"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:08 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:57 pmWe are in the third season right now, and have two characters (Kafla and Ultra Instinct Son Goku) from the five promised characters released thus far. There were some pretty significant gameplay updates, as well.
Any word at all on who the remaining three characters are? Wasn't there something about Master Roshi a bit back?

Surely they've had all the main characters at this point except for him.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:00 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:08 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:57 pmWe are in the third season right now, and have two characters (Kafla and Ultra Instinct Son Goku) from the five promised characters released thus far. There were some pretty significant gameplay updates, as well.
Any word at all on who the remaining three characters are? Wasn't there something about Master Roshi a bit back?

Surely they've had all the main characters at this point except for him.
Nothing concrete on him. A few leaks of questionable credibility, and a corporate Twitter account that might have let the cat out of the bag early and had to pretend like nothing happened.

There's going to be a stream in early August specifically for DBFZ after it wasn't present at today's Japanese fighting games roundtable (aka the "no we don't have rollback yet, please please please give us more time" show). That will probably give us the next character reveal and word on where the game's at with regard to balance updates and future content. The loss of EVO and the World Tour has probably thrown off quite a few of their plans for this season, I'm confident if it wasn't for everything going on with COVID and the FGC scandals, we'd have had more information by now.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am

What characters are people asking for at this point? They've pretty much had all the major characters introduced in Super. Maybe the most significant one they hadn't done was Toppo.

For the old DBZ movies they've had characters like Cooler, Broly and Janemba which are the most popular ones. Don't know if they'd really bother with the likes of Turles, Slug and Bojack.

They definitely do not need to have Turles.

Locust
Beyond Newbie

Post by Locust » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:52 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am What characters are people asking for at this point?
Raditz is a really popular requested character - that's the main character I see people asking for
"I just wanna punch god in the face"
My English can be weak, please forgive mistakes/confusingly phrased sentences
Letterboxd

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:22 am

I suppose if they go back to DBZ then they could add Dabura too as he's more visually unique.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:18 pm

So far, we know zero... but from what I saw over the internet, huge demand is for Roshi to make the ToP Universe 7 roster complete... then people are asking for Toppo. Also, based on some spanish Bandai twitter that is kinda mishandled with obscure posts, some people were guessing Paikuhan... I don’t know, but to me Paikuhan is a filler and B grade character.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:35 pm

Nearly every character poll I've seen has placed Roshi at the top, and Omega Shenron seems to be the second most popular. Which makes sense, the former is probably the biggest name missing from the main cast, and the latter is the most obvious choice to round out the GT representation. Raditz is up there too, Pikkon and Top* as well to a lesser extent.

*If I'm gonna use dub names for all these characters, I should be consistent...

I've seen a big push for Majin Vegeta recently. I don't see that happening, he's already a lobby avatar. I guess people just want another Vegeta to balance out all the Gokus and he's the most tolerable choice.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:21 am

Ah yes, I forgot about the Omega Shenron! Him and Roshi are the top guesses and wishes, with the third one being a real mystery.
But let’s see what will really be the outcome.
Omega makes sense being a villain for GT Goku and also opportunity from dramatic finish between these two.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:46 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am What characters are people asking for at this point? They've pretty much had all the major characters introduced in Super. Maybe the most significant one they hadn't done was Toppo.
Raditz, Roshi, Omega Shenron, Toppo and a few Zarbon requests.

Personally, I want Roshi, Gero and God Toppo.

The potential of uniqueness in Gero and 19 in terms of moveset/playstyle is so great it's simply mind-boggling why they're yet to be added.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:34 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:46 am The potential of uniqueness in Gero and 19 in terms of moveset/playstyle is so great it's simply mind-boggling why they're yet to be added.
Especially considering the story mode is so centered around characters related to Gero.

Xenoverse was weird that way, too - a huge cast of characters including Dabra's sibling, but not Dabra himself? :wtf:
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:50 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am What characters are people asking for at this point? They've pretty much had all the major characters introduced in Super. Maybe the most significant one they hadn't done was Toppo.

For the old DBZ movies they've had characters like Cooler, Broly and Janemba which are the most popular ones. Don't know if they'd really bother with the likes of Turles, Slug and Bojack.

They definitely do not need to have Turles.
Master Roshi, Pikkon, Raditz, Omega Shenron, and Toppo are the most popular picks.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:36 am

Aside from Kid Goku are there any GT characters in the game?

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:42 am

The thing I've realised about this game's roster is the criteria to get in is determined less on "moves" and more on, well...sakuga. There are a lot of characters who have a notable gimmick that makes people go "man that character would be awesome in this game", but if there aren't enough manga panels or animation scenes of them actually doing anything, it's not going to work with how FighterZ makes characters. You can't just have one cool super, you gotta have normals and specials as well.

It's why Ultra Instinct Goku has one of the biggest movesets in the game despite being "another Goku". Because he got the best treatment from the animators. It's why DBS Broly has made Android 16 redundant. They're both grapplers, but 16 only has a forward tackle, a crappy divekick, a ground grab, an air grab, a basic projectile and three different types of Hell's Flash. Because he only had one fight. Meanwhile DBS Broly was the star of a massive animation extravaganza, so he has ground grabs, air grabs, ground-to-air grabs, an OTG grab, fast projectiles, a beam, an anti-air ball, stomps, an invincible body explosion and a transformation super.

Meito

Post by Meito » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:15 am

Considering that there are still 3 missing characters from the current season, it's realistic to think of a season four for the next year?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:26 am

Meito wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:15 am Considering that there are still 3 missing characters from the current season, it's realistic to think of a season four for the next year?
I don’t think so :( The game is already stretched beyond our expectations with Season 2, now 3 is underway... I was kinda happy with the base game, as later, it started to be difficult to form three member team from so many options without tips on the internet... I can see a second game or some special thank you character... but this game is already huge and character creation takes so much time. But who knows :)

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:20 pm

The DLC of Season 2 and Season 3 so far almost completely burned my passion out of this game. The base roster plus S1 DLC were awesome. Afterwards it became a Saiyan f*&kfest.

I mean, the last 4 characters who became DLC were all Saiyans, 3 of which are characters already in the game!! This is ridiculous.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:47 pm

I want Moro. Yes. Moro.
I know, it is not happening, not everybody follows the manga, not everybody knows or wants anything to do with Moro (even people following the manga), it might be a bad move financially and perhaps rushed even, considering he hasn't been defeated yet, but I think his moveset could be pretty interesting. He could just steal your ki bars(even the whole team's ki bars), copy your techniques if it's his ultimate version, use the stage as a weapon.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:47 pm I want Moro. Yes. Moro.
I know, it is not happening, not everybody follows the manga, not everybody knows or wants anything to do with Moro (even people following the manga), it might be a bad move financially and perhaps rushed even, considering he hasn't been defeated yet, but I think his moveset could be pretty interesting. He could just steal your ki bars(even the whole team's ki bars), copy your techniques if it's his ultimate version, use the stage as a weapon.
I'm not against the idea. Not everyone watches Super, or the DBZ Movies or GT, if what people did or did not want mattered, we would only have 3 Gokus excluding Black, and Super Broly's attacks are almost all made up, so at least Moro has defined moves. Lastly, this franchise is too big too fail. Give Moro the coolest shit and put it in a trailer, he will be bought, no matter what people feel about his story.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:47 pm I want Moro. Yes. Moro.
I'm not against the idea. Not everyone watches Super, or the DBZ Movies or GT, if what people did or did not want mattered, we would only have 3 Gokus excluding Black, and Super Broly's attacks are almost all made up, so at least Moro has defined moves. Lastly, this franchise is too big too fail. Give Moro the coolest shit and put it in a trailer, he will be bought, no matter what people feel about his story.
I think Moro can work same as Android 21, being extra and like never before seen character, except for manga. I can see him work like Hatchihyakku, that people will get attracted to see and play something new. I am not against the idea as well. Altough I can imagine people bitching about Moro being in the game instead of Toppo for example :lol:
Funny thing is, that I do not care about Toppo at all :)

Meito

Post by Meito » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:39 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:26 am
Meito wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:15 am Considering that there are still 3 missing characters from the current season, it's realistic to think of a season four for the next year?
I don’t think so :( The game is already stretched beyond our expectations with Season 2, now 3 is underway... I was kinda happy with the base game, as later, it started to be difficult to form three member team from so many options without tips on the internet... I can see a second game or some special thank you character... but this game is already huge and character creation takes so much time. But who knows :)
Should have expected that, I guess. This game is kind of a love letter to the franchise, so much I would never have enough :) .
However I hope Bamco will release the game with all the included DLCs, maybe even a collector edition. Since I preordered the game digitally I wouldn't mind having a (complete) physical copy.