Long-haired Trunks in Z3

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ItsAllGood
Not-So-Newbie

Long-haired Trunks in Z3

Post by ItsAllGood » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:24 am

Just a quick one.

Does the character model for long-haired Trunks in Budokai 3 change as opposed to the standard model? By this, I mean does Trunks obtain his tied-back SSJ hairstyle instead of his normal hairstyle?

Screenshots if possible? Cheers. :)

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:14 am

Here you go!

I love how they kept the sword on him. :P
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:51 pm

Trunks' hair is still tied back when he transforms into a Super Saiyan. I think it would have been better if the hair band snapped when he transformed into SSJ2, like how it happened in the series when he changed into USSJ.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:Trunks' hair is still tied back when he transforms into a Super Saiyan. I think it would have been better if the hair band snapped when he transformed into SSJ2, like how it happened in the series when he changed into USSJ.
Yeah, I was hoping for that too in the Greatest Hits version but alas, beggers cannot be choosers. It's been about 6 months now and for some reason I still get ecstatic when I play as Piccolo Daimao. So I'm happy. :D

ItsAllGood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ItsAllGood » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:39 am

Thanks Chaos Saiyajin, but I'm actually looking for an in game shot showing him as a SSJ as Deus Ex Machina has described, I.E - Without purple hair. Problem is I just can't find one! :(

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:36 pm

Well, over here in the UK, the Platinum or Collector's Edition of Z3 is like the equivelant of the Greatest Hits version Although, on the back of the box, it says it contains 4 additional secret characters. 4?!! :(

I'd take a screencap or photograph of SSJ long hair Trunks for you, but I don't know how to. :cry:

Well, it looks the same as it does in the series and Sparking!

Although, if you want a better comparison, try Trunks' alternate outfit in the first Budokai.

Well, if it helps, here's a Sparking! Trunks SSJ Saiya-jin armor character design:

Here's a hint: buy the Greatest Hits version if you want it so much... :twisted:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:34 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:Trunks' hair is still tied back when he transforms into a Super Saiyan. I think it would have been better if the hair band snapped when he transformed into SSJ2, like how it happened in the series when he changed into USSJ.
And then magically reappears when he depowers? :?

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:36 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Apparently (One-word post! Oh, nooo!!!). :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:54 pm

Rocketman wrote:
No, if he powers down his hair should go back to normal, like how he looked in Budokai 1. I don't see it as being that much work to create some very basic alternate appearances of such a well-known and popular character.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:08 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
No, if he powers down his hair should go back to normal, like how he looked in Budokai 1. I don't see it as being that much work to create some very basic alternate appearances of such a well-known and popular character.
Then you'd need to make TWO models for the base and SSJ forms for one little change.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:27 pm

And your point is? It would have only taken a little extra work to add this detail, and instead they opted for the fast and easy way.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:21 pm

You wouldn't neccesaryiily have to make two models, there are several ways the desired effect could be achieved.

Though with their graphic engine, they'd have to make another model.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:23 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:And your point is? It would have only taken a little extra work to add this detail, and instead they opted for the fast and easy way.
Because then you'd be loading Base Trunks(1), Base Trunks(2), SSJ Trunks(1), SSJ Trunks(2), and SSJ2 Trunks at the start of every match. And then, if you're fighting against a Goku with up to SSJ4 equiped.

And besides, they didn't even bother to change Trunks' hair at all for his SSJ2 appearances in B2 and B3. So, er, why would they make 2 new models just to do a hair change, if they don't even feel like doing a hair change?
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:30 am

Sure it would've increased load times a bit, but that didn't stop them from giving Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Freeza a plethora of transformations. Why should it be any different for Trunks?

Budokai 2 was as rushed a game as you could get, so it didn't surprise me that most characters got one form, orin the case of Trunks simply added Ki effects to simulate a SSJ2. They were trying to make a Budokai 2 while Atari/Bandai wanted Budokai 1.5.

They have no excuse in Budokai 3; I was mad enough that Saiyan Armored Trunks wasn't included until the GH, and even then he was half assed.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:41 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:Sure it would've increased load times a bit, but that didn't stop them from giving Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Freeza a plethora of transformations. Why should it be any different for Trunks?

Budokai 2 was as rushed a game as you could get, so it didn't surprise me that most characters got one form, orin the case of Trunks simply added Ki effects to simulate a SSJ2. They were trying to make a Budokai 2 while Atari/Bandai wanted Budokai 1.5.

They have no excuse in Budokai 3; I was mad enough that Saiyan Armored Trunks wasn't included until the GH, and even then he was half assed.
Strong words....

They're not completely lazy... they did add electrical effects! Just ripped them from Vegeta or Gohan and placed them on Trunks!

Also, if you look carefully, at the end of the match, when there's a close-up of Trunks, in SSJ2, his facial features are slightly sharper than they are in SSJ1. 8)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:42 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:Sure it would've increased load times a bit, but that didn't stop them from giving Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Freeza a plethora of transformations. Why should it be any different for Trunks?

Budokai 2 is the most complete game in the series. It's the only one that WASN'T rushed. :?

And, well, Brolly is proof that they're not going to make another base form just because things break when they transform. Note that Brolly can't be powered down to base again after transforming. It's for that very reason.
<Xyex> Good point.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:04 pm

Xyex wrote:

Budokai 2 is the most complete game in the series. It's the only one that WASN'T rushed. :?

And, well, Brolly is proof that they're not going to make another base form just because things break when they transform. Note that Brolly can't be powered down to base again after transforming. It's for that very reason.
Yes, even the godly VegettoEX has stated that Budokai 2 is his favourite and that Budokai 2 is the most complete game in the series.

And, about Broly; I like to play as him when I'm on 2-player Duel mode; I'll say, "Do you think he's buff?". Then they always say, "Yeah."

And then I transform. 8)

Same thing with Freeza. 8) 8)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:09 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Yes, even the godly VegettoEX has stated that Budokai 2 is his favourite and that Budokai 2 is the most complete game in the series.
Incorrect.

Budokai 2 had my favorite STORY MODE in the series of three games. That's all.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

goku 333
Not-So-Newbie

Post by goku 333 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:23 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:Yes, even the godly VegettoEX has stated that Budokai 2 is his favourite and that Budokai 2 is the most complete game in the series.
Incorrect.

Budokai 2 had my favorite STORY MODE in the series of three games. That's all.
No offence Mike but I think that Budoki 3 was better, I think that it head much more in it like the Dragon World and teleportation’s.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:33 pm

Yeah, well... I think most people agree that Budokai 3 is the superior game. :| The only things good about B2 were those mini-games.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~