"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:55 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:58 am My PS+ sub expired and now I can't get the login bonus, grinding those zenis will be hell (7M off).
That's odd, I haven't yet had a PS+, but I always get the bonuses when I do "play online". You can't fight people, but everything else should work

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:05 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:58 am My PS+ sub expired and now I can't get the login bonus, grinding those zenis will be hell (7M off).
The bonus was actually time limited from 21st to 29th May, I don't know if the dates are correct, you now the game is again back to it's old self...

BTW. people with UI Goku in online are piece of cake but Kefla can really piss me off... and well, she is really powerful when I use her as well, I think that she is probably the strongest character right now. Lot of people were putting Trunks in S-Tier but I still don't see what is so awesome about him and he is pretty easy to beat.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 am

I just released a video concept on the inevitable Pikkon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksGXe-O49Tg
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:09 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:05 am
The bonus was actually time limited from 21st to 29th May, I don't know if the dates are correct, you now the game is again back to it's old self...

BTW. people with UI Goku in online are piece of cake but Kefla can really piss me off... and well, she is really powerful when I use her as well, I think that she is probably the strongest character right now. Lot of people were putting Trunks in S-Tier but I still don't see what is so awesome about him and he is pretty easy to beat.
I think Trunks is incredibly strong, but as is always the case when a character becomes popular due to tier-whoring, you just learn how to deal with them. I watch LotusAsakura's channel nearly every day and the dozens of season 3 Trunks-come-latelies I run into online are no LotusAsakura. I think Base Vegeta is the only character right now who is still scary despite being overused. Though UI is getting up there- I honestly wish he wasn't. You'd think a character like him would have a high-execution barrier. But the fact that he's got a massively strong jab, a vacuum 5LL and a very effective Bnb means people can play him like Bardock and still excel. It's the difference between him and similar characters like Hit, Jiren and Janemba who need lots of practice to be really effective.

I play Kefla, but I don't see many other Kefla players, and even then i don't think she's that strong. She's by no means bad, but if you know how to deal with her hellzone oki, her other tools are pretty lackluster by comparison.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Are people here familiar with the infinite money glitch? I was able to get that 20 million Zeni trophy in like half hour thanks to it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:43 pm Are people here familiar with the infinite money glitch? I was able to get that 20 million Zeni trophy in like half hour thanks to it.
Really? I only know the one when you farm in story mode thanks to the enhancing items. But it takes so much time anyway and I am playing the game since release, hence I am one million away from the trophy :)
But what particular glitch is this one?

On the other hand, I have started to encounter lot of quitters recently. What the hell?
I also get angry on my way to the last trophy of 530 000 BP when I encouter someone who grasped the game and is so well versed in it, that sometimes you don't land a hit and lose lot of points in ranking match, but botching his point gain and my point loss by disconnecting is really loser like. How do people even do this on PS4? That have to close the app or pull off the router from socket or what?
I am not a tournament material, but I am not bad at this game even tough I don't invest that much time into it...
Is there any way to battle quitters? Because, reporting them is impossible (and the question is, if people won!t report you for the same reason they quit).

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:54 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:43 pm Are people here familiar with the infinite money glitch? I was able to get that 20 million Zeni trophy in like half hour thanks to it.
Really? I only know the one when you farm in story mode thanks to the enhancing items. But it takes so much time anyway and I am playing the game since release, hence I am one million away from the trophy :)
But what particular glitch is this one?

On the other hand, I have started to encounter lot of quitters recently. What the hell?
I also get angry on my way to the last trophy of 530 000 BP when I encouter someone who grasped the game and is so well versed in it, that sometimes you don't land a hit and lose lot of points in ranking match, but botching his point gain and my point loss by disconnecting is really loser like. How do people even do this on PS4? That have to close the app or pull off the router from socket or what?
I am not a tournament material, but I am not bad at this game even tough I don't invest that much time into it...
Is there any way to battle quitters? Because, reporting them is impossible (and the question is, if people won!t report you for the same reason they quit).
They have no system in place to report rage quitters. The best you can do is mark them in your player list. If you match with them again, they'll have a red icon letting you know you've marked them. And I think if enough people do it, they get a purple icon showing that they don't regularly complete matches.

So apparently they just put out an update that changed the game back to first-to-two out of nowhere? Even in casuals. That's dumb. With the way this game's netcode is, most of the time your best bet is to find one person with a good connection and play as many rounds with them as possible to have a good set.

EDIT: Ooh, scratch that, apparently they've changed it back. Huh. Either that was unintentional, or they got hammered with complaints.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:51 am

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 amBut what particular glitch is this one?
Well you know how every now and then they give away free money as a reward? Or they have these events where you have to win X amount of battles during a certain time period and then a week later they'll give you a reward?

Well when that's available what you need to do is going into offline lobby, go back to the title menu, go into online lobby and when its loading you need to disconnect from the internet, it'll put you back into the title screen, go into offline lobby and it'll give you the reward.

Go back to the title menu, connect, go into online lobby and when its loading you need to disconnect etc.

Just keep repeating the same 1 minute cycle and you'll get the reward every single time you go into the offline lobby.

