"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:57 am

Roshi will never make it unfortunately, stop dreaming and be realistic.

Anyways, I think only Ssj (or Ssj2) Kefla will 100% be included. As for the others we can only speculate.

Honestly, my choiches would be:
- Kefla.
- GoD Toppo (but I have a feeling it won't happen).
- Omega Shenron (but I have a feeling they included GT Goku only because Goku day was coming and they needed to add a "different" version of him, not because they care about GT).
- Raditz.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:33 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:09 am I think that the game is already overpopulated a little... Jiren and Videl was a nice touch but now with 4 more characters (with Broly not yet released), the roster is already huuuuuge for a fighting game of this format.

So, getting two new extra characters MAX, would be nice, but in my opinion not neccesary gameplay wise.
Personally, I think that Broly will be the last and if there will be FighterZ 2, I wonder how they will adress roster this huge + adding characters...

BTW. Gogeta is BEAST, have him in my P2P team and damn, he really is an asshole if handled right...
My team is complete with Gogeta, No. 17 and Vegetto... less skilled people rage quit and when you break trough the defense of experienced player, the scales tip really fast.

I like how this game is different from Guilty Gear, where you can defeat opponent trough endless combo if you time it right,
in FighterZ, the gameplay is batshit crazy!
I could see them just doing a few more characters and then FighterZ 2 shortly after next gen console release.

But I wouldn't say the game has a huuuuuge roster for this type of fighting game (tag fighter). Marvel 2 had way more characters, regular Marvel 3 launched with more characters than FighterZ plus s1 and s2 and later Ultimate added more, Marvel Infinite launched with 9 more and with only 1 season has more total, Street Fighter x Tekken had more than DBFZ plus dlc at launch and added many more.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:48 am

TobyS wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm Unlikely but do you think there will be more story DLC?
As long as they give an option to use characters currently unavailable in this mode, I'd be happy

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:24 am

Jord wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:48 am
TobyS wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm Unlikely but do you think there will be more story DLC?
As long as they give an option to use characters currently unavailable in this mode, I'd be happy
Having any more chars would make it too easy wouldn't it? Like you rotate the ones you got to save their hp/regen etc.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:32 pm

My choices:

- Chaozu (What? We got 17.)
- Toppo
- Roshi (if lack of flight kills him then Dabra or Pikkon)
- Kefla

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:06 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:24 am
Jord wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:48 am
Having any more chars would make it too easy wouldn't it? Like you rotate the ones you got to save their hp/regen etc.
That is a good point. |n that case they should fix it that you can set your character set at the start of the campaign so you have the same amounts of slots but just with different characters.

Another small peeve of mine is that the clones don't talk during fights. This is especially distracting during super move animations in which we see their lips clearly moving. If they wanted to make them different just put an effect on the clones' voices.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:10 pm

MainJPW wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:32 pm My choices:

- Chaozu (What? We got 17.)
- Toppo
- Roshi (if lack of flight kills him then Dabra or Pikkon)
- Kefla
Toppo
Roshi
Kefla

At this point I have seen so many people ask for these three that they SHOULD be a lock. But since we haven't gotten Roshi yet and he was the #1 most requested character makes me think it's never going to happen.

Lack of flight is not an excuse. Most of the time characters don't even "fly" in this game. The only issue would be Dragon Rush, which they could theoretically disable or give him some other move.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:10 pm

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/oct ... formation/

Rumor is the next issue of V-Jump will show off some things from Super Broly. His level 3 will have him turn Super Saiyan, breaking his armor and then he stays like that. If true thats a bit of a different way than I thought they would go. I was thinking he would start base then have that rage powered up state as an install and SS and LSS as supers. Also if true that would be the biggest change to a character model in regular play since its basically just been color changes and Videl's hair.

Another rumor is 21 will become playable in Xenoverse 2.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:43 am

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:01 pm

I was expecting a bland Ssj FP Broly but instead we're getting three transformations (probably).

I love this game.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:05 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:01 pm I was expecting a bland Ssj FP Broly but instead we're getting three transformations (probably).

I love this game.
No I believe just one or two install transformations

He's in his rage form from the get-go

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:41 pm

I just released a video concept for Master Roshi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK76-bflfUc
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:29 am

Here's Broly:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:29 am Here's Broly:
Never realized just how high his stats are till now.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:22 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:29 am Here's Broly:
Does he come through a door after axed it ? :D

Wonder now if at the release of Broly they will announce a season pass 3 :think:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:51 am

Everyone promotional stats compared:

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:29 am

I was scared Ikari would not make the cut, I'm really happy it is Broly's default form. His stats are also crazy high, trough I'm surprised both him and Gogeta are still "weaker" than Beerus. That is not entirely their fault tho, so...
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:39 am

Broly screenshots:

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:43 am

Unlike Z Broly, I can feel the rage in these screenshots. I think Super Broly should stay in the sequel and the movie Z Broly should take a hike.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:43 am Unlike Z Broly, I can feel the rage in these screenshots. I think Super Broly should stay in the sequel and the movie Z Broly should take a hike.
Speak it for yourself. As Z Broly (at least in Movie 8 ) is much better than a full blooded Saiyan version of Gohan or better yet "Saiyan Hulk" that Super Broly attempts to be.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?