Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Post by Teclo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:10 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:35 pm Nope, I highly recommend playing Xenoverse games again as those don't retread Raditz to Buu at all, specially the second installment.
Er... Did you skip all the cutscenes or only do PQs?
https://youtu.be/qDGtGFhh0Pg?t=12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtnlyDmcNZU

Anyway, I'd like an actual original story rather than the usual thing of retelling the same story verbatim or doing what XV does and retelling the same story with a time travel framing device. Better animations too, both in and out of battle (the sudden head-jerks in dialogue is pretty awful, for example) and more interesting customisation both visually (a more detailed character creator) and in terms of moves, how they work, how they interact, so it doesn't feel so shallow. Also I really wish they'd get rid of this odd, plastic look and the neon colours that so many DBZ games seem to have in more recent times.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:27 am

I ask you the same, did you skip all the cutscenes or only did the Parallel Quests? XV2 ends after Movie 15 events. And if you buy two specific DLCs, you have Universe 6 saga and Future Trunks saga.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:55 am

Teclo wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:10 am I'd like an actual original story rather than the usual thing of retelling the same story verbatim or doing what XV does and retelling the same story with a time travel framing device.
I think XV3 may end up focusing on the events of DB Heroes as XV2 has pretty much covered everything in Z, GT, & Super. XV2 ended with Trunks saving Future Gohan so they may do something with that as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:27 am I ask you the same, did you skip all the cutscenes or only did the Parallel Quests? XV2 ends after Movie 15 events. And if you buy two specific DLCs, you have Universe 6 saga and Future Trunks saga.
I think you're misunderstanding the other poster's complaint. He's saying that that loads of the game retread the same ground from DBZ, from Raditz to Buu. That material has been covered countless times in the games and it's really boring to go through it again. The fact that XV2 does that again isn't changed by the fact that it covers some events outside of those ones.
sintzu wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:55 am I think XV3 may end up focusing on the events of DB Heroes as XV2 has pretty much covered everything in Z, GT, & Super. XV2 ended with Trunks saving Future Gohan so they may do something with that as well.
Yeah, but even then it would be even better if they just do their own story - though the thing you say about Trunks saving Future Gohan could lead to a fresh story, so that's cool. I know they feel they have to do something that incorporates the existing cast because they're not going to make a game where you mainly fight original characters as fans wouldn't be happy. I think that's why the games tend to stick to the same material endlessly, the only alternative is a fresh new story that somehow also involves Raditz, Nappa, Cell, Gero, Buu's previous forms etc which doesn't necessarily make sense. Of course, they could leave them out of the story but still have them be playable in other modes, so the story isn't so constrained by having to include all of the classic cast.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Teclo wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:46 pmThe fact that XV2 does that again isn't changed by the fact that it covers some events outside of those ones.
So yeah, we reached a point where going from Raditz to Freeza (or Raditz to Trunks by DLCs) is actually yet another retread of Raditz to Buu. And that's not to mention the alternate events (compared to XV1) along with new ones occuring during the sagas...

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Looking over, I'd rather they not try to follow Heroes. There is zero consistency in Heroes and the plot, if you could even call it one, is absolutely nonsensical and exists just to sell merch. That's it. It has no other purpose.

From the very beginning, one of the major things I want for XV3 is a legitimately good story. Not just rehashing the same shit for a third time (when really it's the 30th time. Every DBZ game runs through the same story arcs over and over again). Let there be actual consequences for choices. Let there be a factional divide. Have the Time Breakers still at it with Fu in charge and with Towa returning. After all, you've got time travel. Nobody gonna stay dead that way. Let the Time Patrol split apart between those following Chronoa, aka Supreme Kai of Time, aka Tika (because I love calling her Tika), and those that've come to follow Trunks who has become blinded by his desire to stop all evil across time.

Have it be that Trunks' rejection of Gohan's death in his future and his guilt over it drives him down a dark path, one he's being pushed down by unseen forces. Have Trunks lead his Time Champions to stop every evil across time to create a "Perfect Timeline". And have Tika lead her Time Enforcers as those dedicated to maintaining the continuity of the universe, for better or worse.

And let the player CHOOSE where they side. Have them follow the break after graduating from the Patroller Academy, watch as the internal conflicts make themselves present on missions and watch as the camaraderie between Trunks and Tika breaks down with the constant efforts against Fu and his Time Breakers divides their stances more and more until Trunks forms his own group. Let the players choose where they end up, and have their decisions carry weight. And even the chance to change their own heading, to correct their own course and joining a different faction.

There is an unbelievable degree of potential in this and in such a story. But they refuse to put in the effort to make it happen.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:11 pm

I'd enjoy a matchmaking thing in the next game. In addition to the tails and Legendary Super Saiyan choice. And more hair options.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Ongam

Post by Ongam » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Demon Realm arc, with new playable characters (Demon Gods Dabura, Demigra, Pultine, Shrum, Salsa, Towa, Robelu, etc.)

Tournament of Power arc, with even more playable characters, mostly the major ones (Jiren and Hit again of course, Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne again, Kakunsa, Rozie, Katopesla, etc.)

