"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:42 pm

In Brightest Day wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:06 pm The fact that people want Majin Vegeta and Super Buu (AND EVEN MORE VERSIONS OF GOKU) before Uub, Chi-Chi and Tao gives me a big sad.
Uub doesn't even have a moveset besides punching & kicking. Look at him in Budokai 3, he's empty, not even an Ultimate Move.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:25 pm

Super Boo would be pretty cool if his absorption gimmick was well done. In my opinion he's also his own character, distinct enough from Pure Boo and Mr.Boo. So he wouldn't be another Boo.

I still prefer Dr.Gero (alone or with #19), Raditz, Mr Satan or Dabra. If one of these makes it I'll be happy.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 am

Xeogran wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:42 pm
In Brightest Day wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:06 pm The fact that people want Majin Vegeta and Super Buu (AND EVEN MORE VERSIONS OF GOKU) before Uub, Chi-Chi and Tao gives me a big sad.
Uub doesn't even have a moveset besides punching & kicking. Look at him in Budokai 3, he's empty, not even an Ultimate Move.
This argument doesn’t hold much weight considering Videl is a character in the game.

Uub has plenty of Ki attacks - watch GT.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:44 am

In Brightest Day wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 am This argument doesn’t hold much weight considering Videl is a character in the game.

Videl is a duo unit to save her moveset, Uub in GT got Buu's attacks but there already are three Buus in the game so it doesn't help his case

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:19 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:44 am
In Brightest Day wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 am This argument doesn’t hold much weight considering Videl is a character in the game.

Videl is a duo unit to save her moveset, Uub in GT got Buu's attacks but there already are three Buus in the game so it doesn't help his case
There are two Buu’s at the moment, and Uub should take priority over Super Buu for the sake of diversity.

Uub has both Goku and Buu’s techniques (which in and of itself is interesting), as well as established attacks unique to his own - again, go back and watch his fights in GT.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:02 pm

In Brightest Day wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:19 am

There are two Buu’s at the moment, and Uub should take priority over Super Buu for the sake of diversity.

Uub has both Goku and Buu’s techniques (which in and of itself is interesting), as well as established attacks unique to his own - again, go back and watch his fights in GT.
Well alright then. Also for third Buu I meant Android 21 since she shares his techniques too :P

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:02 pm
In Brightest Day wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:19 am

Well alright then. Also for third Buu I meant Android 21 since she shares his techniques too :P
Ah, touché. 8)

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:47 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Moro in, but I know that's definitely not happening.

Maybe for a sequel.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:40 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:47 pm I wouldn't mind seeing Moro in, but I know that's definitely not happening.

Maybe for a sequel.
It could very well happen if we get a Season 4 depending on if the Moro arc being adapted to the anime is announced in December or something

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 am

she doesn't really contribute anything ... but pan GT yes she does

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:40 pm

The next character is getting revealed on December 20 during the Japan online tournament playoffs for a release in January.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:34 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:40 pm The next character is getting revealed on December 20 during the Japan online tournament playoffs for a release in January.
Whoa, can’t wait! Really wonder if it will be Syn Shenron from GT, or some surprise.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:26 am

Mira with Towa assist..
I just have the feeling, they seem to be everywhere

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:56 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:34 am
Kataphrut wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:40 pm The next character is getting revealed on December 20 during the Japan online tournament playoffs for a release in January.
Whoa, can’t wait! Really wonder if it will be Syn Shenron from GT, or some surprise.
Those mavericks at the Bandai Latam account dropped a cheeky hint leaning that way. After pulling the same thing with Roshi, I wouldn't be surprised.

There haven't been any real surprises since, I wanna say GT Goku or Videl. Every character since then has been either obvious, or revealed ahead of time. At this point, I'm not really fussed about who it is. I just want them to nerf UI Goku so I can go back to having fun in the game.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:08 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:56 pm There haven't been any real surprises since, I wanna say GT Goku or Videl. Every character since then has been either obvious, or revealed ahead of time. At this point, I'm not really fussed about who it is. I just want them to nerf UI Goku so I can go back to having fun in the game.
I would put Muten Roshi and #17 as surprises as well. The first due to the lack of flight and the second for being in the game in some shape(#18 moveset) and getting in first than someone as Jiren at the time.

