"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:16 am

Grimlock wrote:People complained in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 thread that Goku Black's sword was too long back when he was announced in DLC Pack 3. They nitpicked it so hard just for the sake of nitpicking.

Now I want the same ones here to complain that Goku Black's sword is in his left arm instead of the right arm, as seen in the anime and properly done in XV2. :roll: Come on, dudes, complain about this too!

I'm not buying the game now. how could they mess something so important up ? :crazy: what's next, future Gohan with both arms ? :wtf:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:20 am

Grimlock wrote:People complained in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 thread that Goku Black's sword was too long back when he was announced in DLC Pack 3. They nitpicked it so hard just for the sake of nitpicking.

Now I want the same ones here to complain that Goku Black's sword is in his left arm instead of the right arm, as seen in the anime and properly done in XV2. :roll: Come on, dudes, complain about this too!

2D style fighter, mirrored animations.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:59 am

THEY RUINED IT - NO BUY FROM ME!!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 am

Team Turtle: Goku, Krillin, Yamcha

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:26 am

Nickolaidas wrote:

THEY RUINED IT - NO BUY FROM ME!!
Typical Ningen response

#zamasudidnothingwrong

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:25 am

New trailer from Jump Festa showing off the cinematic recreation stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gcYZOvkLIQ

Looks good. Still not 100% sure what the context is for all of this stuff though.

Also, the fact they use Kid Buu for scenes that involved Super Buu speaks volumes.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:25 am

Kataphrut wrote:New trailer from Jump Festa showing off the cinematic recreation stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gcYZOvkLIQ

Looks good. Still not 100% sure what the context is for all of this stuff though.

Also, the fact they use Kid Buu for scenes that involved Super Buu speaks volumes.
Trailer made me too emotional lmfao

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:32 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:New trailer from Jump Festa showing off the cinematic recreation stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gcYZOvkLIQ

Trailer made me too emotional lmfao
I nearly teared up after my 3rd watch

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:58 am

Holy fuuuuuuck this game will never not look amazing. I need this in my hands now. That trailer was amazing. Hit looks like a monster and those cutscenes are breathtaking.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:09 am

That trailer was orgasmic. Even adult Gohan seemed awesome.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:21 am

The use of "We Are Angels" made that trailer 100 times more awesome than it already was.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 am

I am struggling to find words for how absolutely amazing that trailer was. The visuals, the music, friggin' perfection.
I thought I was excited for this game before. How do they STILL keep one-upping themselves?!
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 am

We Were Angels was a nice touch, love that song.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Goku Black's intro is quite menacing, befitting of a god such himself.

Also, THAT DEATH SCYTHE!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:57 am

Meh trailer, BUT DAT MUSIC!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:02 am

MainJPW wrote:We Were Angels was a nice touch, love that song.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Goku Black's intro is quite menacing, befitting of a god such himself.

Also, THAT DEATH SCYTHE!

Who the hell IS he, Marluxia?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:09 am

The new trailer looks amazing. And that song.. :thumbup:

Anyone know/can translate all the soundtracks from the anime that are shown on the end of the trailer?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:19 am

Wait.

WAIT.

WAIT. The FUCK. UP.

These recreations happen mid-fight, right? They're not intros, they're specific cut-scenes that occur when you do certain things during the match.

Frieza kills Krillin ... and BASE Goku turns SSJ. BASE. Goku.

It doesn't make any sense to have SSJ Goku during the match, and when Frieza kills Krillin, Goku is shown in Base form turning SSJ. Which means that:

1) Base Goku is a character and turns SSJ when Krillin dies

2) Goku is SSJ Goku but mustn't enter the fight UNTIL Krillin dies in order to make an entrance that way

3) It doesn't make any sense and Goku is simply shown being base despite fighting as a SSJ a few seconds ago, only to become AGAIN SSJ

Thoughts?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:31 am

Nickolaidas wrote:These recreations happen mid-fight, right? They're not intros, they're specific cut-scenes that occur when you do certain things during the match.

Frieza kills Krillin ... and BASE Goku turns SSJ. BASE. Goku.

Thoughts?
They were said to happen at all stages throughout the fight: the beginning, the end and the middle. This could just be the intro when you have Goku vs Freeza on point and the stage is Namek.

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheAmericanDream » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:33 am

Alternatively the way some of these might work is as "Alternate Intro animations" for fights. As in if you fight Freeza on Namek with Goku, instead of their normal intro dialogue/animation its entirely replaced with Kuririn's death+Goku Transformation, then the fight starts. This would mean Krillin is NOT on your team since he dies before the entire match starts for this to work.

I feel like its either that OR like what you said mid match if Kuririn dies in your team against Freeza and Goku is on your team (next in team order) you get the transformation cinematic before their fight starts instead of the dual clash. I think the first idea though would work smoother for gameplay reasons and you could chose to skip the scene if you wish that way without slowing down fights mid match.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 am

I notice only now that Beerus hakai was in the trailer :P