Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Post by Zelvin » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:18 pm

With Xenoverse 2 hitting soon, a third installment is just a logical conclusion. So I decided to start up the Xenoverse 3 wishlist, starting with things I'd like to see in XV3 as well as improvements, and be able to build a more comprehensive list once XV2 has launched and all notable DLC has been examined.

[spoiler]Item 1 -More Extensive Transformations-
Of course, some will argue that XV2 gave each race some kind of transformation or upgrade. The thing is, they really aren't extensive and some are just ported over from Dragon Ball Online. Just going over the trailer videos for XV2 just shows how lacking the new transformations really are. Especially in the case of Majins. I'll go over each of the current five races and describe how I'd like to see their transformations become in XV3.

Majins: Since Dimps wants to keep the idea of a Pure Majin, then it needs to be expanded upon extensively to make up for that blunder in XV2. They forget that purity comes in two forms regarding this subject matter; Pure Evil and Pure Good. Pure Evil should not entail taking the form of Kid Buu. That is simply taking the form of the Original Majin, not tapping into the Purity of Evil that exists within themselves.

Pure Evil Majin (Male): When transformed, the player should more closely resemble Evil Buu in terms of physical stature. Yes, the Gray Buu with its sickly thin frame and dead looking eyes. That in effect was all of the Evil within Majin Buu given physical form. It made it look as if all the life had been sucked out of it. Malnourished and unpleasant. It looked weaker and yet it was incredibly powerful. When transformed the Male Majin should greatly resemble this state of near physical decay with a jaunt, skinny frame while still possessing the same attire the Player has assigned, as well as head and facial features, only being warped to suit this form. It should also exhibit a change in Aura, becoming dark and twisted like the Villainous Ki charge from Xenoverse 1.

Pure Good Majin (Male): It could be argued that the fat form is considered "Pure Good", however that's not really correct since Majin Buu (or Mr. Buu) remained unchanged physically while the Evil was a part of him and when it was separated. This I feel should change the Majin to look more like Super Buu, post Z-Fighter absorption, to have more human-like features and an adult appearance instead of the fat Mr. Buu's innocence. A form perhaps drawn from the Kaioshin as their energy also became part of Buu's being, and would thus also be a part of every Majin that spawned from him. And it should keep the same outfit, of course, and facial features made to match the new form. The Aura should look gentler and lighter colored, looking more like wispy swirls than jagged energy

Pure Evil Majin (Female): Like the male counterpart, this form should look drained of life and vitality, but unlike the male Majin, the females features should be more twisted like those of a witch. More bone-like, twisted fingers and sunken eyes. Hunched over and clawing the ground. The aura twisting viciously. The outfit remaining the same, if duller tones, and the facial features a bit more twisted. The 'hair' pieces looking more angular and limp as opposed to the smoothness it had originally.

Pure Good Majin (Female): Since female Majin already have a slender appearance, you think it'd be easy to just keep them as they are with few changes. Actually, the change should be simple yet noticeable. They gain a bit of girth, look more womanly, given more defined features. As if losing their innocence to becoming an adult, yet still possessing that goodness of heart that the Kai's possessed. Aura a lighter hue and gentler, like wispy streams or even particles of light.

Differences in abilities between Pure Good and Pure Evil. The Pure Evil form I feel should give a much bigger increase in power to special attacks, but also draining ki faster and lowering their defensive stats, making them take more damage as a trade off. Pure Good Majin shouldn't have a large increase in damage output, but instead have higher stamina and ki recovery along with greater speed.

Saiyans: SS3 was neat, but the major problem is lack of diversity in its appearance. It's the same SS3 hair on every model, male or female, not taking into account hair style choices. There's no originality and no effort involved here. And once again there doesn't appear to be any change in the hair models for turning SSJ and SS2 aside from a color change. That needs to be addressed. You managed it in Dragon Ball Online, it shouldn't be lacking in the Xenoverse series. Hell there are different SSJ hair models in Heroes. We should have those as well.

As for the transformation strings themselves, it needs some streamlining. There shouldn't be a separation between Super Saiyan and Super Vegeta. Just make it Super Saiyan and have the boon it gives to either Strike Supes or Ki Supers be dependent on your stat build as opposed to separate transformation lines. And if the player keeps Strike and Ki Super stats equalized then both receive a boon, but a much smaller one to each since it's a balanced approach.

