"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:49 am

Noah wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:We already have Golden Frieza, a Super era transformastion, Super Characters and Forms are kind of a given after that.
I love how people pretend that Ressurection Of F was not a DBZ movie and yes just a DBS story arc :D
And I love how my fellow man's ability for arrogant, pretenceness contunusly caueses that to make assumetions about what I think and only succeeds in lowering my opionon of them. Its actually rather disheartening when it comes from people who I feel should know better.

The Super era is what I retrocatively call everying after BoG's. While Super would not exist for a few years later, Super would not exist without BoG and BoG is, while altered, aprt of Super's cannon. The two are tiedtogether.

So they could just have Beerus, SSB Goku and Golden Frieza and I would still say the same thing.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 am

Lord Frieza wrote:And I love how my fellow man's ability for arrogant, pretenceness contunusly caueses that to make assumetions about what I think and only succeeds in lowering my opionon of them. Its actually rather disheartening when it comes from people who I feel should know better.
You're in no position to be tossing out these kinds of condemnations, and nothing leading up to this post is representative of Kanzenshuu.

If you feel a post does not live up to the spirit of the community guidelines, report it using the built-in functionality and leave the moderating to the moderators.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:56 am

EA575 wrote:majinboo-z? Is there another Majin Buu in Super or GT I'm not familiar with? Well, besides Uub, but technically he's just Uub.
Well, there was that one-off Skinny Buu form, but that would be an odd thing to use from Super.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 am

EA575 wrote:majinboo-z? Is there another Majin Buu in Super or GT I'm not familiar with? Well, besides Uub, but technically he's just Uub.
Yeah, I'm puzzled by that, too. Unless they are adding the Buu from Super that has the skinny transformation, why did they distinct it with "majinboo-z" as his other versions (Super Buu and Kid Buu) are all in the same arc in DBZ?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:03 pm

VegettoEX wrote: You're in no position to be tossing out these kinds of condemnations, and nothing leading up to this post is representative of Kanzenshuu.

If you feel a post does not live up to the spirit of the community guidelines, report it using the built-in functionality and leave the moderating to the moderators.

Ah your probably right. Not as if I'm unguilty of being a sarcastic a##hole, over bearing knowall or just a snarchy git my self. But at least I can own up to it and say sorry.
Noah wrote:snip
Sorry for being an arse.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:The Super era is what I retrocatively call everying after BoG's. While Super would not exist for a few years later, Super would not exist without BoG and BoG is, while altered, aprt of Super's cannon. The two are tiedtogether.

So they could just have Beerus, SSB Goku and Golden Frieza and I would still say the same thing.
No problem, mate. We clearly have a different view about what is 'Super era' that I consider to be everything past the retellings (Episode 28)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:46 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Yeah, I'm puzzled by that, too. Unless they are adding the Buu from Super that has the skinny transformation, why did they distinct it with "majinboo-z" as his other versions (Super Buu and Kid Buu) are all in the same arc in DBZ?
It has nothing to do with the era. Prior to the splits, the fat Majin Boo is typically labeled as "Good" Boo, which is represented here in Japanese as "zen". Pretty standard for all the guides and games.

Good Boo - (Zen)
Pure Evil Boo - (Junsui'aku)
Evil Boo - (Aku)
Pure Boo - (Junsui)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:57 pm

I to a look at the blazeblue games and the they started with 11 then worked their way up to 28.

While we cannot guess how many will be in the final game proper but I'll hazard a guess.

We're already at 9.

Goku
Gohan
Vegeta
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu
Future Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin

With that in mind I feel that some things ar a given. No non transfromastion aulternate forms for characters unless necisasry being the big one.

So Goku and Vegeta Blue and 4 are possible sinc they refelect GT and Super. Majin Buu is his fat from is likely going to be the only verstion of the characters in, Kid Buu is a maybe but thats a slot filled for a more unique characters. I'm betting no hemchmen or lesser threats, only heroes and big bads, Buu it techinquly both.

Heroes:

Ultimate Gohan

Goku SSB and SS4

Vegeta SSB and SS4

Tien

Yamcha

Roshi

SS4 Gogeta

SSB Vegito

Maybe's: Videl and Jaco

Villains and Antaganists:

Baby Vegeta

Omgea Shenron

Beerus

Hit

Goku Black (SSR)

Merged Zamasu

Jiren

Maybe's Broly or Kale, Cooler, Ribrianne, Caulifla, Toppo, Zamasu, Nouva Shenron, Dabura.

Unknown Conitunity:

17 - Android arc, Super 17 arc or ToP arc. Since ToP 17 was poplulare and still running he's currently the most likely.

