"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 am

Grimlock wrote:You are exaggerating. Dragon Ball Heroes enables a lot of characters to get something, obviously Bardock is not exempt from that. Heroes did two polls so far, guess who appeared in the first place? It's not Heroes' fault. Again, Super Saiyan Bardock will appear in games because marketing sees Episode of Bardock the same way they see a regular anime episode, if it's animated, then they'll include everything they judge necessary/fit/cool/that sells. Bardock is not the only one who got Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan 4. Also, Heroes works with the "what-if" concept, so it's entirely plausible that he can get any Super Saiyan transformation under that concept. Yamoshi is an entirely different character, there's no logical reason to mix them up at all.
Please, I'm not even just complaining about Heroes, IIRC Ultimate Tenkaichi was the first console game to introduce SSJ Bardock.

My point is the same way fans don't like Broly to be wanked and receive transformations he never displayed in the actual series, they can feel the same way about Bardock.

Also "what-if" transformations sucks, I only liked SSJ3 Vegeta from Raging Blast 2, but LSSJ3 Broly was big no-no. And by "Yamoshi Bardock" I was partially joking, but I guess I could change to "Inherited Spirit Of The Super Saiyan God Bardock" I have no doubts they would give him a God form in the future, have him to be related with Yamoshi? Perfect.
Kanassa wrote:That move where he travels through Goku's Kamehameha and decks him in the face.
Oh that's a cool move, but I guess I would be more fond of his continuous Supernova (don't know if he has this finishing move in his Final Form or Metal Form)
Last edited by Noah on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:05 am

Well, if I may place my least liked...

Gokus and Vegetas and that includes their dads, pronto. I may make an exception with Ultra Limit because it does look its own thing. I like kid Goku as much as the next fan but enough Goku is enough. Get Arale, Roshi, Dabura, Raditz, movie characters like Janemba or Pikkon. Super caracters like Jiren. You get the drill.

I rather have Chichi or Videl than Bardock. I don`t need a Goku with a scar when I already have the OG bandit with them and a moveset.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 am

Noah wrote:IIRC Ultimate Tenkaichi was the first console game to introduce SSJ Bardock.
It was Dragon Ball Z: for Kinect.
Noah wrote:My point is the same way fans don't like Broly to be wanked and receive transformations he never displayed in the actual series, they can feel the same way about Bardock.
So they just want everyone but Bardock to get stuff? Well, they might also want to pull a Franklin Richards and create their own universe where Bardock doesn't even exist then. :roll:
Noah wrote:but I guess I could change to "Inherited Spirit Of The Super Saiyan God Bardock" I have no doubts they would give him a God form in the future, have him to be related with Yamoshi? Perfect.
If we get to the point of Bardock getting Super Saiyan God, be certain that other Saiyans will get it too. I'd understand if Bardock was the only one getting stuff, but since he isn't, there's no actual point in complaining only when it comes to Bardock.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:13 am

Anyone else a bit disappointed that Schemmel is still going for that "kinda british" accent for Black? Its weird because its not as high pitched as it was in Xenoverse and yet at the same time when he grunts and attacks he sounds like an" angrier" Goku.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:50 am

Here is the complete stream from yesterday for those who missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tgy_8GY3Y
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:12 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Anyone else a bit disappointed that Schemmel is still going for that "kinda british" accent for Black? Its weird because its not as high pitched as it was in Xenoverse and yet at the same time when he grunts and attacks he sounds like an" angrier" Goku.
I don't want to harp on it...in this thread...but yeah, it's disappointing. I can barely hear Goku's voice in it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:13 am

My ideal DLC list would be:
1-2: Broly and Bardock
3-4: Saiyan arc Goku and Vegeta
5-6: Vegetto and Merged Zamasu
7-8: Jiren and UI Goku

After these 8 characters, for the 2nd year of DLC (if it happens) I would want to see:
9-10: Kefla and Raditz
11-12: Janemba and Omega Shenron
13-14: New Saiyans from the upcoming movie
15-16: New characters from Super's next arc
Last edited by emperior on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 am

My personal 8 character DLC wishlist

1. Janemba
2. Super Vegito (with SSB as ultimate similar to SSJ3 Goku/Golden Freeza)
3. Dabura
4. Broly
5. Raditz
6. Roshi
7. Jiren
8. SSJ4 Gogeta

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:16 am

emperior wrote: 3-4: Saiyan arc Goku and Vegeta

11-12: UI Goku and UI Vegeta (if it happens)
Is it really necessary to have four sets of Goku and Vegeta??

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:19 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
emperior wrote: 3-4: Saiyan arc Goku and Vegeta

11-12: UI Goku and UI Vegeta (if it happens)
Is it really necessary to have four sets of Goku and Vegeta??
I edited my post to not include UI Vegeta as it might not happen soon. To reply to you: I would like to see Goku and Vegeta in their Saiyan arc outfits after they have revealed the dramatic finishes and character-specific intros/outros, and Saiyan Arc Goku and Vegeta would bring in so many iconic scenes that it would be a shame not to have them.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 am

People wanted Ultimate Gohan, who is a badass character and all, but lacks an interesting moveset, even with stuff pulled in from the SSJ/Movie version of him.
Something similar is up with Bardock. I love his story arc, from the special, and he is a true tragic anti-hero, one of a kind in the DBZ franchise. But look at his moveset, he has even less material then A.Gohan.
They can't even go Ginyu with him, because his team-mates also don't have interesting moves.
For one of his supers they can at least use the "meteo attack" he used to finish Chilled as a SSJ, and his precognition ability can be turned into a counter-mechanic, but that's it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am

My ideal DLC list:

1. Janemba
2. Dabra
3. Vegetto
4. Merged Zamasu
5. SSJ2 Caulfila (w/SSJ Kale)
6. Broly
7. Raditz
8. Omega Shenlong

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:17 pm

So which character you guys think has a chance of getting in Kefla or caulifla?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Female Broly would be my pick. Two in one.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Yeah, but there's a choice there: Kale is physically closer to Broly than Kafla, sure.
So if they want to go for the Broly effect, as some sort of replacement, they might want to choose Kale.
But if they don't want a near-perfect Broly copy (or if Broly is already there), then they might want to choose the more powerful Kafla.

It really depends on if they basically want "girl Broly" or if they want "the girl that has some traits of Broly like green hair but is still very different physically and fought Ultra Instinct Goku".
Both choices are understandable.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:53 pm

pacz360 wrote:So which character you guys think has a chance of getting in Kefla or caulifla?
In my eyes they're the same character. There's absolutely no Kale inside Kefla, as far as I see it. They might as well go with Kefla to satisfy the fans who want uber-powerful characters (lorewise).

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:18 pm

If that idiot rip-off character gets into the first polished fighter DBZ has had since hyper dimension over Broly that would be the biggest sin in the history of DBZ's game history. sYou guys will get your sequel and eventually have that BS character in there, let us have this!

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Why do people want another one Goku and Vegeta? Base Goku, Base Vegeta, Majin Vegeta, etc… We already have 2 each of them.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Yeah, but there's a choice there: Kale is physically closer to Broly than Kafla, sure.
So if they want to go for the Broly effect, as some sort of replacement, they might want to choose Kale.
But if they don't want a near-perfect Broly copy (or if Broly is already there), then they might want to choose the more powerful Kafla.

It really depends on if they basically want "girl Broly" or if they want "the girl that has some traits of Broly like green hair but is still very different physically and fought Ultra Instinct Goku".
Both choices are understandable.
True but when I mention her as "female Broly" is only because to me, that`s what Broly brings to the table. The Juggernaut look, which is also a trope role in figthers. So she brings that to the table, plus diversity and actual character to draw interactions/dialogue from. Their fusion is another asset I wouldn`t mind, going as far as having one as the assist of the other and gaining the Fusion with an input or just the Fusion altogether from the get go.

They`re trying to please casuals as well as the wider audience. I don`t think they`re running the risk to not make at least a female trio for the game. The one thing against the Saiyan girls is that like Jiren they are fairly current to the running arc whereas Beerus and Hit already had earlier arcs and material to work with. Same goes for Vegetto and Brolly.
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Why do people want another one Goku and Vegeta? Base Goku, Base Vegeta, Majin Vegeta, etc… We already have 2 each of them.
It`s like me asking for a Bandid Yamcha because he also had other moves, especially with his sword and Baseball Yamcha because he can fuse his two specials in one single projectile and use the bat.

Yeah, wouldn`t mind him having Puar as the assist for those babies but not another character slot.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Why do people want another one Goku and Vegeta? Base Goku, Base Vegeta, Majin Vegeta, etc… We already have 2 each of them.
Well, I'm fine with one version (although I would have been pissed if there wasn't full-time Super Saiyan Blue Goku), but I guess most people want their favorite version with their favorite moveset AND intros / outros that match that specific version.

Majin Vegeta usually has a more brutal, psychotic feel that some might not find in the tamer Vegeta for example. They want those brutal moves, the two fingers beam, the self-destruct move with the tears, the sociopath smile saying "I'm coming to kill youuuu!", the dignified "I'm doing this for you, Bulma, Trunks and even Kakarotto", etc...
It could be their favorite look, it could be their favorite dialogues/temper, it could be a gameplay opportunity they'd deem more interesting, it could be cutscenes they'll anticipate.

It's as simple as "the version included isn't enough to cover the opportunities offered by this character", I guess.

On another subject, I don't miss Raditz. He doesn't look good, he doesn't have a charismatic temper, and he doesn't have worthy moves... Never liked him, he's quite dull to me.
No need for him according to me, but I've seen that some people would like him to be included, so I guess he does have supporters.
Last edited by Cold Skin on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.