Saiyans should have 3 transformation routes;
Normal: SSJ 1-3
Future: Trunks' transformations
God: SSJ - SSG - SSB

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't get the god forms is just being silly. We already see them in Heroes, Vegeta in canon says any Saiyan can attain them, and ultimately could just replace earlier transformations in game. But having each set available to the player is always best for choosing play style and having their own balances and drawbacks. A potential fourth route I feel should be including SSJ4. People still love the idea of it and it looks cool from an aesthetic standpoint. But if adding it, it should be part of the Normal Route or call it the Grand Saiyan Route. Considering pretty much everyone had it in Heroes and all.

Namekians: They should have two transformations, plain and simple. Giant Form is fine, but it feels more like a gimmick. We need Super Namekian. It doesn't have any physical changes, except maybe eye color, but has a change in aura and is a stat increase much like SSJ. Great Namek or Giant Form should be separate from that. Dragon Ball Online already showed us a great representation of a Super Namekian in the Tournament Cinematic that was a match for the Saiyan going SSJ. And that's what we need in Xenoverse 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p84nBxAwQOs
As a side note, Piccolo should also have his Transformations. You know, the ones from the Budokai games. The ones that upgrade his stats by way of his merger with Nail and Kami respectively, which bring about his status as a Super Namekian.

Earthlings: Honestly, I always felt Potential Unleashed should've been relegated to Earthlings only so it felt more unique to them. But with the plan to keep it for everyone, despite it practically being useless for other races who already have transformations, since only Earthlings in XV1 could sustain it almost indefinitely. Aside from that, my personal opinion on the Nimbus/nyoibo combo transformation I find to be just a gimmick. And with even that being open to all races, it really feels like Earthlings have nothing to call their own. With that in mind, I still feel Earthlings should have two transformations of their own.
Awakening and True Potential. Awakening is pretty much what happened with Krillin on Namek when Guru unlocked his hidden power. There is no physical change, but there is the increase in ability. True Potential is much the same, only to really show what Earthling's are fully capable of, pretty much taking Potential Unleashed and adjusting it fit the Earthling's statistics best and maintaining that balance they appear to have.

Frost Demon (Frieza Race): This really needs to be done right. Turn Golden is...a dumb name for the form, to be honest. The thing is, Freeza specifically chose that color to mock the Saiyans. The Ultimate Evolution's color palette should be chosen by the Player upon earning this transformation, making each players Ultimate form unique to them. Other than that, Frost Demons should have three transformations if we take into the idea that when you create your Frost Demon character, their appearance is their FInal Form
100% Power: The full strength of their final form, an increase to stats while draining stamina used to sustain it. I don't suggest bulking up like Freeza did in the show, but make their facial expression look strained and/or add bulging veins to the head, arms and tail.
Super Evolution: This should incur a physical change and change in aura, fitting more in line with both Cooler's transformation in his movie as well as the Frieza Clan Heroes in the Dragon Ball Heroes series. The head and facial features should change in different ways depending on which were locked in when creating the character, making each transformation more unique to each player. The Super Evolution should focus on an increase in Normal Attacks, Strike Supers and Defense.
Ultimate Evolution: As explained before. Yes, it should be their best upgrade affecting stats and normal ki blasts. But the radiant color of their armor and skin should be set by the Player when the form is acquired, making it unique to them instead of generic. Ultimate Evolution's increases should focus on Ki Blasts, Supers/Ultimates and a speed increase.

Item 2 -Environments and Stages-
It was good to get more stages. The problems from the 1st game still persisted, however. Many of the stages are the exact same as XV1. And once again, many of the items and buildings in the environments aren't destructible. Now only is this greatly annoying to many players for various reasons, but this is quite immersion breaking. Firing giant ki blasts and not hitting your opponent because he ducked behind a rock pillar and it's indestructible for no reason.

Environments should be far more destructible with some interactive objects for each stage. Like boulders to grab and smash on people or cars from the city stage, or even asteroids in space. Also, players and enemies should be able to be knocked between stages like in earlier games. Smashing them through a cliff in one stage and knocking them into another stage, following after them in the same sequence. Or blasting them so hard they get shot into the Spce Stage over Earth or Namek or wherever. Or knocking people down from Kami's Lookout to the ground. This is sorely missed from the previous DBZ games and it's something that needs to return.[/spoiler]
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:26 pm

I wish to have sexy swimwear alternate costumes for all of the characters.

