"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:Those 8 matches were somehow fun to watch. Some of them clearly didn't know what they were doing :lol:
I'm so excited to watch a pro tournament. Please, Bandai, EVO is almost here
Olympian wrote:can we just have some cinematic with cat loves food yeah yeah with Beerus and Yamcha?
I don't think anyone in ArcSys knows about such specific dub line
I`m joking.

I would like the other reactions, since they were animated in Super.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Noah wrote:
precita wrote:I can't believe Radditz didn't make it in. The roster feels like it's missing someone.
Raditz is trash, the only one missing in this roster is Broly.
One man`s trash is another man`s treasure.

Roshi over any of those two, any day.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Olympian wrote:Roshi over any of those two, any day.
Yeah, I won't mind either... But it could work with him not being able to fly?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:40 pm

I think the biggest challenge would be to give a a character a moveset with no Ki attacks whatsoever. Flying is not require for this gameplay. You jump high and kick hard? You`re good to go.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Noah wrote:
He has the baby Gamera.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Olympian wrote:I think the biggest challenge would be to give a a character a moveset with no Ki attacks whatsoever. Flying is not require for this gameplay. You jump high and kick hard? You`re good to go.
So the Original Kamehameha and the "Shocking Surprise" don't count, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Does Hit even have a ki attack? I'm pretty sure he hasn't show anything in the gameplay or in the scans.

They said in the last interview that they had to exclude same characters due to the game mechanics, overlapping fight styles and more, they then highlighted how they forced Ginyu in.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Noah wrote:
Olympian wrote:I think the biggest challenge would be to give a a character a moveset with no Ki attacks whatsoever. Flying is not require for this gameplay. You jump high and kick hard? You`re good to go.
So the Original Kamehameha and the "Shocking Surprise" don't count, right?
The first part of the sentence isn`t about Roshi, is just me saying what the biggest challenge would actually be :)

Roshi can do what everyone else in the screen does: jump high with attacks, block, dash, etc. Nothing about the gameplay actually hinders him in a basic level. That said, good catch about Hit and his moveset. He may be the one character with no projectiles.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:34 pm

It's fun imagining the dramatic finishes there could be. For example, SSB Vegeta or SSB Goku might have a dramatic finish where Freezer tries to blow up the Earth and is destroyed by Goku's sudden Kame Hame Ha. And there's a lot more special intros/outros we can imagine.

It would be fun to have some sort of in-game checklist of the dramatic finishes we found, with a side objective being to figure all of them out.
Ikazvyr wrote: I've been asking to myself after rewatching the dramatic finish. What would happen if Goku (SSJ, not Blue) defeats Freeza while he's Golden Freeza? Will the cutscene runs normally? Will Freeza's model return back to normal?
Yes, it's very likely.
Logically, all "special effects" applied to the character would be turned off once the fight is over for the victory pose, and the dramatic finish counts as a victory pose.
So just like Freezer wouldn't be golden for his victory pose even if you finished the battle being golden, it's most likely that he won't be golden in Goku's special victory scene.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:21 pm

LightBing wrote:Does Hit even have a ki attack? I'm pretty sure he hasn't show anything in the gameplay or in the scans.
The only time he tried to use a ki blast was against Jiren. Unlike the others instead of ki blasts, he usually uses a shockwave.
It's another thing that makes him unique and hopefully ASW will add to his moveset.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:05 am

Noah wrote:
I don't think it should be an issue since there isn't any sustained flight in the game.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:44 am

Cold Skin wrote:
Ikazvyr wrote: I've been asking to myself after rewatching the dramatic finish. What would happen if Goku (SSJ, not Blue) defeats Freeza while he's Golden Freeza? Will the cutscene runs normally? Will Freeza's model return back to normal?
Yes, it's very likely.
Logically, all "special effects" applied to the character would be turned off once the fight is over for the victory pose, and the dramatic finish counts as a victory pose.
So just like Freezer wouldn't be golden for his victory pose even if you finished the battle being golden, it's most likely that he won't be golden in Goku's special victory scene.
But Freeza is Golden in the victory pose if you finish the match transformed. I've saw in some videos, but I can get one for you if you want. Seeing he in his Golden form in the victory pose is what made me curious about it

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uSFjENFHho
Some direct feed gameplay I found on twitter, shows a bit more of Black, Beerus and Hit. Also a new dramatic moment, using Ultimate Gohan's level 3 with SSj Goku causes the Family Kamehameha.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:52 am

WAWAWIWA!!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:47 am

There's also footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4yXg8OxEXo

It contains a glimpse of some of the unique interactions mentioned in last month's magazine scan. Gohan introduces himself to Krillin with a comment about being dads, while Hit has a comment about being teamed up with Beerus in the victory screen. The former is especially interesting because it implies this is Super-era Gohan, not Buu saga. At least that means calling him 'Adult Gohan' is technically accurate at last.

Arcade mode courses are based off different training courses from the series. Level 1 is Snake Way, Level 2 is the gravity ship, Level 3 is the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, presumably it goes further. It also has themed opponent teams, which is fun since people had already started coming up with those. Goku, Vegeta and Trunks are called 'The Three Great Super Saiyans', while SSB Vegeta, Krillin and 18 are called 'Tournament of Power Participants 1'. Yes, that is the best they could come up with. Also, lol at the casual ToP reference. Remember when people were saying this would be Z only?

Actually, if they are having teams based on the ToP roster, I want there to be a team of Yamcha, Gotenks and Buu called 'Tournament of Power Rejects'.

There's even some story mode footage with full animated cutscenes. It all looks great.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Welp my brother took my PS4 with him to Uni so I won't be able to play FighterZ until the summer.... as if the wait isn't already bad. (Don't blame him I never play the PS4 it's sod's law the one time I am excited to play a game, oh well).

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:26 am

IM21 wrote:Image
So I guess in order to this team attack be perfomed you need Goku, Gohan and Gotenks on your team (Just like Supersonic Warriors 2 :D )

But, Gohan turns into SSJ as 'Ultimate'? :?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:30 am

Is Gohan supposed to be Ultimate all the time? Because he has the thin bang, which is incorrect when he's transformed into Ultimate. And using two transformations at the same time? Is that even possible?

That is some really weird thing. :?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:34 am

Noah wrote:
IM21 wrote:Image
So I guess in order to this team attack be perfomed you need Goku, Gohan and Gotenks on your team (Just like Supersonic Warriors 2 :D )

But, Gohan turns into SSJ as 'Ultimate'? :?
You don't need those 2 on the team. I saw Gohan do the move with Goku and Hit on his team.

I think this is just an adult Gohan and in game one of his super moves is to activate the Ultimate form... It's weird cause he looks like ultimate Gohan from the start.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:02 am

Beerus and Black are like "i'm fabulous" :lol: