"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Fighters" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:00 am

Kanassa wrote:
Noah wrote:Did people actually didn't like it XENOVERSE 2? I saw a bunch praising as one of the best DBZ games ever in the last year
What forum were you on? I've not seen that type of praise often. Though to be fair Xenoverse 1 & 2 sales do speak highly of them
A lot of people seem to dislike Xenoverse 2 because they don't want to learn the mechanics and/or the game doesn't explain them. There are all sorts of cancels, all sorts of evasives, ways to dodge without teleporting and so forth but people can't do it write away and think they arent part of the game. That is my experience anyway.

We shouldn't be comparing this to the Xenoverse series at all though. Its an entirely different game. I know I will enjoy both...for those who cant get into Xenoverse 2 I hope they have better luck here.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

The Galactic Tyrant
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by The Galactic Tyrant » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:42 am

Great News, I have been waiting for this since Super DBZ. Hope it turns out good. Big roster isn't important to me 15-20 Characters and i'd be happy, as long as they all play in different styles.

Here's a quick wallpaper i made for all individual Dragon Ball Playstation Games.

http://tinypic.com/m/jp7b12/3
Formally Known As SSj Gogito (Wait Who Was That)

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:53 am

Gotta say this was unexpected. First they bring back Dimps to make a non-Dimps style game with Xenoverse 1 and 2, and now they do give us a more traditional fighter only it isn't Dimps.

While I haven't played any Guilty Gear game I do own the first Blaz Blue game which is pretty damn enjoyable, and also manages to have a really in-depth story on top of being a great fighter.

I actually think this could sell really well, especially if the game takes off competitively. It's already gathered the attention of the Fighting Game Community.

Maximillian Dood, aka owner of the biggest fighting game channel on Youtube has already expressed excitement about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibmer5D8gbM

And its being covered on Fighter Generation, which is probably the single greatest fighting game coverage site on the internet.
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/scree ... ghters.htm

I can definitely see this game breaking into a whole new audience. Two of my favourite things happen to be competitive fighting games and Dragonball, and the possibility of the 2 coming together is very exciting.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:42 am

Yuli Ban wrote:That Dark Age of DB games between 2009 and 2015 was degenerate trash.
I think RB1 was a decent start for Spike but they really went downhill with the next 2. I think it would've been better if they got Dimps back for a Burst limit 2 in 2010 and gave spike 2 years to work on RB2.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:14 am

Yuli Ban wrote:I'm happy that everyone's happy. I'm also happy that we're getting a quality developer to do this. That Dark Age of DB games between 2009 and 2015 was degenerate trash. And it's interesting that it was a period crested on both sides by non-collection Dimps games— Burst Limit and Xenoverse. Spike utterly lost the plot after Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and I've never even heard of Artdink before or since.
Raging Blast 1/2 were pretty good. Otherwise I agree.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:49 pm

Do you guys think this game could cater to the fighting game crowd without isolating casuals.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:51 pm

shadd21 wrote:Do you guys think this game could cater to the fighting game crowd without isolating casuals.
Yes, because all casuals want is a decent story mode.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:58 pm

shadd21 wrote:Do you guys think this game could cater to the fighting game crowd without isolating casuals.
Their console releases usually include meaty single player modes with tons of extra stuff to unlock like artworks and videos. Also, not only Persona 4 Arena used the most basic motions and gave you an auto-combo, Blazblue and Guilty Gear Xrd include a simplified optional control system for people that just want to press buttons and see cool stuff happen.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:00 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Their console releases usually include meaty single player modes with tons of extra stuff to unlock like artworks and videos. Also, not only Persona 4 Arena used the most basic motions and gave you an auto-combo, Blazblue and Guilty Gear Xrd include a simplified optional control system for people that just want to press buttons and see cool stuff happen.
That is encouraging. I guess it depends how much time they really put into it. Hopefully they dont just slap the DB name on it and expect it to sell. However from what I'm hearing I dont think that will be the case.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:09 pm

How much do you guys think will be revealed tomorrow at E3?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:38 pm

LightBing wrote:How much do you guys think will be revealed tomorrow at E3?
I expect we're going to get is a cutscene rendered teaser trailer and a date for the private/open beta. I think they'll save the gameplay reveal and all the other bits, such as character roster, the day it will be released in Japan, and the season pass details, for the TGS later in September this year. That's when they will to spill the beans on everything regarding the game.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Its easy as far as I see it. Casuals want the DB immersion (Budokai 3's atmosphere and design) and competitive fighters just want gameplay. All it needs to appeal to casuals is just a serviceable enough storymode, and a few single player modes that give them a variety of objectives,and a conquest mode (like Soul Calibur 2 & 3 had) or an interactive storymode like Budokai 3, maybe an item system to collect like capsules and character customization stuff like costumes and additives, and you're done.

Hopefully the game will also make the controls easy to understand, but without taking away technicality to them. Its very rare for any fighting game to meet that compromise, but I think its in its best interest to make it difficult and groom casuals into competitive players instead of dumbing the game down for a less invested audience, as more recent fighting games are starting to painfully do.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
LightBing wrote:How much do you guys think will be revealed tomorrow at E3?
I expect we're going to get is a cutscene rendered teaser trailer and a date for the private/open beta. I think they'll save the gameplay reveal and all the other bits, such as character roster, the day it will be released in Japan, and the season pass details, for the TGS later in September this year. That's when they will to spill the beans on everything regarding the game.
Seems reasonable. But I hope they give us a bit more, maybe announcing some of the game modes and give a pick-a-boo of some characters. I expect Beerus to be the only Super character in.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:49 pm

LightBing wrote:Seems reasonable. But I hope they give us a bit more, maybe announcing some of the game modes and give a pick-a-boo of some characters. I expect Beerus to be the only Super character in.
Wow, really? I'd expect them to put in at least a few more of the Super people in there.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:11 pm

I think Beerus, God Goku, Golden Freeza, Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta are pretty likely to be in.
Beyond that I think we might get Hit and maybe Goku Black.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
LightBing wrote:Seems reasonable. But I hope they give us a bit more, maybe announcing some of the game modes and give a pick-a-boo of some characters. I expect Beerus to be the only Super character in.
Wow, really? I'd expect them to put in at least a few more of the Super people in there.
Well, I assume the God forms will be in as different skins or in-game transformations and not new characters. Zamasu/Goku Black are a bit to recent, Whis didn't fight enough to be a character. Hit is a maybe, the other U6 people are not important enough.
Tagoma and Shisami... :lol:

I'm taking into a account the rumours of the limited roster of twenty something characters.
With such a number there are very few spots open.

These should be given:
Goku, Vegeta, Adult/Teen Gohan, Piccolo, Freeza, Gohan, Cell, Boo, One of the twin Androids, Kuririn and Future Trunks that's 11.

These are extremely likely:
Kid Gohan, Mr. Boo, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Beerus, Ginyu, Dr.Gero/#19, Raditz, Nappa and Goten/Trunks/Gotenks and that makes 21 in total.

That doesn't leave a lot of room and I might have missed a couple of relevant characters. Of course Super characters might appear as bosses in some type of arcade or story mode.

dariend777

Post by dariend777 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Well...I'm a COMPLETE NOOB when it comes to fighting games so I really hope this game has a low entry barrier so a beginner like myself can get into it and learn. I'm looking to get Guilty Gear xrd rev (since it's the same developers) before this game releases to try to learn the combat system and get at least decent at it. Hopefully the combat in FighterZ will be similar enough :think:
"I would rather have an inferiority complex and be pleasantly surprised, than have a superiority complex and be rudely awakened."
Vanna Bonta quotes

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Just saw the trailer in the Microsoft part of E3, the game looks nice and quite fast.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Microsoft conference just showed the trailer... Looks very 'meh' to me. Especially the backgrounds, something just seems... Off. And no indication of GT or Super characters.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Xbox conference just showed trailer! Guys its beatiful! Looks like marvel vs capcom 3 cross with one of thosr mugen games it looks amazing!

Ssj3 goku and golden frieza confirmed