I would also appreciate the ability to use Tullece's men, especially Daiz.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:32 pm

For Xenoverse 3, I want the Time Breakers to mess with Gods Tournament and Future Trunks sagas (and of course, if there were to be more sagas by Toriyama, them too), as well as implementing even more of Dragon Ball Online stuff (mainly Fu), while keeping everything that XV2 added.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Gimme some original Dragon Ball characters, then we'll start talking. They can't just dodge this forever.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Zelvin wrote:With Xenoverse 2 hitting soon, a third installment is just a logical conclusion.
In what way is that the logical conclusion? The possiability of a third installment depends entirely on the Devs and the success of Xenoverse 2. We have nothing that garuntees a third installment.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:09 pm

We're two weeks from release and you already think the entirety of Xenoverse 2, base and DLC, will be unsatisfactory, and you are assuming a Xenoverse 3 is guaranteed? Pardon me, but I don't see any logic here.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:59 am

My main wishes for a Xenoverse 3, just off the top of my head, would be -

1) First and foremost, that it continues the 'third game' trend that Dragon Ball's had quite a few times, where the third game of a particular series of games is AMAZING and improves upon basically everything it's predecessor's did. Buu's Fury, Budokai 3, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - and to top it off, Xenoverse has a lot stronger first game outting than any of those did too. So hopefully when we get that far in, Xenoverse 3 will be mind-blowing.
2) Give us even more race options, basically everything the other 'create a character' optioned games have given us. So basically I'd want...Saiyans (Male/Female), Humans (Male/Female), Namekians, Freeza's Race, Majins (Male/Female), Androids (Human Type) (Male/Female), Androids (Cell Type), Kais (Male/Female), and I guess the generic Aliens type (Male/Female) too. Though I'd like it to also include enough custom character slots to allow us to make one of each of them too, so...15 custom slots. Wishing for the moon on this one I admit.
3) If all clothing options aren't color customizable in 2 already (not sure on that), then make it so with 3.
4) Give each race it's full roster of major transformations via the show and previous games and what-not for the customs. So basically, Saiyans (Base/SS/SS2/SS3/SS4/SSG/SSB), Namekians (Base/Giant), Freeza's Race (1st form/2nd form/3rd form/Final form/'Cooler' form/'Golden' form), Majins ('base'/'Super Boo' type form/'Kid Boo' type form), Androids (Human Type) (Base/Super Android), and Androids (Cell Type) (1st/2nd/'Perfect'). I'm not really sure what could be done with Kais, and with the generic Alien types I guess they could do something based around Zarbon's transformation maybe. With humans I'd actually be totally fine with Kaioken and 'Ultimate' forms being pushed out of the other character types and given exclusively to humans, just so they'd have something. That or something like Roshi's big buff form.
5) Actually cover Dragon Ball somewhat. It's been getting skipped over for far too long now dammit.

I highly doubt these will get met though, but if nothing else I'd accept 1, a bit of 2, and 3. Really want 5 to happen though.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:My main wishes for a Xenoverse 3, just off the top of my head, would be -
Pretty much other things I was going to add to my wishlist after taking more time to write them out and describe them. But on the idea of outfits, they first need to lose clothing stats because it's still a bad idea to have and the QQ Bang to 'correct' it to the stats of another item so you get the stats you want with the outfit you want, is just a really poor way of going about it. Also, after acquiring outfits, players should be able to create Custom Outfits using samples taken from outfits acquired in game. Such as adding tiger stripes to the Turtle Gi worn by Goku and Krillin, kinda like the guy in DBO, or changing the symbol to Whis' or Piccolos, or removing them in favor of the Capsule Corp logo or Ginyu logo, etc etc.

Barring that kind of customization and if they still want clothing pieces to have stats, then all sets should have a base of 0 stat and be upgraded through the use of items up to Rank 5. Depending on the item expended to increase its rank, certain stats will be improved. Allowing players to experiment with the system and create their own outfit combinations with the stats they want on them, and have the ability to break down the item for materials to start over again as better improvement items are unlocked and acquired through the game. And to do this without pieces having Negative Stats on them. That has always been an annoyance.

As for races, we should have at least 3 additional races as well as Female Frost Demons. I don't believe it was ever made canon that they were Male only asexuals. Namekians were certainly explained that way and accepted, but not Frost Demons. Also, this is Xenoverse, aka "A Strange Universe", which isn't canon to the shows or Super, so it wouldn't be wrong to have them. Nvm the fact Dimps has already "borrowed" concepts and ideas from fanart for Frost Demon customizations, just go full in already and give us Female Frost Demons so we can create the characters we all want to make. There's certainly enough Fanart of them as is that aren't all just Freeza with tits. Here's an example;
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
And that looks fugging amazing. So just give it to us already.

