Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:42 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:31 pm Turning Universe 6 saga/the tournament into a proper battle royale where Piccolo has his opportunity to shine and Future Trunks saga adopting many elements completely out of the safe zone hardly makes them "slightly different retelling".

I rewatched both sagas on youtube and they were still only slightly different than they were in the anime.

Piccolo doesn't get poisoned by frost, which is different, but he steps out so Vegeta can continue his fight with Cabba like in the anime/manga. Cabba doesn't even react to Piccolo, and neither does Frost when he saves us. There were so many ways they could have made Piccolo relevant, but I wouldn't call the route they went innovative.

Vegeta doesn't knock Cabba out, which is different, but he still goes Blue only to lose to Hit so Goku can have their fight.
I will admit that the Player and Goku fighting purple Cabba, Frost, and Hit isn't part of the story, but isn't that standard for Xenoverse? It wasn't a bad thing for Xenoverse 1, or 2's base game since they didn't get a lot of time to work on it, but am I really wrong for expecting a little more for the DLC?
---
As for the Black arc: I'll admit the way Trunks got his spirit sword was different and better than in the anime, but the actual story and the way Zamasu got defeated was barely any different than what we're used to. Goku Black and Zamasu just turned more and more purple until the final fight ended.

Besides the spirit sword, the other thing I remember was those movie villains popping out of the sky portal, but can that really be considered a good thing? I wouldn't say so, infact, I'd say it's the perfect example of this game's wasted potential. Only Turles was able to talk and interact with the world and the ordeal wasn't brought up again after the fight. They could have been Saibamen or even removed entirely and the story wouldn't have changed one bit.
Grimlock wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:31 pm Not even Dragon Ball Z Kakarot achieved that. I always wanted to see what Cyber Connect2 could make out of Dragon Ball, but I still feel Naruto games (mainly Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4) is leagues better in all aspects. A pity. If they have an opportunity to work on another Dragon Ball game, hopefully the results end up better than Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. When it comes to models, I feel like they are off, especially Goku's hair (also, if they market the game by having Toriyama's tidbits again, they end up being more interesting and somewhat more substantial...).

The only way would be making the CG from the cutscenes into the actual graphics... I doubt Dimps would do that, though.
I agree with this, which is unfortunate. CC2 tried really hard with Naruto, and you can tell with just about every character in all 3 games, but with Kakarot it seems like they only got paid to to care about the Buu saga.

I don't think every cutscene or ultimate attack (if they add them) In Xenoverse 3 needs to look like that though.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am All I want is a playable Kai race.

Also this version of Fused Zamasu should be playable, because if they can have 20 fucking variations of one saiyan then they can give me this Corrupted version of Fused Zamasu too:

I won't lie, the idea of smiting the unwashed ningen masses with a huge gooey arm is appealing.
Couldn't you play as him in XV2?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:02 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:42 pmPiccolo doesn't get poisoned by frost, which is different, but he steps out so Vegeta can continue his fight with Cabba like in the anime/manga. Cabba doesn't even react to Piccolo, and neither does Frost when he saves us. There were so many ways they could have made Piccolo relevant, but I wouldn't call the route they went innovative.
Piccolo still steps out, but only after taking out Botamo (off-screen), and putting up a good fight against Frost and Cabba. Which is more than what he did in the anime. I don't know what happens in the manga, but I assume its events are pretty much the same as the anime.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:42 pmAs for the Black arc: I'll admit the way Trunks got his spirit sword was different and better than in the anime, but the actual story and the way Zamasu got defeated was barely any different than what we're used to.
Which is obvious and expected. You were fooling yourself if you were expecting a different ending. Then again, considering that in XV2 Dragon Ball Super Trunks is Time Patroller Trunks, it can be inferred that instead of going to live with himself, Trunks became a Time Patroller after the events of the saga. Needless to say, it is a much, much better ending.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:42 pmBesides the spirit sword, the other thing I remember was those movie villains popping out of the sky portal, but can that really be considered a good thing?
Yes. It was the opportunity to finally introduce, in-universe, the existence of this alternate dimension where the movies take place. And XV2 did just that. It should've happened in the series too, but that's the perfect example of that series' wasted potential.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:42 pmI agree with this, which is unfortunate. CC2 tried really hard with Naruto, and you can tell with just about every character in all 3 games, but with Kakarot it seems like they only got paid to to care about the Buu saga.

I don't think every cutscene or ultimate attack (if they add them) In Xenoverse 3 needs to look like that though.
I think the cutscenes should probably be animated or in CG, if the graphics continue to be the same or just slightly better (i.e. a bit less plastic).
ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 pmCouldn't you play as him in XV2?
Only in Training Mode.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:11 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:02 am Piccolo still steps out, but only after taking out Botamo (off-screen), and putting up a good fight against Frost and Cabba. Which is more than what he did in the anime. I don't know what happens in the manga, but I assume its events are pretty much the same as the anime.
I'll concede that Piccolo getting 1 victory instead of none is better than what he got in the anime and so was him saving us from Frosts' attack, but can we really call that a 'good fight'? Unlike the anime where Piccolo had the excuse of being poisoned, there's nothing wrong with him here, he just dips out for Vegeta in the middle of his fight with Cabba. And he doesn't even show up again when the antagonist get their purple powerup. The story is squandering itself here so it can be in-line with the anime.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:02 am Which is obvious and expected. You were fooling yourself if you were expecting a different ending. Then again, considering that in XV2 Dragon Ball Super Trunks is Time Patroller Trunks, it can be inferred that instead of going to live with himself, Trunks became a Time Patroller after the events of the saga. Needless to say, it is a much, much better ending.
Check the quote again. I didn't have any qualms with the ending, I even said I liked it better than the anime. The actual story was a let down however, and the way they handled the enemies is what's wrong with Xenoverse in general.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:02 am Yes. It was the opportunity to finally introduce, in-universe, the existence of this alternate dimension where the movies take place. And XV2 did just that. It should've happened in the series too, but that's the perfect example of that series' wasted potential.
That opportunity already existed in Heroes and the First Xenoverse. They did nothing with it here. Only Turles interacted with anyone and the rest were just mindless zombies, and it was never brought up again. They could have been Saibamen, Goku's blacks clones, or even removed entirely and nothing would have changed.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:02 am I think the cutscenes should probably be animated or in CG, if the graphics continue to be the same or just slightly better (i.e. a bit less plastic).
I guess I should be glad if they do anything at all, but am I wrong for thinking they should be able to do way better? Ideally something like Raging Blast (1) for the actual game and FighterZ for the cutscenes.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:40 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am All I want is a playable Kai race.

Also this version of Fused Zamasu should be playable, because if they can have 20 fucking variations of one saiyan then they can give me this Corrupted version of Fused Zamasu too:

I won't lie, the idea of smiting the unwashed ningen masses with a huge gooey arm is appealing.
Couldn't you play as him in XV2?
You can only play as him through mods, he isn't an official playable character. He wasn't designed to be playable in the first place. I heard he only has a few generic abilities and that's it, certainly not the standard kit that an official character has. So I'd like to see him incorporated as a fully-fledged variation of Fused Zamasu.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:28 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:11 pmUnlike the anime where Piccolo had the excuse of being poisoned, there's nothing wrong with him here, he just dips out for Vegeta in the middle of his fight with Cabba. And he doesn't even show up again when the antagonist get their purple powerup.
Yes, but that leads to Vegeta teaching Cabba the Super Saiyan. You can't get rid of that, it's a major "plot" point. Again, the only issue is the series. If Piccolo has to step out, do that only after he has done something useful. And that only happens in Xenoverse.

You have a point in your last sentence, though.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:11 pmCheck the quote again. I didn't have any qualms with the ending, I even said I liked it better than the anime.
You mentioned Zamasu's defeat, which part of the ending. There was no other way for Zamasu to be defeated other than by Zeno's erasing technique. Should've specified that, sorry.

Unless you're referring to Zamasu's defeat by Trunks... But the point stands. It had to be the same way from the anime too.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:11 pmThat opportunity already existed in Heroes and the First Xenoverse. They did nothing with it here. Only Turles interacted with anyone and the rest were just mindless zombies, and it was never brought up again. They could have been Saibamen, Goku's blacks clones, or even removed entirely and nothing would have changed.
I think only Metal Cooler should also be given some dialogues, considering his issue with Goku and now he is seeing two more of him. Janemba and Broly are mindless zombies indeed. And Slug is there for the sake of being there. I could say that those three aren't there to serve anything in-universe, just to be a challenge for the player, don't forget, this is still a game (even in Heroes arcade there are some missions that don't serve any purpose to the on-going story/in-universe, it's there for player stuff specifically). Regardless of the execution, the idea is there, they thought about it and they did it. That's what matters, they didn't get stuck in the safe zone.

