"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
IM21
Banned
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:45 am
Location: Hell

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IM21 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 pm

I guess they'll announce season 2 on monday and at least one character and perhaps a stage. The other character will be then announced at the Tournament Finals at the end of the month. I am also pretty sure Gogeta and Broly won't be the first 2.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Raditz
Dabura
Kefla
Jiren
Broly BR
Gogeta
Bojack
Janemba

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 pm

I'm hoping for Gogeta blue, new Brolli yellow eyed form, and either Kefla or Caulifla.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by zarmack » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 pm

My Season 2 picks:

1. Jiren
2. Kefla (or Kale w/Caulifla)
3. Janemba
4. Omega Shenron
5. Roshi
6. Gogeta
7. Toppo
8. Mira or Towa

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1399
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:49 pm

I still think we won't get Super Broly in season 2 and the version of Gogeta we do get will be Fusion Reborn version, paired with Janemba (though the yellow jacket will probably be his colour 2). Characters have a long turn-around in this game, it's too soon for the movie characters. There's always the possibility this game gets an updated re-release that replaces the existing Broly and Gogeta with the new versions. Maybe Gogeta will be Super Saiyan by default and go Blue for a level 3, letting them have Dramatic Finishes with both Janemba and Broly.

Aside from Gogeta and Janemba, I'd say Jiren is a guarantee, Kefla is highly likely, as is Ultra Instinct Goku. Roshi would be a good darkhorse pick, same with Videl, Dabura and/or Raditz.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 am

Kataphrut wrote:I still think we won't get Super Broly in season 2 and the version of Gogeta we do get will be Fusion Reborn version, paired with Janemba (though the yellow jacket will probably be his colour 2). Characters have a long turn-around in this game, it's too soon for the movie characters. There's always the possibility this game gets an updated re-release that replaces the existing Broly and Gogeta with the new versions. Maybe Gogeta will be Super Saiyan by default and go Blue for a level 3, letting them have Dramatic Finishes with both Janemba and Broly.

Aside from Gogeta and Janemba, I'd say Jiren is a guarantee, Kefla is highly likely, as is Ultra Instinct Goku. Roshi would be a good darkhorse pick, same with Videl, Dabura and/or Raditz.
We already have Bardock and Broly, I dont think it's too much to ask.

Besides, New Broly can easily fit with the three vegetas, four gokus. He's different enough.

I'd rather see other characters but I dont think Bojack is popular enough, and Raditz, as much as I love him, would not be someone I see people paying for as DLC without them doing something with his whole tanking shots and trickery to make him the 'hakumen' of this game. A counter character with projectile defense built into his kit.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7490
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Raditz
Dabura
Kefla
Jiren
Broly BR
Gogeta
Bojack
Janemba
Are these confirmed?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16431
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Noah wrote:Are these confirmed?
No. Nothing has been so much as officially announced in the first place, nevermind confirmed.

There's obvious teasing going on for upcoming announcements, but nothing specific has been stated.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Logania
Regular
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm

If they're announcing a season 2, I hope they add or work on mechanics, like more defensive options instead of just little tweaks for characters.

Like reworking the reflect would be great, or implementing a push block that uses a bar to push the enemy nearly full screen and reset the neutral. Something that makes the corner an almost death sentence for one mistake bareable and give you another option for defense.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by zarmack » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Would anyone want guest characters for DBFZ? If so then who would be your 4 picks from other anime?

User avatar
Logania
Regular
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:12 pm

zarmack wrote:Would anyone want guest characters for DBFZ? If so then who would be your 4 picks from other anime?
I wouldn't mind guest characters to be honest (even though it's only a Dragon Ball game)

Jotaro Kujo
Naruto (Six Paths Mode)
Dont have other characters I want, just these 2 mainly. Naruto in his Six Paths Mode will blend right in with the other Saiyans and Jotaro...well I need JoJo in some fighting game, dammit.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:10 pm

Something I would like them to would be ability to cancel the Super Dash by spending 1 meter bar (it would work by pressing back, depending where the character is facing).

Another thing I would like to be added would be rewarding successful reflects by gaining ki, depending on which type of move is being reflected:

Example numbers (will be using % cause Imdont know the exact number of 1 bar):

Normals and regular ki blasts: 15% extra ki per reflects.
Specials: 25% extra ki per reflects.
Supers: 50% extra ki per reflects.
Lore is NOT story, and it never was, and you should stop spreading this nonsense.
Content is NOT substance.
Bunch of characters doing stuff do NOT make an esemble cast.
Secondary characters are secondary, they do NOT deserve or are entitled to having more screen time.
Fandom Lacks Critical Thinking and is Easily Impressionable with Surface Level Content.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 am

Logania wrote:
zarmack wrote:Would anyone want guest characters for DBFZ? If so then who would be your 4 picks from other anime?
I wouldn't mind guest characters to be honest (even though it's only a Dragon Ball game)

Jotaro Kujo
Naruto (Six Paths Mode)
Dont have other characters I want, just these 2 mainly. Naruto in his Six Paths Mode will blend right in with the other Saiyans and Jotaro...well I need JoJo in some fighting game, dammit.
Dragonball has a big enough roster without guests, I got sick of guests around the time Mortal Kombat decided it was better to shove Jason and Leatherface in to games instead of making NPC's already in the games, like Rain and Baraka, playable.

User avatar
supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:10 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Anything other than Janemba would be a crime.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 am

I really hope there are some cool reveals today.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Janemba.
Dr. Gero.
Roshi.
Jiren.
Toppo.
Super Boo.
Zarbon.

These are the ones I want. Indifferent to anyone else.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Janemba.
Dr. Gero.
Roshi.
Jiren.
Toppo.
Super Boo.
Zarbon.

These are the ones I want. Indifferent to anyone else.
I wont lie, I'd absolutely hate it if these two made it in before Raditz or some more movie villains. they're welcome, but I don't think they're priority material

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:57 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Janemba.
Dr. Gero.
Roshi.
Jiren.
Toppo.
Super Boo.
Zarbon.

These are the ones I want. Indifferent to anyone else.
I wont lie, I'd absolutely hate it if these two made it in before Raditz or some more movie villains. they're welcome, but I don't think they're priority material

And I'd hate it if Raditz made it before those three you bolded. :P

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Janemba.
Dr. Gero.
Roshi.
Jiren.
Toppo.
Super Boo.
Zarbon.

These are the ones I want. Indifferent to anyone else.
I wont lie, I'd absolutely hate it if these two made it in before Raditz or some more movie villains. they're welcome, but I don't think they're priority material

And I'd hate it if Raditz made it before those three you bolded. :P
and that's totally cool. I just feel Raditz is too much of a standard in dragon ball games to really miss him without it feeling odd. He's so regular now that's like skipping Gohan and it just doesn't feel right to me.

I'd love to see what they do with him, given how they changed up Nappa into a summoner type rather than the more obvious 'big man juggernaut' like Brolt ended up (and how Nappa usually ends up)

User avatar
Logania
Regular
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:30 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Dragonball has a big enough roster without guests, I got sick of guests around the time Mortal Kombat decided it was better to shove Jason and Leatherface in to games instead of making NPC's already in the games, like Rain and Baraka, playable.
Indeed it is big enough, however if they added a guest character it wouldn't be a huge deal for me if it was like 1 and wasn't too different to Dragon Ball like another Shonen character.

I was never really bothered by guest characters in fighting games as long as it fits in the world the games set in without sticking out like a sore thumb. A lot of guests in MK I thought were ok like Predator/Alien and Jason, although around season 2 of MKX got a bit too much with Leatherface. Don't need over 4 guests. But things like Negan in Tekken aren't really a good choice and shouldn't be in it.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Post Reply