"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Quebaz » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:27 am

shadd21 wrote:I keep hearing that the game is accessible to casuals, how is that?
Ignoring the ammount of Single Player content ArcSys is known for, the gameplay mechanics aren't that complex to a beginner. Things like movement options are universal among the cast, special move motions don't get harder than a quarter circle and maybe 2 buttons, you can easily chain melee moves by going from [ ] to O and there's plenty of things that allow you to just get in like the Aura Dash, the vanish and the Dragon Rush.

And if you think all of that's complicated the game has 2 autocombos so you can either mash [ ] or /\ (or mix between the 2) to get flashy stuff.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:55 am

Quebaz wrote:
shadd21 wrote:I keep hearing that the game is accessible to casuals, how is that?
Ignoring the ammount of Single Player content ArcSys is known for, the gameplay mechanics aren't that complex to a beginner. Things like movement options are universal among the cast, special move motions don't get harder than a quarter circle and maybe 2 buttons, you can easily chain melee moves by going from [ ] to O and there's plenty of things that allow you to just get in like the Aura Dash, the vanish and the Dragon Rush.

And if you think all of that's complicated the game has 2 autocombos so you can either mash [ ] or /\ (or mix between the 2) to get flashy stuff.
with that being said the game is still deep enough for competitive players and there are many complex characters such as hit and Beerus which beginners will not be able to master .
My English is poor .

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:00 am

shadd21 wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
you can do auto combos
That's it?

lol what else could you possibly want. it basically plays the game for you

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:12 am

Kinda strange that the SSBs are not in the opening. Is there any special reason to exclude them?
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:56 am

MisteryOne wrote:Kinda strange that the SSBs are not in the opening. Is there any special reason to exclude them?
Probably becuase you unlock them when you beat the game as opposed to other characters. Maybe its that regular game buyers are supposed to know the characters that they can unlock and the saiyans Blues are surprise rewards for beating the game.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:42 am

Simere wrote:
Olympian wrote:Wow, now that`s an especific note right there :think:

Max`s Adult Gohan breakdown trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB75vxbM2YA
It's funny, in the stream they did together Max claimed L7 unlocked the reverse beat and PL corrected him that it activated before L7; only for Max to immediately repeat the claim...and then say it again in his breakdown video. :crazy:
Someone is bound to be wrong and we`re soon finding out who.

Not with the new Beta thought, far as I can tell online, the Beta will have the same accessible characters from before, so none of the new toys or Gynyu, Yamcha, Ten, etc. It`s basically the same characters with the full in-game menu and gameplay quirks. I hope you all had a great Christmas :thumbup:
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Tenshinhan character breakdown By Namco and about time! I get the feeling some are sleeping on him and good to know Chiatzu`s grab is unblocable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDXXmTF8Yk

For some more news reagarding if you can pick newer characters in the next open Beta instead of the same number of the previous build, appearantly (saw this on Gamefaqs so I`m not sure how well translated it is) it is possible to do so. To anyone well versed in the language, any chance to confirm this?

https://twitter.com/dbgame_official/sta ... 8859057152

And one more mechanic tibit for tose who want to pick adult Gohan
https://twitter.com/MothTier/status/945020718793633792
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:05 pm

A breakdown on mechanics on all the Character Assists thus far by Heyyy Jude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVOHcuIIxAc

Annnnd from the Tenshinhan breakdown posted above, there`s this little snip

Rleflection technique, a.k.a Kiai finally spotted?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:18 am

Olympian wrote: Annnnd from the Tenshinhan breakdown posted above, there`s this little snip

Rleflection technique, a.k.a Kiai finally spotted?
It sure looks like it:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
And no Taiyōken in sight. If he has Kiai and Chaozu I don't see why he needs Taiyōken.

TheSonofKakarrot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSonofKakarrot » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:08 am

I know I’m late to the party but was wondering if anyone could help:

I’m trying to find the collectorz version. Has it really been sold out everywhere? Best Buy is advertising “ultimate editio “ as 139.99 but all it’s confents appear to be the collector z edition. I didn’t know how popular this game was so if this version is really sold out every where I’m prettt bummed.

Thanks for the help I’m advance!

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:01 am

MainJPW wrote: And no Taiyōken in sight. If he has Kiai and Chaozu I don't see why he needs Taiyōken.
I'm still hoping that, after Chiaotzu selfdestructs, he disappears from the fight but his paralysis technique is replaced with Tenshinhan's Taiyôken, and maybe Chiaotzu's selfdestruct move is replaced with a "This is my final Kikôhô" or something.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:36 am

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
MainJPW wrote: And no Taiyōken in sight. If he has Kiai and Chaozu I don't see why he needs Taiyōken.
I'm still hoping that, after Chiaotzu selfdestructs, he disappears from the fight but his paralysis technique is replaced with Tenshinhan's Taiyôken, and maybe Chiaotzu's selfdestruct move is replaced with a "This is my final Kikôhô" or something.
That makes sense.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Kiai is a good addition to Tenshinhan's moveset. So far only he and Ultimate Gohan have it.
I still find the lack of his Multi-Form technique disappointing though. That's one of his most memorable moves.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:05 am

MisteryOne wrote:Kinda strange that the SSBs are not in the opening. Is there any special reason to exclude them?
Because they're DLC.. If you dont pre-order the game then you'll have to pay for The Blue's.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Because they're DLC.. If you dont pre-order the game then you'll have to pay for The Blue's.
This isn't true. They are unlockable within the game, pre-ordering just gives me them from the get go.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:21 am

TheSonofKakarrot wrote:I know I’m late to the party but was wondering if anyone could help:

I’m trying to find the collectorz version. Has it really been sold out everywhere? Best Buy is advertising “ultimate editio “ as 139.99 but all it’s confents appear to be the collector z edition. I didn’t know how popular this game was so if this version is really sold out every where I’m prettt bummed.

Thanks for the help I’m advance!
The Ultimate Edition is digital only and is essentially the base game plus all the DLC Bandai has announced so far (8 DLC characters, anime music pack and announcer pack). The Collector's Edition is the physical only release which comes with a statue and other merch but no DLC included.. Make sure to confirm the details with your store as they are VERY different releases.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:59 am

Man, my older brother and I really want to play this game but there's a problem...the game requires a damn 16gb of RAM and our computer has only 8gb :(

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:27 am

Tian wrote:Man, my older brother and I really want to play this game but there's a problem...the game requires a damn 16gb of RAM and our computer has only 8gb :(
The specs currently listed are placeholders and not final. Based on previous ArcSystemWorks fighting games, it seems likely that they will be significantly lower.

"By now we're sure you've noticed the minimum system requirements for DRAGON BALL FighterZ. Please be aware that these are not the final requirements for the game and we will put out another announcement here, once the final minimum system requirements have been confirmed. Stay tuned!"
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:28 pm

Team building and assist breakdown by LordKnight. Note, this is a long breakdown so bring in popcorns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3fLK2nW4A

Majin Buu character Breakdown by Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6eoex9JO8
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not