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:06 pm

1. Amazing graphics. Xenoverse just has to be one of the most aesthetically unappealing Dragon Ball game I've ever played. I don't know where to start. I can't tell if they were trying to do something new or if something went wrong with the team in charge, but it was absolutely awful, and I really mean that. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to take the lazy and cheaper route by importing some slightly spruced up DBH models, but I hope I'm wrong.

2. They probably won't be able to get away with giving us Z again, but this doesn't mean that what they make would automatically be good though, if the game is anything to go by, I hope they can find better writers. Maybe Toriyama or Toyotaro could help them.

3. An opening. Almost every Dragon Ball game has them and I know for a fact that it gets everyone psyched up. Xenoverse 1 had one, but the animation and art direction was poor, the song didn't fit, and it wasn't even made for the game, Flow's cover of Cha-La Head-Cha-La existed like 2 years before Xenoverse came out. All Xenoverse 2 had was a poorly animated promotional video for the Time Patrol. They were both extremely disappointing.

4. Make the CaCs more than just moving props. I'd like for the team to give them personalities like Shallot or that Ultimate Tenkaichi CaC.

5. Improved transformations. They'll probably fix the hair spikes for Super Saiyan, but I'm hoping they take some artistic liberties with the other races and give them more.

6. Character development. It's really just the CaC, Trunks, Chronoa, and sometimes Goku in this game fighting Mira and Towa. It feels empty is what I'm saying. Take a page from Heroes and make some characters actual members of the Time Patrol. And since this game is for-sure going to cover the DBS storylines then we might as well include the other 36 deities. We could even see what goes on inside their universes.

7. Hair Physics and transformation cutscenes.

8. Characters from Dragon Ball Fusions.

9. A better soundtrack.

10. Pleeeeeease fix the energy beam attacks. Using them is like buying some horrid knockoff toy.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:47 pm

I want logos to not be permanent and instead something to place on clothing like stickers

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 pm

I tried to post this on another website about Xenoverse 3 but they don't allow wishlists, it's just a story idea I had:

The beginning of the game should cover the OG Dragon Ball events but with Z Villains and Characters showing up to drastically damage the timeline:

It would start with Gohan discovering Goku and Frieza Soldiers showing up which you have to defeat to protect Gohan Sr. and Goku. (Inspired from a DBOnline mission)

Later on when Goku meets Eighter, Android 16 shows up to kill Goku when he is a kid. (I kinda got inspired by the What if from Budokai Tenkaichi)

My reasoning with this would be to satisfy OG Dragon Ball fans while knocking out some parts of Z. When they move over to the other sagas they don't have to do everything from the saga.

Battle of Gods and Resurrection F would follow the anime versions with some changes - like this time Ginyu would swap with Vegeta after becoming Tagoma. That means the Ginyu stuff wouldn't happen in the Frieza Saga earlier in the game, it would happen later. I'd imagine that the rest of the Ginyu Force would be revived too, to help Ginyu out.

I think it's safe to say that the biggest moments like Goku going SSJ for the first time, the Frieza fight, Gohan going SSJ2 and the Final Battles of each saga will still happen but they'll go more in depth with stuff we haven't gotten to see yet. (Missing forms of Frieza and Cell - but I think they could have Frieza toy with the characters in the Ressurection F saga

What if we delve into the OG timeline where Goku fights Mecha Frieza and King Cold but they're more OP. If Goku dies and then the Cold Family (with Cooler) kills everyone, Trunks wouldn't be born and join the Time Patrol. They could even have King Cold go into a Final Form like Frieza.

Some of the Buu Saga could take place in the Future Trunks timeline where we fight with Future Trunks against Dabura and maybe Buu gets set free this time around.

The Tournament of Power would have a simple change - one of the characters would get incapacitated before and you have to join. Maybe another character would get taken out of the picture too so depending on your Xenoverse 2 choices - either Bardock, Future Trunks, Your mentor or your Xenoverse 2 character would show up to be in Team Universe 7. I think Frieza still would be on the team and it's possible he'll get taken over to sabotage Universe 7.

I could see them covering the Broly movie too, not sure what they could change though besides Broly getting stronger. Maybe Goku and Vegeta mess up the fusion and become Veku and you have to protect him?

There's room for other crazy stuff in the story like Time Breaker Arale showing up in the Android Saga, Having to go back in time to help the SKOT fight a more powerful Demigra, Super 17 absorbing 18 like in DBHeroes, etc.

Characters:
For Races -

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:04 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 pm I tried to post this on another website about Xenoverse 3 but they don't allow wishlists, it's just a story idea I had:

The beginning of the game should cover the OG Dragon Ball events but with Z Villains and Characters showing up to drastically damage the timeline:
This is actually a fantastic idea. It would go hand-in-hand with Toriyama's several nods at the Terminator franchise, too. Also goes to show that XV3 can still give us so much more than just a few more characters.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:36 am

I just want for Zamasu to be part of the story.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am

All I want is a playable Kai race.

Also this version of Fused Zamasu should be playable, because if they can have 20 fucking variations of one saiyan then they can give me this Corrupted version of Fused Zamasu too:

I won't lie, the idea of smiting the unwashed ningen masses with a huge gooey arm is appealing.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:47 pm

I realize this is probably too smart for Dragon Ball, but I'd really like a branching storyline with moral choices. Like the player could decide whether to change the timeline and save a ton of people as a Time Breaker, or to protect the timeline and ensure their deaths as a Time Patroller. Take the destruction of Planet Vegeta for example. You could fight Frieza to save the planet, or fight with Frieza and protect the timeline. The two types of time travelers don't have to be presented in this black and white fashion, and it opens up way more interesting story opportunities this way. I mean, obviously, if our characters were allowed to join Towa (who's probably coming back somehow), we would obviously be the bad guys. But with Fu as the main antagonist? Fu doesn't have evil intentions. He's just there to have fun and experiment with time travel, and he might see corrupting a Time Patroller by tempting them to change history as a fun experiment.

But yeah. Moral ambiguity in a Dragon Ball game? Not likely.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:36 am I just want for Zamasu to be part of the story.
I had this Idea playing Xenoverse 2 the other day - you know the Time Rifts? Frieza's Spaceship, Guru's House, Capsule Corp, etc.

Frieza's Spaceship had different choices you could do, so what if we get the Land of the Kais from Universe 10? (As a Time rift?)

Like Zamasu will have a Morality meter - depending on what you do, Zamasu can have three different outlooks on mortals.

1) Let the mortals do their thing, they're good

2) Neutral - The evil mortals should be dealt with if they pose a threat to the universe or good mortals

3) All mortals must be exterminated, starting with you (Your created Character) and you end up defeating Zamasu

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:15 pm

1. Graphics on par or better than FighterZ and Raging Blast

2. Good soundtrack

3. A story that isn't just a slightly different retelling of Z and Super

4. An ultimate/destructive finish system so attacks like Final Kamehameha and the like don't have to be butchered

5. Engaging Mini games that make the hub world worth coming back to

6. Big roster

7. Intro/win screen

8. Hair and jiggle physics

9. Big fights with nicely animated cutscene endings like in Naruto Storm

10. Cutscene transformations instead of enemies flying off and coming back with their new form
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:31 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:15 pm2. Good soundtrack
That is almost certain, considering XV2 has great soundtracks.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:15 pm3. A story that isn't just a slightly different retelling of Z and Super
Turning Universe 6 saga/the tournament into a proper battle royale where Piccolo has his opportunity to shine and Future Trunks saga adopting many elements completely out of the safe zone hardly makes them "slightly different retelling".
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:15 pm9. Big fights with nicely animated cutscene endings like in Naruto Storm
Not even Dragon Ball Z Kakarot achieved that. I always wanted to see what Cyber Connect2 could make out of Dragon Ball, but I still feel Naruto games (mainly Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4) is leagues better in all aspects. A pity. If they have an opportunity to work on another Dragon Ball game, hopefully the results end up better than Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. When it comes to models, I feel like they are off, especially Goku's hair (also, if they market the game by having Toriyama's tidbits again, they end up being more interesting and somewhat more substantial...).

The only way would be making the CG from the cutscenes into the actual graphics... I doubt Dimps would do that, though.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:34 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:36 am I just want for Zamasu to be part of the story.
I had this Idea playing Xenoverse 2 the other day - you know the Time Rifts? Frieza's Spaceship, Guru's House, Capsule Corp, etc.

Frieza's Spaceship had different choices you could do, so what if we get the Land of the Kais from Universe 10? (As a Time rift?)

Like Zamasu will have a Morality meter - depending on what you do, Zamasu can have three different outlooks on mortals.

1) Let the mortals do their thing, they're good

2) Neutral - The evil mortals should be dealt with if they pose a threat to the universe or good mortals

3) All mortals must be exterminated, starting with you (Your created Character) and you end up defeating Zamasu
Perfect. Literally a "ningen meter". The lower you are on the meter, the less ningen you are. The less ningen you are, the more Zamasu respects you. I like this idea, and it could happen.

I mean, Goku Black/Zamasu is such a popular character that I can't see him not being featured more prominently in Xenoverse 3. Don't forget that Xenoverse 2 was being produced while the Future Trunks arc had just started airing, things have changed a lot since then.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:19 pm

The most important thing is including OG DB and no one will convince me it's not. The fact games keep ignoring the best part of franchise is disgusting.

They should also incorporate GT villains to main story, especially Baby who couldn't get proper representation in first game DLC due to lack of Majuub and Super Baby 2 as actual characters. With Baby story arc they could easily force players to fight pretty much all available characters in story due to his infection ability without using any "villainous mode" kind of things.

They could also add at least one new race, like android, Makai (demons) or machine-mutants. Even Bojack's race would be cool.

When it comes to characters then:
-Kid Goku
-Roshi !!!!
-Tao Pai Pai
-King Piccolo (both young & old)
-Chi Chi
-Zangya
-Hatchiyack
-Arale
-General Rildo
-GT Vegeta (Base/SSJ)
-Baby Vegeta SSJ
-Oceanus Shenron
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta