I guess Gotenks counts as a "Goku Clone" and Trunks Clone because Goten looks like Goku and Kid Trunks is.. well KID Trunks
Ya know.. I honestly dont get the "omg more clones" complaint. If you understand fighting games in the slightest
you'd know that unless undeniably blatant, there's no such thing as "Clones". If you all claim to be Dragon Ball fans you'd know that adding in base incarnations of Goku ( espeacially Goku) and Vegeta could lead to some awesome and interesting ideas. Almost completely different from the other versions of said characters. There's no room for "Giant Characters" in this game at the moment and when I say "No Room" i mean it isn't necessary from a mechanics perspective (Unless ONLY for a semi cenimatic Lv.3 Super), especially for Saiyan/Namek arc Vegeta. We all should know that he has way more going for him than just that.
Its funny because I believe some folks that are complaining are the same ones clamoring for Joke Characters like Arale and Chi-Chi or whatever... which again isn't necessary. This ain't Tenkaichi 3 or Xenoverse, the core premise isn't to add every character under the sun at one time or at all with no real merit.
With the way the game is designed if the Franchise continue's by the time we get to FighterZ 2 or 3 counting villains and fusions we could possibly end up with 12 versions of Goku and 8 versions of Vegeta out what could possibly be a 50 character cast. That would'nt be a bad thing either because a quality developer like Arcys could make it work..
6. Kid (DB) Power Pole and kinto'un alone could make him so fun.
7. Tullece ( Because he and Goku have the same face yet fight nothing alike)
8. Bardock ( Because he and Goku have the same face but fight nothing alike)
9. Black ( Because he and Goku have the same face yet fight nothing alike)
10. Vegetto Blue/SSJ - One could be just a costume for the other, unless they go the Heroes
route and give "Xeno" Vegetto SSJ with Four as an install but per usual ( Because he's part Goku and thus fights just like him)
11. Gogeta Four - Honestly if they want to have fun they could give SSJ4 Gogeta "Soul Punisher" and just add SSJ as an alternate costume. but again ( He's part Goku and thus will fight the same)
12. SSJ Gogeta ( see 11 ).
5. Majin.. Because Atomic Blast and Final Explosion. Oh and energy rings.. Honestly with "Majin" as a skin for SSJ Vegeta, these three moves could easily be split between his SSJ, Blue and Four forms.. The damn game has what ifs for Kami's sake so why not.
6. Baby Vegeta (Its possessed Vegeta)
7. Vegetto ( See Number 10 for Goku )
8. Gogeta ( See 11 for Goku )
Obviously numbers 7 -12 for Goku and 5 - 8 for Vegeta are sarcasm because people love to exaggerate when they don't get they're way or don't understand something (Though I'm serious about the Majin Vegeta split).
I made those list to show just how much Goku and Vegeta are gonna dominate the rosters regardless, going by extreme standards n all. Because even if you add
2. 19 or Gero
The three most unique play style characters.. on paper anyway.. Oh and Roshi too...
13. Garlick Jr.
19. Yi Shenlong
20. Su Shenlong
21. San Shenlong
22. Super 17
23. New Broli
Though I trust ARCs to not make it so.. on a bare bones level all of these guys are gonna play like a mixed combonation of already existing characters in the game anyway.
So out side of Aesthetics ( Which all games before this not including Super DBZ where mostly built for, though they are important) why on Earth are you guys complaining again.. Because your favorite guy didn't and probably wont make the cut for this game?.. c'mon yall.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.