"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 pm

KayDash wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Under Krillin: Looks like the cave level
From Battle of Gods?
Maybe, though there's also that cave level Raging Blast had; can't remember what material that was from
AgitoZ wrote:
Kanassa wrote:The boardgame/map looks really boring.
I respectfully disagree. It reminds me of Budokai 2's story mode which is a plus in my eyes. I know it was the black sheep at the time, but going back to it was a breath of fresh air after so many games just painstakingly going from Raditz to Boo every single time. I welcome a different approach to the story mode which seems much more streamlined and doesn't waste tons of time.
I wasn't commenting on the idea of a board game overworld map; I actually thinks that's a good idea, though I do think Budokai 2 really fucked it up and hope FighterZ can do it well.

I was saying that it looked boring from a visual standpoint. Budokai 2's over-worlds were very visually appealing, even if the board game parts really looked tacked on over the art.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:55 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Ginyu summons the other members of the Ginyu Force so that's cool. Nappa can summon a Saibaman.
I expected to see Ginyu in this game also he does the same thing in Supersonic Warriors 2 :)
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Also, what about movie/game villains? Such as Broly, Janemba, Bojack…
I can't imagine this game without Broly, I mean what was the last DB fighting game we had without him? But I would prefer Coola and have his moveset similar with Ginyu, being able to summon his Armored Squadron :D
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Here's the cover art:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Gosh, this looks bad and predictable, just the same ol' SSJ Goku in the cover. I prefered cover arts with a bunch of characters like the Budokai Tenkaichi series as Lord Beerus addressed.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:37 am

"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:44 am

It's worth mentioning Persona 4 Arena has alternative story endings based on dialogue options, so that might be in this game too.

As for the henchmen debacle. Take away Vegeta, Freeza, Cell and Buu, what villains in DBZ come to mind? The obvious answers would be the Androids, the Ginyu Force, Raditz and Nappa. Androids destroyed the entire world in one timeline, Ginyu Force leave a big impact despite how easily Goku takes them down, Raditz delivers the biggest bombshell in the entire franchise and Nappa would have killed all of Dragon Team if not for Goku showing up. People seem to forget the villains of DBZ are more then just the main 4.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:58 am

precita wrote:Why do people seem to think Gotenks is very likely? If we get a fusion character it'll likely be Vegetto.
Because Gotenks has been their go-to in more games with a fusion character? And with his insane amount of techniques, he'd have a more unique movelist to be able to build from?

Also they already got 2 Gokus and 2 Vegetas so going for a third one, technically, wouldn't set well with some people, I imagine.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 am

The S wrote:Also they already got 2 Gokus and 2 Vegetas so going for a third one, technically, wouldn't set well with some people, I imagine.
Yeah. It is. I'm one of them, lol.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 am

There's definitely a cave stage of some sort. I remember seeing Piccolo and Vegeta in it during story teaser

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
The S wrote:Also they already got 2 Gokus and 2 Vegetas so going for a third one, technically, wouldn't set well with some people, I imagine.
Yeah. It is. I'm one of them, lol.
Seconds. Give way to other characters.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:I wasn't commenting on the idea of a board game overworld map; I actually thinks that's a good idea, though I do think Budokai 2 really fucked it up and hope FighterZ can do it well.

I was saying that it looked boring from a visual standpoint. Budokai 2's over-worlds were very visually appealing, even if the board game parts really looked tacked on over the art.
Ah, my misunderstanding.

I can see your point. But I like how clean the screen looks, I can't imagine we're gonna be spending tons of time on the board like in Budokai 2 with the game pieces moving around so I think it fits.
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:It's worth mentioning Persona 4 Arena has alternative story endings based on dialogue options, so that might be in this game too.
The BlazBlue games have visual novel levels of branching paths and walls of text. I don't think we'll be getting that much but I'm sure it'll have a few endings.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:55 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I wasn't commenting on the idea of a board game overworld map; I actually thinks that's a good idea, though I do think Budokai 2 really fucked it up and hope FighterZ can do it well.

Ah, my misunderstanding.

I can see your point. But I like how clean the screen looks, I can't imagine we're gonna be spending tons of time on the board like in Budokai 2 with the game pieces moving around so I think it fits.
It looks pretty much like Extreme Butoden's world map, so I bet it will also work in a similar way, with the difference of the cutscenes being in 3D, and possibly with more dialogue choices.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Image

Is that optional dialog? Wonder if it will effect the story?
Oh that looks fun! They look like similar questions. I think it might be the player's dialogue since Bulma wouldn't call him Son Goku. He'd be Son-kun.
I posted this and then I went and forgot about it.

Confirmed it's the player's dialog options; first one is "Who is Son Goku?" and the second is "Who are you talking about?".
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:35 pm

I still hope Dabura is playable. I'd like to see another villain from the Buu arc besides Buu forms and he fits the bill.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:33 am

The website has updated:

http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/

Eight characters per row for now.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:20 am

24 characters looks more and more likely.
I wonder if #21 is included in those 24... My guess is not, and she will probably serve as multiple form boss, going with DBZ and team fighter traditions, and 1-vs-3 style.

cringey

Post by cringey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:41 am

Man, the Ultimate edition is expensive af.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:27 am

I've heard some rumors on twitter about a special edition with a season pass featuring 8 characters, 11 anime songs as DLC and an announcer voice pack. Do we have any truth to this?

The songs and announcer packs I can see being real, in fact I completely forgot about Persona 4 Arena's ability to unlock the characters as announcers during matches. 8 characters thou seems like too much.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:44 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:I 8 characters thou seems like too much.
But if you count it like 2 SSB early unlocks + 6 new characters, it's pretty much a 'traditional' fighting game season pass.
What is the source though?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:45 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:I've heard some rumors on twitter about a special edition with a season pass featuring 8 characters, 11 anime songs as DLC and an announcer voice pack. Do we have any truth to this?

The songs and announcer packs I can see being real, in fact I completely forgot about Persona 4 Arena's ability to unlock the characters as announcers during matches. 8 characters thou seems like too much.
Link copying is being stupid on my phone but it's on Microsoft's site for the "Ultimate Edition" preorder

Edit: maybe this will work https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... 4md2gksd1k
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:50 am

Holy shit, it's there, you are right!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... 4md2gksd1k

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 am

KayDash wrote:Holy shit, it's there, you are right!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... 4md2gksd1k
Whoa what the hell is this? "FighterZ Edition"? "Ultimate Edition?" Is this a Dragon Ball game or an EA game?

Looks like I'm getting that season pass. I pre-ordered the standard game a week ago.