Random Game Ideas

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Random Game Ideas

Post by FreddleFrooby » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:04 pm

A simple-ish rundown (might not be able to explain myself right. Long english posts screw me over a bit, not being my first lenguage) of a couple of ideas I've had for a Dragon Ball game. Wanted to share them!

First Idea: Character Variations

A simple concept, may be difficult to actually implement. Variations allow the roster to technically be smaller, and not have to be filled up with different versions of one character.
In the roster you pick, let's say, Goku. After picking him, you'd be given a choice between his variations. Each variation has different transformations and movesets, sometimes even stats. For example: Goku: Early (23rd Budokai to Radditz) would have weighted clothing he can remove, while Goku: Kaio Trained (Saiyan Arc and Freeza Arc) would use the Kaio-ken.

Second Idea: Transformation Tiers

- Permanent: after transforming, you cannot drop back down to an earlier form at will. Examples: Majin Boo's absorptions, Cell's forms, Hirudegarn's super form, Freeza's first four forms.

- Regular: You can access these at will, to drop them, if you please. Hell, even go further beyond, depending on the character. Example: Super Saiyans

- Draining: Upon accessing the form, your stamina rapidly drains, removing your power up. Examples: Freeza's 100%, Kaio-ken

Any thoughts, or questions? Again, long englis walls of text trip me up a bit. I could try clarify any doubts.

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Re: Random Game Ideas

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:25 am

I wanna see an RPG or an action game (hell, maybe even a Kingdom Hearts clone) about Gotenks screwing around in the Evolution universe. I'm dead fucking serious.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:23 am

I wanna see a game that goes from Pilaf to Boo. What a crazy idea. Also Dragon Ball sports game, I made a Dragon Team on Madden 12 (Vegeta at FS, Tenshinhan at SS, Yamcha and Kuririn at WR, Goku at MLB, Gohan at QB, Piccolo at OLB, Goten at RB, Trunks and Roshi at CB and 17 at TE), and it was fun.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:32 am

An infamous prequel to the awesome game of Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans showcasing the childhoods of Bardock, Gine, Goku, and Pan.

P. S. With the secret final bosses being Final Form Mira, Beerus, Hit, and Ize respectively.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:I wanna see a game that goes from Pilaf to Boo. What a crazy idea. Also Dragon Ball sports game, I made a Dragon Team on Madden 12 (Vegeta at FS, Tenshinhan at SS, Yamcha and Kuririn at WR, Goku at MLB, Gohan at QB, Piccolo at OLB, Goten at RB, Trunks and Roshi at CB and 17 at TE), and it was fun.
Pilaf to Boo? Who would have thought??? :lol: (yet we are still waiting for one of those)
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:48 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:I wanna see a game that goes from Pilaf to Boo. What a crazy idea. Also Dragon Ball sports game, I made a Dragon Team on Madden 12 (Vegeta at FS, Tenshinhan at SS, Yamcha and Kuririn at WR, Goku at MLB, Gohan at QB, Piccolo at OLB, Goten at RB, Trunks and Roshi at CB and 17 at TE), and it was fun.
Pilaf to Boo? Who would have thought??? :lol: (yet we are still waiting for one of those)
The problem would be that about half of DB hasn't gotten any fighters that could fly. Maybe if it's a 2D fighter from the Pilaf arc to the Boo arc, the non-flying people can jump high enough to reach the flying people?
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:09 pm

I still want that in-universe Great Saiyaman Beat 'em Up I daydreamed up several years back. Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyaman 2 as the playable characters, protecting Satan City from criminals and all that. And since it's in-universe (ie designed as though the game was made by, and for, people in the Dragon Ball universe) not one-shotting random street thugs would make sense, and a whole range of gag possiblities become available.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Xyex wrote:I still want that in-universe Great Saiyaman Beat 'em Up I daydreamed up several years back. Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyaman 2 as the playable characters, protecting Satan City from criminals and all that. And since it's in-universe (ie designed as though the game was made by, and for, people in the Dragon Ball universe) not one-shotting random street thugs would make sense, and a whole range of gag possiblities become available.
And of course, the strongest unlockable extra character in the game would be the illustrious world champion Mr. Satan, right?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Xyex wrote:I still want that in-universe Great Saiyaman Beat 'em Up I daydreamed up several years back. Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyaman 2 as the playable characters, protecting Satan City from criminals and all that. And since it's in-universe (ie designed as though the game was made by, and for, people in the Dragon Ball universe) not one-shotting random street thugs would make sense, and a whole range of gag possiblities become available.
And of course, the strongest unlockable extra character in the game would be the illustrious world champion Mr. Satan, right?
I think Monaka was Mr. Satan's student, right? Perfect DLC material along with Super Satan.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Another RGI would be a true sequel to Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, all of the non-canon villains being secret final bosses in a Zerg Rush-style match.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:33 pm

FreddleFrooby wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:
The problem would be that about half of DB hasn't gotten any fighters that could fly. Maybe if it's a 2D fighter from the Pilaf arc to the Boo arc, the non-flying people can jump high enough to reach the flying people?
I was more talking about a Budokai fighter.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:51 pm

I always had an idea for a Turn-based Strategy game, movement would be on a square based grid across various terrains (Flight would be enabled later to add some extra advantages, though keeping yourself in the air would leave you wide out in the open to be attacked). All characters would have a basic punch and ki blast attack, but differing super moves, and as they level up they gain more side effects for their attacks. Like, running up to start pummelling the enemy could have a chance of knocking the enemy back (Maybe into a hazard or a team mate).

Positioning would be key, if you have one character perform a ki super, a nearby team mate can be commanded to add their own power to the attack. When one of your characters who are absolutely vital to your team are in danger of a devastating attack, another character near by has a slight chance of being allowed to get in the way and either repel the attack or take the damage (Piccolo style). Each turn grants the characters one bar of ki, more if the character uses the turn to charge up. Transformations damage near by enemies, enemies could be hit into walls, some pieces of the terrain can be hit into enemies for extra damage. Adding to that there'd be character cards, which are used to give characters passive buffs (Like 'When your health goes below 50% your damage increases' or '50% chance to launch a counter attack') as well as setting a party leader that gives buffs to the entire team (A buff that can be modified with character cards). 'Increases the damage to all Vegeta moves', '25% chance of attacking twice in one turn', '50% chance to become invisible when hit with a debuff', esc.

Along with the usual beam clash, melee clash, fusion mini-games.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:54 pm

I still want an open world DBZ game where you can choose to defend the earth or destroy it like 17 and 18. And whatever is destroyed stays destroyed. The people can start to rebuild or fight back against you if evil. If good you would fight villains as they try to do the same thing.

There'd be small parts of the Z story but is mostly free roam

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:23 am

FreddleFrooby wrote:
Kaboom wrote:
I think Monaka was Mr. Satan's student, right? Perfect DLC material along with Super Satan.
See? It's perfect, right? Streets of Rage gameplay + Dragon Ball humor, what could possibly be better?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:13 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:I wanna see a game that goes from Pilaf to Boo. What a crazy idea.
I think such a thing could be easily accomplished if it were a Legacy of Goku or type of game. Flying would let you warp to different areas, just like how it works in Pokemon.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:38 pm

1) Have an Assassin's Creed Animus-style game of Dragon Ball: Xenoverse?

2) Have a crossover with Dragon Ball GT and Crash Bandicoot?

3) Have Zamasu acquire Mephiles the Dark's body instead of Goku's?

4) Have Frieza revive his father and grandfather in Resurrection F?

5) Clone Future Gohan and send him to replace Present Gohan?

6) Have the Masked Saiyan interrupt the fight between SSJ2 Goku and Majin Vegeta?

7 ) Have Teen Gohan train with Goku, Piccolo, and Future Trunks following the Cell Games?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:59 pm

It doesn't matter what genre, as long as the game allows long branching paths.

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:23 pm

Lol just made a team like this in NCAA 05. Beat Dartmouth 80-3, Goku threw for 3 TDs rushed for 2, Tien had 2 receiving TDs and an 87 yard kick return to open the game. Chiaotzu to his credit made all the extra points and one chip shot FG. Vegeta had 4 or 5 sacks. And lastly, Gohan rushed for 5 TDs. Forgot to/was to lazy to incorporate Trunks, Piccolo, and the rest of the gang, but later I'm gonna add them in and then make an all-villains team so I can play the Dragon Bowl :lol:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:34 pm

1) Taking on the role of the Time Breakers and having everyone Vegeta knows watch him do his Bingo Dance as a form of revenge for his dickery.

2) Have a distortion in time take Super Vegeta from when he let Semi-Perfect Cell go and leave him when the Big Bang started to create the Universe.

3) Potara Fusion Majin Vegeta (while in his Super Saiyan 2 form) and Present Zamasu together as the reason for a Goku Black-centered game.
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:56 pm

PelicanDynasty wrote:
Lol just made a team like this in NCAA 05. Beat Dartmouth 80-3, Goku threw for 3 TDs rushed for 2, Tien had 2 receiving TDs and an 87 yard kick return to open the game. Chiaotzu to his credit made all the extra points and one chip shot FG. Vegeta had 4 or 5 sacks. And lastly, Gohan rushed for 5 TDs. Forgot to/was to lazy to incorporate Trunks, Piccolo, and the rest of the gang, but later I'm gonna add them in and then make an all-villains team so I can play the Dragon Bowl :lol:
Cumberland vs Georgia Tech, part II :lol:

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