"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Quebaz wrote:Because Black, even at that point, was an actual fighter who you could easily make a moveset for. (And already showed things like Ki-Blade and the like). Champa and Vados on the other hand didn't have anything going on for them, hell I still consider their inclusion pretty shitty.
Neither did Whis but he was still in Xenoverse.

I'm not really against it, it's smart business. Sell the game and then sell the pass which has all the characters that people want.

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Oh and the cover art for FighterZ is really generic.

Super Saiyan Goku on the cover....again? That's three in a row now with the last two Xenoverse games. Ultimate Tenkaichi before that.

Couldn't they have gone with Super Saiyan God or Super Saiyan Blue or a bunch of characters like they did with Battle of Z.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Draconic wrote:Season passes have always and will always be bullshit.
Speak for yourself. I have never purchased a season pass I was disappointed with.

Not to mention ArcSys are the worst in the industry at DLC, with the biggest prices for the lowest amount of content. Blazblue is the most expensive fighting game series and Guilty Gear the most expensive one of this generation.
¿Que? Capcom is much, much worse at DLC and has been since MvC3. Hell their flagship title, SF5, isn't even what many consider a "full game" yet and won't be until years of DLC.

And if we're speaking fighting games DLC altogether, DoA5 is the most expensive by far, far, far. It costs over $1000 for everything.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm not surprised at all by this DLC news.

It's well known that developing characters for this game is very time consuming, and time consuming = expensive. It's also well known that ArcSys likes to roll out tons of DLC and enhanced editions. And in the grand scope of things, this is standard practice in the genre. Always has been.

My guess is that these are eight characters they would have included in the base game but they didn't have the time or budget for them. I'd also guess that some or even most of these characters are recent additions to the Super cast, who debuted too late to get in on the base roster.

I'd bet a buck this won't be the last of the DLC either, or that they'll stop at DLC. Expect "Super Dragon Ball FighterZ" to hit shelves next year.

But I think the under reported story right now is anime songs actually getting in the game. When was the last time the anime score has hit stateside in a game? I can't remember it ever happening.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Finally available on Steam, so I picked it up there.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:16 pm

System specs for the PC version are out now.

CPU: i7-3770
Memory: 16GB
GPU: GTX 660

I've seen some goofy over-estimated specs in my day, but that's full-on wacky.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Yeah, it's obvious a lot of Super or Movie characters are saved for the DLC.

All the base DBZ characters like Yamcha, Tien, Nappa, Captain Ginyu are being included first. It's why I fully expect Radditz and other DBZ-centric characters before anyone from Super. We'll probably get Beerus in the base game but that's it.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:22 pm

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Processor: i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 4GB
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound Card: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset
What the hell?

GGXrd's requirement is 2 GB RAM, it can't be right...

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:27 pm

KorgDTR2000 wrote:System specs for the PC version are out now.

GG Xrd was OK on my PC, but this… Considering prices, I don't know what I should do now. To buy Arcana Heart 3 LMSS and BlazBlue CTB is in my plans as well. And these, games looks more real in requirements, than DBFZ. And this looks really like disaster for my wallet.
P.S. PC-version of P4AU, UNi[st] and DBFCI has place in my dreams too. And FK Digital showed The Next Chaos Code trailer (no platforms yet).

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
KorgDTR2000 wrote:System specs for the PC version are out now.

GG Xrd was OK on my PC, but this… Considering prices, I don't know what I should do now. To buy Arcana Heart 3 LMSS and BlazBlue CTB is in my plans as well. And these, games looks more real in requirements, than DBFZ. And this looks really like disaster for my wallet.
P.S. PC-version of P4AU, UNi[st] and DBFCI has place in my dreams too. And FK Digital showed The Next Chaos Code trailer (no platforms yet).
99% chance those specs are inaccurate and/or placeholders.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:31 pm

The S wrote:
Draconic wrote:Season passes have always and will always be bullshit.
Speak for yourself. I have never purchased a season pass I was disappointed with.

Not to mention ArcSys are the worst in the industry at DLC, with the biggest prices for the lowest amount of content. Blazblue is the most expensive fighting game series and Guilty Gear the most expensive one of this generation.
¿Que? Capcom is much, much worse at DLC and has been since MvC3. Hell their flagship title, SF5, isn't even what many consider a "full game" yet and won't be until years of DLC.

And if we're speaking fighting games DLC altogether, DoA5 is the most expensive by far, far, far. It costs over $1000 for everything.
SFV is a platform that by next year will have the most complete single player experience of a fighting game I've ever seen: Two General Stories, Arcade Mode with over 100 endings, Extra Battle, a gambling mode where you put in Fight Money for the possibility of winning exclusive costumes, Dramatic Battle (2v2 and 2v1) all in addition to Survival Mode and Story Mode. And that's just next year, not including Season 3 with 6 more characters for a total of 34.
The difference is SFV was always marketed as a platform and the release in that state was for competitive players (as stated by the company and as evidenced by the most effort for Single Player being put in it's excellent Training Mode). With every mode coming for free and every character being purchaseable with in-game currency, I think it is more than a fair trade.

Capcom is playing the long game with SFV and considering SFIV's lifespan, if after 2018 they change the realease of character seasons from one season a year to one every two years, it will still end up with at least 46 characters, two more than USF4.

And I didn't even mention the new game mechanics coming with Arcade Edition, like a second Super Art, a second V-Trigger and, based on leaks, even a second V-Skill.

The thing is, DLC itself might be more expensive in other games, but it's not for keeping up with the game. Blazblue charged 40$ an update for 1 or 2 characters and BALANCE CHANGES. If you in any way wanted to keep up with the scene for that game and played from the start, you were ripped off big time.
Not sure what the deal with Guilty Gear was, but I haven't heard good things about that either.

Capcom is popular, so their practices are much more visibile and ArcSys is quite nieche even for fighting game fans, but just a quick search will reveal how they aren't great with DLC. Hell, FighterZ seems like their best handling of it yet, which might have more to do with Bandai than them.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:50 pm

It's also part of the fact, that fighting game developers always had this practice (since SF2's 1991 release), that they do a yearly re-release with some new characters, stages, cutscenes, etc. but not with a full game's ammount of new content, and yet still asking for a full price. The reason for this is how there weren't an easy way back then to patch an arcade machine or SNES cartridge back then. It stayed like that for a while, until SF4 started to change it, and with SFV if you play a lot, you can actually unlock the new DLC characters for free.
In the past years through SFV, KI, MKX the previous full game re-release changed to a model, where you buy the base game, and in every following year (or shorter period) there's a new season of characters at around 30-35€ price. I'm not saying it's not costly, but it gives the devs money so they can keep working on new stuff for the game that you keep enjoy playing. I think it's tolerateable. XV2 also works like this if I'm not mistaken.
I wasn't fully aware of how ArcSys is still doing the new content releases via outdated full priced re-release practices, but then I'm happy that Bamco forced them into doing character seasons instead.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm pretty out of the loop as far as the characters being included in the game. Which ones (to our knowledge) are coming with the base game and which are arriving as DLC? I'm assuming that 24 character roster is the final count once everything is released?
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:00 pm

KayDash wrote: I wasn't fully aware of how ArcSys is still doing the new content releases via outdated full priced re-release practices, but then I'm happy that Bamco forced them into doing character seasons instead.
Wanna note that Bamco being behind the change in practice is just my speculation. For all I know, it's just ArcSys learning from feedback on prior games. I'm just basing it on Bamco being the publisher, so I imagine they have a hand in this.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Draconic wrote:Capcom is popular, so their practices are much more visibile and ArcSys is quite nieche even for fighting game fans, but just a quick search will reveal how they aren't great with DLC. Hell, FighterZ seems like their best handling of it yet, which might have more to do with Bandai than them.
Neither Capcom's or ArcSys' models are great. You praise Street Fighter 5 for it being a real fgc experience but it's not incredibly popular. Pokken Tournament sold more. I don't think it's the best model for a DBZ fighter, even the deepest one we've gotten, to follow. It's great that Street Fighter 5 will finally be a good package for most consumers, I would just not rather wait two years for that to happen. Thankfully FighterZ will at least be past the Alpha build unlike SF5.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:31 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Draconic wrote:Capcom is popular, so their practices are much more visibile and ArcSys is quite nieche even for fighting game fans, but just a quick search will reveal how they aren't great with DLC. Hell, FighterZ seems like their best handling of it yet, which might have more to do with Bandai than them.
Neither Capcom's or ArcSys' models are great. You praise Street Fighter 5 for it being a real fgc experience but it's not incredibly popular. Pokken Tournament sold more. I don't think it's the best model for a DBZ fighter, even the deepest one we've gotten, to follow. It's great that Street Fighter 5 will finally be a good package for most consumers, I would just not rather wait two years for that to happen.
The main problem with SFV was that while it was probably one of the most fun fighters ever made, they did not included even a simple arcade mode (neither a story mode), and it launched with a slightly smaller then usual roster, and it gave a bad reputation to game, and it doesn't seem to wear off easily. At the same time Capcom was also really bad with communicating with the players on how they will approach these problems.
The PC version also had it's own issues, like it only supported X-Input fightsticks, and the devs were indifferent about it.
Thankfully FighterZ will at least be past the Alpha build unlike SF5.
FighterZ already looks a lot of fun just looking at the beta footage on youtube.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Insertclevername wrote:I'm pretty out of the loop as far as the characters being included in the game. Which ones (to our knowledge) are coming with the base game and which are arriving as DLC? I'm assuming that 24 character roster is the final count once everything is released?
These are all the known characters so far. With them showing 8 characters per row, it seems like there'll be 24 total, but we don't know that for sure.
Then there was news about "8 new characters" coming with the Season Pass, which could push that number up to 32. But again, only 17 characters actually confirmed so far.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:39 pm

Insertclevername wrote:I'm pretty out of the loop as far as the characters being included in the game. Which ones (to our knowledge) are coming with the base game and which are arriving as DLC? I'm assuming that 24 character roster is the final count once everything is released?
No DLC characters have been announced.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:41 pm

All Super characters will be DLC. It's pretty obvious they're going to hold over all the characters people would want to pay for, like Hit, Jiren, Black/Zamasu, Caulifa, etc....and put old DBZ characters in the base roseter.

Far less people would pay for Radditz and Nappa if they were DLC for example. So the base roster will be DBZ "retro" characters.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:48 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
These are all the known characters so far. With them showing 8 characters per row, it seems like there'll be 24 total, but we don't know that for sure.
Then there was news about "8 new characters" coming with the Season Pass, which could push that number up to 32. But again, only 17 characters actually confirmed so far.
Well, at least we now know that the 'MANY MORE CHARACTERS COMING' comment on the V-Jump scans was legit. If there are about 8 base characters remaining and 8 DLC ... 16 characters is indeed in the 'many more' category.