"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:16 pm

LightBing wrote:The only think that irks me is naming Kuririn's attack Scatter Kamehameha, I don't know if it was called like that in other games, not every ki wave is a bloody Kamehameha.
VegettoEX wrote:but I don't have every other video game in front of me to check for precedent.
The Japanese version of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 also places the technique under the "Kamehameha" category. I don't know if it's written "Scatter Kamehameha" though. And sorry for the late in answering, I don't enter this thread very often.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:31 pm

I wonder will their be an original story mode or just hitting the old beats again.

Considering that many character start out in SS or have transformations from much later in the series right off the bat, I can't see the same old story being told thank kami. What story will they tell? No clue.

I'm hoping for something with an original villain.

Edit: Also I'm betting Jiren will be a secret/hidden boss character for the game.

Zidiane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zidiane » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I wonder will their be an original story mode or just hitting the old beats again.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Zidiane wrote:Image
Is that image legit!? If so... HELL YES!

Now I'm getting hyped for this game! :clap: May it brings new stuff, content, information and that adds something to the lore and franchise of Dragon Ball! Not that crap and boring "Raditz to Buu" nonsense without anything interesting going on.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:22 pm

I'd be cool if it was just some sort of arcade mode. Each person has like a small story, and a big ending after you finish arcade mode. I think Shin Budokai did that? I know it had the different endings. Super Sonic Warriors had cool what if stuff too.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:30 pm

As much as I would like the traditional Raditz to Boo Story Mode, I think the developers can bring some interesting new what-if stories as in Supersonic Warriors series.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:23 am

I'm a little happier if it has a somewhat good story mode....since that is really all I intend on playing.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:15 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I'm a little happier if it has a somewhat good story mode....since that is really all I intend on playing.
To be honest, you're probably not gonna enjoy the game much then. Personally I have a small feeling that the story mode wont be anything more than a slide show summerized version of the actual story.. I have no idea how long they've been working on this game, but I dont expect some extravagant story mode w/ beautiful cutscenes.. Arcs isnt even known for that type of thing I think. In their defense, I feel like at this point they're expecting majority of the people who'll buy this game to already know the story, hence all the references in the gameplay of the characters. Which is absolutely fine if you ask me, if I wanna see Piccolo kill Raditz and Goku, I'll just pull the clip up on YouTube.

People who arent into competitive fighting games or the scene wont enjoy this game for no more than maybe 2-3 months unless theres gonna be thousands of unlockables (meaning costumes etc) which I doubt or a bunch of planned DLC. Graphics and raw presentation (raw presentation meaning planet explosions etc) aside, aesthetics are really gonna take a back seat to the core gameplay for this game. Which I dont mind at all.

Anyways, any word on how to get a beta code?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:26 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I'm a little happier if it has a somewhat good story mode....since that is really all I intend on playing.
To be honest, you're probably not gonna enjoy the game much then. Personally I have a small feeling that the story mode wont be anything more than a slide show summerized version of the actual story.. I have no idea how long they've been working on this game, but I dont expect some extravagant story mode w/ beautiful cutscenes.. Arcs isnt even known for that type of thing I think. In their defense, I feel like at this point they're expecting majority of the people who'll buy this game to already know the story, hence all the references in the gameplay of the characters. Which is absolutely fine if you ask me, if I wanna see Piccolo kill Raditz and Goku, I'll just pull the clip up on YouTube.

People who arent into competitive fighting games or the scene wont enjoy this game for no more than maybe 2-3 months unless theres gonna be thousands of unlockables (meaning costumes etc) which I doubt or a bunch of planned DLC. Graphics and raw presentation (raw presentation meaning planet explosions etc) aside, aesthetics are really gonna take a back seat to the core gameplay for this game. Which I dont mind at all.

Anyways, any word on how to get a beta code?
Well even if its an arcade type story mode I'm cool with that. I'm just not a huge pvp fighter. If there are challenging battles solo Ill be cool.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheAmericanDream » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:19 pm

I believe Preorders on Amazon have been up for a while now, but I'm still holding out for a "premium version" or deluxe+season pass version of the game because I just know its coming.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Just a friendly reminder that the sign ups for the closed beta begin tomorrow. It may be first come, first serve so get in there and secure a place as quick as possible.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Just a friendly reminder that the sign ups for the closed beta begin tomorrow. It may be first come, first serve so get in there and secure a place as quick as possible.
Where are we supposed to sign in for the beta?
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Just a friendly reminder that the sign ups for the closed beta begin tomorrow. It may be first come, first serve so get in there and secure a place as quick as possible.
Where are we supposed to sign in for the beta?
It hasn't been stated yet, weirdly enough. I'd play it safe and subscribe to Bandai Namco's newsletter and mail system. Once the beta drops, Bando Namco will be the first to announce it and most very likely give you an email immediately to tell you where and how to sign up for the beta. That was the case with the Xenoverse beta's.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 pm

The dates for the closed beta have been announced and it will take place on September 16-18. However, the date for the chance to signup for the closed beta have also been pushed back to August 22.

Here’s the full announcement via Bandai Namco’s Tumblr:
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. would like to thank all its fans for their tremendous support for DRAGON BALL FighterZ. We recently announced at EVO 2017 that the closed beta sign-ups for DRAGON BALL FighterZ would begin on July 26, 2017; due to the volume of excitement and enthusiasm surrounding this announcement, we have decided to expand the capacity of the closed beta in an effort to enable more players to participate in the program.

We are also working to bolster our background systems to ensure that the closed beta registration and selection process can accept the volume of anticipated sign-ups.

However, these efforts will necessitate a slight delay for the closed beta sign-up date, which will move to August 22, 2017 with the official start of the DRAGON BALL FighterZ Closed Beta officially commencing from September 16 -18. We would like to thank all of our fans for their patience and understanding; we look forward to sharing more news about the DRAGON BALL FighterZ Closed Beta program soon. Thank you.
Considering the timing of this announcement, literally on the day before the original date for the chance to sign up for the closed beta, this seemed to be a last minute decision. Oh well.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:55 pm

I'm fine with this. This was a good decision, honestly, with all the hype and excitement surrounding the game. Better to delay it and let more players test it out with a more stable experience than fewer players with a shoddy one.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:59 pm

I don't mind this delay because I won't sign up anyway. But companies that delay their products release to ensure they improve their quality have my big respect.

After it comes out, people will remember more how good/bad the game was and not how many time they waited for it.

The fact that the closed Beta will officially happen from September 16-18 and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will start getting released on September 19 is hilarious. That game is gonna get slayed!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Hopefully, they will show us the character introduction trailers of Krillin and Piccolo before mid-september... Really looking forward! :)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:11 pm

How would you guys feel if they brought back Majin Ozotto for FighterZ? Like have him be a boss at the end of the Arcade mode or something similar to that.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Personally, I'm in this mostly for the multiplayer, so I'd prefer them not spending their resources on a boss character that is CPU only, and only in single player. If it also works as a normal character, it's fine, but then why Majin Ozotto? He only appeared in only one arcade game that most people don't even know about, and even his moveset is not too interesting.