"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4811
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:48 pm

FighterZ is damn slow since the Season 2 DLC. Sure, coronavirus slowed things a lot, but this game was so slow with content after it was announced, which kinda hit me with contrast with the Season 1. Probably indicates that Season 1 was final before they saw how popular the game is and started doing another waves ad hoc.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:52 pm

MCDaveG wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:48 pm
FighterZ is damn slow since the Season 2 DLC. Sure, coronavirus slowed things a lot, but this game was so slow with content after it was announced, which kinda hit me with contrast with the Season 1. Probably indicates that Season 1 was final before they saw how popular the game is and started doing another waves ad hoc.
FighterZ was the biggest Dragon Ball game, and the biggest ArcSys game the year it and season 1 came out. After that priorities would have likely shifted to Kakarot and the new Guilty Gear respectively, so what we're getting now with seasons 2 and 3 are most likely being handled by a smaller team.

User avatar
LightBing
I Live Here
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:09 am

Let's not forget Season 3 started with a huge update. Add to that the 5 DLC characters and it's easily the biggest Season the game has ever seen.

So I don't know where you guys are coming from. This Season has the most dense and influential content of the game's existence.

User avatar
Cold Skin
I Live Here
Posts: 2294
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: France

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:52 am

^ It's nice, but that doesn't help the fact that we're supposed to keep waiting for more than "??????" as the next addition.
Even in season 2, we knew at the beginning of the year that Gogeta and Broly were coming at the end of the year. it's like we basically knew in January what was coming in December. Now THAT is something specific to keep waiting for.

Right now, we don't even know what's coming in barely one, two or three months.
Not revealing everything is fine. But not revealing at least the ONE next thing to come is not too smart to keep people waiting, you can't just say "and next, you'll have... something/someone, you'll see".

It's like a talk-show that has a great actor or singer as a guest and saying at the end "and tune in next week because our next guess will be none other than... someone. Who knows who it could be?". Great, I feel hyped. :roll:

And if the reason is to use the Jump magazines for the announcement, then don't leave people in the dark for more than a month. We had Goku at the end of May and right now - almost mid-July - we still don't know a single thing about whose coming next.

It's certainly not a matter of life and death, but it's annoying not to even have a mere name and to just wait it out with nothing to chew on for now, nothing to imagine, nothing to predict in discussions, etc...

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:34 am

We are almost two and a half years into the game's life, at this stage the only people still playing the game are the people that will keep playing because they like the game and will keep playing even if content stopped coming, ArcSys can afford not talking and keep fans waiting.
Lore is NOT story, and it never was, and you should stop spreading this nonsense.
Content is NOT substance.
Bunch of characters doing stuff do NOT make an esemble cast.
Secondary characters are secondary, they do NOT deserve or are entitled to having more screen time.
Fandom Lacks Critical Thinking and is Easily Impressionable with Surface Level Content.

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Bandai Namco LatAM being cheeky again.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoLA/statu ... 8380058624

User avatar
Cold Skin
I Live Here
Posts: 2294
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: France

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:53 pm

^ Hmm, Kame Sennin would be interesting as he is very requested and would finally round up the ten fighters from the Tournament of Power. Yeah, I know, there's the question of flying, but hey, the little spinning turtle-monster he uses might do the trick.

With him, probably no Dramatic Finish sadly.
But he'd still be appealing as a character, going with the fighting game archetype of the old master fighting and looking vastly different from the rest while bringing an "early DB" vibe.

Still, this twitter post could be nothing, just meant to keep us on our toes, but hey, at least it still reminds us of a possibility that is very requested.

User avatar
goku the krump dancer
I Live Here
Posts: 3013
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:56 pm

The flight thing doesnt really matter since there's no real flying mechanic in the game itself, so he'd be just fine dashing his way to opponents like everyone else.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:20 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:56 pm
The flight thing doesnt really matter since there's no real flying mechanic in the game itself, so he'd be just fine dashing his way to opponents like everyone else.
This has been a topic of debate for ages- there's no proper "flight" mechanic outside of Zamasu, but everyone can superdash and it's always been portrayed as flight. Plus, stage transitions also involve the characters flying. It's been the biggest obstacles to including characters like Roshi, who is otherwise an incredibly popular and deserving choice. It was probably also a factor in why they went with GT instead of DB for kid Goku.

If this is legit, then they've either found a way to make it work for Roshi (he could use Baby Gamera for example), they're just gonna make him fly-superdash like normal, or they might actually make him have no superdash, or a different mechanic. I'd actually be really interested to see that, it'd be cool to have more characters with different universal mechanics. Like Videl's dodge except hopefully more successful.

Anonymous Friend
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1137
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:10 am
Location: Earth-1218
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:32 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:20 pm
goku the krump dancer wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:56 pm
The flight thing doesnt really matter since there's no real flying mechanic in the game itself, so he'd be just fine dashing his way to opponents like everyone else.
This has been a topic of debate for ages- there's no proper "flight" mechanic outside of Zamasu, but everyone can superdash and it's always been portrayed as flight. Plus, stage transitions also involve the characters flying. It's been the biggest obstacles to including characters like Roshi, who is otherwise an incredibly popular and deserving choice. It was probably also a factor in why they went with GT instead of DB for kid Goku.

If this is legit, then they've either found a way to make it work for Roshi (he could use Baby Gamera for example), they're just gonna make him fly-superdash like normal, or they might actually make him have no superdash, or a different mechanic. I'd actually be really interested to see that, it'd be cool to have more characters with different universal mechanics. Like Videl's dodge except hopefully more successful.
How far can Roshi jump? Can he use his ki to propell him through the air like a dash? Can he fall with style?

Roshi can get a dramatic finish with Kid Goku where we get a reinactment of the 21st Tourney.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:03 am

More cheekiness, this time back-pedalling on the previous cheek.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoLA/statu ... 9795678208

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4811
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:26 am

Kataphrut wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:03 am
More cheekiness, this time back-pedalling on the previous cheek.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoLA/statu ... 9795678208
And the 30ish year old fans nodding in response:
“Yeah, sure, for kids...” 😂
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4255
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am

I had an interesting fight earlier today. Hit / White Goku / Vegetto. The guy's Hit was on point. He knew what attack to do an when, He took out my first two fighters (Nappa, Hit) without taking damage. I was finally able to take out Hit with Yamcha, with 1/3 health left, and the other player FOLDED LIKE A DECK OF CARDS. It was insane how quickly I tore threw his last two guys. It was just as quick as how he took out my two guys. And he didn't want to rematch.

What a weird turn of events.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4811
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:42 am

FoolsGil wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am
I had an interesting fight earlier today. Hit / White Goku / Vegetto. The guy's Hit was on point. He knew what attack to do an when, He took out my first two fighters (Nappa, Hit) without taking damage. I was finally able to take out Hit with Yamcha, with 1/3 health left, and the other player FOLDED LIKE A DECK OF CARDS. It was insane how quickly I tore threw his last two guys. It was just as quick as how he took out my two guys. And he didn't want to rematch.

What a weird turn of events.
Yeah, similar stuff happened to me as well. I like the learning curve of this game, what myself and pther players do also is watching how you play in the first match...
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am
I had an interesting fight earlier today. Hit / White Goku / Vegetto. The guy's Hit was on point. He knew what attack to do an when, He took out my first two fighters (Nappa, Hit) without taking damage. I was finally able to take out Hit with Yamcha, with 1/3 health left, and the other player FOLDED LIKE A DECK OF CARDS. It was insane how quickly I tore threw his last two guys. It was just as quick as how he took out my two guys. And he didn't want to rematch.

What a weird turn of events.
I've been playing Hit longer than any other character in this game, and I think my experience with him is best summed up by this quote from Rhymestyle:

"Hit in FighterZ had two settings: He either wipes out the whole team or dies instantly." (paraphrased)

Seriously, there is no middle ground. That's part of why I love him- there is no feeling quite like getting the groove going with Hit and walking all over your opponent, but he can really struggle if their game is on point.

I came back to the game this week after taking a break to go through Last of Us 2, managed to finally reach Super Saiyan God rank. People are grinding out the higher ranks now that they've increased the points, I think some players have finally managed to hit Grand Priest. We might see our first Zeno before the year is out.

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4811
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:59 am

Kataphrut wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 pm
FoolsGil wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am
I had an interesting fight earlier today. Hit / White Goku / Vegetto. The guy's Hit was on point. He knew what attack to do an when, He took out my first two fighters (Nappa, Hit) without taking damage. I was finally able to take out Hit with Yamcha, with 1/3 health left, and the other player FOLDED LIKE A DECK OF CARDS. It was insane how quickly I tore threw his last two guys. It was just as quick as how he took out my two guys. And he didn't want to rematch.

What a weird turn of events.
I've been playing Hit longer than any other character in this game, and I think my experience with him is best summed up by this quote from Rhymestyle:

"Hit in FighterZ had two settings: He either wipes out the whole team or dies instantly." (paraphrased)

Seriously, there is no middle ground. That's part of why I love him- there is no feeling quite like getting the groove going with Hit and walking all over your opponent, but he can really struggle if their game is on point.

I came back to the game this week after taking a break to go through Last of Us 2, managed to finally reach Super Saiyan God rank. People are grinding out the higher ranks now that they've increased the points, I think some players have finally managed to hit Grand Priest. We might see our first Zeno before the year is out.
Does the ranking resets after not playing for a while? I play the game sporadically and have yet to get the 530 000 Trophy :lol:
I get there bit by bit :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:23 pm

MCDaveG wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:59 am
Kataphrut wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 pm
FoolsGil wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 am
I had an interesting fight earlier today. Hit / White Goku / Vegetto. The guy's Hit was on point. He knew what attack to do an when, He took out my first two fighters (Nappa, Hit) without taking damage. I was finally able to take out Hit with Yamcha, with 1/3 health left, and the other player FOLDED LIKE A DECK OF CARDS. It was insane how quickly I tore threw his last two guys. It was just as quick as how he took out my two guys. And he didn't want to rematch.

What a weird turn of events.
I've been playing Hit longer than any other character in this game, and I think my experience with him is best summed up by this quote from Rhymestyle:

"Hit in FighterZ had two settings: He either wipes out the whole team or dies instantly." (paraphrased)

Seriously, there is no middle ground. That's part of why I love him- there is no feeling quite like getting the groove going with Hit and walking all over your opponent, but he can really struggle if their game is on point.

I came back to the game this week after taking a break to go through Last of Us 2, managed to finally reach Super Saiyan God rank. People are grinding out the higher ranks now that they've increased the points, I think some players have finally managed to hit Grand Priest. We might see our first Zeno before the year is out.
Does the ranking resets after not playing for a while? I play the game sporadically and have yet to get the 530 000 Trophy :lol:
I get there bit by bit :)
Nope, it's always fixed to your account. I play casually, so I've been building up the BP to hit God rank over the course of two and a half years now.

As far as I know, the rate of points is mainly tied to your rank vs your opponent. You get more for beating opponents of an equal or higher rank than you.

User avatar
Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:21 am

Kataphrut wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:23 pm
As far as I know, the rate of points is mainly tied to your rank vs your opponent. You get more for beating opponents of an equal or higher rank than you.
Actually, you're wrong a little. You get more for beating only opponents of an equal rank. If you beat a player with a rank lower or higher, you'll get less. It's actually so absurd, that if you'll manage to beat a player several ranks higher, than you, you'll get almost nothing for this.

User avatar
Xeno Goku Black
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:29 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:48 pm

What's the current status on dlc? They still in Season 2? Waiting for Season 3? Is there gonna be a Season 3?

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16593
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:57 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:48 pm
What's the current status on dlc? They still in Season 2? Waiting for Season 3? Is there gonna be a Season 3?
We are in the third season right now, and have two characters (Kafla and Ultra Instinct Son Goku) from the five promised characters released thus far. There were some pretty significant gameplay updates, as well.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Post Reply