"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:56 pm

The only thing I hate in the game is the fixed encounters in the Arcade ladders. Not only do you fight the same characters in the same order, the dlc characters are not integrated in the ladders as well. I sincerely detest this.

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 pm

MCDaveG wrote:I am really sad about the butthurt fanboys on FB throwing acid in the comments, just because it is not Budokai Tenkaichi or XV
It's unfortunate, but that's how it goes. Comment sections are the most regrettable thing on the internet.

I love both FighterZ and XenoVerse and think it's a shame so many people who only like one of the two feel like they have to throw shade on the other group.
As if that somehow gives their own opinion more validation. All it does is expose insecurity and mental immaturity.

On a more positive note; cool to read you're enjoying the game!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Tenshinhan-san wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:I am really sad about the butthurt fanboys on FB throwing acid in the comments, just because it is not Budokai Tenkaichi or XV
It's unfortunate, but that's how it goes. Comment sections are the most regrettable thing on the internet.

I love both FighterZ and XenoVerse and think it's a shame so many people who only like one of the two feel like they have to throw shade on the other group.
As if that somehow gives their own opinion more validation. All it does is expose insecurity and mental immaturity.

On a more positive note; cool to read you're enjoying the game!
Well, I don’t wanna be bitter against the people, I enjoyed both XV games as well during their prime, it is just somehow tiresome to encounter tons of comments against one game and still going about decade old games. It is just that I am member of Kanzenshuu for years and I like how the atmosphere here is friendly and constructive, that it often comes as a shock outside :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:04 pm

unplayable online.

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:36 pm

nosferatu wrote:unplayable online.
Well that's just not true at all.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Not true in the broad sense, but my goodness, every time I come back into the game to play Ring Party Matches, it runs worse each time.

Where all my friends and people who join are green/blue bars yet still stays at 19 frames and rarely drops down which never happened around the beginning of the game's life. If you're not playing Casual/Ranked, the stability of the online changes way too much.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:41 pm

MCDaveG wrote:snip
Glad you're enjoying the game.

I have no advice for the arcade mode, it's just not fun to play against the npc. I did the first three arcades and never touched the mode again.
Pick the characters you like worry about team synergy and such when you're more used to the game.

I also play in Europe(steam) and have no problems getting matches outside of bad hours like very late at nigh until lunch time.
nosferatu wrote:unplayable online.
Are you wired? Playing a fighting game in a wi-fi connection usualy doesn't make for a good experience. My experience is very different from your's, 95% of my matches are great(2/3 frames of delay).
Logania wrote:Not true in the broad sense, but my goodness, every time I come back into the game to play Ring Party Matches, it runs worse each time.

Where all my friends and people who join are green/blue bars yet still stays at 19 frames and rarely drops down which never happened around the beginning of the game's life. If you're not playing Casual/Ranked, the stability of the online changes way too much.
That's really weird. It shouldn't care about if you're in casual or ring matches or whatever. :think: I know from others that the game netcode is mediocre at best but I had a great experience on PC.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:49 pm

LightBing wrote: That's really weird. It shouldn't care about if you're in casual or ring matches or whatever. :think: I know from others that the game netcode is mediocre at best but I had a great experience on PC.
Not too knowledgable when dealing with connections and how it works in online games, but I just think it may deal with multiple users at once. Casuals and Ranked where it's just me and the opponent it runs great like 2/3 frames. Even when it's just me and a friend in a ring match alone its good, but as soon as people start spectating or when it's 3v3 party match, it just starts to jump up and stay near 10+ frames.

I have wired connection and around 64mbps as well as my friends I play with, maybe I'm just unlucky with FighterZ online lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:19 am

Its not your fault the servers are horrible i never saw bad servers like this in the past 25 years.

And wifi or ethernet doesnt matter in these days a good wifi today is just as good its not like 10 years before. So stop spreading nonsense when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Inn fighting games its peer to peer and Download speed doesnt matter in online play ping is importantt and if you have constamnt 3mbps you are good to go.

I have the best internet available in my country.

Game is very well done but the bad serverss are killing it. Even 6 months laater it got worse at best, so it will never change feels like 97 servers. funny thing i own the game on Pc and Xbox one x Server are mucch much better on Pc ironically rage quitters and lag switcher are all on pc sad ppl. :crazy:

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 am

The connection on PS4 works fine as far as I've experienced it. My only complaint in that regard would be towards the matchmaking, which should not take 10+ minutes for an unranked match on a weekend. Yet it consistently does take between 10 and 20 minutes before the game matches me with an opponent.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:31 am

Logania wrote:
LightBing wrote: That's really weird. It shouldn't care about if you're in casual or ring matches or whatever. :think: I know from others that the game netcode is mediocre at best but I had a great experience on PC.
Not too knowledgable when dealing with connections and how it works in online games, but I just think it may deal with multiple users at once. Casuals and Ranked where it's just me and the opponent it runs great like 2/3 frames. Even when it's just me and a friend in a ring match alone its good, but as soon as people start spectating or when it's 3v3 party match, it just starts to jump up and stay near 10+ frames.

I have wired connection and around 64mbps as well as my friends I play with, maybe I'm just unlucky with FighterZ online lol
Oh yeah party matches is near impossible, just a single person with an average connection and it's all pushed down. I was thinking you were talking about normal ring matches and was scratching my head.
I think the best party match I got was at 6 frames of delay. Most of them are above 10 frames.

Don't know about spectating if that happens then it's pretty damn stupid.
nosferatu wrote:Its not your fault the servers are horrible i never saw bad servers like this in the past 25 years.

And wifi or ethernet doesnt matter in these days a good wifi today is just as good its not like 10 years before. So stop spreading nonsense when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Inn fighting games its peer to peer and Download speed doesnt matter in online play ping is importantt and if you have constamnt 3mbps you are good to go.

I have the best internet available in my country.

Game is very well done but the bad serverss are killing it. Even 6 months laater it got worse at best, so it will never change feels like 97 servers. funny thing i own the game on Pc and Xbox one x Server are mucch much better on Pc ironically rage quitters and lag switcher are all on pc sad ppl. :crazy:
Wi-Fi isn't just as good as wired it's slower, has higher latency and is much, much more unstable, every little thing might interfere with it. It's significantly worst. While this doesn't usually affect regular internet activities it affects online gaming.

I advice you to read on this your current assumption is wrong. Don't blame the game if you're playing on wi-fi. Not to say the game doesn't have problems.

It's probably better on PC because they are more commonly wired. Nothing to do with servers. You call it unplayable but apparently you've played enough in two platforms to have a sample that gives you confidence to call out a whole community above the other.

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:40 am

Its garbage i sold it due to that you have no clue.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:24 pm

MCDaveG wrote:
What I miss in the game, is not having the option to play 1 vs 1 outside of story mode, maybe just for the local mode only :(
:
Cool to hear you're enjoying the game. Welcome to the club!
The Switch version will have 1 vs 1 battles so chances are this feature will come to the other consoles as an update.

I love the team mechanic but 1 vs 1 would be cool option and a great way to learn just one character.

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:13 am

Jord wrote:The Switch version will have 1 vs 1 battles so chances are this feature will come to the other consoles as an update.
I've read that a lot on here and can't find a source to that.
The official press releases seem to hint at the local switch multiplayer capabilites (1v1 being the use of 2 switch consoles for local multiplayer as in 1 player vs 1 player) and not for a 1 character vs 1 character mode. Am I just mistaken or did I miss a specific announcement? :shock:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get a 1 character vs 1 character mode as well, but I think people might be misunderstanding the announcement.

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:14 am

Jord wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:
What I miss in the game, is not having the option to play 1 vs 1 outside of story mode, maybe just for the local mode only :(
:
Cool to hear you're enjoying the game. Welcome to the club!
The Switch version will have 1 vs 1 battles so chances are this feature will come to the other consoles as an update.

I love the team mechanic but 1 vs 1 would be cool option and a great way to learn just one character.
Bandai Namco have said numerous times on twitter what is exclusive to the Switch version will stay exclusive to the Switch version.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Tried online today and man, it really is bad with the connection.
There is no problem to find room and connect with other players, but when someone doesn't have stable or fast connection, it brings the game down with him.
All the matches I've played so far were pretty laggy and it's hard to play the game normally, when you try to catch upon the lag.

As this game is one of the most entertaining fighters I've played recently next to Injustice or MKX, the online service is probably the worst I've encountered in years...
Except for Online in Saint Seiya Soldier Soul when you play against someone from Latin America (not mean't as an insult, but it's pretty far and I dunno how fast internet is around the globe), the game froze totally.
I have 300 Mb/s and don't have any issues by myself.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:05 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Tried online today and man, it really is bad with the connection.
There is no problem to find room and connect with other players, but when someone doesn't have stable or fast connection, it brings the game down with him.
All the matches I've played so far were pretty laggy and it's hard to play the game normally, when you try to catch upon the lag.

As this game is one of the most entertaining fighters I've played recently next to Injustice or MKX, the online service is probably the worst I've encountered in years...
Except for Online in Saint Seiya Soldier Soul when you play against someone from Latin America (not mean't as an insult, but it's pretty far and I dunno how fast internet is around the globe), the game froze totally.
Speed does no matter, only ping. Netcode DBFZ is bad. I'm living in a middle of nowthere in Russia. So, when I'm playing DBFZ, I always have lag. Input delay is no less, than 5 FPS. When I'm playing some other fighting games, it's OK. For instance, matches in BB Tag I barely feel any lag, a lot of matches is felt like at home. And BBTag was developed by ArcSys too.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:Tried online today and man, it really is bad with the connection.

Speed does no matter, only ping. Netcode DBFZ is bad. I'm living in a middle of nowthere in Russia. So, when I'm playing DBFZ, I always have lag. Input delay is no less, than 5 FPS. When I'm playing some other fighting games, it's OK. For instance, matches in BB Tag I barely feel any lag, a lot of matches is felt like at home. And BBTag was developed by ArcSys too.
Yeah, I am fan of Guilty Gear series since first XX back then and Xrd doesn't have these multiplayer issues as well, so I hope they will patch it in fighterz soon.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Currently my main team in FighterZ is composed by SSJ Goku, Goku Black and the third is between A16 or A21, currently I feel A16 is the more fun to play with.

I'm also testing Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta as alternative third member.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:35 pm

You're kidding me! ArcSys does not intend to bring the 1v1 and 2v2 option to the other consoles and PC? That's a huge &*ck move right there.