Besides that, the other three new races should be, as I see them;

Bioroids (Cell-type Android)
Kaioshin
Makaioshin (Demons)

Why not regular androids? Well, because they pretty much just are Earthling's in appearance, and Earthings/Saiyans already share a large number of customization options between them. So adding in Androids like Gero, Lapis and Lazuli wouldn't be adding anything new cosmetically and I can only imagine their Race ability being something like lower ki cost for super attacks. That's about it. Bioroids or Cell-Types are visually distinctive from everything else and can share some head/crown options with Frost Demons, but still have many unique to this race. And can have both Male and Female versions as the genetic probability is there.

Kaioshin and Makaioshin are almost self explanatory in that both play a big role in this universe and Heroes and Super has given us more of both. And Makaioshin can have different skin texture options, such as Garlic's or even transformed Zarbon's to make them look less-human and more monstrous. Or have horns like Ginyu and Dabura. Makaioshin could have quite a fair variety.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Zelvin wrote: As for races, we should have at least 3 additional races as well as Female Frost Demons. I don't believe it was ever made canon that they were Male only asexuals.
Didn't Akira state once that Frieza did have a mother? Or am I just pulling that one out of my ass. Plus, the current Frost Demons do seem to have simmilar sexual organs to Saiyans/Earthlings (They wear underwaer under their tissue-armour for a reason, it even has a bulge!), so in Xenoverse's case at least it seems more than likely that they're not asexual.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Toriyama never talked about Freeza having a mother. You're likely referring to Freeza's ambiguous usage of "oya". Assumptions are usually made about that exchange that are somehow construed as truthful over time. As far as parenting goes, Toriyama states Freeza was born from Cold alone, yet even that is hazy.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:22 pm

I just want them to get rid of this shiny plastic look the game has and make it look similar to how Burst Limit looked (character models too)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Nejishiki wrote:Toriyama never talked about Freeza having a mother. You're likely referring to Freeza's ambiguous usage of "oya". Assumptions are usually made about that exchange that are somehow construed as truthful over time. As far as parenting goes, Toriyama states Freeza was born from Cold alone, yet even that is hazy.
Which itself can have multiple meanings. Such as just saying Cold was a single parent. And there was that throwaway line in the Dub of Freeza stating his parents never hurt him thus, while fighting Goku. Implying he has both a father and mother. But that could just be either a dub error or intentional on part of the American Localization. The problem is Toriyama was never clear about it, and is rather forgetful about things he doesn't have to think about. It would be best if Toei along with Bandai/Namco and Dimps made their own canon regarding the Frost Demon race so it has a Name (Frieza Clan is still a sucky name) and has some identity of its own.

My thoughts had always been that they are capable of both types of reproduction, and that Asexual reproduction among the species was a means of maintaining a strong genetic bloodline and leave out the possibility of thinning it through breeding with others. Which is kind of an idea that Royal Families in Europe tended to have. Not asexual reproduction, but keeping the bloodline pure by only marrying in the family or extended family. Which can explain Freeza's family. Though I suspect Freeza did have a mother and that Cold killed her in order to keep secret that he'd bred outside the family and claimed himself to be the sole parent. Which can explain why Freeza has such greater potential than Cold.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:52 pm

That's what I'm referring to. Translated works usually had "parents" or "father" for their adaptions. The original text isn't specific. For what it's worth, "ryoushin" specifically refers to both parents. The manner in which Toriyama never uses that term both times, within years, might be indicative that he always had that idea. I don't have a personal stake in this either way, so I'm not discounting your stories. That's partly the purpose of Xenoverse, what you're doing. :thumbup:

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:48 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: 5) Actually cover Dragon Ball somewhat. It's been getting skipped over for far too long now dammit.
Lord Beerus wrote:Gimme some original Dragon Ball characters, then we'll start talking. They can't just dodge this forever.
Oh yes, this is the very thing I want the most in Xenoverse 3, How to have them fit in XV? Just give Goku the Kinto'un and the Earthlings from that Era and Arale jetpacks. Problem solved.

Aside from that, more Time Patroller customization options sounds good, like having the ability to create fit male Majins, kids, Bulky characters, skinny characters, old people, etc.
Oh and defiantly more character slots and the ability to fight your other patrollers in Vs mode against CPU as well.

And more outfits for Canon characters as well.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Give me Arale, the RRA leaders (Blue, Black, Red, etc.), King Piccolo, and Android 8, and I'll be happy.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:00 pm

An actual development cycle for one, meaning a bare minimum of 2 years with ideally 3-4. And no, I don't give a crap if half-assed sequels are the standard for DB games, I don't tolerate it anywhere else and I won't tolerate it here simply because its "tradition".

