"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:37 pm

if the next one is kefla ... and this movement is included

everything will be worth it

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:54 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 pm I can't understand why people wouldn't want the strongest fighter of the entire show, who also happens to be the main protagonist. I mean, it's not SS3 or SSBKK, it is Goku mastering every aspect of a fight, in a fighting game.

To each their own I guess, luckily the devs don't think that way.
UI Goku? last time i chekced, he isnt even close to being one of the strongest.

anyways, this is a decent addition. not gonna complain about it since this was a given.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:17 am

Did anyone make a possible moveset list with pics/gifs yet?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 pmI can't understand why people wouldn't want the strongest fighter of the entire show, who also happens to be the main protagonist.
I think it's because fans want the cast to be as diversified as possible. This'll be the 5th Goku the game has, with there already being 3 Vegetas and 2 Brolys. I think it would've been better to replace 2 Gokus with Raditz and Dabura (or anyone else different) as that'll keep things more interesting than just another Goku. You could also replace Base Vegeta with Kefla or Zarbon.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 pm I can't understand why people wouldn't want the strongest fighter of the entire show, who also happens to be the main protagonist.
Since when is Daishinkan considered as the protagonist of the show?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:14 pm

KayDash wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:06 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 pm I can't understand why people wouldn't want the strongest fighter of the entire show, who also happens to be the main protagonist.
Since when is Daishinkan considered as the protagonist of the show?
Daishinkan isn't a fighter

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Not only is he, Daishinkan is the strongest fighter according to the Toyotaro version (and one of the five strongest in the Toei's one). Zeno's the one who isn't a fighter.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:51 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:48 pm Not only is he, Daishinkan is the strongest fighter according to the Toyotaro version (and one of the five strongest in the Toei's one). Zeno's the one who isn't a fighter.
Just because he can fight, doesn't mean he's a fighter. Fighting is against angel law.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:29 pm

UI Goku but not Toppo? Well, that's lame. Also I would prefer UI Omen.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:37 pm if the next one is kefla ... and this movement is included

True

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:18 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 pmI can't understand why people wouldn't want the strongest fighter of the entire show, who also happens to be the main protagonist.
I think it's because fans want the cast to be as diversified as possible. This'll be the 5th Goku the game has, with there already being 3 Vegetas and 2 Brolys. I think it would've been better to replace 2 Gokus with Raditz and Dabura (or anyone else different) as that'll keep things more interesting than just another Goku. You could also replace Base Vegeta with Kefla or Zarbon.
This is why transformations should never be treated as separate characters in a fighting games. And yes, there's ways to balance a fighting game where some characters have transformations and others don't.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:51 pm

This is why transformations should never be treated as separate characters in a fighting games. And yes, there's ways to balance a fighting game where some characters have transformations and others don't.
There's ways if the intention is to make a good dragon ball game. Making a legit competitive fighting game is another case

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:38 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:37 pm if the next one is kefla ... and this movement is included

Guaranteed Dramatic Finish for Goku against Kafla on the ToP stage.

U.I. Goku will probably have a Dramatic Finish against Jiren on the ToP stage (possibly leading to him pointing his finishing energy ball at Jiren on the ground as the final shot, just like before the U.I. backfired on him).

And we know the Goku-Freezer VS Jiren one is coming, also on the ToP stage.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:05 pm

The downside about lack of Omen is Goku v Jiren round one is a far better candidate for dramatic intros and finishes. Give us Goku emerging from the pillar of light, POV flying kick for a sweet intro. Then, to throw Jiren a massive bone (he's dead last in tiers now) give him the round one win where he catches Goku's punch, gives that short speech and sends him flying.

I've been maining Freeza for over a year now and finally got my first dramatic intro on Namek last night. And my opponent skipped it instantly.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:54 am

Forgot to ask was there anything worth translating on the reveal page of UI Goku?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Brojack
Banned

Post by Brojack » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 pm

It's kinda repetitive that they keep adding more Gokus to the game instead of characters that aren't in at all. Lazy too.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:56 pm

The big thing I've wanted but haven't got from any of the DLC is a good replacement for SS Goku. He's been my anchor forever even though I don't really like using him. After all this time, I still can't reliably do his BnB, the one that everyone else who uses him can apparently do in their sleep- y'all know the one. I don't really have to worry about that with Freeza and Hit because they don't have those air routes, which suits me and my fat thumbs much better.

In hindsight, I gave up on Gogeta too quickly. There was nothing wrong with him, I'd just gotten too used to the beam assist. Same with Cooler. Maybe UI Goku or someone else from season 3 will do it. Though at this stage, I think it will take more than new characters to re-energise the game. I'm still having fun, but the meta is stale even at the low-mid level I play at. They need a big round of gameplay changes across the board, some buffs for the low and mid-tiers, and a nerf for GT.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:19 pm

Brojack wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 pm It's kinda repetitive that they keep adding more Gokus to the game instead of characters that aren't in at all. Lazy too.
What exactly is lazy about the process? Some poor dipshit still has to animated and skin the character.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 am

After Haomaru from Samurai Shodown was revealed for Soul Calibur 6 DLC, I kind of want to see a guest anime character at this point. I'd drop money right now for Yusuke Urameshi if he was revealed this season. Fuck it, they gonna have 5 or 6 Gokus, why not get crazy, no one else from this series is getting created for this game.

Beiga

Post by Beiga » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:10 am

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 am After Haomaru from Samurai Shodown was revealed for Soul Calibur 6 DLC, I kind of want to see a guest anime character at this point. I'd drop money right now for Yusuke Urameshi if he was revealed this season. Fuck it, they gonna have 5 or 6 Gokus, why not get crazy, no one else from this series is getting created for this game.
It needs to be someone who can fly/air dash, the developers have said as much.

It's why I'm sad Kamesennin will likely never get in.

Manga or anime characters who can fly...As much as I'd not like it, the Bleach people can basically walk in the air, so...kinda? It's odd, but straight up flight is kind of a rare power in shounen series.
Brojack wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 pm It's kinda repetitive that they keep adding more Gokus to the game instead of characters that aren't in at all. Lazy too.
Maybe before you accuse anyone of being lazy, you should find out just how much work is involved in making even a single character in this series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux4SxBoU4DY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZsboyfs-L4
Last edited by Beiga on Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.