"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Ok....ok....so Adult Gohan, Gotenks and Kid Buu......just like in 50 other Dragon Ball fighting games.

Have they actually announced any Dragon Ball Super characters for this game? Even one? You know, actual new characters who we've been barely played as at all? If ever?

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm

I still don't get why people expected Super characters in the first new game in a new fighting series, when it's blatantly DBZ-centered to begin with? You have Blue Goku/Vegeta, most likely Beerus, and maybe 1 other character, but that's it.

Same reason 17/18 are in their Cell saga designs, why Roshi is nowhere to be found, and why we have DBZ villains like Nappa and Ginyu. This was never going to be Super focused....you have to wait for either DLC or the sequel for that.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:06 pm

sintzu wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:All I want now is raditz. Theyve given me everything else and I cant ask for anything more.
Why him ? why of all the characters in DB, Z, movies, GT, Super, what ifs, etc. would you pick Raditz ?
KayDash wrote:Raditz is already in:
Nappa can plant them. :lol:
Because, shocking as this might be, I like him.

Shocking I know

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 pm

precita wrote:I still don't get why people expected Super characters in the first new game in a new fighting series, when it's blatantly DBZ-centered to begin with? You have Blue Goku/Vegeta, most likely Beerus, and maybe 1 other character, but that's it.

Same reason 17/18 are in their Cell saga designs, why Roshi is nowhere to be found, and why we have DBZ villains like Nappa and Ginyu. This was never going to be Super focused....you have to wait for either DLC or the sequel for that.
I agree with this. I'm not that fussed about Super characters, I prefer the ones from Z to appear in the game myself.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:24 pm

precita wrote:I still don't get why people expected Super characters in the first new game in a new fighting series, when it's blatantly DBZ-centered to begin with?
It's the current running series and it's mostly fresh material. Why wouldn't they go with that than the same recycled material? They're all DBZ centered. That's all we've ever had for the past 15 years.

They've got Blue Goku/Vegeta and Golden Frieza but they're actually Dragon Ball Z characters.
This was never going to be Super focused....you have to wait for either DLC or the sequel for that.
Oh you can bet they'll put in the all the new characters from the new series that people haven't got to play as much as DLC so you have to pay out even more money. They already pulled that same stunt with Xenoverse 2.

They sure as shit wouldn't make Nappa or Captain Ginyu DLC because nobody would care but they would when it comes to say Hit or Zamasu.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 pm

They have Blue Goku and Vegeta whose movesets are clearly based on Super.
Beerus will be in and Hit and Black are pretty likely.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Bullza wrote:Ok....ok....so Adult Gohan, Gotenks and Kid Buu......just like in 50 other Dragon Ball fighting games.

Have they actually announced any Dragon Ball Super characters for this game? Even one? You know, actual new characters who we've been barely played as at all? If ever?
Odds are next month's reveals will round out the roster with four new characters and since this month's reveals specifically pointed out that these are the Boo arc characters, it's possible that next month will move into Super territory.

Super characters most likely aren't a priority and it's for the same reason DB and GT characters aren't a priority: DBZ is what the public at large knows, loves and wants to play as.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:28 pm

KorgDTR2000 wrote:Super characters most likely aren't a priority and it's for the same reason DB and GT characters aren't a priority: DBZ is what the public at large knows, loves and wants to play as.
The original series was never that popular and GT is widely despised. Super is popular and it's current.

In a game that's probably gonna have 30 odd characters they could have made a good portion of them from Super because I guarantee the average player would be more likely to want to play as Hit or Goku Black or Zamasu as opposed to Krillin, Tien or Yamcha.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 pm

If they just give us Roshi then I feel original Dragon Ball will be well represented. Roshi, Krillin, Yamcha and Tien.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:20 pm

So this game will be the last time we hear Bulma's Japanese VA due to her passing away. Bulma seems to have a pretty big role in the story mode in this game too. :cry:

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Makes me wish that mention of Bulma being playable panned out.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:36 pm

To think that we're still going to be able to hear her voice just a little bit more through this game kinda warms my heart, but it's still not enough.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 pm

Bullza wrote:The original series was never that popular and GT is widely despised. Super is popular and it's current.

In a game that's probably gonna have 30 odd characters they could have made a good portion of them from Super because I guarantee the average player would be more likely to want to play as Hit or Goku Black or Zamasu as opposed to Krillin, Tien or Yamcha.
There are still a lot of DBZ fans who don't watch Super and aren't interested in any of the characters.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 pm

If Broly makes it in the game, hopefully he'll have a musical theme similar to this (which I personally choose) or this.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:58 pm

KorgDTR2000 wrote:
Bullza wrote:The original series was never that popular and GT is widely despised. Super is popular and it's current.

There are still a lot of DBZ fans who don't watch Super and aren't interested in any of the characters.
Then there'd still be like 20 something characters for them to choose from. There's also a lot of Dragon Ball Super fans who are interested in those characters after having played as the same tired old Z characters in every game since 2002.

Which is why they should balance it out.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:13 am

Bullza wrote:
KorgDTR2000 wrote:Super characters most likely aren't a priority and it's for the same reason DB and GT characters aren't a priority: DBZ is what the public at large knows, loves and wants to play as.
The original series was never that popular and GT is widely despised. Super is popular and it's current.

The original series was never that popular? You mean as popular as Super is now? That`s a comparison you just can`t make. Different times, no widespread social media or internet. But as far as I have read the OG series start to become real popular with the inclusion of the Bodukai format. The "Zee" part of the anime is definatly the most popular. The franchise was at its peak.

Claiming the "average player" (average in what way?) would just rather play with the new toys is neither here or there. New toys are current appreciation but anyone who plays this because he or she knows of the franchise would equally point out at the exclusion of some of the more originally iconic characters of the staple.

Anyhow, it`s a fruitless argument. It`s obvious they`ll milk the current interest in Super with the DLC. Just remember, older characters were once new.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:11 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Because, shocking as this might be, I like him.

Shocking I know
I'm just joking around. I like him as well and hope he makes it in as he's one of Z's main villains.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:15 am

sintzu wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Because, shocking as this might be, I like him.

Shocking I know
I'm just joking around. I like him as well and hope he makes it in as he's one of Z's main villains.
its cool, I'm used to seeing Raditz get flack for being 'saibamen' level and being 'weak.' never liked the arguement cause if it was all about power we wouldnt see frieza or cell over Buu

cringey

Post by cringey » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:22 am

Bullza wrote:
Emm.. do you have any statistics?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:25 am

Olympian wrote:
Bullza wrote:

The original series was never that popular? You mean as popular as Super is now? That`s a comparison you just can`t make. Different times, no widespread social media or internet. But as far as I have read the OG series start to become real popular with the inclusion of the Bodukai format. The "Zee" part of the anime is definatly the most popular. The franchise was at its peak.

Claiming the "average player" (average in what way?) would just rather play with the new toys is neither here or there. New toys are current appreciation but anyone who plays this because he or she knows of the franchise would equally point out at the exclusion of some of the more originally iconic characters of the staple.

Anyhow, it`s a fruitless argument. It`s obvious they`ll milk the current interest in Super with the DLC. Just remember, older characters were once new.
they're blatantly holding off for DLC to ensure we buy it.