"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:That was one of the most lackluster openings I've ever seen. Whatever I guess not everything about this game is hype...just like 99% of it.
At least they didn't use a remix of Cha La Head Cha La.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Ashame they went with this sort of thing for the opening. But it is just the opening that you'll watch once and then always skip so whatever.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:35 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:That was one of the most lackluster openings I've ever seen. Whatever I guess not everything about this game is hype...just like 99% of it.
I agree that opening was trash, we've had much better from much worse games overall lol. but I cant decide if the rest of your comment is a jab at the game itself or everyone's excitement.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:59 pm

I miss Kageyama producing musics to DB games :(
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:04 pm

This was really just a standard Arcade type of intro. It`s not amazing, it sort does the job but ever since I played the first Art of Figthing, I`m used to a cinematic jumpstarting the starting point of the actual ongoing story throught the fights.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:43 am

Regarding the opening, I’d say it’s pretty lackluster. I’m glad they didn’t use Cha La Head Cha La for the umpeenth time, but I would’ve preferred some original animation for the opening.

On another note, I’m guessing we now have the complete roster for the game.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:09 am

omegalucas wrote:Dragon Ball FighterZ opening.

I am a bit disappointed, was hoping for a different song. Also this feels so much more like a trailer than an opening.
What an awful song choice.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:24 am

It's okay.
I don't know why I expected to see some new Android #21 stuff, but there wasn't any. I guess she will be the last reveal before the release, unless they keep her as a secret.
I wonder if the "two more characters" that is reported by one of the sites is actually true... Though I beleive it's either Android #21 with two forms, or Android #21 and Broly.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:30 am

WittyUsername wrote:Regarding the opening, I’d say it’s pretty lackluster. I’m glad they didn’t use Cha La Head Cha La for the umpeenth time, but I would’ve preferred some original animation for the opening.

On another note, I’m guessing we now have the complete roster for the game.
Unless they reveal one last batch until release, then I guess we have our base roster.

Not to be unrelated, but do we have info on the stages in the game? How many are there or a list of them?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:44 am

I liked the opening.

Hand-drawn openings really turned to shit with lazy animation, and they didn't use Cha La AGAIN.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:07 am

I'm almost afraid to buy this game knowing it'll be obsolete in 2 years with a sequel with twice the characters.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:01 am

Asura wrote:

I am a bit disappointed, was hoping for a different song. Also this feels so much more like a trailer than an opening.
but the song was so damn good !
My English is poor .

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:02 am

precita wrote:I'm almost afraid to buy this game knowing it'll be obsolete in 2 years with a sequel with twice the characters.
You're hung up on a $60 purchase in the span of 2 years?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:11 am

Amazing how the cutscenes and intros are so damn awesome they can actually form an opening sequence.

As for the criticism that it looks like a game trailer, well, most ArcSys games are guilty of that, more or less.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:55 am

Asura wrote:
precita wrote:I'm almost afraid to buy this game knowing it'll be obsolete in 2 years with a sequel with twice the characters.
Yes, and it's a $95 game plus tax if you include the $35 season pass just for 8 more characters. Especially with the knowledge that fighters like these get a sequel within 2 years and then next game will include all the DLC fighters for free with 10-15+ new characters.

With fighters I generally wait till they hit the $20-$30 range to pick them up, they usually fall that fast anyway, or you can pick up second hand copies on ebay or amazon in good condition. We're not in 2005 anymore, nowadays game prices drop quickly.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:46 am

For those disappointed that the intro is not hand drawn: I take this over current Yamamuro any day. I just would like new scenes for the intro, buy this gives me such memories from the arcade era
precita wrote:
Asura wrote:
Yes, and it's a $95 game plus tax if you include the $35 season pass just for 8 more characters. Especially with the knowledge that fighters like these get a sequel within 2 years and then next game will include all the DLC fighters for free with 10-15+ new characters.

With fighters I generally wait till they hit the $20-$30 range to pick them up, they usually fall that fast anyway, or you can pick up second hand copies on ebay or amazon in good condition. We're not in 2005 anymore, nowadays game prices drop quickly.
The fighting games are evolving. If you take Street Fighter II, for example, it had many different versions, but sold as different games because it's not simple to just upgrade a cartridge that you already owns. Those versions are like the updates and DLCs we have today. Street Fighter V is exactly how those upgrades and new versions work these days. A sequel jumps only when the publisher wants a new story, not new characters
If you will not play it competitively, buy it later, even without season pass. It will be much cheaper. Don't think this is Xenoverse to have a sequel just because (and even Xenoverse 2 still have updates and will not kick the bucket too soon)

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:51 am

Yeah, not really a fan of that opening. But, y'know, it'll be skippable and not something you need to pay much attention to.
Also, I can just pretend that this is the opening instead and enjoy the hell out of that.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:45 am

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Yeah, not really a fan of that opening. But, y'know, it'll be skippable and not something you need to pay much attention to.
Also, I can just pretend that this is the opening instead and enjoy the hell out of that.
lol - an opening which begins with Krillin blowing up. Unintentionally funny, that would be. :D

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:55 am

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
Asura wrote:

but the song was so damn good !
No Gotenks in the opening?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:00 am

This is 100% an arcade opening. I like how the game recognizes that it is a fighting game, pretty cool.