"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:03 am

DBS Broli is out now for Nintendo Switch users.

----

DBS Broli lv1 air super is controlable (left, right, up & diagonal), which makes it an excellent link for Base Goku Genkidama super.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:37 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:28 pm Looks like someone got some clips of Bosch actually talking for the role instead of just the screams, so we have an even better idea of how he sounds now.
It's a total improvement as far as I'm concerned.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:02 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:47 am Wonder if they'll go through the trouble of redubbing the movie :think:
Nope. They literally have more reasons not to spend more money paying Johnny for new versions of voice lines from an almost year-old movie that's already seen a home release than to at this point.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Did Bandai forget Broly can talk. :lol: :lol:

By the way, if Season 3 happens I want no freaking replicas. No more Gokus, no more Vegetas.

Toppo, Kefla, Raditz, Dabura... the choice is theirs really.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:59 pm Did Bandai forget Broly can talk. :lol: :lol:
When did Broli ever talk when he started fighting in the movie? And he actually does have lines for his base form.

https://twitter.com/ZankyeGaming/status ... 4426607616

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:28 pm Looks like someone got some clips of Bosch actually talking for the role instead of just the screams, so we have an even better idea of how he sounds now.

I'm liking it. Still super curious how he'll sound as classic evil Broly though.
If Nero from DMC was a cave man he'd sound like this.. I like it! It's just the beginning so when ever Broly comes back in future dubbed material I'm certain the Black Ranger will come into his own. Cause it still does sound likes trying to replicate Vic but with his own flavor.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Got a quick five mins of DBS:B in before work and he might be my favourite DLC character now. Dude is so much fun, he has great versatility while also being fairly simple to use. I don't know how he'll do in high level play with his big fuzzy body, but for my casual arse who only just hit Super Saiyan 3 rank? I reckon he'll do well. I was wrong about the assist though, it has a slight delay.

Also someone found files for a Goku and Freeza v Jiren dramatic finish in the game! They even recreated some of it using a modded ToP stage. Chances of Tournament of Power arena being the missing stage that'll probably come with the next free update just shot way up.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:14 am

A dramatic finish with what is -for me- the best moment in dragonball? Yes please.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:17 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:59 pm Did Bandai forget Broly can talk. :lol: :lol:

By the way, if Season 3 happens I want no freaking replicas. No more Gokus, no more Vegetas.

If they do a Season 3, I’d have to assume they would add in UI Goku.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:39 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:17 pm

If they do a Season 3, I’d have to assume they would add in UI Goku.
What does he bring to the table exactly? Since I highly doubt the dodging thingy would work in a game like this.

funrush

Post by funrush » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:55 pm

Plus he doesn't really have much of a moveset, so they'd have to make animations/attacks up.

Toppo, Kefla, Raditz, Dabura is a solid pack. Roshi, Zarbon, Mercenary Tao, King Piccolo, Android 19, Omega Shenron could all be solid picks too. Chi-Chi would be low on moveset ideas but she'd probably be cool too.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Dramatic Finish with Freeza and some of Jiren recovered.

https://twitter.com/Lean_Buscaglia_/sta ... 4828070912

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Does anyone know what the "powered up" setting for Broly (DBS)'s power amrour is in training mode? It's in character settings, and lets you set things like if Goku's Dragon Fist is normal or always does Super Saiyan 4 (regardless of teammates being down). But I can't see anything different with Broly's armour when turning it on or off.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:37 pm

Saiga wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:19 pm Does anyone know what the "powered up" setting for Broly (DBS)'s power amrour is in training mode? It's in character settings, and lets you set things like if Goku's Dragon Fist is normal or always does Super Saiyan 4 (regardless of teammates being down). But I can't see anything different with Broly's armour when turning it on or off.
So during/after you use Broli's ultimate move he loses his armour and gets a green aura around him. That’s what that is, though I also noticed toggling it doesn’t seem to do squat in training mode. 🤷‍♂️
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:01 pm

HOW IS THAT A THING!?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqx3K8p ... e=youtu.be

ROFLMAO!!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:25 pm

Something that irks me about this game is the abuse of Hidenori Arai SFX, it's like on everything...

But on the plus side I'm glad that they brought this iconic sound effect from Broly aura/energy blasts to DBS Broly as well.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:07 am

One of the most stylish ToDs I've seen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... the_future
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:44 pm

I hate this game. I love this game.

I felt like I've reached new level in my abilities as a player. Was feeling accomplished, and then not only did I get bodied, I was shown two new things I've never seen before.

The first was being combo'd into a lv 1 or lv 3 special. And no, the previous attack wasn't a lv 1 or lv 3, it was just a normal combo, ended with a normal special attack, opponent then switches characters, that character goes into their special. So that's a thing.

But then, I guess because I amused the opponent with our last 2 matches, he decided to show me, what looked like a combo made of perpetual hit stun. Forget the 50 - 100 hit combos most people strive for, this guy knew the properties of every attack his characters had, and while it wasn't infinite, the moment he got me, it seemed he was bouncing me off the ground, the walls over and over again, it was ridiculous...and so was the damage. Those normal hit combos quickly scale down. The perpetual hit stun combos do not. I've never seen the health drop so quickly, The match was done in not even a hundred seconds.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Janemba and Jiren for free until sunday I heard. Don't know if this is true.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:52 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:44 pm I hate this game. I love this game.

I felt like I've reached new level in my abilities as a player. Was feeling accomplished, and then not only did I get bodied, I was shown two new things I've never seen before.

The first was being combo'd into a lv 1 or lv 3 special. And no, the previous attack wasn't a lv 1 or lv 3, it was just a normal combo, ended with a normal special attack, opponent then switches characters, that character goes into their special. So that's a thing.

IIRC you just need to do half circle forward or half circle back plus assist at the end of a combo to do instant tag supers lvl1 or lvl3.