"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Many people think that Base Vegeta will have Great Ape as a Lvl 3. I doubt it. He becomes a great ape, fires a mouth blast and becomes normal again? Unless it's a one-time thing and is immediately followed by Yajirobe cutting off his tail, I don't see it happening.
I'm sure someone had a super in one of the handheld where they literally get an oozaru foot to stomp down as a super. Cant remember who though
That would be Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu for the Game Boy Advance, where Vegeta did indeed have that move.

I, uh...would...trust...ArcSys to do such a move much more justice than what you're seeing there though. Taiketsu is...well...I think it speaks pretty well for itself just in that short instance. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Many people think that Base Vegeta will have Great Ape as a Lvl 3. I doubt it. He becomes a great ape, fires a mouth blast and becomes normal again? Unless it's a one-time thing and is immediately followed by Yajirobe cutting off his tail, I don't see it happening.
I'm sure someone had a super in one of the handheld where they literally get an oozaru foot to stomp down as a super. Cant remember who though
I think it was in DBZ Taiketsu and it was Vegeta's level 3 move.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Gyt Kaliba.
Last edited by ShadowBardock89 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:53 am

I'm honestly getting real fed up with this bloody game. Played for 3 hours tonight. Saw three online matches cause this game has GREAT fucking online. Won 1, lost 2. Still a Saibaiman because I have haven't been able to get any matches to advance my rank. I legit am beginning to hate this game I loved. I managed to find another person, but we got a connection error before the match even begun. Practiced against level 100 AI while I waited. Couldn't do shit most of the time, combos I practiced are impossible to get off and I can't figure out the timing for 2H or when to block and not block. I've just never had a fighting game before that feels so meaningless. I practice, but all I can do is fight AI cause the game is broken. With friends I get No Rooms Found, on Ranked I wait hours for ONE match. All I can do is fight AI which creates bad habits and cheats. I'm getting nothing out of this broken mess of a game.

I can't play with friends. The game won't match me with anyone on ranked, so I'm stuck as a bloody Saibaiman and the game is uncompleteable for me. I practice but don't feel like it's worth anything, I learn combos but I cannot execute them in a real match. The game is unfinished with missing modes, broken servers, horrible offline content. I am so disappointed in this games current state. The gameplay is good with my only complaint being how one sided fights can become. I'm just disappointed...
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:17 am

I do not think I have made the point, but Bardock can be added to the list of characters normally depicted with a scouter but do not in FighterZ:
1) Nappa
2) Captain Ginyu (along with the rest of the Ginyu Force)
3) Saiyan Saga Vegeta (based on his model)
4) Bardock

Other characters:
*Zarbon (Rumored. Might not have a scouter if his Monster Form transformation is an install. Plus he never fought with his scouter on.)
*Dodoria (If Zarbon is indeed added as part of a second wave of DLC, he could be a part of Zarbon's moveset. He may or may not have a scouter.)
*Turles (his chances are low, despite a renewel of his use in Dragon Ball media recently. He usually is depicted with a scouter, though in Extreme Butoden he did not.)
*Raditz (Rumored. Chances of him having his scouter might increase if the characters above are added and they do not have scouters. Interestingly enough, in Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle, Raditz uses his scouter in one of his moves. If ArcSys are indeed planning to add Raditz to the game, Raditz's dependency on his scouter could be a part of his gameplay and this could be one of the reasons why the confirmed characters do not have scouters. Though, there are have been a few games where Raditz did not have his scouter and Extreme Butoden was one of them.)

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:58 am

I wish we had giant characters on this game
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 am

jeffbr92 wrote:I wish we had giant characters on this game
I'm surprised there was not one as a boss character.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 am

Played a few more hours. By the end of my session I was already beating my friend most of the time after figuring him out and punishing his constant dashing; very rewarding.

Played a bit more story mode, there's a lot of "hidden" interactions. I'm still very early on but it seems this mode is a big bulk of fan service. Kuririn and Piccolo having a conversation, which ended with "maybe Goku's isn't someone we should rely on so much" was great.
The AI is incredibly easy, still early thou. Let's see.

Got my first bad experience online, I was disconnected 4 times from the lobby in 2 hours. It never happened again but that's worrisome. Tried party mode with some randoms, it only lagged badly when someone with 1 bar connection joined in, most of the time it was 5 frame delay. Which I guess isn't bad taking into account it's 6 different people connecting.
It was fun at the start but then someone people weren't tagging and then a guy just started destroying everybody, I got tired of it.

I'm really liking the game and I barely scratched the surface, gameplay is amazing. Current team is Piccolo/Vegeta/?, currently rotating that third spot. Piccolo is hella hard, Vegeta is an easy character.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
That would be Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu for the Game Boy Advance, where Vegeta did indeed have that move.

I, uh...would...trust...ArcSys to do such a move much more justice than what you're seeing there though. Taiketsu is...well...I think it speaks pretty well for itself just in that short instance. :lol:
yeah thats what i was thinking of. I dunno I think working his great ape into a cinematic finisher would be ok, but apart from that.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:19 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
I dont recall many arksys games doing that, but I welcome the idea.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:57 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Guilty Gear Isuka has Leopaldon. And he's unlockable.
BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma has Takemikazuchi.
Yeah, it is not so many. But still.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:15 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax also had one in the form of Kagatsuchi.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:32 am

Bardock screenshots and art
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Broly screenshots and art
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 am

Nia wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax also had one in the form of Kagatsuchi.
Thats still not standard for them, they tend to go with a suped up antagonist like I-No, Dizzy etc

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Bardock screenshots and art
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Broly screenshots and art
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The non-canon starter pack.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:15 am

Bardock's introduction! Just gorgeous! :clap:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:39 am

Not what I was expecting for Broly... but its ok I guess, still they could've done a lot better. Bardock's intro is awesome!
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
KayDash wrote: It's fine to have more characters later, but it's unrealistic to expect much more from a new fighting game series, where they have to build everything from the ground up.
That excuse doesn't hold up anymore, when the game came out this month in Japan and less than a month ago overseas and they seem to have already 2 DLC characters ready.
What are the odds that they were purposely left out of the base roster, only for them to get more money from the fans through DLC?! With them announcing 8 DLC characters months before the game release, I say pretty damn high.
Those two are not ready. They are announced and have trailers (EDIT: nah, they are just fight intros), and as things look like their release date will be only revealed at March Shonen Jump, which likely means they won't be coming before late march.
You can assume that they cut finished content, but it will be... well, only an assumption.
But to be honest, after gaining some knowledge on how the games' selling prices changed over the years (it's not), and how the development costs went up, I can't blame companies: They realised that people will only pay $100 for a game, if it's sold in multiple parts.
Last edited by KayDash on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 am

Weird no sounds. Bardock has an awesome opening. Broly's though seems kinda lame. Was hoping it would be a mix of his Movie 8 Transformation and pointing scene.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 am

So, quick question - are they only teasing these two right now just to slowly get into things, or are these two expected to get released prior to the rest of the character pack?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)