You want better execution? Ask the ones in charge of the series to stop wasting time with retellings, tournaments and average sagas and do something like this instead (and even then, good execution isn't guaranteed).
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:11 pmI guess I should be glad if they do anything at all, but am I wrong for thinking they should be able to do way better? Ideally something like Raging Blast (1) for the actual game and FighterZ for the cutscenes.
Kind of. I don't think you should be asking certain developers to use even similar graphics from other developers. I don't think that ever happened before, and I don't think it ever will. If anything, it's probably more likely that if they change the graphics that resemble another game, it might be into Dragon Ball Heroes latest graphics, something similar or an enhanced version of that.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:40 pmYou can only play as him through mods, he isn't an official playable character. He wasn't designed to be playable in the first place. I heard he only has a few generic abilities and that's it, certainly not the standard kit that an official character has. So I'd like to see him incorporated as a fully-fledged variation of Fused Zamasu.
Like I said, he is officially playable now.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:10 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:28 pm Yes, but that leads to Vegeta teaching Cabba the Super Saiyan. You can't get rid of that, it's a major "plot" point. Again, the only issue is the series. If Piccolo has to step out, do that only after he has done something useful. And that only happens in Xenoverse.

You have a point in your last sentence, though.
But this is different from the series. The contestants we beat got back up instead of fighting, and unlike Vegeta and his anime counterpart, Piccolo was perfectly fine so there's no reason why he should have sat the final fight out. I'll admit that the game took a good step forward for having him protect us once, but it took two steps back by keeping him out of the rest of the tournament.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:28 pm You mentioned Zamasu's defeat, which part of the ending. There was no other way for Zamasu to be defeated other than by Zeno's erasing technique. Should've specified that, sorry.

Unless you're referring to Zamasu's defeat by Trunks... But the point stands. It had to be the same way from the anime too.
Sorry, I should have phrased it better. I didn't mean their final defeat, I was referring to the way we beat them up until the final part of the saga. They could have been a lot more creative with their fights. Those movie characters that showed up or even something from the Universe 6 arc could have had a crucial part in the story, and it would have been much better.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:28 pm I think only Metal Cooler should also be given some dialogues, considering his issue with Goku and now he is seeing two more of him. Janemba and Broly are mindless zombies indeed. And Slug is there for the sake of being there. I could say that those three aren't there to serve anything in-universe, just to be a challenge for the player, don't forget, this is still a game (even in Heroes arcade there are some missions that don't serve any purpose to the on-going story/in-universe, it's there for player stuff specifically). Regardless of the execution, the idea is there, they thought about it and they did it. That's what matters, they didn't get stuck in the safe zone.

You want better execution? Ask the ones in charge of the series to stop wasting time with retellings, tournaments and average sagas and do something like this instead (and even then, good execution isn't guaranteed).
That's my main qualm with the DLC. They have the opportunity to go crazy with the story, but they opt for mute, purple clad movie villains.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:28 pm Kind of. I don't think you should be asking certain developers to use even similar graphics from other developers. I don't think that ever happened before, and I don't think it ever will. If anything, it's probably more likely that if they change the graphics that resemble another game, it might be into Dragon Ball Heroes latest graphics, something similar or an enhanced version of that.
Yeah, I was thinking about Heroes when I made that post. It's perfectly fine with SDBH since it's an old game being ported, but a new game like Xenoverse 3 honestly has no excuse to do just that when it's about to be released on next-gen consoles and is succeeding several Dragon Ball games that actually made an attempt with their visuals.

NamekDragon

Post by NamekDragon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:39 am

Super Saiyan 4 Transformation for CAC.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:34 pm

I forgot a good one: In certain instances characters (not the CaC) should have their art pop up rather than their models. Like the portrait by their health bar, or in the menu.

Gogeta SSJ Blue
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta SSJ Blue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:10 pm

I just want it to simply be released!

Improving the character models, AI and more transformations for the CaC's.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Things that I want to see in XV3:

A better camera angle because the one in XV2 still annoys the living hell out of me
A better AI because the AI on your team is super useless at times
More crazy what if scenarios in the story
Able to play a Time Patroller or a Time Breaker
Have SSjG and SSjB be in game transformations and not their own characters
Have Baby in his teen and adult form as playable characters
You can pick these races to create a character for: Saiyan, Human, Freeza's Race, Namek, Kaioshin, Cell's Race, Majin, and Cyborg

List of New Mentors for XV3:

#17 (DBS)
Baby (Adult Form)
Bergamo
Broly (Super) - Replacing his DBZ counter part as a mentor
Buuhan (Replacing Fat Buu as a mentor)
Catopesra
Dabra
Freeza (Final Form) - Replacing his first form as a mentor
Garlic Jr
Jiren
Kefla
Moro
Merus (Replacing Jaco as a mentor)
Muten Roshi
Piccolo Daimo
Paikuhan
Ribrianne
Super Yi Xing Long
Tagoma (Replacing Dodoria as a mentor)
Tao Pai Pai
Uub (GT)
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

