"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:17 am
Is it worth mentioning that we just got done with a season 3 with arguably the highest quality lineup of characters released yet, and the weak link was Kefla? Everyone in that season was really well made, with bigger and more technical movesets and yet compared to everyone else, she was just an above-average rushdown fighter.

Meanwhile, the best character of the lot was...Goku with silver hair. The one with the coolest combo routes was...Vegeta but possessed. The walking boss character who seems like he was tailor-made to break the game's meta over his knee was...Gogeta but monke. And then you have Roshi off doing his own thing, being cool but unorthodox. From an actual design perspective, these characters are worlds away from the base/season one roster when everyone felt samey outside of a few exceptions.
Definitely worth mentioning. It's not just this Season, all of them saw a bigger variety and creativity for most characters.

Base game felt safe. With the success it has I hope they keep on track in a sequel. They seem to have listened to some criticisms(expanding the assist system) from the fans, so there's a lot to look forward.

Personally I hope for a big overhaul on the Super dash mechanic: fix the tracking first and foremost, make it different for most of the cast. Different start ups and properties, etc... Just this change would make for a completely different game.

Rollback should be on the menu as well.

Kataphrut
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:09 am

LightBing wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:41 pm
Kataphrut wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:17 am
Is it worth mentioning that we just got done with a season 3 with arguably the highest quality lineup of characters released yet, and the weak link was Kefla? Everyone in that season was really well made, with bigger and more technical movesets and yet compared to everyone else, she was just an above-average rushdown fighter.

Meanwhile, the best character of the lot was...Goku with silver hair. The one with the coolest combo routes was...Vegeta but possessed. The walking boss character who seems like he was tailor-made to break the game's meta over his knee was...Gogeta but monke. And then you have Roshi off doing his own thing, being cool but unorthodox. From an actual design perspective, these characters are worlds away from the base/season one roster when everyone felt samey outside of a few exceptions.
Definitely worth mentioning. It's not just this Season, all of them saw a bigger variety and creativity for most characters.

Base game felt safe. With the success it has I hope they keep on track in a sequel. They seem to have listened to some criticisms(expanding the assist system) from the fans, so there's a lot to look forward.

Personally I hope for a big overhaul on the Super dash mechanic: fix the tracking first and foremost, make it different for most of the cast. Different start ups and properties, etc... Just this change would make for a completely different game.

Rollback should be on the menu as well.
I think rollback should be the number one priority, and with the way buzz has been around it, I feel like there's no way they're not going to do it for if the game gets a sequel.

As for super-dash, I'm mixed. I don't hate it as a mechanic, but I think it needs work. I'm not sure I like the idea of making it different among the cast though. For a universal mechanic, it should be standardised, since otherwise you'll get into a weird haves vs have-nots situation where some characters will fall off for not being able to superdash as well as others. I mean we already have people rating characters based on how toxic their autocombos are, do we really want to see a 'fast superdash' meta?

I think the best thing to do would be to just give everyone the tracking properties of Roshi's reverse kamehameha - one direction, straight line, no cursed pseudo-crossups.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:31 am

I just want a silly story with the DLC characters involved in the sequel. There's lots of potential for interaction between them, so it was a shame they never expanded that mode with some new extra chapters.

Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:52 pm

I feel like they can do a story mode sequel as DLC similar to how XV2 and MK11 did.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Nosferatu93

Post by Nosferatu93 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Nice server this game has. Worst online ever. Unplayable
Hellsing