"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:00 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:My predictions for DLC Characters, assuming there are as many this season as Last Season
Predictions subject to change
I dont think we'll get this many U6 fighters in one go, especially not Kale, Caulifla and Kefla all at once, with Kale coming alongside new Broly. I think Cabba has better odds of showing up than all three of them together
After Posting I realized that I left Toppo off the list. I'd have him take Caulifla's place.

As for Cabba,personally I just don't think he'd have an interesting moveset

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:37 am

jcogginsa wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:My predictions for DLC Characters, assuming there are as many this season as Last Season
Predictions subject to change
I dont think we'll get this many U6 fighters in one go, especially not Kale, Caulifla and Kefla all at once, with Kale coming alongside new Broly. I think Cabba has better odds of showing up than all three of them together
After Posting I realized that I left Toppo off the list. I'd have him take Caulifla's place.

As for Cabba,personally I just don't think he'd have an interesting moveset
that's fair, I figured Cabba could be used for rekkas and have his energy kick moves to control space as a V-13-ed version of Vegeta. Fast, hits hard, zoner, glass cannon.

Here's a question, would Bojack be a grappler, a striker, or something else?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:48 pm

I could see Bojack being a "Big Body" just like Broly and Nappa.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I could see Bojack being a "Big Body" just like Broly and Nappa.
yeah but Nappa isnt really a 'big body' character in the same way as Broly.

In Street Fighter, for example, you have two obvious ones, Zangief and Abigail. One is a grappler, the other is all about striking and has a command grab in there as part of his specials. The two dont play the same despite their size and frame.

I wonder how Bojack would work in, hes got a bear hug, but he has trap shooter, so I think he could be a long ranger too. In fact, possibly make him a guy who fights well from point blank and far, but not so much mid?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Yeah, I know they don't play the same. I just thought of those 2, but Broly would be the most similar. He'd likely have a barrier just like Broly, a command grab, and just a bunch of different Chi-blasts. I really don't think Bojack will be in, though.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:39 pm

Meh, screw Bojak. Give me GoD Toppo as a big body character.

Although truth be told, I'm not really sure how they could differentiate him from Broly.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Meh, screw Bojak. Give me GoD Toppo as a big body character.

Although truth be told, I'm not really sure how they could differentiate him from Broly.
See I suggested this a bit ago, have Toppo use the other pride troopers, like Cocotte's barrier or Vuon's justice whip as set up for his justice flash which he can shoot at different angles. Or have him build up meter to go into his god mode and become extremely strong at the cost of losing his allies while he's active. Think like how Sol Badguy uses Dragon Install in Guilty Gear. He becomes a high speed high power maniac with new attack properties.

I think Bojack could work, but its a question of how they choose to differentiate him from others. Personally I like him enough to want to see him in more games.

You could even give him a pirate metal theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuxFUL4X970

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:45 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:

See I suggested this a bit ago, have Toppo use the other pride troopers, like Cocotte's barrier or Vuon's justice whip as set up for his justice flash which he can shoot at different angles. Or have him build up meter to go into his god mode and become extremely strong at the cost of losing his allies while he's active. Think like how Sol Badguy uses Dragon Install in Guilty Gear. He becomes a high speed high power maniac with new attack properties.

I think Bojack could work, but its a question of how they choose to differentiate him from others. Personally I like him enough to want to see him in more games.

I think help characters should only stick with Captain Ginew - they make him more unique. An exception would be a duo character (Kale & Caulifla, Gero & 19, etc.) where the moveset is entirely divided between the two characters.

But as for Toppo, I want him to be solo.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:55 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

I think help characters should only stick with Captain Ginew - they make him more unique. An exception would be a duo character (Kale & Caulifla, Gero & 19, etc.) where the moveset is entirely divided between the two characters.

But as for Toppo, I want him to be solo.
Nappa, 18, Goku Black and and Freeza have help, 18 and 17, Saibamaen and Sorbet. Goku Black can call Zamasu as well. It's not unique to Ginyu, but it's what those help functions do that make them different.

It already exists in the game as a concept, and dont de-value Ginyu, so long as they dont copy paste what the Ginyu Force can do, and they dont need to.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:04 pm

"Call in the Other Pride Troopers" seems like it Fits the General better than Toppo

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:04 am

jcogginsa wrote:"Call in the Other Pride Troopers" seems like it Fits the General better than Toppo
Khaseral? He doesn't show much, besides his energy blade hands, so I figured he could work into the kit as well as an unblockable special when charged.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:22 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:"Call in the Other Pride Troopers" seems like it Fits the General better than Toppo
Khaseral? He doesn't show much, besides his energy blade hands, so I figured he could work into the kit as well as an unblockable special when charged.
You mean Worked into Toppo's Kit?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:18 am

My prediction: first 4 will be ToP characters (Jiren and UI Goku, Kefla or Caulifla(with Kale) and Roshi maybe?), then 2 from the original DB (King Piccolo and kid Goku) and the remaining 2 will be Broly (maybe the Ikari form and can go SS) and Blue Gogeta from the movie.

I tried doing the good guy/bad guy(rival) thing they've been doing with the previous DLC

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:52 am

mute_proxy wrote:My prediction: first 4 will be ToP characters (Jiren and UI Goku, Kefla or Caulifla(with Kale) and Roshi maybe?), then 2 from the original DB (King Piccolo and kid Goku) and the remaining 2 will be Broly (maybe the Ikari form and can go SS) and Blue Gogeta from the movie.

I tried doing the good guy/bad guy(rival) thing they've been doing with the previous DLC
last season was quite odd, we got characters more connected by themes than rivalries. Siblings (Cooler and 17) Move saiyans (broly and bardock) fusions (vegito and zamasu) and base forms (goku and vegeta) but I do like the idea of four heroes four villains...

*prays for raditz*

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:03 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:My prediction: first 4 will be ToP characters (Jiren and UI Goku, Kefla or Caulifla(with Kale) and Roshi maybe?), then 2 from the original DB (King Piccolo and kid Goku) and the remaining 2 will be Broly (maybe the Ikari form and can go SS) and Blue Gogeta from the movie.

last season was quite odd, we got characters more connected by themes than rivalries. Siblings (Cooler and 17) Move saiyans (broly and bardock) fusions (vegito and zamasu) and base forms (goku and vegeta) but I do like the idea of four heroes four villains...

*prays for raditz*
No, I meant one was a good guy and the other was a villain/rival, not that they had relation to one another (also the way they're proportionally placed in the character selection screen, left side good guys, right side bad guys (except Vegeta Blue))

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:23 am

I think for Season 2, if we get another 8 characters, I'd like to see:

Pack 1: Jiren and UI
Pack 2: DBS Broly and Gogeta
Pack 3: Raditz and Roshi
Pack 4: Kefla and Janemba

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 am

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

*prays for raditz*
No, I meant one was a good guy and the other was a villain/rival, not that they had relation to one another (also the way they're proportionally placed in the character selection screen, left side good guys, right side bad guys (except Vegeta Blue))
Yeah I wasnt saying otherwise. I just thought it was interesting and unusual in fighting games to go with that many themes and allegiances on top of it. Normally I'm used to totally random stuff in games like Tekken or Street Fighter where at best one or two of them are connected to another character. Or the DLC characters are connected like Tekken 7 using Marduck and Armour King, or the SFV sets of Neo Shadaloo members.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:31 pm

I doubt very much that we will get broly super and gogeta ssb still has very few moves before the movie

but I think roshi, kefla or caulifla w / a kale are good options

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:00 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:yeah but Nappa isnt really a 'big body' character in the same way as Broly.

In Street Fighter, for example, you have two obvious ones, Zangief and Abigail. One is a grappler, the other is all about striking and has a command grab in there as part of his specials. The two dont play the same despite their size and frame.

I wonder how Bojack would work in, hes got a bear hug, but he has trap shooter, so I think he could be a long ranger too. In fact, possibly make him a guy who fights well from point blank and far, but not so much mid?
He also got a shield which blocked ki blasts, kinda what Broly has, as for trap shooter, it's honestly just generic ki blasts, and when implemented in the game they'll probably be treated as such, since Broly used them a lot too but only has it as generic ki blasts.

The only thing that makes Bojack stand out is how he doesn't mind fighting alongside his team mates, him, Zangya, Bujin and Bido all teamed up against Gohan, even though Gohan wasn't stronger than Bojack himself, so that could be implemented in his gameplay, maybe he could have a way to kill them too, crippling his mechanic, but could be compensated in some way, kinda like Tien and Chiaotzu, or maybe his attacks could already risk killing them by default, so they'd need to have strong attacks to give a reason why Bojack wouldn't attack, but if you do, and it hits them, they die, but you can have a much stronger mix up for that moment.

The question would be how to separate each one of them, since they largely have the same powers... Though noticeably Zangya and Bido go more for melee, even did some combos on Yamcha together.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:52 am

Lukmendes wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:yeah but Nappa isnt really a 'big body' character in the same way as Broly.

He also got a shield which blocked ki blasts, kinda what Broly has, as for trap shooter, it's honestly just generic ki blasts, and when implemented in the game they'll probably be treated as such, since Broly used them a lot too but only has it as generic ki blasts.

The only thing that makes Bojack stand out is how he doesn't mind fighting alongside his team mates, him, Zangya, Bujin and Bido all teamed up against Gohan, even though Gohan wasn't stronger than Bojack himself, so that could be implemented in his gameplay, maybe he could have a way to kill them too, crippling his mechanic, but could be compensated in some way, kinda like Tien and Chiaotzu, or maybe his attacks could already risk killing them by default, so they'd need to have strong attacks to give a reason why Bojack wouldn't attack, but if you do, and it hits them, they die, but you can have a much stronger mix up for that moment.

The question would be how to separate each one of them, since they largely have the same powers... Though noticeably Zangya and Bido go more for melee, even did some combos on Yamcha together.
I'm now imagining the idea of him having his allies as one time 'burnable' cancels which you can attack through the special move in order to get massive damage. Thats actually something I dont think I've seen with assist characters in these games. You raise an idea I actually like.

Thing with Trap shooter is you can use it like he fires it as a shotgun spread for zone and anti air control, or fire at point blank for a lot of hits. Perhaps a point blank one hits high mid low and thus is difficult to work against? He's one of those characters I think is more about how you impliment his kit rather than having something overly distinctive.

Like, I know Raditz isnt exactly the most unique, but I think you can play with his whole 'please dont hurt me' thing as a command grab/command counter, and have him be a sort of Hakumen/Terumi mix. Heck he even stomps on Goku over and over, and you can play that as a special attack for dealing with downed opponents. I also had an idea for one move based on his exchange with Piccolo where he tanks incomking energy blasts as 'white damage' and charges saturday crash, gaining a type of armour to everything except melee attacks before launching it as a fireball that goes through things.