PowerLevel Science

Post by PowerLevel Science » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:05 pm

LIST OF CHARACTERS:
  • Good

Son Goku - Kid (Ozharu)
    Son Goku (SSJ / SSJ 2 / SSJ 3 / SSG / SSB / UI)
    Son Gohan - Kid SSJ 2)
    Son Gohan (SSJ / SSJ 2 / Ultimate)
    Vegeta (Ozharu)
    Vegeta - 2nd Form (SSJ / SSJ 2 / SSG / SSB / SP / HA)
    Future Trunks (SSJ / SSJ 2)
    Trunks - Kid (SSJ)
    Vegetto (SSJ / SSB)
    Gogeta (SSJ / SSB)
    Gotenks - SSJ 3
    Broli (SSJ / LSSJ / SP)
    Piccolo
    Kuririn
    Jaco
    Lapis
    Lazuli
    Majin Bu / DaiKaioShin
    Shin
    Uub
    Merus
    Tenshinhan
    Chiaotzu
    Yamcha
    Yajirobai
    Kame' Sen' Nin

Evil

Raditz
    Nappa
    Reakummu
    Ginshao
    Emperor Freezer (2nd Form / Final Form / Golden / UI)
    Cell (Semi Perfect / Perfect / Super Perfect)
    Dabura
    Bu (Gotenks absorbed / Gohan absorbed)
    Kid Bu
    Zamasu - Black Goku (SSJ / SSJ Rosé)
    Zamasu - Fusion
    Hit
    Kefla - Fusion - SSJ 2
    Anilaza - Fusion
    Toppo
    Jiren
    OG 73 - i
    Moerassu (Young / OG 73- i absorbed / UI)
    Granola (SP)
    Shubbi - Transformed (SP)
    Menke (2nd Form / Third Form - SP)
    Stephandrus (UI)

Very hard characters to unlock

Arale
    Tao Pai Pai
    Piccolo Daimao
    King Cold
    Snow
    Beerus
    Bardock
Programmer, scientist, writer and journalist. English is not my first language.

Ultimate power levels list (2007 - 2022):

Power levels studied since 2007.

Chronology: coming soon.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:58 pm

I just finished the Tournament event in Xenoverse 2 and Unlocked The Supreme Kai of Time as a character.

I'm just wondering why they had the tournament area there when they barely did anything with it, that should be a base feature in Xenoverse 3.

There should be three different modes:

Custom/Randomized Tournaments

Online Tournaments against other Players

Tournaments like the Supreme Kai of Time one that is in the base game where you could unlock secret characters, costumes (for CaC and other Cast) and see Special Dialogue for most of the fights. The Tournaments start off easy but increase difficulty with each one. One tournament would be based off OG Dragon Ball but eventually gets harder as they get to the Super and GT tournaments.

The different tournaments they could have:

- World Tournament Stage

- Cell Games Arena

- Otherworld Tournament Stage

- Universe 7 vs Universe 6 Arena

- Tournament of Power Stage

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:33 pm

I want all of the charactes unlock from the start in XV3.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:21 pm

- More customization options for the races and their appearances.
- Customizable clothing. I hate that probably the most basic thing you’d want from a game focused on customization doesn’t let you change the color of your clothes( If that is still a thing in Xenoverse 3, whenever that happens, then I’m not interested because that’s likely a sign of what’s to expect from the game).
- More transformations and abilities for the races. All the SSJ forms, all of the Frieza clan forms, the Majin mark, Toppo’s God of Destruction Form, Ultra Instinct, Namekian Fusion, Buu’s forms and absorption’s, Demon minions, Potential Awakenings, and Kaio Ken all available.
- A much better story mode than VX1 and 2 that features more creative what if scenarios running from OG Dragon Ball to GT.
- Branching main storylines based on choice so you can inject a little bit more consequence to your actions and add some personality into your CC.
- Ability to fight in the side of the villains to ensure that characters learn the right lessons(so Kid Goku doesn’t get lazy after beating Jackie Chun, Vegeta doesn’t die so he can’t be redeemed and be an ally, or make sure Bardock loses so Saiyans don’t end up conquering the universe etc.)
- A totally new set of interactive, innovative, and changing maps to make the battles seem like they’re progressing and more encouraging of exploration.
- More game modes with different objectives to add variety.
- A totally revamped visual style. I like Xenoverse’s cutscenes, but after playing Fighterz, I feel like there’s no going back to the really stiff models and lifeless expressions the in game XV models have.
- More races I guess. I’m personally happy with the five we have but I suppose Cell androids, Kaioshin, and animal people would be cool to see.