"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The S
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by The S » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Kanassa wrote:
The S wrote:I forgot who the other character along Cooler and regular Krusty-O V n' G is supposed to be DLC and a cursory search didn't tell me anything. Anybody remember?
17. Seems the theme there is brothers.
Thanks so much! Me ol' noggin' ain't what it used to be.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:47 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:It's been a long time coming... but it's finally here:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... -fighterz/ (Dabura Moveset Concept)

I might make a video based on this as well.
Make one for Aniraza, plz.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:11 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:It's been a long time coming... but it's finally here:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... -fighterz/ (Dabura Moveset Concept)

I might make a video based on this as well.
Make one for Aniraza, plz.
Don't know who he is.

Anyways, made a video on this moveset concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAPGBYOEQJI
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:25 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Make one for Aniraza, plz.
Don't know who he is.
The fusion of Paparoni and Koichiarator - this guy??

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:10 am

I wonder if they could add Fu for future DLC to promote the Heroes anime?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:19 am

Maybe in Season 2 or 3 (assuming a third happens)

I notice there hasn't been any word on the next DLC characters for a while. Considering it was assumed that they would all be out by July, any insight to the lack of #17, Cooler, base Goku, and base Vegeta?

Was there ever any confirmation regarding the legitimacy of these leaks?;

Tapion and Gogeta
Muten Roshi and Videl w/ Great Saiyaman
Raditz and Zarbon
Cabba and Kale w/ Caulifla

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:40 am

DB FighterZ World Tour - CEO 2018:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdahogyJCNI - One of the most intense DB FighterZ matches the world ever saw!

Those last seconds in the third round, holy shit!!! :shock: :shock:
GO1's defense is just insane and Leffen's improvement is incredible. I love this game!

I never saw GO1 acting like that after defeating someone. That's how intense it was! :lol:
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:49 am

shadowmaria wrote:Was there ever any confirmation regarding the legitimacy of these leaks?
Nope. It was not. Actually, All DLC characters of first wave was datamined before DasVergeben leaks. I believe, DasVergeben used datamine info to add himself credibility. And also I believe, second wave is a fiction.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:13 am

shadowmaria wrote: Was there ever any confirmation regarding the legitimacy of these leaks?;

Tapion and Gogeta
Muten Roshi and Videl w/ Great Saiyaman
Raditz and Zarbon
Cabba and Kale w/ Caulifla
No, they don't have any credibility.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:33 am

Now out of the honeymoon phase with Fighterz.

-The Rushdown mechanic is broken, a move that aggressive would be unsafe on block in any other game, but you can mash attacks right after being blocked.

-Characters don't have enough standing overhead attacks, and game mechanics make jump attacks harder to perform outside of combos, So breaking through someone's defense is annoying as hell. Guard Break would be nice

-I mentioned it already but rushing grab is trash, and it makes me mad some people have Super Grabs, like Trunks. Met a player online that mastered that move, it was a nightmare.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:35 am

FoolsGil wrote:-The Rushdown mechanic is broken, a move that aggressive would be unsafe on block in any other game, but you can mash attacks right after being blocked.
Counter it by 2H, then go full-combo.
FoolsGil wrote: -Characters don't have enough standing overhead attacks, and game mechanics make jump attacks harder to perform outside of combos, So breaking through someone's defense is annoying as hell. Guard Break would be nice.
Every character has 6M, which can converted to a full combo through assisst.
FoolsGil wrote: -I mentioned it already but rushing grab is trash, and it makes me mad some people have Super Grabs, like Trunks. Met a player online that mastered that move, it was a nightmare.
Mmm... What? You convert it to a full-combo or snapback.
===========
Leffen vs Go1, the best DBFZ set ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdahogyJCNI

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:59 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:-The Rushdown mechanic is broken, a move that aggressive would be unsafe on block in any other game, but you can mash attacks right after being blocked.
Counter it by 2H, then go full-combo.
FoolsGil wrote: -Characters don't have enough standing overhead attacks, and game mechanics make jump attacks harder to perform outside of combos, So breaking through someone's defense is annoying as hell. Guard Break would be nice.
Every character has 6M, which can converted to a full combo through assisst.
FoolsGil wrote: -I mentioned it already but rushing grab is trash, and it makes me mad some people have Super Grabs, like Trunks. Met a player online that mastered that move, it was a nightmare.
Mmm... What? You convert it to a full-combo or snapback.
===========
Leffen vs Go1, the best DBFZ set ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdahogyJCNI
sigh. The path to gitting gud is a long hard road. Thanks for the tips.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:30 pm

Since we already have Vegetto, Gogeta would be a pointless add
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:07 am

Cold Skin wrote:Cool, that's enough to get an idea. Whoever the composer is, he's apparently tasked with trying to stick to the original tempo, sounds, style and ambiance for each individual track. It must really be like "transform it just enough so that we'll avoid problems, but make it so that it could pretty much be the original track if you simply changed all the notes and switched a few arrangements here and there".

It's astonishing how it tries to stick to the original intent and arrangements as much as possible even with a different melody, you could basically recognize what track it's supposed to replace.
I actually like the new track's melody more, but the quality is pretty abysmal. It sounds like a GBA port or some-thing. The music's the best part of the game, so if it sounds like that....
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:51 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Since we already have Vegetto, Gogeta would be a pointless add
not really, if its the movie gogeta he has different moves and personality

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:00 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Everyone has different moves and you don't fight with personality. Even every Goku has different moves. People still think they (Gokus) are pointless adds

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:09 am

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Everyone has different moves and you don't fight with personality. Even every Goku has different moves. People still think they (Gokus) are pointless adds
their personality effects their attack strategy, as we saw in the case by simply comparing vegito to gogeta.

Vegito clowned around against Buu, Gogeta on the other hand straight up murdered Janemba without hesitation

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
their personality effects their attack strategy, as we saw in the case by simply comparing vegito to gogeta.

Vegito clowned around against Buu, Gogeta on the other hand straight up murdered Janemba without hesitation
And how does personality affect gameplay in any way?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:00 am

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

And how does personality affect gameplay in any way?
you seem to be either not understanding or missing the mark deliberately.

Goku and Vegeta fight differently because of their attitudes, which is reflected in lore by their approach, moves and this in turn, effects the design of gameplay these characters have based on the lore.

Vegito clowns around doing his arms crossed kicking techniques, taunting his enemies and being flashy. Gogeta on the other hand goes right for the kill and didnt use any moves Vegito did (unless you count his GT version who I honestly dont treat as the same incarnation as he's blatantly borrowing from Vegito unlike the movies). In that note, his animations, attack patterns and moves will differ, so hes a different character and could be a worthy edition.

Not my first choice mind, but he's by no means redundant because he doesnt fight like Vegito on grounds of not being the same being.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:21 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Vegito only clowned Buu because he was trying to save the kids and Piccolo just like Gogeta clowned Omega Shenron so he could get rid of the negative energy.

Anyways, Vegito's inclusion doesn't affect Gogeta in any way because they're both different characters with their own fighting styles and set of techniques.
fadeddreams5 wrote: