"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:36 am

I would love more skins like Videl, but overall I am satisfied with the roster and only thing wasted for me, is the new Broly.
But with the experience with Fighterz so far, I believe that Gogeta and Brolly will be a hell of fun to play with :)

I certainly don`t wanna have UI Goku or SSBE Vegeta... it is like having a Buffed SSJ Goku, Trunks or Vegeta, but with Blue hair.
If anything comes at all, Roshi or even, first form Freeza, would be nice. Or King Piccolo :)

Bring in someone unexpected :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:51 am

I'm in the camp that hates we have 3 different Goku's as it is. BLUE should have been a transformation like Golden Frieza imo.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure WHY transformations as a whole we excluded. I'm not really buying the "balance" issue excuse.
Because you already have both Frieza and Gohan, who more or less transform. As for balance- if it costs 7 or whatever stacks to transform...isn't that balance enough for the opposing player?

Regardless, Goku Blue, imo, should have been a transformation.

As for characters being added:

1. Kefla
2. Roshi (I have no desire to use him but the fact that he's not in the game makes no sense)
3. Toppo
4 and 5 SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta (I'm not a huge fan of GT overall but if you throw Kid Goku in there, GT SHOULD be represented)
5. Pan
6. Baby
7. Omega Shenron
8. Z is well represented so maybe the "wolves" as one character, Cabba, or someone else from the tourney.
9. SSJ4 Gogeta

Goku UI? Vegeta's alterted blue form?

See. This is where the game royally fucked up. If you insist on having separating Goku's and Vegeta's, then the only thing that would have made sense is to add one transformations per character:

Regular Goku=Kaioken
SSJ Goku=SSJ3 (more than just the install)
Goku Blue=UI

But this is all blah blah blah wishful thinking.
Likely, we won't see a larger roster and more transformations until Z2.
-Questrider

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Questrider wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:51 am I'm in the camp that hates we have 3 different Goku's as it is. BLUE should have been a transformation like Golden Frieza imo.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure WHY transformations as a whole we excluded. I'm not really buying the "balance" issue excuse.
Because you already have both Frieza and Gohan, who more or less transform. As for balance- if it costs 7 or whatever stacks to transform...isn't that balance enough for the opposing player?

Regardless, Goku Blue, imo, should have been a transformation.

As for characters being added:

1. Kefla
2. Roshi (I have no desire to use him but the fact that he's not in the game makes no sense)
3. Toppo
4 and 5 SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta (I'm not a huge fan of GT overall but if you throw Kid Goku in there, GT SHOULD be represented)
5. Pan
6. Baby
7. Omega Shenron
8. Z is well represented so maybe the "wolves" as one character, Cabba, or someone else from the tourney.
9. SSJ4 Gogeta

Goku UI? Vegeta's alterted blue form?

See. This is where the game royally fucked up. If you insist on having separating Goku's and Vegeta's, then the only thing that would have made sense is to add one transformations per character:

Regular Goku=Kaioken
SSJ Goku=SSJ3 (more than just the install)
Goku Blue=UI

But this is all blah blah blah wishful thinking.
Likely, we won't see a larger roster and more transformations until Z2.
I agree. The lack of transformations, something Dragon Ball is known for, is a bit puzzling. I know supposedly in this game engine it's basically like having to create a whole new character, which I don't entirely buy, considering all of the vegeta's share moves.

And even if it is like creating a whole new character, why is that a problem? It works for Freeza. You could certainly do a MUI install on Blue or Base Goku, and You could do Evolution on Blue Vegeta. No need to add a whole new moveset, just add a level 5 or 7 super move specific to that transformation.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Found this on reddit, thought I should share:

"It was leaked way back after season 1 that Bamco and Arcsys have already moved on to DBFZ2. One or two credible leakers suggested it, and I have sources of my own who've said as much too. Season 2 was originally supposed to be bigger but a few characters got cut to be put into the sequel instead since they just ramped down production to focus on the second game. The fact that they dropped all promotion and marketing for the game (and Harada had to fight to keep the World Tour going), and they announced no more balance patches for a game that's still "live" (and early into its second season at the time) all but confirms it."

Here's more if you hold Reddit into high esteem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... _for_dbfz/

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:04 pm

omegacwa wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:44 am GT as a whole was ill thought out and I don't understand people who think it's better than Super.
You say that non cannon stuff isn't worth it but why is OG Broly there? Why is Janemba there? Why does Bardock have a complete moveset and a SSJ form yet in the manga, he didn't do anything but get vaporized by a meteor. Why does Fused Zamasu have his moveset from the anime when he fought very differently in the manga?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:56 pm

EXBadguy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:04 pm
omegacwa wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:44 am GT as a whole was ill thought out and I don't understand people who think it's better than Super.
You say that non cannon stuff isn't worth it but why is OG Broly there? Why is Janemba there? Why does Bardock have a complete moveset and a SSJ form yet in the manga, he didn't do anything but get vaporized by a meteor. Why does Fused Zamasu have his moveset from the anime when he fought very differently in the manga?
Where did I say that? I never said non canon stuff isn't worth it. I agree with the inclusion of the most popular movie characters.

I personally feel that other than SSJ4, there isn't much to draw upon from GT that is actually well liked by the fandom. Bebi? Omega Shenron? that's pretty much it. Other than being asthetically different I don't see the need for SSJ4 Gogeta if regular Gogeta is there.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 pm

- Kefla.
- Toppo.
- Roshi.
- A GT character (Omega?)

That's all I ask.

Please no more Goku and Vegeta, ENOUGH.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:41 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 pm - Kefla.
- Toppo.
- Roshi.
- A GT character (Omega?)

That's all I ask.

Please no more Goku and Vegeta, ENOUGH.
I'd be fine with the selection you have made. To me those are the best choices of what remains. There are plenty of characters who have a viable claim to appear, but those seem definite in a next season, or in a sequel.

Honestly I could see them adding 1 more Goku and one more Vegeta. MUI Goku and Majin Vegeta. If Arcsys really wanted to do it right they should make MUI and Evolution as Installs on SSB Goku and Vegeta. That way they don't take up another slot. Majin Vegeta could theoretically be a skin for SSJ Vegeta, with a dramatic finish added with Fat Buu.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:13 pm

it is assumed that now only one new character remains?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:13 pm it is assumed that now only one new character remains?
What do you mean? All characters for this season have been revealed.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:13 pm it is assumed that now only one new character remains?
I know that, but since most people seem to talk about new characters ...

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:35 am

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 pm
It's assumed that there will be 4 more

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:54 am

Just fan wishes for Season 3 if there was some. But I think that we are done, also, when I play the FighterZ now, I feel that the roster is too big already for a 3v3 fighter as it gets time consuming to try all the variations :)

I had fun with the game and the roster exceeded my expectations... it is just the stages, I would like some more iconic stages besides just the Tenkaichi Budokai, Cell Games, Kai World and Namek... the others are generic and interchangeable. Kami Palace and Snow area will be awesome. I loved the RR snow stage from Budokai 2 and missed it in later installments.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:09 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:35 am
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 pm What do you mean? All characters for this season have been revealed.
If they DO add 4 more characters and Roshi/Kefla/Toppo aren't three of them then Arcsys officially lost their minds.

Also more stages. Where are the new stages? The stage select is lopsided.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 pm What do you mean? All characters for this season have been revealed.
Is it based on any statement or datamining? I seriously doubt that, the game is crowded as it is now and FighterZ glory faded a little.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Is it based on any statement or datamining? I seriously doubt that, the game is crowded as it is now and FighterZ glory faded a little.
Datamining I think, there were pics of character loading screens with temporary name tags instead of names. It was posted in this post a bit back

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:44 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Datamining I think, there were pics of character loading screens with temporary name tags instead of names. It was posted in this post a bit back
Whoa, cool if it turns into something. Love this game so much :)

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:01 pm

ok if so i would prefer that the next 4 characters be :think:

Caulifla with kale as support, kefla could be a special movement how SSJ4 of kid goku

Roshi, representing the DB OG

Omega shenron, with the movements of the other dragons

Raditz or Dabura

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 am

Ha! Like I said before, Gogeta's win pose being the one from the movie's credits where he proudly shows his pecs was pretty much a given! Now V-Jump confirmed it with the pictures.

It was also pretty much expected that the fusion dance would be the intro, just like for Gotenks, so we can see it in the pictures too.

It's going to be more complicated to guess for Broly though!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:07 pm

Jord wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:22 am I'm just glad we're actually getting interesting characters instead of suggestions like Super crap like Kofla, Frost and that horrible U8 Saiyan that looks up to Vegeta.
U8 has no Saiyans, mate.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?