"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Simere
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:10 am

Nickolaidas wrote:https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon ... led.19232/

These are the DLC characters according to a datamine. Take it with a grain of salt.
Just to be clear, the data references them having lobby avatars, and from there it's speculation that they're the DLC characters.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:14 am

So, I guess if it's true, the ones going on the right are

Broly
Zamasu (With Fused?)
Cooler
Base Vegeta

And the ones going on the left are

Bardock (he's the closest thing to a non-Earthen-bred Saiyan good guy)
Vegito
Android 17 (Ranger)
Base Goku

Although I can totally see 17 and Vegeta switching places because the androids are on the right and all Vegeta forms are on the left.
Simere wrote:Just to be clear, the data references them having lobby avatars, and from there it's speculation that they're the DLC characters.
Sure, there's a good chance of that too.

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:28 am

That's actually a worse list than the previous one, though that has been pretty thoroughly debunked by now.

As I said before, having lobby avatars doesn't mean much. It's just as likely to deconfirm someone, since most of the existing assists and alternate forms already have them. I could easily see Park Ranger 17, Zamasu and the base forms being just lobby avatars, though the talk around those last two still concerns me.

That leaves Broly, Bardock, Vegito and Cooler. The first three are obvious picks, I'm not sure about Cooler though. I get he's a staple of the old games, but he doesn't have much distinguishing him from his more iconic brother.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:31 am

Kataphrut wrote:That's actually a worse list than the previous one, though that has been pretty thoroughly debunked by now.

As I said before, having lobby avatars doesn't mean much. It's just as likely to deconfirm someone, since most of the existing assists and alternate forms already have them. I could easily see Park Ranger 17, Zamasu and the base forms being just lobby avatars, though the talk around those last two still concerns me.

That leaves Broly, Bardock, Vegito and Cooler. The first three are obvious picks, I'm not sure about Cooler though. I get he's a staple of the old games, but he doesn't have much distinguishing him from his more iconic brother.
Cooler could have more charging attacks (as in "CHAAARGE!" - not as in charging energy :D ) than his brother. Also his super nova covering the entire screen would be a cool ultimate. Plus he has the best design ever in the series. Space alien lizard ninja samurai? Sold.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 774
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Pannaliciour » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:16 am

Damm FighterZ doing fantastic (this is for pc only let alone the consoles) most played fighting game in history of steam!

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dragon-ball-fi ... yer-counts

For reference Xenoverse had about 20.000 peak players FighterZ 44.000
Last edited by Pannaliciour on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:33 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Damm FighterZ doing fantastic (this is for pc only let alone the consoles) most played fighting game in history of steam!

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dragon-ball-fi ... yer-counts

For reference Xenoverse had about 20.000 peak players FighterZ 44.000
There's literally less lobbies then players. I know this pisses off people and stuff, but this is a really awesome thing for the long run.
At this point if nothing unexpected happens to the game's development, it's safe to say that Season 1 DLC is not the last new content we gonna get through the following years.

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:52 am

So, couple more language tidbits:

Can confirm in case it hadn't been mentioned already, but Jason Douglas does not say "Hakai" when Beerus erases Goku Black, he says "destruction". Kind of disappointing, but oh well.

It seems the localisation team are going with "Tien-shinhan" for Tien's full name rather than the accurate Tenshinhan. While the Japanese dialogue gets it right, it's worth noting that Justin Briner, who is the announcer in both versions, says "Tien" in English and "Tien-shinhan" in Japanese. Meaning Japanese players are getting to hear our funny version of it instead of the one they're used to. I wonder if they're embarrassed,

That said, while the dub script generally goes with "Tien", the full version has snuck in a couple places. Goku calls him that when tagging out for him, for example. I don't think they ever tried to lengthen his name even in Kai, did they?

User avatar
IM21
Banned
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:45 am
Location: Hell

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by IM21 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:18 am

the game needs a music selection mode for the lobby, especially when the anime pack comes.

User avatar
LightBing
I Live Here
Posts: 3494
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:33 am

The latter leak clearly isn't about DLC characters. Have we all forgotten all the #17 talk when #18 was announced besides the parenthesis, why would #17 need parenthesis? Wearing ranger clothes isn't a form/age. C'mon it's obvious this if anything is about lobby avatars.

The first has a bunch of logical choices although Fu is beyond weird. Since I didn't see it anywhere else I'm going to assume it's just another random person in the internet wanting attention, like many before.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7567
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:51 am

shadowmaria wrote:
Noah wrote:I don't get it, you liked the game or not?
I've enjoyed what I've done so far, but it's boring
The story, the gameplay or both?
IM21 wrote:the game needs a music selection mode for the lobby, especially when the anime pack comes.
We're gonna get one of those? :o
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
NintendoBlaze53
Regular
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:24 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:01 am

Come to think of it, 17 being playable does line up with Chuck Huber saying he recorded for 17 in this game. I haven't played much of story mode yet, so I don't know if 17 appears much in it. But 17 has only a few lines in regular gameplay with 18. I think after all the games Chuck has voiced 17 in, he'd be able to tell if 17 has a major or minor role. Just food for thought.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:21 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Come to think of it, 17 being playable does line up with Chuck Huber saying he recorded for 17 in this game. I haven't played much of story mode yet, so I don't know if 17 appears much in it. But 17 has only a few lines in regular gameplay with 18. I think after all the games Chuck has voiced 17 in, he'd be able to tell if 17 has a major or minor role. Just food for thought.
17 plays a big part in story mode.

User avatar
ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1365
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:13 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon ... led.19232/

These are the DLC characters according to a datamine. Take it with a grain of salt.

Broly
Bardock
Zamasu (With Fused?)
Vegito (Blue?)
Cooler
Android 17 (Ranger)
Base Goku
Base Vegeta

If it's 5th Cooler, I'm a happy camper. Also, Slaythe and Lapislettuce will be VERY happy with this leak.
This leak is better then the last one, I can see Vegetto being Super with Blue being a level 3 super or install. Zamasu would have to be fused. I have my reservations with Coola and Base Goku/Vegeta. But we'll see how ArcSys can pull them off. Goku seems pretty safe with Kaioken, Genki Dama and of the like. Base Vegeta seems hard considering all his iconic attacks are already with his two forms already in the game, I can't see what he'd bring to the table. Coola would have to be basically a heavy taller Freeza, I can see him being more melee focused then Freeza is too. If I could alter something I would switch Base Vegeta with Caulfla/Kafla.
If Base Vegeta is from the Saiyan arc, he could turn into a giant monkey.
As for Cooler, it depends what form we get (fifth form or Metal Cooler). If its Metal Cooler, he has a much better moveset potential since that character can do everything Cooler can plus more (and this is isn't the first time ArcSys had Cooler as a playable character in a Dragon Ball game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc2umpiiXQI )
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

User avatar
Night Owl
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Night Owl » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:21 am

Loving the game so far. Haven't tried a ranked match yet as I want to feel totally ready to start competing online - have mostly been using Arcade Mode and casual matches online to brush up. Currently working with a Trunks/Piccolo/Adult Gohan line-up but have messed about with various characters to see who I like using. Frieza is great fun to play as.

Are we having a Kanzenshuu DBFZ online community? I would quite like to be part of a group of regular players if anything like that is gonna surface on here!
"You know it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile?"
"...you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?"

User avatar
Olympian
Regular
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:24 pm

17 with 18 as the assist is the only DLC I am quite sure about.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:27 pm

Oh, it's been quite some time since the last time I saw a Sergio's video. Now there's one who can be trusted. :thumbup:

Well, for his datamine, the only one interesting is Bardock and probably Zamasu (if it's the merged one). I'm looking forward as to what this game can do with these two. Hopefully they are introduced into the Story Mode somehow, not just being extra characters. Any other character should be switched by Janemba.

User avatar
YonedgeHP
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia (Kingdom of Spain)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:37 pm

So... I finished the Super Warrior Arc of the story mode but the game still says that it’s only 68% completed. Why is that? Do I need to beat every clone in all of the maps? If that’s the case, do I need to beat the boss of those maps again.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:12 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:If Base Vegeta is from the Saiyan arc, he could turn into a giant monkey.
As for Cooler, it depends what form we get (fifth form or Metal Cooler). If its Metal Cooler, he has a much better moveset potential since that character can do everything Cooler can plus more (and this is isn't the first time ArcSys had Cooler as a playable character in a Dragon Ball game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc2umpiiXQI )
I want 5th Cooler because of design and his moveset when thrashing Goku. I know that objectively Metal Cooler has a better moveset, but I absolutely loathe his design. 4th Stage Cooler would be a missed opportunity since he looks just like Frieza (but could also be a solid choice because that means less work for the devs).

ArcSys had made 5th Stage Cooler for Extreme Butoden, even if he was just an assist. Here's hoping.

User avatar
IM21
Banned
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:45 am
Location: Hell

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by IM21 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Noah wrote:
IM21 wrote:the game needs a music selection mode for the lobby, especially when the anime pack comes.
We're gonna get one of those? :o
If you got the ulimate edition then yes.

User avatar
Xaroc
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 pm
Location: Germany

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:47 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:So... I finished the Super Warrior Arc of the story mode but the game still says that it’s only 68% completed. Why is that? Do I need to beat every clone in all of the maps? If that’s the case, do I need to beat the boss of those maps again.
You have to trigger every special event. That means you have to have certain teams or certain team ups against a special opponent. For example: Gokuu, Kuririn and Yamucha trigger an event in the Super Warrior Arc, that count toward the 100%.
Oh and in the Story Main Menu you can see the shadows of those characters, that trigger events. (red ones must be the enemy, grey ones must be on your team)

Oh and some you can only get after Gokuu and Vegeta reach level 40.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS4)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Post Reply