"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:41 pm

AgitoZ wrote:So does anyone have any concrete evidence it's Toei? All that I've seen has just been speculation and all the tournament organizers have kept it vague. I wouldn't put it past them but I'd like something tangible before throwing them under the bus.

I'd also be curious as to what exactly their asking. Is the license too high a cost? Was Toei too demanding and was asking for even streaming rights or something?

If Bandai or Arcsys were that interested in making DBFZ a true competitive tournament fighter then I feel like someone at either company should've had enough foresight to include tournament rights into the initial contract.
I heard people saying that it isn't Toei, but Shueisha behind this bizarre development.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:07 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
AgitoZ wrote:So does anyone have any concrete evidence it's Toei? All that I've seen has just been speculation and all the tournament organizers have kept it vague. I wouldn't put it past them but I'd like something tangible before throwing them under the bus.

I'd also be curious as to what exactly their asking. Is the license too high a cost? Was Toei too demanding and was asking for even streaming rights or something?

If Bandai or Arcsys were that interested in making DBFZ a true competitive tournament fighter then I feel like someone at either company should've had enough foresight to include tournament rights into the initial contract.
I heard people saying that it isn't Toei, but Shueisha behind this bizarre development.
I cant think of a single logical reason to do this.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Toei's English twitter claims to have no knowledge about preventing DBFZ tournaments.

Now this could be a big nothing burger since this is just the US branch's Twitter. Interesting nonetheless.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:32 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:

Toei doesn't own anything that isn't animation related, Shueisha however is the owner of the entire DB brand. Bandai could also be to blame since their the owners of the games but since this isn't an habit they have it's probably Shueisha behind all of this.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Toei doesn't own anything that isn't animation related, Shueisha however is the owner of the entire DB brand. Bandai could also be to blame since their the owners of the games but since this isn't an habit they have it's probably Shueisha behind all of this.
I'm more talking about WHY they would want to stop tournaments.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:46 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
The only one I can think of is money.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:02 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Because they want to get paid every time someone else uses their IP.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Seems like it will be resolved...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHtptDC7yhc

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Thank Christ.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:24 pm

While good news nothing is resolved. We just got a very strong allied on Bandai.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/statu ... 6329737216

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:48 pm

God bless Harada-san, always doing his bit for the fans.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 pm

tinlunlau wrote:https://youtu.be/klE8fZs2KsI

No idea what this deluxe edition has to offer
Huh? It says in the trailer that it's the base game plus the FighterZ pass.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:34 pm

That's strange, I would have expected the announcement of Year 2 DLCs by the end of last year, and now we're back in January, almost a year after the game's release, and still no words of extra characters.

Are they waiting for the anniversary of the release date to announce it?
Or will Namco Bandai tell the developers "for more new content and characters now, focus on a full-priced Fighterz 2 rather than small-priced DLC"?

It's strange that they don't already promote "be ready for eight new characters and buy them all right now with our new Season Pass!"

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:04 pm

The last chance of a FighterZ Season 2 will be shown at the last event of the FighterZ World Tour at the end of January. If there's no announcement at that event then there probably wont be a new pass and is waiting on a sequel.

With Arcsys already working on Granblue Versus, a new Guilty Gear, a new BlazBlue and new crossover on Cross Tag Battle right now that means Team Red/Blue are both busy and FighterZ might not be the focus at the moment. I hope not because I need Gogeta but I'm not expecting anything for awhile.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:11 am

DLC should be free taking into account the amount of damage my controller takes doing the combos.

I do prefer new content being announced after the movie release(worldwide). I mean, it is way succesful of a game to not ride the Broly movie wave. XV2 releasing the characters early on has been sort of weird and with not such great results regarding the ToP finale DLC.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:53 am

I think everyone is waiting for Season 2 DLC, because we are spoiled by XV2. But honestly, releasing deluxe version of the game with all the DLC is the last and clean indicator, that the DLC run for FighterZ has ended and ArcSys fighters are known for having lesser characters, focusing more on the fighting aspect. I was actually surprised, that we got that many extra characters already - 8.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 am

MCDaveG wrote:But honestly, releasing deluxe version of the game with all the DLC is the last and clean indicator, that the DLC run for FighterZ has ended
I wouldn't necessarily take that to mean much. XV2 got a similar release that packed in DLC 1-4 and that went on to have double the amount of expected DLC releases which said "Deluxe Version" then didn't cover.

It may be an Arc game, but it's still ultimately Bandai Namco writing the check at the end of the day.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 pm

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 am

LightBing wrote:News are coming on the 14th.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 8907734016
great, cant wait. :D

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:34 am

I would like ASW introduced a system that allowed purchasing the DLC characters using the in-game money (like how Street Fighter V does it).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.