It wasn't long back they gave out a free 5 million. So just repeating the cycle 10 times would get you 50 million in like 10 minutes.

I used the 500,000 reward and just repeated with that until I got the 20 million Zeni trophy.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:28 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:51 am
Well you know how every now and then they give away free money as a reward? Or they have these events where you have to win X amount of battles during a certain time period and then a week later they'll give you a reward?

Well when that's available what you need to do is going into offline lobby, go back to the title menu, go into online lobby and when its loading you need to disconnect from the internet, it'll put you back into the title screen, go into offline lobby and it'll give you the reward.

Go back to the title menu, connect, go into online lobby and when its loading you need to disconnect etc.

Just keep repeating the same 1 minute cycle and you'll get the reward every single time you go into the offline lobby.

It wasn't long back they gave out a free 5 million. So just repeating the cycle 10 times would get you 50 million in like 10 minutes.

I used the 500,000 reward and just repeated with that until I got the 20 million Zeni trophy.
I don’t like cheating like this. It is basically the same thing rage quitters do. Unless it is an in-game glitch that developers oversaw that you can find and exploit, I am against doing it :) But thanks for the info.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:43 am

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:28 am
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:51 am

I don’t like cheating like this. It is basically the same thing rage quitters do. Unless it is an in-game glitch that developers oversaw that you can find and exploit, I am against doing it :) But thanks for the info.
The difference is, you're not cheating anyone by doing that. What sucks about rage quitting is it deprives other players of a victory they earned. All this does is help bypass the game's stupid rewards system. It's either that, or grind story mode.

I mean I wouldn't do it either, but that's because I'm lazy and it seems like a hassle. But there's nothing wrong with it on principle.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:20 am

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:28 amI don’t like cheating like this. It is basically the same thing rage quitters do. Unless it is an in-game glitch that developers oversaw that you can find and exploit, I am against doing it :) But thanks for the info.
Well it's not really a glitch but is something to exploit.

It's just a way of tricking the game into giving you the same reward continually instead of once.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:10 pm

Impossible I know, but I would like Moro

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Are there any news or hints for the next DLC?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:40 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:12 pm Are there any news or hints for the next DLC?
Extremely likely there's an announcement at EVO online, which is in 4/5 days I think.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:17 am

Bandai Namco have pulled out of EVO Online (along with everyone else), and the tournament has been cancelled on account of the president Joey Cuellar, aka Mr Wizard being an alleged child-grooming scumbag.

Story: https://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id ... llegations

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:21 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:17 am Bandai Namco have pulled out of EVO Online (along with everyone else), and the tournament has been cancelled on account of the president Joey Cuellar, aka Mr Wizard being an alleged child-grooming scumbag.

Not alleged anymore, he admitted to it.

Anyway next big event is Gamescom at the end of August, which seems too late for anything.
There's a Bandai "Play Anime Live" event on the 22nd but I don't know if FighterZ would be featured here. Another chance is dropping on one of the streams of Summer of Gaming.

These seem like the most likely possibilities.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:44 am

Kataphrut wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:17 am Bandai Namco have pulled out of EVO Online (along with everyone else), and the tournament has been cancelled on account of the president Joey Cuellar, aka Mr Wizard being an alleged child-grooming scumbag.

Aw man, a-holes like that are the reason we can’t have nice things 😡

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:46 am

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:44 am Aw man, a-holes like that are the reason we can’t have nice things 😡
Sorry man, I'm sure you mean well, but the take here needs to be "a-holes like that are the reason that women can't and don't feel safe even in large community events ostensibly set up to share the love of and dedication to a common ideal and activity" and not "a-holes like that are the reason we can't watch a fighting game tournament".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:55 am

VegettoEX wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:46 am
MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:44 am Aw man, a-holes like that are the reason we can’t have nice things 😡
Sorry man, I'm sure you mean well, but the take here needs to be "a-holes like that are the reason that women can't and don't feel safe even in large community events ostensibly set up to share the love of and dedication to a common ideal and activity" and not "a-holes like that are the reason we can't watch a fighting game tournament".
Definitely, and I am 100% behind that. I was just reacting purely on-topic and believe that most or all here on Kanzenshuu, share the same values as human beings, hence I thought that it is given. It is not just women and men, as in this case, he was harrasing boys, but this in the end makes the world bad place, for all of us.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:27 pm

I think they should really announce the next character everytime a new character has been released.
On the day we got Ultra Instinct Goku, we should have had "and the third one will be..." at the same time.
They did announce Ultra Instinct Goku more than three months before we would have him and even before Kafla came up, so there's no problem in announcing the next one way ahead of time!

If we have a new character roughly every three months, the new one would be at the end of August, so we need time ahead to know who it is and think about what his intro pose, win pose, ultimate attack and Dramatic Finish will be like! They should have fans boiling up like "oh, so it's him, I'm sure he'll be able to do that, and his pose will probably be this", etc...

That being said, who knows what impact the virus might have on the usual schedule!
Perhaps for the devs to work safely, it will take more time than usual in-between two characters, so it might be why we have no news yet.