"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The S
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by The S » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Kanassa wrote:
The S wrote:I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a legit leak in the way of datamining the beta.

Maybe BamCo finally wised up....
Unless, I'm getting it wrong; the FighterZ beta was on the PS4 and distributed in the same way that the Xenoverse betas were, in a way that would make datamining impossiable.
There's no such thing. Difficult, yes. Never impossible, though.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:17 am

Still hoping for a Beerus reveal.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 pm

So now that we have strong hints about how much characters left and a few other things, what are your guesses for the remaining time until release?

November:
Buu Saga heroes: Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan
December:
Buu Saga villains: Dabura, Kid Buu (or Fem Buu?)
January:
DBS villains: Beerus, Hit, Black (with Zamasu)
I think #21 is a multi-form boss, and her base form might be playable with unlocking or something, but won't be featured on the base roster, and they won't show her fighting, until the game's release.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:40 pm

KayDash wrote: January:
Beerus' probability of being in this game is like 99%, but have his announcement revealed on the last month seems like a bad marketing move, especially when you have the Jump Festa in December.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
KayDash wrote: January:
Beerus' probability of being in this game is like 99%, but have his announcement revealed on the last month seems like a bad marketing move, especially when you have the Jump Festa in December.
You are right, totally forget about Jump Festa, but since Super characters are currently the most hype, it makes sense to reveal their teaser (or gameplay) at the big event.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:00 am

I see Ultimate Gohan, Gotenks, Kid Boo, and Beerus. Would be nice if they got a movie character in there.

Black and Hit are characters I could see being DLC.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:12 am

Welp, Gotenks, Teen Gohan (with Unlock Potential), and Kid Buu have been revealed: https://gematsu.com/2017/11/dragon-ball ... dult-gohan

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:24 am

So does Gohan fight in base form when you aren't going all Mystic? Sounds weird, need more information.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:17 am

EA575 wrote:Welp, Gotenks, Teen Gohan (with Unlock Potential), and Kid Buu have been revealed: https://gematsu.com/2017/11/dragon-ball ... dult-gohan
The roster is overall really good and this isn't counting the DLC which will most likely be just as good as XV2's.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:21 am

Surely not base Gotenks? I was hoping for SSJ3 so that form gets some representation. And Gohan isn't always transformed?!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:25 am

Took them long enough. How did we get this long without adult Gohan?

I presume that's it for Buu saga representation. Unless you count Satan, who I would still like to see. I think with this, the only real locks left are him and Beerus.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:47 am

Didn't expect a 3-character reveal. Cool though, I figured all three of those would be in the game.
This makes me think the next reveal might be the last one, showing three Super characters (Beerus, Hit, and Zamasu/Black).
Then again it could also be something like Dabra, Mr Satan, Raditz, but they'll probably want a "hype" final reveal.

By the way, get ready for Team Volleyball (Tenshinhan, Gotenks, Piccolo) :D
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:52 am

nato25 wrote:Surely not base Gotenks? I was hoping for SSJ3 so that form gets some representation. And Gohan isn't always transformed?!
Those portraits are not from the game. Just sayin'.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:19 am

Is Gemastu a credible website? If not, I'm gonna wait until the actual scan comes out.
Caulifla best girl! :)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Is Gemastu a credible website? If not, I'm gonna wait until the actual scan comes out.
Their source is that site that "leaked" Nappa/Ginyu as well as Tapion/13 for XV2 mere hours before scans showed up. People here seem to give credence to its legitimacy, as well.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:39 am

Sweet Gotenks! I expect him to be in SSJ3 it's his most iconic look. His special attack is the volleyball one and he performs it with whoever is on the team? Brilliant!

They had to put a twist on Gohan; he's rather dull in terms of techniques. Waiting to see what this is all about. He's the character I'm less interested in.

Arcade Mode confirmed, I'm happy. Seems like the Pre-Super roster is now completed, at least based on their progression of revelations.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 am

It's awesome that Gotenks, (Adult) Gohan and Kid Boo had made the roster.

Kid Boo and Gotenks has quite a vast assortment of unique ki based and physical attacks, so I can see and incredible amount of variety of his moveset, which will make him very fun to play as.

I'm not sure how they can felt out Adult Gohan. We don't see much of him in battle and what we don see of him in battle isn't that distinguishable from how he previously would fight. I'm at the very least intrigued to see how they expand on his moveset to make him stand out in the roster.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 am

Lord Beerus wrote:It's awesome that Gotenks, (Adult) Gohan and Kid Boo had made the roster.

Kid Boo and Gotenks has quite a vast assortment of unique ki based and physical attacks, so I can see and incredible amount of variety of his moveset, which will make him very fun to play as.

I'm not sure how they can felt out Adult Gohan. We don't see much of him in battle and what we don see of him in battle isn't that distinguishable from how he previously would fight. I'm at the very least intrigued to see how they expand on his moveset to make him stand out in the roster.
the article mentions he gets more powerful the more ki he has. I assume it works like Order Sol in guilty gear with charges to his moves? Might mean he's got to be careful with his specials to maximise his utility which is nice.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 am

It kinda looks like Beerus, Hit and Black are in that arcade picture. Enhance!