"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:36 pm THIS is how you do Broly justice. Unstable, psychotic, with power that cannot be contained.

I stand by my opinion - DBS Broly makes DBZ Broly look completely unnecessary.

Now I wanna know who the S3 characters are ...
I'm betting it'll be like this:
  • Goku (Ultra Instinct)
  • Master Roshi
  • Toppo
  • Kefla
MainJPW wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:57 pm I had to go back and watch the DBZ version's trailer for comparison. Why is DBS Broly so raw?

I was thinking the same thing. None of the characters prior were so OD.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:19 am

I'm more just asking this for the curiosity and what might happen with the dub going forward, but who is going to voice this mad man now? I'm hoping they get a sound a like as I like the current voice of Broly, but a new direction could be fun too, especially debuting in a game where there isn't so much risk riding on it.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:39 am

nato25 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:19 am I'm more just asking this for the curiosity and what might happen with the dub going forward, but who is going to voice this mad man now? I'm hoping they get a sound a like as I like the current voice of Broly, but a new direction could be fun too, especially debuting in a game where there isn't so much risk riding on it.
They still haven't revealed it, and to be honest, at this point I don't think they will make a 'big announcement' out of it. It's likely the DLC will come out and we'll hear the voice there, and people will be guessing based on the sound of the voice, and the actor will probably confirm that it's them on Twitter or the like. And then, unfortunately, the floodgates will be open.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:08 pm

DBS Broly looks fantastic, also new stage, right?

I wish the Xenoverse team learns how to portray this kind of character after seeing this one.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:08 pm DBS Broly looks fantastic, also new stage, right?

I wish the Xenoverse team learns how to portray this kind of character after seeing this one.
No new stage has been announced.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:01 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:56 pm
Bardack can be replaced by his real version while we're at it, much better physically and mentally as well.
The "real" Bardock is already in the game.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:50 pm
Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:36 pm THIS is how you do Broly justice. Unstable, psychotic, with power that cannot be contained.

• Goku (Ultra Instinct)
  • Master Roshi
  • Toppo
  • Kefla
MainJPW wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:57 pm I had to go back and watch the DBZ version's trailer for comparison. Why is DBS Broly so raw?

Roshi is impossible I believe.
UI Goku would be cool and all, but damn, ANOTHER Goku?
Kefla is 100% confirmed if Season 3 happens, Kale and Caulifla are already in the game.
Toppo, I ain't sure. Let's hope so.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pmKefla is 100% confirmed if Season 3 happens, Kale and Caulifla are already in the game.
…. wut.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:08 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:07 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pmKefla is 100% confirmed if Season 3 happens, Kale and Caulifla are already in the game.
…. wut.
They were added as commentators but were removed in May. My bad.

Still, it remains the fact that there are files of them.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:08 am
Nickolaidas wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:07 pm
…. wut.
They were added as commentators but were removed in May. My bad.
Wait they were removed?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:50 pm

• Goku (Ultra Instinct)
  • Master Roshi
  • Toppo
  • Kefla

Roshi is impossible I believe.
UI Goku would be cool and all, but damn, ANOTHER Goku?
Kefla is 100% confirmed if Season 3 happens, Kale and Caulifla are already in the game.
Toppo, I ain't sure. Let's hope so.
Roshi is very much possible.
Toppo is a highly requested character so I definitely see him making it.
Xeogran wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am Wait they were removed?
Yes. I remember them being on the market for some time.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:53 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am
Xeogran wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am Wait they were removed?
Yes. I remember them being on the market for some time.
They were never made available. When GT Goku was patched into the game, their commentator files were added along side Beerus, Whis, and Good/Evil 21. No voice data just their character art. Then when Janenba was patched in the others characters files were updated and subsequently became DLC while the Kale/Caulifla files were outright removed.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:22 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:39 am
nato25 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:19 am I'm more just asking this for the curiosity and what might happen with the dub going forward, but who is going to voice this mad man now? I'm hoping they get a sound a like as I like the current voice of Broly, but a new direction could be fun too, especially debuting in a game where there isn't so much risk riding on it.
They still haven't revealed it, and to be honest, at this point I don't think they will make a 'big announcement' out of it. It's likely the DLC will come out and we'll hear the voice there, and people will be guessing based on the sound of the voice, and the actor will probably confirm that it's them on Twitter or the like. And then, unfortunately, the floodgates will be open.
I agree, think it's just gonna come out and that will be, fans will be left to discuss. Probably the best way to do it.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:46 am

The most flamboyant member of the Pride Trooper gets his own character concept:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2019/ ... -fighterz/
fadeddreams5 wrote:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:58 am

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/25980

Dramatic finish for Gogeta vs Broly, and Cheelai appears as an unplayable character

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 am

Looks like the dramatic finish won't be identical to the movie (that last Gogeta shot reminds me of the first Broly movie), I could be wrong though

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:41 am

mute_proxy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 am Looks like the dramatic finish won't be identical to the movie (that last Gogeta shot reminds me of the first Broly movie), I could be wrong though
It references scenes from the movie almost 1:1. The bottom right shot is the one you're talking about? That's in the movie.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:48 am

MainJPW wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:41 am
mute_proxy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 am Looks like the dramatic finish won't be identical to the movie (that last Gogeta shot reminds me of the first Broly movie), I could be wrong though
It references scenes from the movie almost 1:1. The bottom right shot is the one you're talking about? That's in the movie.
Oooh, you're right. Can't wait for someone to make a full comparison video

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:55 am

Great, another Dramatic Finish, the developers mustn't underestimate their importance (we had none for several DLCs in a row).

But the pictures take place in the lava stage. So there would be no need for a new stage this time.

It's strange to have prepared that slot for a new stage so long ahead if it's still not added in 2019.
It would be for the new season then, and therefore the new stage would be related to the new characters.
What could be that stage that would fit with some of the new characters? A stage that would be necessary for new Dramatic Finishes to go with those characters?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:22 am

Cold Skin wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:55 am Great, another Dramatic Finish, the developers mustn't underestimate their importance (we had none for several DLCs in a row).

But the pictures take place in the lava stage. So there would be no need for a new stage this time.

It's strange to have prepared that slot for a new stage so long ahead if it's still not added in 2019.
It would be for the new season then, and therefore the new stage would be related to the new characters.
What could be that stage that would fit with some of the new characters? A stage that would be necessary for new Dramatic Finishes to go with those characters?
The last character added, Gogeta, came with a dramatic finish with the previous DLC character. Also took place on a stage that doesn't have much to do with Hell so it isn't like the exact stage is necessary for any dramatic finish. Surprised there was no ToP but maybe next season.