"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:35 am Alright, lots more UI Goku gameplay is out doing the rounds. There's some good breakdowns on Twitter and Youtube, but let me just draw your attention to this little clip: https://twitter.com/tatsunical/status/1 ... 9449854982

You know how before this character was revealed, there was a meme going around of "oh, UI Goku would just auto-dodge everything"? Well...
Judging by those pictures, it's possible that he'll auto-dodge blasts (no matter what size) as long as you don't touch anything.
It would be an advantage, but not something outrageous, since it would probably be reserved for blasts and not direct hits, and as long as he'd be trying to do anything, the auto-dodge wouldn't work, and few players would have the self-control to suddenly stop all reflexes of moving around, blocking or attacking to just let the body do the work on its own (which IS what Ultra Instinct is about, ironically).

It would be something unique that those players who have learned to react instantly to almost anything, handling their controllers in awesome ways in split seconds, would now have to learn to refrain from their habits and suddenly let their (virtual) body act on its own when the situation calls for it (beams), true to what Ultra Instinct is. Having to suddenly stop being in the frenzy of the fight and let go, give in to the absolute calm, not mind your intense emotions from the fight and just stop handling your controler, if only for a sec. That would be a new kind of reflex to acquire for players, and not an easy one!

It's also possible - or even likely - that such an ability would cost Ki, which is a valuable resource players might not want to spend auto-dodging things they can dodge/block/prevent on their own without Ki consumption, using their own skills.

Wait and see, but even if it has nothing to do with all that, he still seems to bring something pretty unique compared to the current roster.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun May 17, 2020 8:12 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon May 18, 2020 9:23 am

Walking...ignores ki blasts?

:eh:
:|
:problem:

This game finds new ways to piss me off. Why are all the Saiyan DLC so much utterly better than everyone and everything?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon May 18, 2020 1:27 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:23 amWhy are all the Saiyan DLC so much utterly better than everyone and everything?
Gogeta has been placed in the bottom 3 characters consistently across various tiers lists from pros.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon May 18, 2020 3:28 pm

LightBing wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:27 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:23 amWhy are all the Saiyan DLC so much utterly better than everyone and everything?
Gogeta has been placed in the bottom 3 characters consistently across various tiers lists from pros.
I'm not a pro, and I don't play at tournaments, so idgaf about tiers. But Gogeta, Broly, Kefla, Vegito, every DLC Goku...gah just the worst.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon May 18, 2020 5:40 pm

Having some fancy gimmicks does not make a character good or stronger than others.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue May 19, 2020 1:03 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:40 pm Having some fancy gimmicks does not make a character good or stronger than others.
You're right. You also need a strong player who knows what they're doing and is willing to buy the DLC with those fancy gimmicks so they can have an edge against everyone else.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue May 19, 2020 5:30 am

FoolsGil wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:03 am
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:40 pm Having some fancy gimmicks does not make a character good or stronger than others.
You're right. You also need a strong player who knows what they're doing and is willing to buy the DLC with those fancy gimmicks so they can have an edge against everyone else.
You can run a strong team in this game without DLC. Kid Buu, Trunks, both Gohans, Cell, Yamcha, Gotenks, all very strong characters. And the DLCs have fielded plenty of misses too- 17, Jiren, Videl, and yes, Gogeta. Base Goku is good now, but he was also pretty mediocre when he launched.

I was having a laugh about the walking through ki blasts UI Goku does, because I don't think it's that big of a deal. It doesn't beat anything superdash doesn't, it has a limit of how many he can avoid (the pro stream showed Freeza's were able to hit him) and let's be honest, very few people are going to be slowly walking in this game. People bunnyhop like they're in a 90s FPS in FighterZ.

He looks like a good character, but we'll probably have a clearer idea in the next few days. If he does turn out to be OP, the ki blast thing will probably not be a major contributor to that.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue May 19, 2020 11:03 am

Meanwhile, with the new update, you can now buy the following (the first price displayed is for regular money while the second one is for special coins):

- Commentators (sold individually): Kale, Caulifla, Cell, Krilin, C-21 (scientist). 1,500,000 / 1,500
- Playable C-21. Unknown price
- The two additional story arcs that usually unlock as you progress through the main story. Unkown price
- The complete cutscene gallery for all arcs (sold as one complete pack). 20,000,000 / 20,000
- Level 100 for any story character (sold individually). 1,000,000 / 1,000
- Six tracks from Extreme Butoden (sold individually). 1,000,000 / 1,000
- 10 retro tracks (sold individually). 1,000,000 / 1,000
- Tracks for the final battle of each story arc (sold individually). Unknown price
- 5 stickers (sold individually). 500,000 / 500
- Kaio Shin of Time as a hall character. 5,000,000 / 5,000
- All existing story mode abilities (sold individually). Unkown price

Hope you've got a lot of money if you're interested in those, because they don't kid around with the prices!
Oh, and unfortunately, you don't get a preview of the soundtrack or sticker you can buy, so it's pretty much a "blind buy" or "look it up on your own" thing.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:08 pm

Black's win quote to UI Goku: "You have given us gods a bad name, and for that you will suffer, Goku."

Encountered him in Arcade Mode. He was teamed with Jiren and Ginyu.

Looks like the 3rd character might've been revealed.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 pm

So:

Omega Shenron confirmed.
Roshi confirmed.

One more to go.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Played a little with UI Goku tonight, was fun in the novelty, but there are characters that I enjoy more overall... but!

He is so masterfully done visually, I love his aura... damn this game is like playing the anime itself. It is like the best animated and drawn episodes put together and Masako Nozawa is at her best again, voicing UI Goku as calm and cocky/confident. With the anime soundtrack, I am not crying over single dollar spent as this game shoots out of the park.
And EoZ color scheme is real love letter to me as I am huge fan of this Goku look.

I hope for Roshi, he is my favorite wish since the first DLC pack and I hope that he will be the Faust of Dragon Ball... kamehameha is staple, but give him Mafuba and Bangkok Bikurri Show, some funny lines and it is perfect :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue May 19, 2020 8:49 pm

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue May 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 pm So:

Omega Shenron confirmed.
Roshi confirmed.

One more to go.
These 2 where on my most likely list for this season, Omega fills the Villain and GT love Roster while Roshi fills the original Dragon Ball Love Roster. :thumbup:

I am still hoping and have a good feeling Ribrianne will be the 3rd character, does not matter if she is next or last. :angel:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:04 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 pm So:

Omega Shenron confirmed.
Roshi confirmed.

One more to go.
Pikkon
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Wed May 20, 2020 2:28 am

YES! Roshi is coming in! I will definitely try to get him in a spot of my main team, as an alternative option.

Though, my apologies. I am a bit out of the loop, how is Omega Shenron confirmed?
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 am

Yo'Goodfella wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:28 am YES! Roshi is coming in! I will definitely try to get him in a spot of my main team, as an alternative option.

Though, my apologies. I am a bit out of the loop, how is Omega Shenron confirmed?
There was audio data datamined, where Gogeta talks about his stiff shoulder or something that he said to Omega in GT.

It seems Roshi leak was a fake: https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1262927149608177671

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed May 20, 2020 5:26 am

mute_proxy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 am It seems Roshi leak was a fake: https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1262927149608177671
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:04 am

He's still coming, mark my words.