Right now only Omega Shenron would be expected. Everyone else would deliver different levels of "shock", from mild (Toppo), to big (Raditz) to huge (Mr. Satan or someone Pre- Saiyan Arc).

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:52 pm

LightBing wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:08 am
Kataphrut wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:56 pm There haven't been any real surprises since, I wanna say GT Goku or Videl. Every character since then has been either obvious, or revealed ahead of time. At this point, I'm not really fussed about who it is. I just want them to nerf UI Goku so I can go back to having fun in the game.
I would put Muten Roshi and #17 as surprises as well. The first due to the lack of flight and the second for being in the game in some shape(#18 moveset) and getting in first than someone as Jiren at the time.

Right now only Omega Shenron would be expected. Everyone else would deliver different levels of "shock", from mild (Toppo), to big (Raditz) to huge (Mr. Satan or someone Pre- Saiyan Arc).
17 came out a while ago and he got leaked beforehand. Everyone in season 1 got leaked if I remember right. Maybe Bardock and Broly didn't, but who wasn't expecting them?

Roshi got sort of leaked too, again thanks to those rapscallions on the Bandai Latam Twitter. Plus, he'd been high enough in the character polls that I think everyone assumed they'd find a way to get him in.

Videl as the surprise reveal after Jiren and GT Goku coming out of nowhere were the last times I remember people going "wait, what?" at a fighter announcement. Kefla was supposed to be a surprise, but she was so highly requested at the time it wasn't a big shock. And now who remembers she's even in the game?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:03 am

Kataphrut wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:52 pm

17 came out a while ago and he got leaked beforehand. Everyone in season 1 got leaked if I remember right. Maybe Bardock and Broly didn't, but who wasn't expecting them?

Roshi got sort of leaked too, again thanks to those rapscallions on the Bandai Latam Twitter. Plus, he'd been high enough in the character polls that I think everyone assumed they'd find a way to get him in.

Videl as the surprise reveal after Jiren and GT Goku coming out of nowhere were the last times I remember people going "wait, what?" at a fighter announcement. Kefla was supposed to be a surprise, but she was so highly requested at the time it wasn't a big shock. And now who remembers she's even in the game?
I do play Kefla a lot actually. Evevryone goes for UI Goku and milks his vanishes and combos, but Kefla is the hidden beast. I keep her for last when my team gets eliminated and damn, if the player is not a crazy experienced madman, I can destroy the rest of opponents team singlehanded with Kefla. 2 of my friends are huge fan of the character both in the show and the game as well.
But you are right, I don't meet lot of Kefla players in multiplayer.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:34 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:03 am
Kataphrut wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:52 pm

I do play Kefla a lot actually. Evevryone goes for UI Goku and milks his vanishes and combos, but Kefla is the hidden beast. I keep her for last when my team gets eliminated and damn, if the player is not a crazy experienced madman, I can destroy the rest of opponents team singlehanded with Kefla. 2 of my friends are huge fan of the character both in the show and the game as well.
But you are right, I don't meet lot of Kefla players in multiplayer.
I use her as well. Aside from liking the character, I wanted someone straightforward and effective considering the other two characters I was playing were Freeza and Hit. I've since dropped Freeza for Base Goku, but I like having her and Hit on a team.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:52 pm 17 came out a while ago and he got leaked beforehand. Everyone in season 1 got leaked if I remember right. Maybe Bardock and Broly didn't, but who wasn't expecting them?

I was ignoring leaks and going by supposed logic of the devs.

Videl was certainly the most surprising, her inclusion was for diversity sake and Kefla at the time was the most logical candidate.

I mean Kefla was used a lot by French players during their championship, it's a strong character. It's one of the less "gimmick" DLC characters they made, she's a fairly straightforward FIghterZ type.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:03 pm

I'd still like to see a playable Bulma piloting a mech, or maybe 23rd tournament Chi-Chi with the bansho fan like in Super dbz.

Tao could be interesting (but would it be the original or after he became a cyborg?).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!