"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:58 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 am
Tai Lung wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:49 pm
mute_proxy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:38 pm

I'm guessing it's Omega Shenron, the main hero and the main villain of GT
not longer takes into account the color?
not necessarily, remember jiren and videl?
I see the colors as just temporary placements now. I think adding a single GT goku to the roster to represent an entire series would not be right. Jiren and Videl "connect" with other characters already available. Shenron is kind of the "favorite" villain of GT too, and we do need a bad guy placed on the right side of the screen also. Just my thought
good as much sense as adding a GT character in Super - Z game

at this point the last character can be anyone
it could even be piccolo daimao

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:17 pm

MainJPW wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:30 pm That would be cool. I was thinking something more along the lines of the Path to Power Kamehameha because Infinite World GT Kid Goku uses that move:

Plus this Kid Goku will apparently have the Power Pole.
I do remember that move in Infinite World. GT Goku even said a similar line about not forgiving the enemy lol.
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:58 pm good as much sense as adding a GT character in Super - Z game

See, this is the kind of reasoning that just holds the roster and quality of a DB game back.

This is not a game where canon is supposed to matter. This isn't Toriyama's game. And neither is this branded as a Dragon Ball Super game.

People who care about not including different parts of the franchise, especially the popular aspects, into the game are narrow-minded.

For the record. Budokai 3, known as Dragon Ball Z 3 in Japan, had DB kid Goku, Pan, SSJ4 characters, and Yi Xing Long. There's already been precedent set for this.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:06 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:58 pm

It was never written to be a Z- Super game only.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Bullza wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:56 pm
HeroR wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:31 pmVegito and Gogeta don’t look like Goku. Heck, Vegito favors Vegeta more than Goku. That is just reaching.
He looks practically 90% the same as Goku.
That's Goku with slightly different hair and a pair of earrings. Goku in a different outfit. Just like Gogeta is Goku with a vest.

Again opposed to anybody else that actually looks different and isn't related to Goku.
Broly barely looks like OG Broly outside of Full Power Super Saiyan and so far, it seems Super Broly is using his Rage Design that looks nothing like Legendary Super Saiyan.
It doesn't matter, it's still a second Broly when most other characters don't have a first anything. Considering the game is such a sausage fest in the first place it's surprising that they haven't included Kefla already.
No he doesn't. He looks more like Vegeta in the facial structured and even then, Toriyama's only have like six designs for faces, which is why some character look alike, like how Yamcha and Gohan look similar at times.

Gogeta also doesn't look like Goku outside of some facial features like Gohan.

It does matter since outside of his name, he looks and probably won't play anything like OG Broly. And honestly, most people don't care about what sex as character is. They just want to play as their favorite character.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:16 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:06 pm

The cronology in the story of the game and all the list of previous characters
Rakurai wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:17 pm See, this is the kind of reasoning that just holds the roster and quality of a DB game back.

This is not a game where canon is supposed to matter. This isn't Toriyama's game. And neither is this branded as a Dragon Ball Super game.

People who care about not including different parts of the franchise, especially the popular aspects, into the game are narrow-minded.

For the record. Budokai 3, known as Dragon Ball Z 3 in Japan, had DB kid Goku, Pan, SSJ4 characters, and Yi Xing Long. There's already been precedent set for this.
-The cronology in the story of the game
-all the list of previous characters
-this game and the budokai 3 are very different at least it has coherence because the story of the game in budokai 3 includes those characters

I do not complain about the inclusion of GT characters only that he loses sense this point they could have add goku gt, omega or pan instead of goku base, vegeta base or videl and this way it would not be as out of place as now.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:16 pm

The chronology in the story doesnt matter, it's a game only story. The previous characters don't label the game, and there are already non canon contradicting characters involved like the old Broly. Adding GT characters makes as much sense as having non canon Z movie characters.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:16 pm

The chronology in the story doesnt matter, it's a game only story. The previous characters don't label the game, and there are already non canon contradicting characters involved like the old Broly. Adding GT characters makes as much sense as having non canon Z movie characters.
I not have said that or if the canon is import in here, is a game but yeah .. the ambience of this game add characters or story which is clearly Super - Z without including the DB OG or GT.

if they wanted to evitat that they should have added before it to characters instead of repeating previous versions of characters.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:23 pm

HeroR wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:49 pm No he doesn't. He looks more like Vegeta in the facial structured and even then, Toriyama's only have like six designs for faces, which is why some character look alike, like how Yamcha and Gohan look similar at times.
He does, that you need to argue facial structure just proves my point, it's plotting hairs. He looks 90% like Goku and even if you say he looks more like Vegeta then the same problem still applies as there's 3 of him in the game too.
It does matter since outside of his name, he looks and probably won't play anything like OG Broly.
Again that's irrelevant as any character would play different regardless.
And honestly, most people don't care about what sex as character is. They just want to play as their favorite character.
And they have. Goku is in the game, multiple times, Vegeta is in the game, multiple times, Broly is in the game, soon to be multiple times, a Goku and Vegeta fusion is in the game soon to be multiple times.

Yet plenty of unique characters aren't in the game even one time.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:28 am
goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:44 pm The thing is, regardless of how you slice it theres always gonna be a plethora of "Goku" (and to a slightly lesser extent Vegeta) options in a game like this or any Dragon Ball "Fighting game" where Transformations are treated like distinct characters to be honest.

Think about it, after you add Kefla, Janemba (because people wanna throw sword beams and have teleport parries) and Roshi OH and Dabura. How many more characters can you add thats gonna be 100% their own? Not Many, There's the One Star Dragon who's pretty cool on his own but then you have 3 & 4 star who are literally twin brothers... but then what after that?

Majin Veg.. Oh
Baby Ve... Oh
SS4 Ve... Oh
SS4 Goge.. Oh
SS4 Gok.. Oh
Ultra Ins.. Oh
Tul.. Oh

And thats already on top of what we have/know whats coming.

Super 17? Well then that'll make 3 Playable versions of Android 17 (well 2 and a half I guess)
Oh I know, Future Goh.. Oh two and half playable adult Gohans (including Saiya-Man) 3 and half counting Kid/Teen Gohan, thats too many Gohans.
I may be misreading, but are you saying that after Janemba, Roshi, Kefla and Dabura there aren't any other decent character choices other than Gokus and Vegetas?

Cause there are.
Anybody can made to be interesting with the right development team behind them. But my Point was that no matter how you slice it after they add "X" characters into the game, its still going to littered with Goku's and Vegeta's according to the logic of some folks.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:56 pm Anybody can made to be interesting with the right development team behind them. But my Point was that no matter how you slice it after they add "X" characters into the game, its still going to littered with Goku's and Vegeta's according to the logic of some folks.
They could add Master Roshi, Mercenary Tao, Raditz, Zarbon, Doctor Gero, Mr. Satan Pikkon, Dabura, Bojack, Janemba, Whis, Cabba, Magetta, Kefla, Toppo, Dispo, Omega Shenron etc.

They could easily have had a Season 2, 3 and 4 comfortably before ever having to add a third and a fourth Goku into the game.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:20 am

It's true it's all true!

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:32 am

It is confirmed.

I'm so pumped! He looks great!\

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 am

Same. Looks like a well-done mix between GT and Path to Power Goku. A good choice to bring diverse moveset, rather than just using one or the other.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:12 am

Awesome. Now we just need his SS4 to be confirmed, and they'll be hitting 3 birds with one stone by making DB Kid Goku, GT Kid Goku, and SS4 Goku all one character.

I was actually expecting him to be in SS1 by default during fights, as most saiyans with that ability have been. It does seem curious that his SS1 form seems to be getting overlooked when he spent quite a lot of time fighting in it in GT.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:00 am

Meh. I'll just wait to see how he looks in action.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:06 am

So ArcSystemWorks went the "Composite Character" route and basically combined DB Goku, Path To Power Goku and GT Goku into one.

Smart thinking.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:43 am

mute_proxy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:06 pm

Exactly. Saying GT shouldn’t be in the game because it’s “muh canon only” is such an asinine excuse. Plenty of games in the past, explicitly using the Z title have had DB and GT characters.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:10 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:06 am So ArcSystemWorks went the "Composite Character" route and basically combined DB Goku, Path To Power Goku and GT Goku into one.

Smart thinking.

I don't see any Path to Power in this outside the whole 'Path to Power had GT cloths'. It's basically what Xenoverse did. It's OG Kid Goku mixed GT Kid Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:11 pm

So rooflemonger just made another video on this and mentioned that a source of his who predicted GT Goku has said Janemba is next. He did say take it with a grain of salt but that it could be true, so we'll see.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Since it's Path to Power x GT Goku i hope he will have that damn epic Kamehameha.
I still think it's the best Kamehameha ever in franchise.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta