"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:24 am

TheSonofKakarrot wrote: Someone mentioned Artificial Human 16 but I only have 18
Yeah he was in the closed beta.
My English is poor .

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:51 am

LightBing wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:
LightBing wrote:, Goku calling characters idiots in a "not Goku way" and "can't wait to visit your grave" before Kamehameha's.
Didn't Goku call Frieza an idiot or fool in the original japanese dub in Z?

And speaking on this topic, I say just as long as they stick to at least 90% of the material, then who cares about the jokes. Besides, some of the lines in the JPN version are too "stockish" anyway, and from what I see, Bandai and Toei don't give a flying fuck.
You mean when he "kills" him after the latter attacked right at the end of the fight? There's context there, in FighterZ he say to Freeza "you're hopelessly stupid" at the start of the fight.

Thinking about it now they are certainly mentioning this moment however it's wrong. Goku's not insulting Freeza like it clearly appears in the game, he's making an observation. You can't just copy paste quotes and shove them in there.
In this case it's just awful work not a joke/meme. I wonder how it is in Japanese.
I like that Goku calls Frieza hopelessly stupid. It gives one the impression that Frieza is getting under Goku's skin and makes him speak in ways he doesn't usually do so. He's treating Frieza as something other than a guy who 'makes him excited'.

Though truth be told, I liked the raging blast quotes more. "I'm sick of you, and YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!!"

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:38 am

I didn’t receive a code for the early access beta, so I decided to wait for the open beta. Isn’t it supposed to be open by now? Because this thing does not want to work at all. I’ve been trying to get into the beta for over an hour but I’m stuck on the menu screen.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:51 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I didn’t receive a code for the early access beta, so I decided to wait for the open beta. Isn’t it supposed to be open by now? Because this thing does not want to work at all. I’ve been trying to get into the beta for over an hour but I’m stuck on the menu screen.
it says ''failed to initialize network'' here... just great.... :roll:

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:59 am

IM21 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I didn’t receive a code for the early access beta, so I decided to wait for the open beta. Isn’t it supposed to be open by now? Because this thing does not want to work at all. I’ve been trying to get into the beta for over an hour but I’m stuck on the menu screen.
Don't you get trial matches against the CPU if that message appears? I got to play about six matches with the CPU before logging out.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
IM21 wrote:
Don't you get trial matches against the CPU if that message appears? I got to play about six matches with the CPU before logging out.
Juts got it... after like 2 hours of pressing the X button and being rejected.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:38 am

Well I have to say the Beta outright sucks

No outright practice mode to learn the controls outside of scripted tutorials.

and every lobby I joined was filled with punks that always chose no when the game match me up up with anyone. When I wasn't waiting 10+ minutes for the crap matchmaking to select someone.

I spent the entire night in the lobby playing 0 matches.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:31 am

excelhedge wrote:Well I have to say the Beta outright sucks

and every lobby I joined was filled with punks that always chose no when the game match me up up with anyone. When I wasn't waiting 10+ minutes for the crap matchmaking to select someone.

I agree. Bandai should have put out a demo and not this beta joke.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:54 am

Trying to get a match in the open beta has been a miserable experience so far. I'm always booted back the start up screen. :|

I had better fortune getting a match in the XV/XV2 open beta than this. :problem:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:56 am

Can't even get into the damn thing. What's the point of this...
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 pm

FighterZ on the Nintendo Switch when?
Caulifla best girl! :)

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Trying to get a match in the open beta has been a miserable experience so far. I'm always booted back the start up screen. :|

I had better fortune getting a match in the XV/XV2 open beta than this. :problem:
IM21 wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Well I have to say the Beta outright sucks

I agree. Bandai should have put out a demo and not this beta joke.
dbzfan7 wrote:Can't even get into the damn thing. What's the point of this...
The problem is they give the players a choice to start the match, so trolls fill the lobbies and select no to deny anyone any fun online. Which is why I never understand why fighting games do this, especially if they have "ranked" playlists

this kind of trolling is why I stopped giving a care about playing Xenoverse's multiplayer or PQ's.

Who wants to just sit in the game lobby DOING NOTHING!!!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:29 pm

Don't let your frustrations blind you to what the point of a beta is. Hopefully and likely these problems will be resolved by the time the game releases.

Something I haven't mentioned yet but the damage scaling is much improve. Games don't last forever any more.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:39 pm

LightBing wrote:Don't let your frustrations blind you to what the point of a beta is. Hopefully and likely these problems will be resolved by the time the game releases.

Something I haven't mentioned yet but the damage scaling is much improve. Games don't last forever any more.
Sorry Betas do nothing to stop trolls, Hopefully not that many will waste their money on the full release.

But Yes I will be pissed off if spend money on the full release if the Matchmaking is this crap.

Sidenote: Seriously punishments need to put in place in fighting games for those that join matchmaking and then do nothing but deny fights.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:51 pm

LightBing wrote:Hopefully and likely these problems will be resolved by the time the game releases.
And it's a Beta. An almost finished version for discovering bugs and other problems. There's really no reason to expect it working like a finished and polished product.

If the final released game will be like that, that's a different story...

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Finally got to mess with training at least. But I can't even get a prompt for a match, much less a match itself.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Well I managed to get quite a few matches yesterday but lost most of them. I'd usually wait for 5-10 minutes between matches which isn't great but certainly not the worst I've experienced in an online fighting game. Once I was able to get matches they ran really smoothly. The game itself looks and plays great and I had lots of fun just seeing what crazy stuff I could pull off. I ended up going back into the tutorials over and over and using them as practice mode, although it was annoying I couldn't always get the characters I needed the most practice with.

Today I haven't had as much luck and haven't even been able to enter a lobby yet but will try again later.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:26 pm

"Bandai Namco when do we get to the beta?"
"This is the beta! YIPPEEEEE"
>:(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShGRWM9dNy8
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Is it really that hard to just try a single battle? I was dying to try the beta as soon as I got home...

I'm interested in reading some opinions anyway. So, for anyone who cares, who is your favourite character so far and why? Who is your least favourite?
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Beta problems aside, the game is as amazing as I thought it would be, and even more. Just two problems, one for the Beta, one for the game itself:

- The Beta should have allowed offline matches against the CPU, even if it's meant to test the network.
Not only would it allow us to keep fighting and training without having to wait for minutes between matches, but it would have given something to do when the network doesn't work properly for a while. Plus, you really got to be lucky for players to give you the opportunity of a Dramatic Finish: having the nice set of characters fighting at the end of the fight with the right move to finish the opponent (the "launch kick" as far as I could see in the first video showing a Dramatic Finish back then), that's not easy, especially when the other player doesn't seem to care about that awesome opportunity (when I was ready to let myself be beaten for it).

- This is linked to another problem: don't let one player decide to skip the cutscenes, Bandai Namco! In most fighting games, both players have to agree that they don't want to see the incredible presentation, with one being warned that the other wants to skip it and accepting that or not.
Not only did I not enjoy the beautiful intros / outros many times with the hundreds of different comments by the characters at the end, but I can't imagine the frustration if I had managed to unlock one of the two Dramatic Finishes only for the other dumbass to choose that an astoshing cutscene is not worth watching and rob me of it!
So yeah, that's my only problem, one player shouldn't impose the skipping of cutscenes, maybe the other player actually wants to see them and be amazed! The two players should have to input a skip for it to operate, just like in some other games.
MisteryOne wrote: I'm interested in reading some opinions anyway. So, for anyone who cares, who is your favourite character so far and why? Who is your least favourite?
I didn't try them all, I tried those available in training and I made a team made to accomadate possible Dramatic Finishes (Freezer - Goku - Beerus), not knowing what the two Dramatic Finishes included are.

I never got really comfy with Freezer, but sometimes had an amazing upper hand with Goku and Beerus. Those two are my favorites right now, with Freezer being one I can't properly master and feel clumsy moving and hitting around.

So favorite character: Goku or Beerus.
Least favorite: Freezer.