"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:44 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:40 am Apparently a glitch with the patch caused thousand profile data deletions in the game, as well as shutting out android 21.
What??? On which platform? Damn, I am grinding so hard for the 530 000 BP trophy, this will make me to toss the game out of the window
as I play from time to time and am on 400 000, as I get rusty while not playing and some crazy kids are robbing me of my points before I get back on track :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:05 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:44 am
Nickolaidas wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:40 am Apparently a glitch with the patch caused thousand profile data deletions in the game, as well as shutting out android 21.
What??? On which platform? Damn, I am grinding so hard for the 530 000 BP trophy, this will make me to toss the game out of the window
as I play from time to time and am on 400 000, as I get rusty while not playing and some crazy kids are robbing me of my points before I get back on track :lol:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... urce=share

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:29 am

Luckily, I was able to progress with my data intact yesterday...
As rusty as I am, I had to watch some breakdown videos and Baby isn't bad at all, you can chain some crazy stuff with him.
Plus the returning ki blasts.

I just don't know how to emply his infect function in battle yet and he is kinda risky for me, so I will probably try him in online soon but definitely not ranked.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:30 am

Kataphrut wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 pm
Jord wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:56 pm There has to be some kind of Covid-related reason for not having GT Goku interact with Baby. He would be the number one choice for any interactions with him. Perhaps that is also the reason for the lack of a Dramatic Finish since Baby's ending would lend itself extremely well for it.
Interesting how they used the Oozaru special, even though I always seem to trigger the Super Gallic Gun one instead of the punching one from the trailer. Seeing this, they could have added a similar lvl3 for base Vegeta as many people were anticipating when he was getting released.
The Galick Gun special is triggered when you're one character down, similar to GT Goku going SS4 for Dragon Fist. And yeah, they could have done something similar for base Vegeta but you never know. The season 3 characters seem to be a lot more detailed, both visually and in terms of moveset. I guess releasing fewer characters over the course of the year has given them more time to condense the quality and create flashier cinematics.

The only thing that gets me about the lack of extra VO is Gogeta is coming next, which means Nozawa and Horikawa are coming back at minimum, which should mean their other characters (aka like a third of the flippin' roster) could have new lines as well. So logically it shouldn't be that hard to add- the one character people wanted so see interact with Baby was GT Goku, followed by Goku Black.

Also the fun thing about Nozawa having so many roles is every time she gets called in, so does Sean Schemmel, Colleen Clinkebeard, Kyle Hebert, Sonny Strait and/or Kara Edwards.
Thanks for the help! I have not delved deep into Super Baby, but just did some one on one fights to see what kind of interactions there were. I do agree that this season gets a bit more love than previous seasons. Baby's Oozaru attacks are simply spectacular and I love the way they handled it. Makes me really anxious to see what they'll do with Gogeta 4.
That being said, I would like to see more stages. I would think that a planet Tuffle would not be a lot of work since they could probably alter an existing stage. Yes, you do end up with basically a palette swap but even that is better than nothing.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:22 am

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:33 am

I believe in the power of Omega Shenron DLC!
Give me the Omega Shenron immediately :lol:

Otherwise, Gogeta will poke me in the eyes as the sore thumb it is. Looks nice, but lonely...

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:35 am

Is it just me or the interactions that Baby has with the other heroes are basically non-existent? I mean, Baby obviously says unique things to others, but the other characters reply with generic lines, it's as if they didn't even acknowledge Baby's existence LOL. Pretty lazy, but oh well.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:42 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:35 am Is it just me or the interactions that Baby has with the other heroes are basically non-existent? I mean, Baby obviously says unique things to others, but the other characters reply with generic lines, it's as if they didn't even acknowledge Baby's existence LOL. Pretty lazy, but oh well.
We were saying earlier in the thread, no lines were recorded for other characters interacting with Baby. Either they didn't think it was worth it, or they're getting the actors in at a later date. I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least the Nozawa and Horikawa characters get lines added for Baby when Gogeta 4 drops.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:43 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:33 am I believe in the power of Omega Shenron DLC!
Give me the Omega Shenron immediately :lol:

Otherwise, Gogeta will poke me in the eyes as the sore thumb it is. Looks nice, but lonely...
If XV2 can get support for 5 years after its release, then so can fighterz.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:33 am

Kataphrut wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:42 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:35 am Is it just me or the interactions that Baby has with the other heroes are basically non-existent? I mean, Baby obviously says unique things to others, but the other characters reply with generic lines, it's as if they didn't even acknowledge Baby's existence LOL. Pretty lazy, but oh well.
We were saying earlier in the thread, no lines were recorded for other characters interacting with Baby. Either they didn't think it was worth it, or they're getting the actors in at a later date. I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least the Nozawa and Horikawa characters get lines added for Baby when Gogeta 4 drops.
Wasn't it the same for Cooler and DBS Android 17 though? They got no interactions from other characters on release but they got added later. Covid doesn't help here either. I mean you would expect at least GT Goku to say something. Maybe even Gohan and Trunks even though it makes no sense as they are kinda not from his times. Also, a lot of people would like to see any Baby and Goku Black interaction as well, like discussing which borrowed body is stronger.
So yeah, they might've recorded unique dialogues for Baby alone right now and add some later, probably when Gogeta is released.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:26 am

You know, as they already have basic models for them, I would love Arc Sys to go wild and just add SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta... I don’t know how they can handle the roster menu anymore, but why not :lol:

The game is already overcrowded for my taste, but so far, all the characters so far are perfectly splendid.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:35 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:26 am You know, as they already have basic models for them, I would love Arc Sys to go wild and just add SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta... I don’t know how they can handle the roster menu anymore, but why not :lol:

The game is already overcrowded for my taste, but so far, all the characters so far are perfectly splendid.
Why do you feel it's overcrowded?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:44 am

sangofe wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:35 am
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:26 am You know, as they already have basic models for them, I would love Arc Sys to go wild and just add SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta... I don’t know how they can handle the roster menu anymore, but why not :lol:

I understand it’s a team tag game, so the more characters, the more variety you get... but to me personally as a fighting game fan, I am used to pick up Batman in Injustice and master him... Or Takeda in Mortal Kombat and master him...
But in FighterZ, there are so many options that I struggle to create a working team and do not enjoy the trial and error process of it as there is too many options for me now... So I just play with a team of three characters that work for me separately, which for me now are SSB Goku, Kid Buu and Kefla.

I just struggle with this concept and the option to pick from three different assists really didn’t helped me. But I love this game, no contest :)

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:56 am

If having model was enough then they would've made Zamasu, Caulifla or Kale playable already i think.
Having Goku SSJ4 would be great tho.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:59 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:56 am

If having model was enough then they would've made Zamasu, Caulifla or Kale playable already i think.
Having Goku SSJ4 would be great tho.
I know how the game is made, but as I am looking at them in the shot, I would actually like to see them as characters in-game :)

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:26 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:44 am
sangofe wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:35 am

I understand it’s a team tag game, so the more characters, the more variety you get... but to me personally as a fighting game fan, I am used to pick up Batman in Injustice and master him... Or Takeda in Mortal Kombat and master him...
But in FighterZ, there are so many options that I struggle to create a working team and do not enjoy the trial and error process of it as there is too many options for me now... So I just play with a team of three characters that work for me separately, which for me now are SSB Goku, Kid Buu and Kefla.

I just struggle with this concept and the option to pick from three different assists really didn’t helped me. But I love this game, no contest :)
I sort of get what you mean- I'm a slow learner when it comes to characters, so it is a bit intimidating when a new one drops and you have to figure out combos and team placement and things like that. It's been particularly tough with this season since the characters are more advanced- I really wanted to learn Roshi and Baby because of how unique they were, but it would have taken more time and effort than I had to spend. I thought UI Goku would be the same when I saw his movelist, but that was before we all learned that a drinking bird toy positioned over the square button could carry UI Goku to God of Destruction rank. Now I refuse to play him out of spite.

Also, while I think the "too many Gokus" thing is a dead horse, it does make the roster look padded, which doesn't help.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:27 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:22 am Gogeta 4 image
So I'll take that as a Gogeta 4 trailer dropping March 7th during that event?
Maybe some info about a season 4.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:01 am

Jord wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:27 amSo I'll take that as a Gogeta 4 trailer dropping March 7th during that event?
There's speculation based on how the game's character select is arranged on their website that a season 4 is going to happen.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:07 am

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:01 am
Jord wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:27 amSo I'll take that as a Gogeta 4 trailer dropping March 7th during that event?
There's speculation based on how the game's character select is arranged on their website that a season 4 is going to happen.
I can see that happening. Besides, as much as I like Gogeta 4, it would be strange to end with him, especially since Omega Shenron isn't available (yet).

Plus, when looking at it from a business standpoint, this new business model of giving a fighting game seasons is a lot cheaper than churning out sequel after sequel. It makes a lot of financial sense and since Fighterz hit the 5 million mark in sales, every dlc character has a huge potential market. Even if only 10% of the people that have the game buy the character it's a huge financial gain.

I like this model a lot myself and I'm pretty content with the QoL changes we saw since the launch of Fighterz.
That being said, it is really strange to look at how the base roster was,, considering how many characters we got since.

The online event would be the perfect time to announce season 4.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:10 am

Jord wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:07 amIt is really strange to look at how the base roster was,, considering how many characters we got since.
The game started with 24 and is now up to 40-42 if I'm not mistaking. A 4th season could bring that up to 48, doubling what it started with.