), and even then it was always just curled around the waist.
This.

I understand some players who use the Saiyan species wouldn't want the tails, but that's why I suggest it'd be an option.
But then theres Cabba, who said Saiyans eventually evolved out of tails and further proven with Trunks and Goten.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
Spenzer
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Spenzer » Thu May 19, 2016 10:51 am

It frustrates me that we have to wait almost a month for more information :(

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5526
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 am

Spenzer wrote:It frustrates me that we have to wait almost a month for more information :(
I don't think we're gonna get more than a trailer of gameplay. If they release whatever more than just a trailer, we'll be lucky (and happy! :P).
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
HAIKEN-00
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: NJ

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HAIKEN-00 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:58 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:But then theres Cabba, who said Saiyans eventually evolved out of tails and further proven with Trunks and Goten.
We can assume that Goten and Trunks were born with it, since 1/2 Saiyan's have been confirmed to have tails, but were removed by their mothers to prevent the Oozaru transformation. Or, Toriyama simply forgot about it.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Huh, it looks like it says "It's your turn to change history." I wonder what that means? In Xenoverse Towa, Mira and Demigra were fucking up the timeline and we as the protagonist had to change things back to the way they were. Maybe in Xenoverse 2 they're implying that this time we're changing the plot for a different outcome? If so, that's really interesting! Maybe it'll be like inFAMOUS where the decisions we make changes the plot of the game.
My best bet is that our characters are going to have to alter the events of time. For example, given by what was shown to us in the teaser trailer, we're most likely going to wind up saving Future Gohan from his death at the hands of the androids rather than having him killed. We'll probably also prevent Bardock from dying along with Planet Vegeta. It's a new take and seems interesting.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13937
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:05 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Huh, it looks like it says "It's your turn to change history." I wonder what that means? In Xenoverse Towa, Mira and Demigra were fucking up the timeline and we as the protagonist had to change things back to the way they were. Maybe in Xenoverse 2 they're implying that this time we're changing the plot for a different outcome? If so, that's really interesting! Maybe it'll be like inFAMOUS where the decisions we make changes the plot of the game.
I personally wanted to see your own personality paths for the story mode since the first game. I think your change to the story can allow the past 13 DBZ Movie villains to show up in the story. For example, you can save everyone from Nappa before Goku shows up and have the events of Tree Might happen afterwards because you change the event of history. Same can go with Super #13 since he could show up in the story mode if you change history by killing off #17 and #18 early on.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
TekTheNinja
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 pm
Location: The realm of annoyance.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu May 19, 2016 11:05 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
But then theres Cabba, who said Saiyans eventually evolved out of tails and further proven with Trunks and Goten.
Well personally I was really annoyed when Goten and Trunks didn't have tails, and was even more annoyed when Cabba didn't have one. Why are they so intent on getting rid of saiyan tails? :(
-A bitter fan of the human characters of Dragon Ball.
Chris Sabat wrote:#YamchaForever
saiyanvegetable wrote:Trunks slowly realizes this is not the past he came to when he fought Cell, instead he finds himself trapped in a world with hollow caricatures, a talking cat, and a Goku who beat the heart virus but is suffering from retardation.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8764
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu May 19, 2016 11:05 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:But then theres Cabba, who said Saiyans eventually evolved out of tails and further proven with Trunks and Goten.
True, but that's why it just being an option (rather than it being something they automatically give Saiyans) would be the best of both worlds. You could either have it or not, with any outfit.

Almost more importantly than that though, I kind of hope we get some kind of age option for our character creation, not just cheating with a height one. I'd like to make some of my characters be kids versus adults.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
HAIKEN-00
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: NJ

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HAIKEN-00 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:07 am

I'd also like more of a significance in the SS transformation rather than it being solely used for a spam fest. Maybe boast up your strength and combat a bit? You know, something actually useful.

User avatar
TekTheNinja
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 pm
Location: The realm of annoyance.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu May 19, 2016 11:13 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:But then theres Cabba, who said Saiyans eventually evolved out of tails and further proven with Trunks and Goten.
True, but that's why it just being an option (rather than it being something they automatically give Saiyans) would be the best of both worlds. You could either have it or not, with any outfit.

Almost more importantly than that though, I kind of hope we get some kind of age option for our character creation, not just cheating with a height one. I'd like to make some of my characters be kids versus adults.
Well you could make female characters that look like kids, but not male ones. The shortest male character just looks like a short adult.
-A bitter fan of the human characters of Dragon Ball.
Chris Sabat wrote:#YamchaForever
saiyanvegetable wrote:Trunks slowly realizes this is not the past he came to when he fought Cell, instead he finds himself trapped in a world with hollow caricatures, a talking cat, and a Goku who beat the heart virus but is suffering from retardation.

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu May 19, 2016 12:10 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote: I'm willing to bet its going to be either SSJ4 Gohan or Broly. Rather obscure in comparison to SSJ4 Vegeta or fellow what ifs such as SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly but they have in fact come to the states before as assists in Extreme Butoden.
If there is a preorder exclusive character I don't think it will be SSJ4 Broly, I think SSJ4 Broly will be the main villain of a secret unlockable extra arc after the main game, similar to Broly in Xenoverse.

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:But then theres Cabba, who said Saiyans eventually evolved out of tails and further proven with Trunks and Goten.
True, but that's why it just being an option (rather than it being something they automatically give Saiyans) would be the best of both worlds. You could either have it or not, with any outfit.

Almost more importantly than that though, I kind of hope we get some kind of age option for our character creation, not just cheating with a height one. I'd like to make some of my characters be kids versus adults.
I admit it would be funny if giving your Saiyan a tail at the start was a subtle decision on which form you got in story mode, SSJ4 or SSJG/SSGSS
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
TekTheNinja
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 pm
Location: The realm of annoyance.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu May 19, 2016 12:21 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:But then theres Cabba, who said Saiyans eventually evolved out of tails and further proven with Trunks and Goten.
True, but that's why it just being an option (rather than it being something they automatically give Saiyans) would be the best of both worlds. You could either have it or not, with any outfit.

Almost more importantly than that though, I kind of hope we get some kind of age option for our character creation, not just cheating with a height one. I'd like to make some of my characters be kids versus adults.
I admit it would be funny if giving your Saiyan a tail at the start was a subtle decision on which form you got in story mode, SSJ4 or SSJG/SSGSS
Well what if SSGSS was better, but Saiyans with tails also had a Great Ape form?
-A bitter fan of the human characters of Dragon Ball.
Chris Sabat wrote:#YamchaForever
saiyanvegetable wrote:Trunks slowly realizes this is not the past he came to when he fought Cell, instead he finds himself trapped in a world with hollow caricatures, a talking cat, and a Goku who beat the heart virus but is suffering from retardation.

Post Reply