Not counting the maybes or the potential unique big bad the game may have as its final boss, that takes us to about 27.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
It has nothing to do with the era. Prior to the splits, the fat Majin Boo is typically labeled as "Good" Boo, which is represented here in Japanese as "zen". Pretty standard for all the guides and games.

Good Boo - (Zen)
Pure Evil Boo - (Junsui'aku)
Evil Boo - (Aku)
Pure Boo - (Junsui)
Oh right! I knew they labeled each Buu differently than ours, but I didn't know Good Buu was denoted as "zen."
So I guess this means Super/Evil Buu and Kid/Pure Buu might be coming? That would make sense because their fighting styles are very different from each other.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:50 am

So based on the website it seems Fighters might have 17 or so characters.
http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/08/13/s ... haracters/
And an interview seems to confirm 10+ stages.
http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/08/14/d ... opponents/

And finally I'm hearing on twitter that SSGSS Goku and Vegeta got confirmed in Jump with scans to come.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:46 am

Here's an untranslated scan of SSB, and SSBKK. Now we can finally dispense with the notion that Super stuff won't be in the game because of the Z in the title.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:47 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:So based on the website it seems Fighters might have 17 or so characters.
http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/08/13/s ... haracters/
And an interview seems to confirm 10+ stages.
http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/08/14/d ... opponents/

And finally I'm hearing on twitter that SSGSS Goku and Vegeta got confirmed in Jump with scans to come.
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/16/dr ... tory-mode/

http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/08/17/s ... -fighterz/

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:00 am

Whoa! I'm legit in shock. I didn't think they were going to add in the SSBs (also #16!). Didn't think they had a diverse enough moveset to warrant a new slot.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 am

Whoa not only SSGSS but SSGSSKK too? Awesomeeee!!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:57 am

Blue Goku with Kaio-Ken? Awesome. Vegeta is also looking very good.

But the what-if story mode with 16 seems lame... Couldn't they get someone else as the main villain? I hope they will handle it well, in the end Dragon Ball has always been full of lame ideas which were handled very well and resulted in something awesome and entertaining.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:32 am

Seems the Resurrection F costumes truly are forgotten now with the Cell Arc costumes being the default costumes again in the games. It was nice while it lasted.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:10 am

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/dragon-ball- ... story-mode
The latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals that both Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Super Saiyan Blue Vegata are playable in Dragon Ball FighterZ, and the latest issue of V-Jump reveals that both Android 16 and Android 18 are also playable.

Super Saiyan Blue Goku can use “10x God Kamehameha.” Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta can use “Final Flash Attack.” Android 16 can use “Hell’s Flash” at its maximum output. Android 18 can use “Accel Dance,” which is a combination attack that summons Android 17. It is unknown if this is the only capacity in which Android 17 will appear.
I hope SSBKK will still be an install. SSBKKx10 Kamehameha is going to look awesome in this game, though.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:49 am

A reminder that alternate versions of characters like SSB Goku and Vegeta aren't taking slots in the roster from anybody. It's relatively easy to create separate characters like them as they share the bulk of their assets; that's why they're not in their RoF outfits. Even if they gave them different specials or additional normals, that'd still nothing compared to the workload of creating a new character from scratch.

If characters like Ultimate Gohan, Kid Boo or Kid Goku make it in, those are the ones that should be complained about. If you're so inclined.

Looking at SS Goku in DBFZ, I've been somewhat worried that he's too basic. I hope SSB Goku is a little more technical in his execution and toolkit. Maybe give him links? This game seems to be lacking them.

sophitia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sophitia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:01 am

Yes! I'm happy Blue and 16. :clap:
emperior wrote:Blue Goku with Kaio-Ken? Awesome. Vegeta is also looking very good.

But the what-if story mode with 16 seems lame... Couldn't they get someone else as the main villain? I hope they will handle it well, in the end Dragon Ball has always been full of lame ideas which were handled very well and resulted in something awesome and entertaining.
Where does it state that 16 is the main villain?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:07 am

sophitia wrote:Yes! I'm happy Blue and 16. :clap:
emperior wrote:Blue Goku with Kaio-Ken? Awesome. Vegeta is also looking very good.

Where does it state that 16 is the main villain?
Someone has translated it and it turns out the story is a what-if centered around 16 being revived and going after the Z Warriors.
Now it could turn out to be very good, depending on when the story is set (the best would be the 7 years gap between Cell and Buu) and how they will characterize 16. I also wonder who will revive him and why.
Oh, it also seems like 17 will just be in 18's super attack, and Kaio-Ken works like Golden Freeza.
I also personally believe Yamcha will be in, as his VA tweeted he was exhausted from voicing Yamcha a while ago and Yamcha hasn't appeared on Super ever since.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical