"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:46 am

To add to my previous post about the patch, there will be 1200 changes! They'll give us the full patch notes on the 26th. We might be playing a brand new game very soon.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:25 am

1200 changes? I think the number should be 120 (and even that's stretching a lot)? I don't know of any fighting game that that many changes...
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Here's an interesting thought. If Kid Goku goes SS4 does he keep the powerpole or does it magically disappear? SS4 with powerpole would be interesting.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:49 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:57 pm Here's an interesting thought. If Kid Goku goes SS4 does he keep the powerpole or does it magically disappear? SS4 with powerpole would be interesting.
Even Goku Xeno magically loses his power pole when he goes SSJ4.
Entire purpose of this kid Goku having power pole is to make mix of DB Goku and GT Goku, but there is no reason for SSJ4 to have it and i don't think it would make him interesting considering SSJ4 was meant to be more serious and primal form compared to his kid form.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:51 pm

If we have GT Goku, I feel we might get a GT villain. I guess UI will not be part of this season, and maybe it could even be a special move like SS4 or Golden Freeza for a Omen Goku or something like that.

I think we'll get Vegeta Baby.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:18 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:51 pm If we have GT Goku, I feel we might get a GT villain. I guess UI will not be part of this season, and maybe it could even be a special move like SS4 or Golden Freeza for a Omen Goku or something like that.

Yi Xi Long/Omega Shenron seems more likely.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:16 am

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:18 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:51 pm If we have GT Goku, I feel we might get a GT villain. I guess UI will not be part of this season, and maybe it could even be a special move like SS4 or Golden Freeza for a Omen Goku or something like that.

I think Omega would be with Gogeta, not Goku, especially kid Goku.
Although if Goku can't turn SSJ4 at all then i think Pan is better pick as it would make Kids themed pack.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:10 pm

A Bandai Namco employee may have spoiled the surprise … or he doesn't know what he's talking about.

It concerns SSJ4 Goku.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoLA/statu ... 5591581696

Translation: “It's secret, we suggest you play with #KidGoku to discover your third transformation. 😉

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:28 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:16 am

Although if Goku can't turn SSJ4 at all then i think Pan is better pick as it would make Kids themed pack.
It can't be Pan, the screen is split between good and bad, Goku is the good guy. Omega works, Goku used the universal genki against him ( his level 3 ) to beat him in base kid form, a dramatic finish could also be made

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxSr0cJblc

Shenron Appears!!
will that be the surprise? :think:

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:11 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxSr0cJblc

Shenron Appears!!
It can't be, it's either an intro or an outro.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:22 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:16 am

GT Goku's dramatic finisher can have Goku using the Universal Genki Dama against Super Yi Xi Long. It would make sense to release those two together.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:11 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxSr0cJblc

Shenron Appears!!
With the way he's just sitting on him I think it's the Outro

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:29 pm

Could riding on Shenron be his winning animation?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:29 pm Could riding on Shenron be his winning animation?
That looks more like his intro, the way base Goku comes in on his cloud.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Now how horrible would it be if this turned out to be an April Fool's joke? I'm sure it isn't but I sure would love to see a video preview for this soon.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Gligarman wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:02 pm Now how horrible would it be if this turned out to be an April Fool's joke? I'm sure it isn't but I sure would love to see a video preview for this soon.
Wouldn't be horrible, but it is too much effort for it to just be a joke.

Honestly, I feel like I would be more ok with this Goku's design if they advertised it as the "Path to Power" Goku rather than the GT one.

funrush

Post by funrush » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:42 pm

This is a weird pick, right?

I saw a lot of people wanting Kid Goku and SS4 Goku, but this is Kid Goku with a dash of SS3 Goku? I'm just trying to get into the mindset of the devs here. If he turned SS4 I'd get it, because then it'd be a consolidation of those two popular requests, but this just seems odd. They could have had a bunch of crazy DB Goku moves but instead we have the Spirit Bomb again, idk.

It'll be interesting to see who they pair with him (Baby, Pan, Raditz, Omega Shenron?), but if Jiren/Videl is any indication, maybe they don't care about that anymore.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 pm

funrush wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:42 pm This is a weird pick, right?

I saw a lot of people wanting Kid Goku and SS4 Goku, but this is Kid Goku with a dash of SS3 Goku? I'm just trying to get into the mindset of the devs here. If he turned SS4 I'd get it, because then it'd be a consolidation of those two popular requests, but this just seems odd. They could have had a bunch of crazy DB Goku moves but instead we have the Spirit Bomb again, idk.

It'll be interesting to see who they pair with him (Baby, Pan, Raditz, Omega Shenron?), but if Jiren/Videl is any indication, maybe they don't care about that anymore.
With Jiren and Videl, the theme was supposed to be that those two are both crime fighters.

Anyway, if Goku really can’t turn SSJ4 in this game, then I have no clue why they went with GT Goku in the first place. I know I’ve said this before, but if they wanted to include a variant of Kid Goku in this game, they should’ve either gone with OG Goku, or given GT Goku the ability to use his most popular transformation.

Still, maybe he can go Super Saiyan 4 in this game, and they’re just saving that until the trailer reveal. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.