"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jexulus

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jexulus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:47 pm

In the case of Cooler being DLC, I think they can add 5th form Cooler without sacrificing moveset potential. They've already given Kid Buu some of Super Buu's attacks (Human Extinction attack being one of them) despite Kid Buu never using them. 5th form Cooler is by far the most popular design for the character, so they'd be remiss to make it Meta Cooler. Anything non-robotic can be given to organic Cooler without much justification or fuss.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Data taken from Steamchart.com. This peak was reached yesterday, today Fighterz has an average of 33K simultaneous players on Steam, interested to see how the game will fare by 2019.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Noah wrote: The story, the gameplay or both?
The story being told is interesting and I've enjoyed that (despite the inconsistencies between Super Warrior and Evil Warrior Arc's. I imagine that's deliberate and I'm sure I'll know soon enough), but story mode is boring af because it's a constant battle against the same clone NPC's. There's no variety, which is why I think the roster is too small for this kind of story mode. The repetition makes it boring to play.

The fighting engine is fun though, and the game is absolutely gorgeous to look at

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 pm

I still can't believe Radditz isn't in the game. I think he's been in every single DBZ fighter over the last 18 years but Super Dragonball Z.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Justin Wong has started playing DB Fighterz.

Its really cool seeing him play it , the combos he do using his assists are really awesome.
My English is poor .

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:25 pm

precita wrote:I still can't believe Radditz isn't in the game. I think he's been in every single DBZ fighter over the last 18 years but Super Dragonball Z.
He really could fit the story mode better than Nappa.
My English is poor .

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:26 pm

IM21 wrote:
Noah wrote:
IM21 wrote:the game needs a music selection mode for the lobby, especially when the anime pack comes.
We're gonna get one of those? :o
If you got the Ultimate Edition then yes.
But these are like DB/Z anime BGM or just instrumental/vocal opening/ending songs?
precita wrote:I still can't believe Raditz isn't in the game. I think he's been in every single DBZ fighter over the last 18 years but, Super Dragon Ball Z.
You know, normally I would say "who the hell cares about Raditz", but seeing how great this game handled character interaction, it would be nice to having on the roster for that reason only.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:37 pm

So I'm only like 30 minutes in and I'm already in love. It's really mainly because of just the detail this game has

-Characters saying other characters names when using assists
-mid battle dialogue between characters
-stages having their own destructive finish foreground

It's the little things :thumbup:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Have to mention a moderate disappointment with the lack of a RoSaT and Kami's Lookout stage. These are iconic Dragon Ball locations and should really be in the game. Maybe they'll add them later.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:09 pm

Based on how good the character interaction stuff is in story mode, I hope they find a way to work DLC characters into the story mode so they can be a part of it too. It'd be cool to have scenes of Bardock interacting with Goku, Vegeta and especially Freeza.

Hell, maybe once all the DLC comes out they can add a fourth campaign called the "Everything but the Kitchen SInk" arc, which includes all 8 DLC characters, all the base characters and the ones that weren't included for boring continuity reasons like SSJ2 Gohan, Future Trunks, Goku Black and Hit. Just go Xenoverse levels of hog-wild.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:35 pm

LightBing wrote:Have to mention a moderate disappointment with the lack of a RoSaT and Kami's Lookout stage. These are iconic Dragon Ball locations and should really be in the game. Maybe they'll add them later.
There's quite a lot of iconic places missing. Roshi's Island, King Kai's planet, Time chamber, Kami's lookout,etc

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Wow....when FighterZ, a video game, at least tries harder to be more consistent with power than the series itself lately XD. I never thought I'd see the day.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Noah wrote:
IM21 wrote:
Noah wrote: We're gonna get one of those? :o
But these are like DB/Z anime BGM or just instrumental/vocal opening/ending songs?

this are the songs... don't know if you'll be able to just use the in the background of a match or they'll add a music player when you're in the lobby. (they should add it)

Mystical Adventure! – the opening theme to the Dragon Ball TV series
I’ll Give You Romance – the ending theme to the Dragon Ball TV series
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA – the first opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
WE GOTTA POWER – the second opening theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
Come Out, Incredible ZENKAI Power! – the first ending theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
We Were Angels – the second ending theme to the Dragon Ball Z TV series
Bit by Bit, You’re Charming My Heart – the opening theme to the Dragon Ball GT TV series
Prologue & Subtitle – episode recap and title card music from Dragon Ball Z
A New Hero is Born – background music track from Dragon Ball Z
Solid State Scouter – the Bardock TV special insert song from Dragon Ball Z
The Fearsome Ginyu Special Force – background music track from Dragon Ball Z

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:16 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Wow....when FighterZ, a video game, at least tries harder to be more consistent with power than the series itself lately XD. I never thought I'd see the day.
And also treats Trunks/Goten and Yamcha as fighters who can actually do things. Or not have Buu fall asleep every 10 seconds.

It's kind of ironic the story mode also has better character interaction than Super. Goku actually asks Yamcha to train with him in one of their interactions because they all trained under Roshi. You'd never see that happen in Super.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Been playing, and like most fighting games for me, "medium" is about my upper limit. Going backwards for block just has never registered for me, for example.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:35 pm

precita wrote:
LightBing wrote:Have to mention a moderate disappointment with the lack of a RoSaT and Kami's Lookout stage. These are iconic Dragon Ball locations and should really be in the game. Maybe they'll add them later.
There's quite a lot of iconic places missing. Roshi's Island, King Kai's planet, Time chamber, Kami's lookout,etc
Fighting games these days are pretty lax on stage numbers for some reason. Obviously there are outliers, but just about every one I've played this generation has disappointed me in quantity.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:52 am

Holy shit. Yamcha getting revenge on Nappa and the Saibaman....amazing.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:07 am

Noah wrote:
IM21 wrote:
Noah wrote: We're gonna get one of those? :o
You don’t need the Ultimate edition, both the commentator voice pack and anime music pack are being made available for purchase separately. March 1st (Anime), and April 15th (Commentators).
Also, I’ve read that it is identical to the Anime music pack that was available for Xenoverse 2 in Japan.
The commentators pack will have a character from the game of your choice replacing the commentator. Well that’s what I’ve read Arcsys have done with their other games with a commentators pack.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:10 am

SergioM3 has made a second video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zVBP48mjT4

1) Saiyan Arc Vegeta is either a costume or a character.
2) Interesting tidbits of the base Goku model.
3) Trunks' Sword of Hope
4) Theories on "Z-Union." I think Z-Union could be the equivalent of clans in this game.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:22 am

Is there a list of all the color swaps somewhere? I saw pink armor Nappa and now I'm wondering if I could get Rosé in a rosé dougi.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!