"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:12 pm if it wasn't for the PS2 game Super Dragon Ball Z, I'd probably pass on Chi Chi, but she was really solid in that game. She'd be a great addition in Fighterz. And of course King Piccolo, but what I would really like to show up in a season 4 patch is Kid Gohan. They could give him a rage mechanic that happens if he's tagged in after his ally is defeated, like the sparking blast except shorter, though like Golden Freeza, you could activate sparking blast and have the rage boost combined with it for awhile.
Eh idk I’m down for different characters a big complaint of this game is that everyone plays the same and the amount of clone characters. There are other characters that aren’t as popular & that aren’t saiyans that should be added due to the fact that they can serve in differentiating the roster & play style rather than just ki blast character #15 cause he’s popular.FighterZ is beginning to fall into the Budokai 3 pitfall in regards to roster

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:50 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:23 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:12 pm if it wasn't for the PS2 game Super Dragon Ball Z, I'd probably pass on Chi Chi, but she was really solid in that game. She'd be a great addition in Fighterz. And of course King Piccolo, but what I would really like to show up in a season 4 patch is Kid Gohan. They could give him a rage mechanic that happens if he's tagged in after his ally is defeated, like the sparking blast except shorter, though like Golden Freeza, you could activate sparking blast and have the rage boost combined with it for awhile.
Eh idk I’m down for different characters a big complaint of this game is that everyone plays the same and the amount of clone characters. There are other characters that aren’t as popular & that aren’t saiyans that should be added due to the fact that they can serve in differentiating the roster & play style rather than just ki blast character #15 cause he’s popular.FighterZ is beginning to fall into the Budokai 3 pitfall in regards to roster
You mean Tenkaichi 3 because Budokai 3 hardly has any redundant characters.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:20 am

I admit the main reason I want her in is because of Super DBZ but she has enough material between the anime and manga to where they can do something a little different.

She'd probably be another Videl focusing more on close-combat and having very little range.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:33 pm

Dragon Ball FighterZ World Cup Finals indefinetely postponed due to Covid-19.

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Post by NickLord » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:33 pm Dragon Ball FighterZ World Cup Finals indefinetely postponed due to Covid-19.

Covid-19 has really screwed over the entire FGC

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Post by NickLord » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pm

Here's a "canon" tier list of DBFZ from Reddit based on powerscaling. Do you guys agree or disagree?
https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... nolah_arc/

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:50 am

NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 pm Covid-19 has really screwed over the entire FGC
It's probably a net positive since without it, Japanese companies wouldn't have been forced to put rollback in their games.

It pretty much guarantees DBFZ2 will have rollback, that's pretty huge.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:32 am

NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pmDo you guys agree or disagree?
I don't think it's a matter of "agree" or "disagree". Once you have Saiyan saga Goku and Vegeta "relative to Movie 14 Goku" ( :crazy:) and a Bardock who can transform into Super Saiyan weaker than Yamcha (and Ginyu too) and on the same level as Nappa, among other egregious stuff, this is more of the list being outright incorrect.

Mind to provide any reasoning behind this?
NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pmHere's a "canon" tier list of DBFZ from Reddit
What's that even supposed to mean?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:35 am

NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pm Here's a "canon" tier list of DBFZ from Reddit based on powerscaling. Do you guys agree or disagree?

You mean just the in-game existing characters tier listed based on manga/anime power theory and not by how useful are they in the actual game? If so, it’s kinda pointless list.

But based on my online experience, Gogeta, UI Goku and Super Broly are definitely in the top tier.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Post by NickLord » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:41 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:32 am
NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pmDo you guys agree or disagree?
I don't think it's a matter of "agree" or "disagree". Once you have Saiyan saga Goku and Vegeta "relative to Movie 14 Goku" ( :crazy:) and a Bardock who can transform into Super Saiyan weaker than Yamcha (and Ginyu too) among other egregious stuff, this is more of the list being outright incorrect.

Mind to provide any reasoning behind this?
NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pmHere's a "canon" tier list of DBFZ from Reddit
What's that even supposed to mean?
The story of DBFZ takes place after the Goku Black arc of Super, so the base forms of Goku and Vegeta in the game are obviously not the ones from the Saiyan saga, plus the tier list on Reddit said that its since the Granolah arc.

Just because Bardock could go SSJ1 in EoB doesn't mean he's on par with Namek arc SSJ Goku. Transformations are multipliers not tiers and base Bardock in Z was only around 10,000 in PL.

Yamcha is easily stronger than every character weaker than Namek saga Final Form Freeza, thanks to his training for the Androids and afterwards.

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Post by NickLord » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:44 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:35 am
NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 pm Here's a "canon" tier list of DBFZ from Reddit based on powerscaling. Do you guys agree or disagree?

You mean just the in-game existing characters tier listed based on manga/anime power theory and not by how useful are they in the actual game? If so, it’s kinda pointless list.

But based on my online experience, Gogeta, UI Goku and Super Broly are definitely in the top tier.
The best characters gameplay wise since Season 4 are easily Android 21, Z Broly, SSJ4 Gogeta and Kid Buu. Super Broly and SSB Gogeta are considered mediocre by pros.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:50 am

NickLord wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:41 amso the base forms of Goku and Vegeta in the game are obviously not the ones from the Saiyan saga,.
"Obviously"? Those images of base Goku and Vegeta are from Saiyan saga, they were advertised as such, they look as such, they are as such. You should elaborate more on the point of a list like this and clarify the specificity, as I'm not even sure if this is based on gameplay or if you're using the characters from the game as if they belong to the series.
NickLord wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:41 amJust because Bardock could go SSJ1 in EoB doesn't mean he's on par with Namek arc SSJ Goku. Transformations are multipliers not tiers and base Bardock in Z was only around 10,000 in PL.
Indeed, except Bardock wasn't put "on par with Super Saiyan Goku". He is, nonetheless, stronger than Yamcha and Ginyu. Also, Bardock didn't have a power level of ten thousand prior to transforming. He got hit by Freeza's attack before being sent back in time, he was healed once he arrived in the past and therefore he got zenkai. He no longer had a power level of ten thousand by the time he faces Chilled.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:14 am

Gogeta SS4 is on SSB Gogeta level according to FighterZ creators themselves, seeing the Dramatic Finish.
He should be waay higher on that list.

The Accountant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Accountant » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:52 am

1. Yamcha really shouldn't be that low.

2. I'm assuming this tier list is based on some Super material, right? It always baffles me how F'd up the powerscaling is.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:45 am

Definitely very anime based and only assuming the God base thing hasn't been retconned, which it most definitely has. Also not sure about Z Broly's placement. Yamcha is also stronger than Roshi, as per the manga.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:30 am

From my experience with the game, that doesn't add up. SS4 Gogeta is a beast, so are Kid Buu and Z Broly.

For the anime, it kinda works, although Vegito and Zamasu should be close to each other. Also Kefla is waaaay above blue saiyans, and only, Gogeta, Vegeta Baby and GT Goku are stronger than Buuhan from that B tier. Broly ain't beating Majin Vegeta.
SS4 Gogeta should be relative to BoG Goku or above Golden Freeza.
Fat Buu relative to BoG Goku is also crazy, like when? maybe for the Moro arc, not the anime. And Roshi is not stronger than Semi Perfect Cell in any media.
If it was for the manga, I could see A+ tier making sense but Gohan should be up there too, but Beerus should be on a new Z++ tier of his own.

It looks like a blend of every media, like if the anime were to come back and they were trying to stay truthful to the anime and manga.

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Post by NickLord » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:57 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:14 am

Gogeta SS4 is on SSB Gogeta level according to FighterZ creators themselves, seeing the Dramatic Finish.
He should be waay higher on that list.
The Gogeta vs Gogeta Dramatic finish is just for show, its not based on any powerscaling or actual canon since it never happened in the series itself.

Based on actual powerscaling, GT Gogeta is only at best comparable to SSG Goku from Battle of Gods.

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Post by NickLord » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:12 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:30 am

From my experience with the game, that doesn't add up. SS4 Gogeta is a beast, so are Kid Buu and Z Broly.

For the anime, it kinda works, although Vegito and Zamasu should be close to each other. Also Kefla is waaaay above blue saiyans, and only, Gogeta, Vegeta Baby and GT Goku are stronger than Buuhan from that B tier. Broly ain't beating Majin Vegeta.
SS4 Gogeta should be relative to BoG Goku or above Golden Freeza.
Fat Buu relative to BoG Goku is also crazy, like when? maybe for the Moro arc, not the anime. And Roshi is not stronger than Semi Perfect Cell in any media.
If it was for the manga, I could see A+ tier making sense but Gohan should be up there too, but Beerus should be on a new Z++ tier of his own.

It looks like a blend of every media, like if the anime were to come back and they were trying to stay truthful to the anime and manga.
- Current Vegito should be waayyyy above Merged Zamasu by now, since Vegito = Gogeta.

- Normal SSB Vegeta in ep.122 alone was able to create a Final Flash more powerful than the U7 Spirit Bomb, which is said to be equal to SSJ1 Kefla in power. Based on that and their increases in power since the Moro arc, Normal SSB Goku & Vegeta should be above Kefla by now.

- According to the actual writer and director of the 13 Z movies (Koyama), Z Broly was written to be the strongest character in the whole franchise prior to Battle of Gods (the whole thing about each movie villain being stronger than the last is a fandom myth), and he has feats to back it up like him wiping out a quarter of the mortal universe without using his LSSJ form. He ain't just Cell level lol.

- Good Buu in the ToP anime was able to put pressure on Goku (who should be way above his BoG arc self) while they were sparring before the ToP started.

- Based on feats, both Krillin & Roshi are way above Super Perfect Cell since the ToP anime.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:46 pm

Currently FighterZ and its various DLCs are under sale on Steam until Feb.3
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:59 pm

NickLord wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:12 pm - Current Vegito should be waayyyy above Merged Zamasu by now, since Vegito = Gogeta.

- Normal SSB Vegeta in ep.122 alone was able to create a Final Flash more powerful than the U7 Spirit Bomb, which is said to be equal to SSJ1 Kefla in power. Based on that and their increases in power since the Moro arc, Normal SSB Goku & Vegeta should be above Kefla by now.

- According to the actual writer and director of the 13 Z movies (Koyama), Z Broly was written to be the strongest character in the whole franchise prior to Battle of Gods (the whole thing about each movie villain being stronger than the last is a fandom myth), and he has feats to back it up like him wiping out a quarter of the mortal universe without using his LSSJ form. He ain't just Cell level lol.

- Good Buu in the ToP anime was able to put pressure on Goku (who should be way above his BoG arc self) while they were sparring before the ToP started.

- Based on feats, both Krillin & Roshi are way above Super Perfect Cell since the ToP anime.
This sounds like a conversation for another thread, so I'll be brief:

-Nobody talks about Vegito Blue with current hypothetical Vegito Blue in mind, if you include him you are talking about the existing FT arc iteration, otherwise there's no need to include him, you already have Gogeta to represent him.

- So, it's the most current version of each character. In the manga they were already on that level or above her during the ToP.

- That's useless commentary, he was not portrayed to be stronger than the guy who beat him at that moment. So, too bad for Koyama, should've written a whole different movie to back up his claims.
Z Broly is what we saw, below a friendship-aided SS from the Cell arc. And not even strong enough to overpower SS Goku, SS Gohan and SS Goten from early Buu saga, no matter how many galaxies he blew up. Majin Vegeta kills him.

- Buu fought base Goku, he was not above SSG Goku lol. Anime filler scaling goes out the window when the real arcs land.

-Mm what? god no.