An entirely new story would be cool, no more of this "let's replay the Z portion for the ten billionth time in a row!".
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:04 pm

1) Rename the Freeza Clan to something that resembles a race.

2) Human Transformation > "Do or Die!" Mode
Stamina and Health Refilled. After Stamina is drained, Health starts to drain. Super Skills are Replaced with Ultimate Skill Versions counterparts or look alikes. Ultimate Skill Button would unleash a cinematic Self Destruct Attack, Killing the User, reduces Opponent HP by 33% (User would win if Opponent is defeated) Lasts the length of the Pure Form Transformation

3) If it hasn't been added in X2, carrying a weapon will allow basic strikes to change.

4) Story Mode - Time has been destroyed, Player has to fix it. This can allow you to create a different canon by allowing or stopping things from happening.
Last edited by FoolsGil on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:10 pm

FoolsGil wrote:4) Story Mode - Time has been destroyed, Player has to fix it. This can allow you to create a different canon by allowing or stopping things from happening.
A similar concept will be used after you finish the Story Mode of XV2. You'll be able to alter history seemingly the way you want, we don't know the extent of this though, as if you'll be able to allow or stop things from happening.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:10 pm

Nejishiki wrote:That's what I'm referring to. Translated works usually had "parents" or "father" for their adaptions. The original text isn't specific. For what it's worth, "ryoushin" specifically refers to both parents. The manner in which Toriyama never uses that term both times, within years, might be indicative that he always had that idea. I don't have a personal stake in this either way, so I'm not discounting your stories. That's partly the purpose of Xenoverse, what you're doing. :thumbup:
But that is what I mean. Toriyama himself isn't expressly clear and more likely just doesn't care. That's all long behind him. Then we get Frost on Super and, despite knowing now that he's a lying sack of shit, still mentions a home world and people and, for some reason, they are all just blacked out in the scene. Almost as if they were too afraid to delve into their race since Toriyama never went passed a cool character design when making them.

But yeah, that's what I'm doing for Xenoverse; creating a feasible backstory and reason for this stuff to exist within this context. It'd give players more freedom to create, it'd make the community happy, and it would make the game companies happy by making the fans happy, because happy fans are happy money-spending fans.
AnzuMazaki wrote: Oh yes, this is the very thing I want the most in Xenoverse 3, How to have them fit in XV? Just give Goku the Kinto'un and the Earthlings from that Era and Arale jetpacks. Problem solved.

Aside from that, more Time Patroller customization options sounds good, like having the ability to create fit male Majins, kids, Bulky characters, skinny characters, old people, etc.
Oh and defiantly more character slots and the ability to fight your other patrollers in Vs mode against CPU as well.

And more outfits for Canon characters as well.
Something else I also wanted to touch upon to see in XV3; Dynamic Growth. This was something they had in DBO. You could create a younger kid character and as you progressed through the game, that character would Grow. They would gradually turn into an adult through performing tasks and missions. We need that kind of Dynamic Growth back for XV3. They already have been taking every idea they could from DBO, this should be included as well. Because no other game has really done that. Most games that employ a similar idea just do a time-skip. But the original Dragon Ball series and DBO both showed the gradual growth of their characters over a long period of time.

Yeah Dragonball did have some time-skip segments, but that was generally when nothing was happening. I think the only real time-skip Dragonball had was when went to train with Kami to prepare for the 23rd Budokai. And by then Pilaf was gone, the RRA was destroyed, Yamcha and Bulma were still kinda-sorta a couple, and life around the world was pleasant and getting back on track after Goku defeated King Piccolo. So there wasn't anything worth noting over that 3yr period.

Putting that aside, it was a cool concept to watch Your Character learn and grow from a lil punk into the Savior of the World. Both in terms of their stature and age, as well as their abilities and skill set. It would be nice to make a young, fresh lil Namekian like Dende and watch him turn into a badass warrior after training with the Time Patrol and fighting across time. Maybe even having special RoSaT training segments where your character goes in and you go through a series of battles with other Time Patrollers and when you exit the next day, it's been a year for you and your team, and you've all grown somewhat.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Didn't even think about that for my wishlist, but it would be nice to be able to adjust the age of your created characters as well. Sure, you can make a character really small, but that's still not the same. Even just generic 'kid', 'teen', and 'adult' options would be nice.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)