Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Xenoverse 3 Wishlist

Post by Teclo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:10 am

Grimlock wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:35 pm
Nope, I highly recommend playing Xenoverse games again as those don't retread Raditz to Buu at all, specially the second installment.
Er... Did you skip all the cutscenes or only do PQs?
https://youtu.be/qDGtGFhh0Pg?t=12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtnlyDmcNZU

Anyway, I'd like an actual original story rather than the usual thing of retelling the same story verbatim or doing what XV does and retelling the same story with a time travel framing device. Better animations too, both in and out of battle (the sudden head-jerks in dialogue is pretty awful, for example) and more interesting customisation both visually (a more detailed character creator) and in terms of moves, how they work, how they interact, so it doesn't feel so shallow. Also I really wish they'd get rid of this odd, plastic look and the neon colours that so many DBZ games seem to have in more recent times.

Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:27 am

I ask you the same, did you skip all the cutscenes or only did the Parallel Quests? XV2 ends after Movie 15 events. And if you buy two specific DLCs, you have Universe 6 saga and Future Trunks saga.
Modern Dragon Ball in a nutshell
Psajdak wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:45 pm
Everything is for the sake of enjoyment, and nostalgia, no one cares about plot

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:55 am

Teclo wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:10 am
I'd like an actual original story rather than the usual thing of retelling the same story verbatim or doing what XV does and retelling the same story with a time travel framing device.
I think XV3 may end up focusing on the events of DB Heroes as XV2 has pretty much covered everything in Z, GT, & Super. XV2 ended with Trunks saving Future Gohan so they may do something with that as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:27 am
I ask you the same, did you skip all the cutscenes or only did the Parallel Quests? XV2 ends after Movie 15 events. And if you buy two specific DLCs, you have Universe 6 saga and Future Trunks saga.
I think you're misunderstanding the other poster's complaint. He's saying that that loads of the game retread the same ground from DBZ, from Raditz to Buu. That material has been covered countless times in the games and it's really boring to go through it again. The fact that XV2 does that again isn't changed by the fact that it covers some events outside of those ones.
sintzu wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:55 am
I think XV3 may end up focusing on the events of DB Heroes as XV2 has pretty much covered everything in Z, GT, & Super. XV2 ended with Trunks saving Future Gohan so they may do something with that as well.
Yeah, but even then it would be even better if they just do their own story - though the thing you say about Trunks saving Future Gohan could lead to a fresh story, so that's cool. I know they feel they have to do something that incorporates the existing cast because they're not going to make a game where you mainly fight original characters as fans wouldn't be happy. I think that's why the games tend to stick to the same material endlessly, the only alternative is a fresh new story that somehow also involves Raditz, Nappa, Cell, Gero, Buu's previous forms etc which doesn't necessarily make sense. Of course, they could leave them out of the story but still have them be playable in other modes, so the story isn't so constrained by having to include all of the classic cast.

Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Teclo wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:46 pm
The fact that XV2 does that again isn't changed by the fact that it covers some events outside of those ones.
So yeah, we reached a point where going from Raditz to Freeza (or Raditz to Trunks by DLCs) is actually yet another retread of Raditz to Buu. And that's not to mention the alternate events (compared to XV1) along with new ones occuring during the sagas...
Modern Dragon Ball in a nutshell
Psajdak wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:45 pm
Everything is for the sake of enjoyment, and nostalgia, no one cares about plot

Zelvin
Regular

Post by Zelvin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Looking over, I'd rather they not try to follow Heroes. There is zero consistency in Heroes and the plot, if you could even call it one, is absolutely nonsensical and exists just to sell merch. That's it. It has no other purpose.

From the very beginning, one of the major things I want for XV3 is a legitimately good story. Not just rehashing the same shit for a third time (when really it's the 30th time. Every DBZ game runs through the same story arcs over and over again). Let there be actual consequences for choices. Let there be a factional divide. Have the Time Breakers still at it with Fu in charge and with Towa returning. After all, you've got time travel. Nobody gonna stay dead that way. Let the Time Patrol split apart between those following Chronoa, aka Supreme Kai of Time, aka Tika (because I love calling her Tika), and those that've come to follow Trunks who has become blinded by his desire to stop all evil across time.

Have it be that Trunks' rejection of Gohan's death in his future and his guilt over it drives him down a dark path, one he's being pushed down by unseen forces. Have Trunks lead his Time Champions to stop every evil across time to create a "Perfect Timeline". And have Tika lead her Time Enforcers as those dedicated to maintaining the continuity of the universe, for better or worse.

And let the player CHOOSE where they side. Have them follow the break after graduating from the Patroller Academy, watch as the internal conflicts make themselves present on missions and watch as the camaraderie between Trunks and Tika breaks down with the constant efforts against Fu and his Time Breakers divides their stances more and more until Trunks forms his own group. Let the players choose where they end up, and have their decisions carry weight. And even the chance to change their own heading, to correct their own course and joining a different faction.

There is an unbelievable degree of potential in this and in such a story. But they refuse to put in the effort to make it happen.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:11 pm

I'd enjoy a matchmaking thing in the next game. In addition to the tails and Legendary Super Saiyan choice. And more hair options.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Ongam

Post by Ongam » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Demon Realm arc, with new playable characters (Demon Gods Dabura, Demigra, Pultine, Shrum, Salsa, Towa, Robelu, etc.)

Tournament of Power arc, with even more playable characters, mostly the major ones (Jiren and Hit again of course, Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne again, Kakunsa, Rozie, Katopesla, etc.)

IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:06 pm

1. Amazing graphics. Xenoverse just has to be one of the most aesthetically unappealing Dragon Ball game I've ever played. I don't know where to start. I can't tell if they were trying to do something new or if something went wrong with the team in charge, but it was absolutely awful, and I really mean that. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to take the lazy and cheaper route by importing some slightly spruced up DBH models, but I hope I'm wrong.

2. They probably won't be able to get away with giving us Z again, but this doesn't mean that what they make would automatically be good though, if the game is anything to go by, I hope they can find better writers. Maybe Toriyama or Toyotaro could help them.

3. An opening. Almost every Dragon Ball game has them and I know for a fact that it gets everyone psyched up. Xenoverse 1 had one, but the animation and art direction was poor, the song didn't fit, and it wasn't even made for the game, Flow's cover of Cha-La Head-Cha-La existed like 2 years before Xenoverse came out. All Xenoverse 2 had was a poorly animated promotional video for the Time Patrol. They were both extremely disappointing.

4. Make the CaCs more than just moving props. I'd like for the team to give them personalities like Shallot or that Ultimate Tenkaichi CaC.

5. Improved transformations. They'll probably fix the hair spikes for Super Saiyan, but I'm hoping they take some artistic liberties with the other races and give them more.

6. Character development. It's really just the CaC, Trunks, Chronoa, and sometimes Goku in this game fighting Mira and Towa. It feels empty is what I'm saying. Take a page from Heroes and make some characters actual members of the Time Patrol. And since this game is for-sure going to cover the DBS storylines then we might as well include the other 36 deities. We could even see what goes on inside their universes.

7. Hair Physics and transformation cutscenes.

8. Characters from Dragon Ball Fusions.

9. A better soundtrack.

10. Pleeeeeease fix the energy beam attacks. Using them is like buying some horrid knockoff toy.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time