"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:My god, Freeza's so much fun to play as. You can combo chain like crazy with him, especially if you have your opponent against the wall. Golden Freeza makes it all the more better thanks to the extra damage. I have definitely found what character I'm maining.

I'm trying to main Hit and Yamcha as well but they're so different compared to the rest of the roster. Especially Yamcha. His heavy attack always throws me off because of the crazy backflip he does. Still trying to figure out how to chain combos with him without having to rely on his auto combos.
Yamcha is definitely one of my mains i love all his attacks and if you go hyper offensive with him he can be hard to shake. You must have similar tastes to me, I've definitely locked down yamcha on my team but not sure who else to go with. I really want hit in that 2nd spot and I'm rocking cell and 16 atm.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:19 pm

Anyone know how you get the Super Saiyan Blue versions of Goku and Vegeta to be playable in the Story Mode? The two interactions they each have seem to be the only ones I've not yet managed to do in the Super Warriors Arc.

Edit: Something popped up when I went back to the lobby after beating the first story mode saying 'Did you know, with enough Zeni, SSGSS's will join you! With 300,000 Vegeta will join you, and get 500,000 for Goku!' It's...not that is it? And surely that doesn't mean stockpiling that much at once?! :shock:
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm

Has anyone confirmed if there is different endings for the story mode or not?
My English is poor .

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:44 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Anyone know how you get the Super Saiyan Blue versions of Goku and Vegeta to be playable in the Story Mode? The two interactions they each have seem to be the only ones I've not yet managed to do in the Super Warriors Arc.

Edit: Something popped up when I went back to the lobby after beating the first story mode saying 'Did you know, with enough Zeni, SSGSS's will join you! With 300,000 Vegeta will join you, and get 500,000 for Goku!' It's...not that is it? And surely that doesn't mean stockpiling that much at once?! :shock:
If you win(or get to the final round not sure) a certain difficulty arcade mode you get Blue Goku.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Anyone know how you get the Super Saiyan Blue versions of Goku and Vegeta to be playable in the Story Mode? The two interactions they each have seem to be the only ones I've not yet managed to do in the Super Warriors Arc.
In story mode, you get access to the Blue versions of Goku and Vegeta by leveling them to 40.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:56 pm

LightBing wrote:If you win(or get to the final round not sure) a certain difficulty arcade mode you get Blue Goku.
Oh I've already got them playable elsewhere via pre-order bonus, it was just Story Mode I need to get access to them in.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:In story mode, you get access to the Blue versions of Goku and Vegeta by leveling them to 40.
Ahhh, should've figured as much. Guess I'll make leveling them all the way up the priority then, thanks.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Rooflemonger wrote:Hey, don't wanna come off like a shill here but I run an educational fighting game channel @ http://www.youtube.com/rooflemonger

If you are interested in becoming better at the game and fighting games in general I got a lot of stuff that can help you out. Came here because I remembered kazenshuu from back in the day (although I was a planet namek guy!).

If ya got any questions about mechanics or whatever else as well I can answer them to the best of my ability.
Are you going to have videos on more basic stuff?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:03 pm

There are some great events in this game. But people are too busy focusing on the "roasts". My particular favourite so far is Gotenks asking Goku and Vegeta what he should call them. "Trunks calls Goten's dad Goku. But Goten calls Trunks' dad Vegeta"
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 pm

So Base Goku and Vegeta might actually be DLC? Meh...

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
SSBX wrote:Does anyone know why Japan is getting the dragon ball fighterz game last?
There's nothing particularly special about this instance. The release dates between all the territories have fluctuated slightly over the last couple decades, with sometimes it hitting America (and Europe) first, and sometimes it hitting Japan first. For example, the first Xenoverse game hit Japan a couple weeks ahead of the rest of the world, whereas Xenoverse 2 got spaced out across all territories within about a week of each other with America leading first. It's all a balancing act of existing marketing plans, available release date slots, coordinating with the international partners, etc.
Hmm, that makes sense. :thumbup:

Curious, have you gotten the game? If so, how are you liking it so far?

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:22 am

MainJPW wrote:So Base Goku and Vegeta might actually be DLC? Meh...
I hope not.

we already have two variations of both Goku & Vegeta.
My English is poor .

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:35 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Thought it was interesting how Black had two different opening quotes to Beerus. Loving the various pieces of dialogue.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 am

Wasn't the Collector's Edition supposed to contain a "Commentary and Music pack?" Or was that for the Japanese release only? Same question applies for the 18, Bulma and 21 lobby stickers. All the Collector's Edition gave me was early Goku and Vegeta Blue, Android 21, three art boards (bad ass ones mind ya) a steel case, and the Goku statue.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 am

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
I hope not.

Their models are in the game, and Vegeta has his saiyan arc armor. Seems likely unfortunately.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:49 am

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
I hope not.

Not looking too good, they have unused models with alt colours. It's Saiyan arc Vegeta and Goku. And there's already a mod that puts them to use:

https://youtu.be/2kyC2v2RBQA

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:04 am

GTx10 wrote:Wasn't the Collector's Edition supposed to contain a "Commentary and Music pack?" Or was that for the Japanese release only? Same question applies for the 18, Bulma and 21 lobby stickers. All the Collector's Edition gave me was early Goku and Vegeta Blue, Android 21, three art boards (bad ass ones mind ya) a steel case, and the Goku statue.
The Ultimate edition had all the DLC. The Collector's edition lack all of that.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:07 am

Asura wrote:
emperior wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:
I'm still having issues constantly dropping inputs even with the d-pad. It’s mindblowing to me that every single “fighting pad” you can buy has a D-pad instead of a 4 or 8 way stick like an actual arcade stick has. I mean, who is the genius who thought the best way to do circular inputs was on a cross instead of an actual circle?
Every console should have a controller with a mini-stick like the Neo Geo Pocket Colors. Holy balls that was perfect for fighters.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Yagami1211

Post by Yagami1211 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:01 am

As for the story mode, get Goku and or Vegeta at lvl 40 to unlock SSJ Blue.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:03 am

The storymode was fun, but nothing special. Android 21's backstory is good but I wished they explored it more through cut-scenes. I also don't get why we couldn't get any animated cut-scene or intro, like we did with Xenoverse games. Pre-rendered cutscenes would have also looked awesome with this game's graphics, but we got none unfortunately. The smoke always looks awesome by the way.
The character interactions were good but mostly fan-servicey and there are some bad mistranslations, such as Piccolo telling Yamcha "I get why Bulma chose Vegeta".
With this game selling so well, I hope we will see a FighterZ 2 in the future and that Bandai Namco will give ArcSys more budget for the sequel.

Also, am I the only one who hates how buff characters look in the story mode? During gameplay the models are absolutely fine, but in the story the characters look too big. This is especially true for Saiyans and Earthlings, as Cell and Freeza for example look good.
I had the same problem with Xenoverse's models, so I wonder what's up with DB games depicting the characters so big.
And hands... man the hands are way too big in this game.
About backgrounds, they look very cool but it would be even better if they looked more like in the anime, if that is something they can do.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 am

AgitoZ wrote:
GTx10 wrote:Wasn't the Collector's Edition supposed to contain a "Commentary and Music pack?" Or was that for the Japanese release only? Same question applies for the 18, Bulma and 21 lobby stickers. All the Collector's Edition gave me was early Goku and Vegeta Blue, Android 21, three art boards (bad ass ones mind ya) a steel case, and the Goku statue.
The Ultimate edition had all the DLC. The Collector's edition lack all of that.
Now I'm confused. When I pre-ordered this game I told the sales rep "give me the most expensive version of this game" assuming the Collector's Edition was said version. (The version that contained all the bells and whistles) So is the Ultimate Edition even more expensive than the CE? Or is it merely another version in and of itself? Yes I assumed that buying the "most expensive" I.e. the Collector's Edition version of FighterZ's would net me the Commentary and Music pack and any and all bells and whistles this game had to offer on Launch.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208